Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Circutron
Apr 29, 2006
We are confident that the Islamic logic, culture, and discourse can prove their superiority in all fields over all schools of thought and theories.
How the hell is he getting out of the snake, though? This seems like an important part of the plan everyone's glossing over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

DivisionPost posted:

I'm pretty sure he's in Falling Skies too. (It's ending next year, but still.)

Also, The Librarians is being run by John Rogers (Leverage), so we could be in for some low-key fun.

Falling Skies is also TNT, which is what he was saying.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

The bigger question is why a snake would want to eat something vaguely shaped like a human being encased in snake proof rubber.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Gonz posted:

It sure is. Bob Newhart is in 2 episodes, and Noah Wyle is in 4.

Two of the main cast members appear to be John Larroquette and Rebecca Romijn.

You say that like John Larroquette being the main character is a bad thing?

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!

Circutron posted:

How the hell is he getting out of the snake, though? This seems like an important part of the plan everyone's glossing over.

Yeah is he just gonna cut his way out of the poor thing or what?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Mahlertov Cocktail posted:

Yeah is he just gonna cut his way out of the poor thing or what?

My guess 20 minutes of bullshit, then the snake "eats" like up to his knee on one leg and then he pulls it out at the 40 minute mark and there's 20 more minutes of bullshit.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

IRQ posted:

My guess 20 minutes of bullshit, then the snake "eats" like up to his knee on one leg and then he pulls it out at the 40 minute mark and there's 20 more minutes of bullshit.

Between Discovery's usual "After the Break/Before the Break" recaps, I'd be surprised if there is five minutes worth of content in the entire show.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I read an article a while back on if a snake could eat a person and it stated that the accepted belief of zoologists is that there are no recorded instances of it happening and most likely a snake couldn't physically eat a person. They'd get stuck on the shoulders.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hello, I am confused by this Man vs. Snake show, as in, "what the gently caress" and "what's the premise here?"

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

zoux posted:

Hello, I am confused by this Man vs. Snake show, as in, "what the gently caress" and "what's the premise here?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rrM3zl4J_g

As said, it's already been filmed. The snake survived the encounter. But did the man????

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oh so it's like jackass.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

muscles like this? posted:

I read an article a while back on if a snake could eat a person and it stated that the accepted belief of zoologists is that there are no recorded instances of it happening and most likely a snake couldn't physically eat a person. They'd get stuck on the shoulders.

I've seen this come up several times over the years in various shows. Sometimes a bigass snake will try, but wind up killing itself in the process either choking to death or rupturing itself.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Circutron posted:

Combine Ipecac Flower with the Pancake Syrup.
Use Ipecac Syrup on the Snakes Head.

But that's the easy bit, now you're stuck in quicksand.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

IRQ posted:

I've seen this come up several times over the years in various shows. Sometimes a bigass snake will try, but wind up killing itself in the process either choking to death or rupturing itself.

Proactive solution: try feeding the snake a toddler.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

hcreight posted:

Proactive solution: try feeding the snake a toddler.

Bonus: one less toddler for Aatrek to rape

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Toxxupation posted:

Bonus: one less toddler for Aatrek to rape

Counterpoint, now he can rape a dead toddler inside a snake for the necro-beast-pedo hat trick.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Circutron posted:

My money is on this, but with a snake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAbPbS1ivMo

Bonus points if that is also how he gets inside the snake.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Is "How to Get Away With Murder" worth getting into? I have caught bits and pieces of the last few episodes and it seems okay (aside from some pretty bad acting from Viola Davis's scooby gang) but I can't really follow much of it because it's obviously very serialized.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

raditts posted:

Is "How to Get Away With Murder" worth getting into? I have caught bits and pieces of the last few episodes and it seems okay (aside from some pretty bad acting from Viola Davis's scooby gang) but I can't really follow much of it because it's obviously very serialized.

So far, absolutely yes. It's early in the run, you've got time. Also that bad acting makes more sense as the season goes on, if you can believe it. If anything my concern about the show is that it won't be able to sustain its premise beyond one season but it's working fantastically. Also if you haven't seen the first ep you're missing the best pilot since Mad Men.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Deadpool posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rrM3zl4J_g

As said, it's already been filmed. The snake survived the encounter. But did the man????

