Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

gently caress yes. :toot:

Some fun things in the chest:

A huge room with multiple dinguses and a ton of Large poops

A huge room with like at least 8 wraths, and 2-3 super wrathes

gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

IronicDongz posted:

gently caress

Now do it on Hard!

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
I walked into a room behind double locks. It had a big picture of a die on the floor. Many of my items were randomly swapped to other items. :psyduck:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Just killed mom and a room popped up on the right, entered grab an item out of 4 and every single boss in the game attacked me in pairs. :psyduck:

What the gently caress just happened.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Alteisen posted:

Just killed mom and a room popped up on the right, entered grab an item out of 4 and every single boss in the game attacked me in pairs. :psyduck:

Must've been a pretty good run since you got there so quickly.

The boss rush comes up if you beat Mom's heart in less than 20 minutes.

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008
Interesting. Bobs rotten head can synergise with some tear effects. I had it with splash damage and it hit once and then split into 4 more Bob bombs. I still think it charges too slowly to be a top tier item though.

Also does anyone know what happens if you have azazel with that ludovico thing and shielded tears?

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Wittgen posted:

I walked into a room behind double locks. It had a big picture of a die on the floor. Many of my items were randomly swapped to other items. :psyduck:

I had this a few times and the best one I've gotten was a 6, which gave me the mutant spider quad shot along with a bunch of tear up items as Azazel. Killed Mom in 2 quick blasts and Mom's hear in 3.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

8MJ9-TMFK

Starts with Common Cold right out of the gate, at least with Azazle it does.

In other words: the boss-fucker run.

Edit: never mind. Apparently Azazle's mini-brim does not mix well with poison.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Ghost Head posted:

Also does anyone know what happens if you have azazel with that ludovico thing and shielded tears?

You get a free win.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kanfy posted:

Must've been a pretty good run since you got there so quickly.

The boss rush comes up if you beat Mom's heart in less than 20 minutes.

I beat mom though and then that room showed up, the mom's heart battle came after I went through the womb.

And yea it was a good run, brimstone, demon wings and nothing but damage up items.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Read posted:

I have 230, I believe 200 (Lvl 3) is the max upgrade. Not sure.

The fourth upgrade is at 600 pennies.

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

I just completed the Demo Man challenge. Please tell me Dr. Fetus isn't always that bad. I was pretty bummed that it didn't unlock Epic Fetus so this Chaos Card better do something amazing.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Wugga posted:

So, has anyone encountered a bug where Isaac just drops bombs on his own all of a sudden? Sometimes I'm so immersed in a boss fight I don't even notice and it ends up killing me. Happens with both keyboard and gamepad. It's not too common, but annoying as poo poo.

Had a darkness challenge run go bad because of this. Might've been for the best though, had minimum fire rate and pitiful damage and everything took forever to kill.

This was happening to me as well. I rebound bombs from Shift to 'E' on the keyboard and unplugged my gamepad from the computer, and one of those two things fixed it.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

I just had the boss rush myself while doing the Computer Savvy challenge. Killed Mom, felt pretty good, then wondered... do I pick up the trophy, or explore that weird hole to the right?

I had no idea what the hell was going on but luckily Computer Savvy is a pretty easy challenge so just running around got me a win without too much trouble except right at the end.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

I had this a few times and the best one I've gotten was a 6, which gave me the mutant spider quad shot along with a bunch of tear up items as Azazel. Killed Mom in 2 quick blasts and Mom's hear in 3.

Yeah, I am not sure what is going one with these. Just got three in one run. 1,5,1. First shifted my items. Second warped me down a level (which sucked as I had not cleared it yet.) Last one shifted me around again. Apparently gave me the right items to turn me into Lord of the Flies.

Gestalt Illusion
May 28, 2013

I'm pretty sure I deafened myself by doing the boss rush with Azazel.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Gestalt Illusion posted:

I'm pretty sure I deafened myself by doing the boss rush with Azazel.

Same, but also I didn't even win because absolutely gently caress the Carrion Queen with Azazel. I didn't have any heart containers at the time either so I couldn't use the thousands of red hearts that dropped.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Any confirmation as to if any unlocks are tied to winstreak? I have a winstreak of 10 going right now and so far haven't triggered anything special with it.

The Isaac fight in this version of the game is so much better designed. It is still really challenging but doesn't actively punish builds that fire lots of tears. I like that. All the high end boss patterns in this game feel hard yet fair. It also helps that tears that are supposed to be flying above your head don't hit you anyway because you happened to be standing where they're drawn now.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Same, but also I didn't even win because absolutely gently caress the Carrion Queen with Azazel. I didn't have any heart containers at the time either so I couldn't use the thousands of red hearts that dropped.

Using Azazel, I died the first time I did the boss rush because I had only 1 heart container. Next time I did it, I had 6 heart containers and I just loving wiped the floor with the bosses without any issue. Heart containers play a massive part in that fight, it seems.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Well, sure wasn't as hard this time around

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Does anyone know what is going on with the soundtrack? I bought it from steam along with the game, but it's not available.... despite having already been released in full elsewhere? I don't get it.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
the design of the rooms is phenomenal. i love how gorgeous everything looks.

the chest, the depths, the cathedral - they really outdid themselves with the graphics. everything is coloured so beautifully dark.

