Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

prefect posted:

It was Loki messing with him, wasn't it?

Loki said it was Loki messing with him. But then, Loki said that while Pym had him captured, so it could be argued that Loki was just trying to mindfuck Pym (cause that's what he does). I don't think it ever got a straight answer because very shortly Thor showed up to bust Loki out because Thor's dumb like that.

Takezio posted:

But...but does he make it? :ohdear:

(Oh, and nice lazy eye from Zatanna in the second page!)

No one knows yet. Klarion the Witch-Boy is looking into it

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Oct 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

drat, I don't know if it's just because my introduction to Klarion was Seven Soldiers, but it just feels like no one else can write him properly after Morrisson got his greasy fingers on him.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I adore Young Justice and I still cringe when I see David's treatment of Klarion-- bah bah BAH--the Witch Boy.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Anything should be better than his treatment in the Justice League cartoons, right?

I think there was one decent appearance with him in the original Batman animated series (also: Etrigan), but that's it.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

mind the walrus posted:

I adore Young Justice and I still cringe when I see David's treatment of Klarion-- bah bah BAH--the Witch Boy.

Hearing "Klarion the Witch Boy" without the "bum bum BUM" in the middle just sounds wrong to me.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

Robo-Ellis is a sidekick in Wormwood: Gentleman Corpse.

The running joke about him wanting working gentials is funny.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
Was thinking about this last night and realized no one had posted the end of the Metroplex Trypticon fight in Transformers Primacy #3

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

That art conveys scale really well.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
That deserves some sort of award for "Biggest curbstomp in media".

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

robziel posted:

Was thinking about this last night and realized no one had posted the end of the Metroplex Trypticon fight in Transformers Primacy #3

did he just... curb stomp trypticon?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Looks like it.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
I'm sure it's more of a "Building Stomp" but yeah, that's a giant robot curb stomp. The transformers comics have been pretty good lately.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
No-one ever talks about Primacy in the thread, so this completely passed me by.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Phy posted:

No-one ever talks about Primacy in the thread, so this completely passed me by.

It doesn't involve limited edition toy prices or long essays on how "he" really is a gender-neutral pronoun if you actually think about it, so why would they? :v:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Fuego Fish posted:

It doesn't involve limited edition toy prices or long essays on how "he" really is a gender-neutral pronoun if you actually think about it, so why would they? :v:
Because the TF thread regularly talks about the Robots in Disguise and More Than Meets The Eye series?

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
Transformers: Autocracy, Monstrosity and Primacy are all really drat good with great art. I was going to pass on Autocracy when it first started because I'd gotten so burned out on bad transformers comics thanks to the flood of movie tie in crap. But something told me I should give it a shot and drat it all three of them haven't been great stories about the early days of the War of Autobot Aggression. :wink:

Autocracy is set after the events of Megatron Origin but I don't really think it's required reading before jumping in.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Power Girl>Wonder Woman.

Wonder Woman V3 #41?

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.

quote:

Power Girl>Wonder Woman.
The subtext is a bit disquieting.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
drat, knee right to the boob.

Only thing missing is a KRAKOOM or something. PG ain't a lightweight.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Somebody get Pak and Van Lente on it. KRAKABOOB!

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Say Nothing posted:

Power Girl>Wonder Woman.

Wonder Woman V3 #41?

...WW's smiling at the end. That can't be good.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Bloodly posted:

...WW's smiling at the end. That can't be good.

Is PG on Superman's power level, or a notch below it? Because I know WW is just a bit below him. Kara could be about to get her rear end kicked. :ohdear:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

She's part of the Greek pantheon, she's just happy to receive the gift of battle!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

PG is just below Superman as well, in a nebulous ill-defined way. She's either on Wondy's level or just below/above it. Either way Diana knows how to fight and has been trained since she was a little clay girl, so PG is about to get her rear end whupped.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

mind the walrus posted:

PG is just below Superman as well, in a nebulous ill-defined way. She's either on Wondy's level or just below/above it. Either way Diana knows how to fight and has been trained since she was a little clay girl, so PG is about to get her rear end whupped.

