Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

o muerte posted:

Oh my, the planetside subreddit really delivered here: http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/2l3rt4/so_apparently_being_a_paying_members_makes_sure/

Props to SOE for actually giving these people the boot.

Theres a video of him failing to TK a D117 sundie for 4 minutes straight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Sometimes I can't help but touch the poop.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010

Hajj Podge posted:

Sometimes I can't help but touch the poop.

I commend you. I won't touch any of his posts.
He tries to argue SKILL-BASED GAMEPLAY but completely ignores every single other factor.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
Gonna start complaining about people using headshot crutches to stop me winning 3v1's with my skillshield.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
That would be more valid if HA shields didn't block headshots (which they shouldn't)

Fierce Brosnan
Feb 16, 2010

I have seen into the future
Everyone is slightly older
Nov 6
Daily sale: Engineer Composite Helmet
Members sale: Engineer Banded Skull Helmet

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

treizebee posted:

Gonna start complaining about people using headshot crutches to stop me winning 3v1's with my skillshield.

loving Heavy Assaults using their Rocket Launchers to stop me winning 3 vs 1's with my Max. Rocket Launchers aren't skilled, use your LMG's or GTFO.

And Vanguards using AP can get hosed. Use HE like a real tank or stop tanking with your easy mode high velocity, high damage gun.

Fans fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Nov 6, 2014

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

I'm just going to preempt this discussion:

remove libs

Desideratus
Oct 5, 2008

Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people.

FOX ONLY NO ITEMS FINAL DESTINATION

LAs with NS-11c only at Matthersons Triumph, no explosives, no sundie killing, no vehicles; Just honorabuu gunfights between towers.

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Desideratus posted:

FOX ONLY NO ITEMS FINAL DESTINATION

LAs with NS-11c only at Matthersons Triumph, no explosives, no sundie killing, no vehicles; Just honorabuu gunfights between towers.

Gold guns only, so we can make awful "lord of the blings: the two towers" jokes TIA.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Mpal from the Hive that is Reddit posted:

If you have to sneak around and tank mine the only sundy in the hex and the sundy is not being camped, you are prematurely killing the fight. There are tryhards who believe they are being super objective oriented and playing the right way, but ultimately you are just causing more down time in the game.

That's someone from DA, complaining that some people are no fun allowed Tryhards.

Drink it in.

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

Fans posted:

That's someone from DA, complaining that some people are no fun allowed Tryhards.

Drink it in.

I think you know what this means. We need to teach pubbies to kill sunderers even FASTER. :science:

(By which I mean wraith flash with tank mines)

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Fans posted:

Drink it in.

I find myself in favor of fun fights vs grand strategy most of the time, but even I think that is taking it a bit too far. It's certs to be had, blow up those sundies!

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Fans posted:

Drink it in.

Okay but you intentionally left out the "late at night" line he followed that with, and I will be devil's advocate and say it can really suck rear end when it's early/late, there's not much happening, and you've managed to drum up a good 12-24 fight and five minutes in one lone engineer mines the sundy and the fight's over and your choice is now 'welp good luck against 382nd's ghost-capping platoons taking hexes with 80% pop'

Obviously the game isn't designed or tuned to have only 250 on a continent and it's not worth SOE's time to work on 'low pop gameplay' but hey sometimes that's when you end up playing :shrug:

I would never actively criticize or TK someone for killing the sundy, though. And gently caress Mpal.

Fart Car '97 fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Nov 6, 2014

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Fart Car '97 posted:

If anyone was ever wondering if a crosshair overlay was worth it, it absolutely is. It's a huge buff in terms of both hipfire and lining up your shots while in the process of ADSing. It's borderline cheating.
I'm not sure there's anything "borderline" about it. They almost certainly won't catch you, and with the scope fixes they probably don't care that much anymore, but it's clearly cheating (especially when used in third-person vehicle guns). Of course I say that but I would totally use the hardware crosshair that came with my monitor if it weren't comically terrible, I'm just saying it's a form of cheating that I'm OK with. But "an external program/hardware feature allows me to emulate a more reliable crosshair, even in instances where I'm not supposed to have one" is basically equivalent to using click scripts or ADAD macros. It's QOL cheating rather than hack cheating, but it is what it is.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Fart Car '97 posted:

Okay but you intentionally left out the "late at night" line he followed that with.

