Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
That would be badass and you know it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Ben Soosneb posted:

It'd be like Doctor Who Wackey Races. The Master could just rush off to the finish line, but instead at every step of the way he'll set up an elaberate scam for the doctor. Ahaha you thought this planet was messed up because they were left over ood living with reject sontarens, but actually it's me the Master setting up a trap whilst disguised as an ancient greek talking statue.

Nothing the actual show does could be as good as this.

Ben Soosneb
Jun 18, 2009
I'd like to think you could keep that format going for 4-5 years.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Only if Missy gets Muttley.

No, I don't mean "a stand in" I mean import him from Wacky Races. The laugh must happen once an episode.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Jsor posted:

Only if Missy gets Muttley.

No, I don't mean "a stand in" I mean import him from Wacky Races. The laugh must happen once an episode.

Who do you think Seb is?

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
I was thinking more like an evil K9 knockoff.

Ben Soosneb
Jun 18, 2009
SEB will just be a clever acronym. celeStial Editor Boy or something poo poo like that.#

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Seb is obviously the future version of Claras child who has been exposed to the time vortex and has become part time lord.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

Ben Soosneb posted:

SEB will just be a clever acronym. celeStial Editor Boy or something poo poo like that.#

Seb is a Sinister, Evil, Bad-guy.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Snivelling, Emasculated Bastard

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
where are these advanced reviews?

twoot
Oct 29, 2012

here is one http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/doctor-who/32801/doctor-who-series-8-death-in-heaven-spoiler-free-review

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

"And whilst it's arguably not quite the equal of Dark Water, Death In Heaven has lots going for it, and this finale two parter is Doctor Who's best since 2005 as a result. Sorry, Rose."

Seems like nonsense.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
Cool to see Osgood the Science Lady back again. She's the least tediously annoying character that actually has character.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
It will end up being Packer.

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

My money says Seb is Adric, uploaded right after death, kept around to irritate the Doctor. The most evil thing Master has ever done.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
It's been rumored that four named characters are going to be dead for good by the end of the episode. Most are in agreement that Osgood is a goner, and as much as I love her this season, Clara should bite it too.

Also the title sequence has been changed to have Clara's eyes instead of Capaldi's.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I hope The Master sticks around.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

HD DAD posted:

It's been rumored that four named characters are going to be dead for good by the end of the episode. Most are in agreement that Osgood is a goner, and as much as I love her this season, Clara should bite it too.

Also the title sequence has been changed to have Clara's eyes instead of Capaldi's.

Jenny, Strax, Vastra and that doofy police inspector they sometime have visits from.

But they will only be dead because the episode takes place in the present and they are from the past.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Stop getting my hopes up for things that will never happen.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I really hope they don't kill off Kate Stewart, but really...

We only have Clara, Danny, Osgood and Kate.

Who else could die?

head58
Apr 1, 2013

They're supposed to show Amy & Rory's graves (and maybe others as well) do it's probably something "cute" like that.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Burkion posted:

I really hope they don't kill off Kate Stewart, but really...

We only have Clara, Danny, Osgood and Kate.

Who else could die?

Seb, River Song, the people collected in passed episodes.

Amy and Rory have their graves featured, supposedly with Cybermen climbing out.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
When I hear Named Characters, I think the supporting cast or main characters.

Seb does not count, River is dead, and the others are already dead.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Seb's a named character, so there's one. Osgood almost certainly as well.

I keep thinking that they'll shoot for some really easy and kind of low-hanging targets like a Poochie style card coming on screen saying "and this is how we resolved Sarah Jane's fate."

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Actually, the Amy/Rory thing I'm 99% sure has been debunked.

But it's been all but confirmed we will have another cameo that some have either called brilliant or tasteless:

CyberBrig

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

It's my understanding that people have already seen the episode. Someone spill the beans.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

HD DAD posted:

But it's been all but confirmed we will have another cameo that some have either called brilliant or tasteless:

CyberBrig

Ugggh. That could really go either way.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

HD DAD posted:

CyberBrig

If he keeps his memories and emotions and poo poo and it's basically a revival of the character as a Cyberman, gently caress, why not, make him a goddamn companion.

It'd be a good reason to keep the Brig goin- EVERY Doctor gets to meet the Brigadier!

If they turn him into some monster or some bullshit like that and don't do anything with it, gently caress this, gently caress it to hell and back.

The Brigadier would be the *ONE* human on Earth that'd know enough to call bullshit on all of this-he's FOUGHT Cybermen before he knows how they work.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
He's described as having a kind of "punch the air" moment, so I think he's probably able to mentally fight against his cyber-takeover.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Just post the whole synopsis already. This is a babby-free thread.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I wish I could. I'm just basically summarizing the spoiler thread on GB, which is currently filled with people who were at the screening in Cardiff this week giving out hints and tidbits because Moffat begged them not to spoil it. Fuckers (them not you).

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
GB continues to be the worst forum around.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Looking around, I found a review that gives some dialogue teasers from the episode.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/11/doctor-who-death-in-heaven-finale.html

quote:

"Oh go on, crack a smile. I wanna see if your eyebrows fall off"

"The Nethersphere is just a cool name we came up with"

"I thought we were the same. When we grew up we weren't"

"I thought she might be the Master, regenerated into female form?"

"Never trust a hug, it’s just a way to hide your face"

"You left this behind on one of your previous attempts"

"I'm a target of strategic value"

"Well look at me, I'm bananas"

"You are a good Dalek"

"Ask anyone who knows me, I am an incredible liar"

Nothing too spoilery, but some interesting ones. Like who assumed she was the Master? And You are a good Dalek. Who is calling back to that moment?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

thrawn527 posted:

And You are a good Dalek. Who is calling back to that moment?
If they had followed the script and actually killed off Rusty, I would have assumed him.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

thrawn527 posted:

Like who assumed she was the Master?

Maybe Osgood or Kate, showing that they're quicker on the uptake than the Doctor.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Another review mentions that the, "I'm bananas" line is The Master.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
If CyberBrig has been working against the Master this entire time without her knowing, that would be perfect.

I mean hell if ANYONE could predict the Master better than the Doctor, it'd be him. I'm surprised he never got around to just punching out SimmMaster, after all.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
How the gently caress are they going to give CyberBrig any new lines of dialogue?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I really get the feeling that it's just gonna be Kate Stewart getting confronted by the CyberBrig, and just wordlessly does a Thing that blows up cybermen.

• Locked thread