Sephuran
Nov 12, 2011

Alteisen posted:

This just happened to me as well, was doing the Computer Whiz challenge, beat mom and thought "Hey, that doesn't look like a normal door, oh hey items!" Boom, boss rush city. Thought i'd get more reward at the end but I just got another item.

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008
You know what would be a great feature for this game? Being able to choose which items you've picked up appear on your character. I hate it when something cool gets overriden.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Seed 6VVY H6G9 started me with Quad Shot on the first floor as Judas, if anyone wants a fun seed

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

I keep finding the Monkey Paw but I'm always scared to keep it. :ohdear:

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Kanfy posted:

I keep finding the Monkey Paw but I'm always scared to keep it. :ohdear:

I've kept it a few times now.

I still have no idea what it does :v:

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Logan 5 posted:

I've kept it a few times now.

I still have no idea what it does :v:

It's a co-op item apparently. Chance to get a black heart if your buddy takes damage.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

VDay posted:

It's a co-op item apparently. Chance to get a black heart if your buddy takes damage.

If you take damage down to your last heart, or maybe half heart, there's a chance that the monkey paw will drop a sin heart. Each time it does, the monkey paw icon lowers a finger. When it's given you three sin hearts, it disappears.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I thought people were bein' whiny but I didn't realize how how much I missed the original music until I re-listened to the old OST :(

I also miss the sound effect that used to play when you got something, made me feel all tingly inside.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat
Azazel + Tammy's Head is so broken, I got the Mama's Boy achievement without even realizing it.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Volt Catfish posted:

I thought people were bein' whiny but I didn't realize how how much I missed the original music until I re-listened to the old OST :(

I also miss the sound effect that used to play when you got something, made me feel all tingly inside.

I didn't want to complain before, but the new soundtrack is terrible compared to the old one :(
There are some good and some bad (you know which) sound effects, but overall it's the music that changed for the worse. As far as I could find out it's because Edmund is an idiot and didn't want Baranowsky? If someone made a hack or something that allowed for the old music to play I'd download it in a hardbeat.

It's not even that the new music is bad, it just doesn't fit the game at all unlike the old music which was really eery and fit perfectly.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I like that Samson isn't dogshit anymore. Bloody Lust seems to ramp up damage per floor now, not room, and it's based on damage taken. I turned in to a terrible murdermachine of death thanks to a Dark Bum feeding me with hearts that fuelled my rage. :black101:

Attestant fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Nov 6, 2014

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
Little neat thing I noticed of barely any use, but cool nonetheless -- if you hold down Select/Tab on the pause screen, you can toggle between the name of the currently equipped tarot card, and it's short description shown on the pop up banner you get upon pickup. A cool thing to help jog your memory of the cards effect(s).

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Damo posted:

Little neat thing I noticed of barely any use, but cool nonetheless -- if you hold down Select/Tab on the pause screen, you can toggle between the name of the currently equipped tarot card, and it's one line description.

You don't have to pause, it switches when you hold the map button.

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
Coal+Dark Matter and some damage ups turned my tears into black fireballs of destruction. And fear. That was an easy run. Unfortunately I was stupid and used a joker card in the Womb2 and jumped into the pit, so it didn't register the Heart Kill. I kept having lovely runs all day, after I unlocked Everything is Terrible. The harder monsters were not the problem, but the game kept throwing unreachable stuff at me. In one of the runs I had, on the second floor: a bomb surrounded by rocks, three times. Two x'ed rocks. a locked chest in a room, and a locked chest in an Arena room. A key surrounded by holes. Not a single bomb or key drop. I think it was the same run that gave me a tear down pill later on. I didn't get far.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock

dis astranagant posted:

You don't have to pause, it switches when you hold the map button.

Ah, makes sense. Guess I just never noticed it until the rest of the screen was covered with pause menu poo poo.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
Have we figured out the difference between hard and normal yet, and also which one the game defaults to?

The Sezza
Feb 18, 2007
I've got both Basement Boy and Spelunker Boy but Samson hasn't unlocked yet. Has anyone else had this problem? Or is there something I'm missing? I figured both of those would qualify as beating 2 levels without taking damage, considering that's the requirement for actually earning those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Megasabin posted:

Have we figured out the difference between hard and normal yet, and also which one the game defaults to?

It defaults to normal but aside from not getting hearts from bosses and curses being more frequent I don't think there's a full list yet. I don't think you take more damage, but enemy arrangements do seem harsher and item drops might be more scarce.

Just got killed by hardmode Satan despite having Lord of the Flies. :negative:

E:

Also the cat's head that gives you a tear burst on 1-point charge is hilarious with Azazel and I'd guess Brimstone. It annihilated Mom's heart in approximately 0.3 seconds, and it's reusable in every single room because every room you clear recharges it again. I'm 80% sure I would've beaten Satan if Lord of the Flies hadn't taken it away from me.

Kanfy fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Nov 6, 2014