I left out "Especially late at night" which isn't the same thing as "Only late at night"

I mean yeah if it is literally the only fight going then leave it alone I guess.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!
Bullets kills me more than anything else and are SO easy to use, I don't want to cert up my nanoweave, so anyone that uses bullets is a no-skill shitlord who should conform to my idea of honourable gameplay.

I can of course use bullets though, but only for my auraxium.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Fans posted:

I left out "Especially late at night" which isn't the same thing as "Only late at night"

I mean yeah if it is literally the only fight going then leave it alone I guess.

Let's be clear any time out side of bizarro-hours I am 100% pro-sundy death and I will often pull a Vanguard for the express purpose of killing a lone sunderer that is feeding a farm so we can move to the next hex :colbert:

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Listen if we really want to talk fair gameplay we need to look at flak again. This detenation by proximity is historically inaccurate for our futuristic sci-fi shooter that has ww2 rules. Skyguards and bursters should have to set an altitude for their shells to detonate at and hope they get it right. Hits at a different altitude should do small arms damage. Also give bursters the skyguard cof since we all know maxes are dishonorable op no skill noob suits.

Buff the lib.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Horizontal Tree posted:

That would be more valid if HA shields didn't block headshots (which they shouldn't)

Didn't they actually make the heavy shield not protect against headshots citing that "Its so skillfull players can't be cheesed with the shield" then silently re-enabled that feature?

Cause I mean, god knows in a game where fuckheads pop around corners/over hills, press f and fire a rocket that can one shot anyone the only thing one can do is fire a no sway sniper in their dome and now that can't be a thing anymore.

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

honda whisperer posted:

Listen if we really want to talk fair gameplay we need to look at flak again. This detenation by proximity is historically inaccurate for our futuristic sci-fi shooter that has ww2 rules. Skyguards and bursters should have to set an altitude for their shells to detonate at and hope they get it right. Hits at a different altitude should do small arms damage. Also give bursters the skyguard cof since we all know maxes are dishonorable op no skill noob suits.

Buff the lib.

I would pay money for an a version of the Skyguard that was a suped up Walker, or had some kind of fun and interesting mechanic.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS1-MtrHhzA

I thought it was just going to be him annoying a max but the ending was good :toot:

kidRiot
Dec 14, 2007

"I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you're only going to kill a man."

Nookovian-Red posted:

How does KidRiot draw on the map like that? (Little past the Emerald Showcase)

GameCaster by Xsplit.

There's an Annotation option that let's you draw on the map as you stream. I opened Gamecaster and Xsplt. The Annotation option uses DX9 (I think) so I had to use Xsplit to be able to capture the drawing and other Scene stuff, since Gamester is purely for streaming game play.

edit: Also, post-SOE interview with SA's favorite Dev: Malorn! http://themittani.com/features/planetside-2-malorns-post-soe-interview

kidRiot fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Nov 6, 2014

MuffinMan
Oct 1, 2001

roger that sir, you're good to go.

kidRiot posted:

GameCaster by Xsplit.

There's an Annotation option that let's you draw on the map as you stream. I opened Gamecaster and Xsplt. The Annotation option uses DX9 (I think) so I had to use Xsplit to be able to capture the drawing and other Scene stuff, since Gamester is purely for streaming game play.

edit: Also, post-SOE interview with SA's favorite Dev: Malorn! http://themittani.com/features/planetside-2-malorns-post-soe-interview

Jesus you pay for an xsplit license.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Leal posted:

Didn't they actually make the heavy shield not protect against headshots citing that "Its so skillfull players can't be cheesed with the shield" then silently re-enabled that feature?

Cause I mean, god knows in a game where fuckheads pop around corners/over hills, press f and fire a rocket that can one shot anyone the only thing one can do is fire a no sway sniper in their dome and now that can't be a thing anymore.

Counterpoint: gently caress all snipers

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Snipers are absolutely retarded in a game primarily played indoors and with an engagement range of approximately 1 foot

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

go3 posted:

Snipers are absolutely retarded in a game primarily played indoors and with an engagement range of approximately 1 foot

Actually one of the reasons it took them so long to get 'gun balance' (mostly) correct was because, initially, most of the engagements were taking place at closer ranges than they expected they would. The guns were balanced for use at longer ranges? It seems like the rise of redeployside has shifted things back towards very few outdoor/ranged fights happening though so it is what it is.