Everyone is nebulously below Superman in strength in the DC Universe, weather it be Pre or Post Crisis. I can easily remember different comics which label Wonder Woman, Captain Marvel, Martian Manhunter and Orion as being "number 2 in strength, behind Superman."

In fact (the early 2000's on battle boards) it got to a stage where people tried to create a top ten list of the strongest characters in the DC with Superman at number 1, and about five different people tied for second place.
Around then I joked that the only way that DC would ever settle the issue would be by releasing a top ten list where Superman occupied all ten spots. And that would end it since no one would care who was the 11th strongest character in the DC Universe. Oh how I laughed.

Then afterwards Infinite Crisis came out and we had a Superman running around, alongside an Earth 2 Superman, a Kingdom Come Superman, a Superboy Prime and it started to seem like you would be able to come up with a list of ten Superman's for DC's strength chart.

dandaman
Dec 30, 2005

The Question IRL posted:

Everyone is nebulously below Superman in strength in the DC Universe, weather it be Pre or Post Crisis. I can easily remember different comics which label Wonder Woman, Captain Marvel, Martian Manhunter and Orion as being "number 2 in strength, behind Superman."

In fact (the early 2000's on battle boards) it got to a stage where people tried to create a top ten list of the strongest characters in the DC with Superman at number 1, and about five different people tied for second place.
Around then I joked that the only way that DC would ever settle the issue would be by releasing a top ten list where Superman occupied all ten spots. And that would end it since no one would care who was the 11th strongest character in the DC Universe. Oh how I laughed.

Then afterwards Infinite Crisis came out and we had a Superman running around, alongside an Earth 2 Superman, a Kingdom Come Superman, a Superboy Prime and it started to seem like you would be able to come up with a list of ten Superman's for DC's strength chart.

I could have sworn I read somewhere that Supergirl is supposed to be stronger than him??

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I believe Jeph Loeb claimed that in some "she's been super-exposed to yellow sun rays for her whole life" thing when he reintroduced her.

And I recall a page of Diana kicking Power Girl's butt while criticising her for not learning to actually fight and relying on her Kryptonian powers. Is that from the same issue?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

dandaman posted:

I could have sworn I read somewhere that Supergirl is supposed to be stronger than him??

I think it's usually explained as being that Supergirl doesn't hold her full power back like Superman has taught himself to, so she only seems like she's stronger than him.

tenniseveryone
Feb 8, 2014

THUNDERDOME LOSER
This is how Salem (the wisecracking, talking cat) gets introduced in Chilling Adventures Of Sabrina #1:

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

tenniseveryone posted:

This is how Salem (the wisecracking, talking cat) gets introduced in Chilling Adventures Of Sabrina #1:

Is that in the Afterlife with Archie universe?

tenniseveryone
Feb 8, 2014

THUNDERDOME LOSER

smashpro1 posted:

Is that in the Afterlife with Archie universe?

It's a separate thing, but the first issue does end with Betty and Veronica accidentally raising a succubus...

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

tenniseveryone posted:

It's a separate thing, but the first issue does end with Betty and Veronica accidentally raising a succubus...

Stop trying to get me to read Archie comics.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Sabrina is Rosemary's Baby mixed with some sprinklings of Bava/early Argento style horror. It's good stuff.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Waterhaul posted:

Sabrina is Rosemary's Baby mixed with some sprinklings of Bava/early Argento style horror. It's good stuff.

What did I just say?

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Well it's actually a kick aimed for the floating ribs but a knee to the girls isn't a joke either. :eng101:

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

tenniseveryone posted:

...go on.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Skwirl posted:

What did I just say?

Man up and buy some Archie comics already.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

We'll let you know when #2 comes out.

And yeah, nothing wrong with buying good comics.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

And they flee, terrified for their lives because the succubus is a rotting corpse of a woman dragged from hell to wreak bloody revenge?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Afterlife with Archie was legit good, and didn't go for cheap shocks like the Marvel zombie stuff