The comments on this are particularly high-level YouTube Comment Hilarity.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Snake proof suit has a rope attached so the guy is pulled out again after being swallowed by the anaconda. Apparently they rubbed animal blood or something all over the outside of the suit so the snake would go for it.

I read it on EW.com I think.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!

precision posted:

The comments on this are particularly high-level YouTube Comment Hilarity.

You're right snakes never eat people. lol Also what about the innocent other animals it may eat. Did you ever think that there could be a lot of research obtained from this?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Made a thread for White Collar's finale season which starts tonight. According to an interview with Jeff Eastin they decided that since there are only 6 episodes they decided to make it more like a miniseries instead of case of the week.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

GreenNight posted:

Falling Skies is also TNT, which is what he was saying.

Yeah. Though I forgot that ER lasted as long as it did, so my point was moot.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

raditts posted:

My money is on this, but with a snake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAbPbS1ivMo

Bonus points if that is also how he gets inside the snake.

I thought there were crickets in my house when watching this.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzdRQCnDBlw

This aired on Adult Swim last night, at 4AM, in a slot otherwise marked for infomercials.

It's one of the best deconstructions of television I think I've ever seen, and it's amazing.

It also reminds me that I am a horrible horrible TV show intro nerd. :(

Celery Jello fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Nov 7, 2014

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Mo0 posted:

This aired on Adult Swim last night, at 4AM, in a slot otherwise marked for infomercials.

It's one of the best deconstructions of television I think I've ever seen, and it's amazing.

I first noticed something was off when there was a second baby. But then it seemed like it was ending... I wasn't prepared.

That was pretty amazing.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Mo0 posted:

I remember back in the pre-Adult Swim days where if you were watching Cartoon Network at some odd hour after midnight, you'd get randomly rewarded with some bizarre poo poo. Some of which wound up being the first generation of Adult Swim pilots a few years later, like Sealab 2021 and The Brak Show. Good to see they're keeping up that old tradition.

edit: and wow, that just got more batshit the longer it went, that was amazing. Falling asleep with the TV on and waking up in the middle of an Adult Swim show is already the most disorienting thing, I can't imagine what it'd be like to wake up to that.

raditts fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Nov 7, 2014

DapperDinosaur
May 27, 2012

This is what America's next drag super star does...

She works for a living.
Anyone watching Kingdom? It's a DirectTV original show which makes it kind of hard to track down but it's actually been really good. I started watching it because Nick Jonas was in it and I expected to just watch his scenes and ignore the rest considering I don't care about MMA at all but Nick Jonas ended up being my least favorite part. Jonathan Tucker is amazing.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Mo0 posted:

This reminds me of when Adult Swim inexplicably showed Saved By The Bell reruns, presumably because of the bumpers it let them make:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNJXfsGKfjA

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

BSam posted:

Combine Ipecac Flower with the Pancake Syrup.
Use Ipecac Syrup on the Snakes Head.

But that's the easy bit, now you're stuck in quicksand.

I enjoyed this post.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Mo0 posted:

This touches so many nostalgia centers in my brain.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Mo0 posted:

I lost it at "Smarf", and then just kept losing it.

Hopefully there isn't a follow-up story about dozens of stoners passing out from oxygen deprivation due to uncontrollable laughter.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmxIWjH0umo

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy
Didn't Discovery do the Megalodon "special"? This just sounds like horseshit.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Mo0 posted:

This is awesome. I, too, lost it at Smarf.

edit: I probably should have waited until it was done before I posted. It keeps getting better and better.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Nov 7, 2014

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Clamknuckle posted:

Didn't Discovery do the Megalodon "special"? This just sounds like horseshit.

Well this time they're gonna feed it a guy.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
I watched the first two episodes of that new HBO Olive Kitteridge miniseries and its really good.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Mo0 posted:

This is absolutely a pro-click. Completely awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Selfie has been canceled - done after the initial 13. Hopefully John Cho is back on Sleepy Hollow later this season.

• Locked thread