Actually now I can't even remember if everything was balanced for close or long range to begin with but either way one of the main reasons weapon balance was so messed up for a while was because everything was designed with either short or long range engagements in mind but reality saw most of the fighting happening on the other end of the spectrum.

Fart Car '97 fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Nov 6, 2014

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Fierce Brosnan posted:

Nov 6
Daily sale: Engineer Composite Helmet
Members sale: Engineer Banded Skull Helmet
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Snipers own, it's a relaxing way to not actually play the game, all the while providing map hacks all at the same time! Non resist shields let you survive a headshot from a T1/T2 sniper, dunno about the T3.

On that note I can't stand the loving Longshot. Maybe I'll get a gold and move on, but the bolting time and reload take loving forever. I can't see myself auraxing it. Bolt Driver though... :allears: 60kph last I checked. Which is depressingly M** on DAS because of hill shitters.

Kind of makes me sad that the Moonshot is a Longshot sidegrade.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

There is only the Sasser

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat

Fans posted:

Drink it in.

Why the gently caress do people still deploy non-shield sundies for actual base assaults in this day and age? I cannot wrap my head around it, it makes no loving sense at all. For a defensive sundie I can understand pulling and ammo or repair and deploying it somewhere where it helps the defense but for an assault? Sorry but I have no sympathy for anyone dumb enough to do that.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

General Probe posted:

Why the gently caress do people still deploy non-shield sundies for actual base assaults in this day and age? I cannot wrap my head around it, it makes no loving sense at all. For a defensive sundie I can understand pulling and ammo or repair and deploying it somewhere where it helps the defense but for an assault? Sorry but I have no sympathy for anyone dumb enough to do that.

Sometimes a battle bus turns into a base assault sundy. It just happens.

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

There is only the Sasser

LA80 or bust, m'la80.

fknlo posted:

Sometimes a battle bus turns into a base assault sundy. It just happens.

When I'm feeling low effort I'll occasionally pull a bulldog/fury battle bus and go guard a hotly contested spawn sunderer. Sometimes that sunderer dies and I have to deploy :shrug: at least there's a spawn.

o muerte fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Nov 6, 2014

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

go3 posted:

Snipers are fun when there's no one else on and you feel like padding your kahdurr and being a douchebag.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

General Probe posted:

If your up against dedicated anti sundy teams you actually want a blockade sundy because a few repair engies can keep it up under a ton of fire where a shield sundy will lose its shield and be impossible to rep. General rule is 3 or less, shield 4 or more blockade. A shield sundy will save you against a suicide tank mine rush but it would save you against 2 LA's using explosive bolts+C4.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
Man I was driving a Sundie out to a base and got jumped by a Halberd Harasser, I shot it up best I could with the Sundie but bailed on it before it blew. Then it was just me and this Harasser that COULD NOT HIT ME. We kept dancing as he failed to shoot my face or run me over while I whittled away at the Harasser with my Carnage. Eventually the gunner on the thing jumped out to kill me the old fashioned way and I stabbed him in the face, then the driver did the same thing and I finally died.

One more stab and I'd be telling the story about how I killed a two man Harasser crew with a knife.

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

fknlo posted:

Snipers are fun when there's no one else on and you feel like padding your kahdurr and being a douchebag.

I routinely pull a t3 rifle and mop up all the bad wookies camping spawn at 48+ fights. Usually takes about a minute, then I can go do something else. The best part is knowing that it took them 5 minutes to get into position and only 15 seconds to dispatch them.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Snipe rifles are great for when you spawn into a base and there's 2 minutes and you're spawncamped. Just grab a BASR and pop the heads of idiot spawn campers then redeploy a minute later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renounced
Nov 8, 2005

POSTING ON THE INTERNET

o muerte posted:

I routinely pull a t3 rifle and mop up all the bad wookies camping spawn at 48+ fights. Usually takes about a minute, then I can go do something else. The best part is knowing that it took them 5 minutes to get into position and only 15 seconds to dispatch them.

Are weapon tiers some ironic thing I don't understand or is this actually listed somewhere?

• Locked thread