Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

LivesInGrey posted:

Gonna get something tonight to drink as election results come in tomorrow. I like my drinks on the sweet side -- anyone got suggestions? I don't have a preference as to mixed drinks or straight from the bottle.

Whiskey sours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
cherry vodka and diet mt dew.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

drink maker's mark straight from the bottle and eat an entire chocolate cake

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

LivesInGrey posted:

Gonna get something tonight to drink as election results come in tomorrow. I like my drinks on the sweet side -- anyone got suggestions? I don't have a preference as to mixed drinks or straight from the bottle.

stop being a giant pussy about politics

cherry limeade and the shittiest vodka you can find. i called it a slutty shirley temple

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

VendaGoat posted:

Hopefully this isnt a joke post because its actually pretty good, but cherry rum is better.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it
Reading all these sugary drinks gives me a hangover.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Cage posted:

Hopefully this isnt a joke post because its actually pretty good, but cherry rum is better.

Realposting ITT

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

VendaGoat posted:

Oh god I do this, but I do it while alone and have never admitted it to anyone.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Hypnolobster posted:

Oh god I do this, but I do it while alone and have never admitted it to anyone.

dude, it's like a code red. it's delicious

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

JEEVES420 posted:

Reading all these sugary drinks gives me a hangover.

Ughhhh yes.

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe
1pt cruzan
2pts ginger ale
1pt coconut water

stir on ice, water down to taste, top with cherry and mint

You're welcome.

Edit: You will need extra time on the bike if you want gorgeous thighs after drinking a bunch of these just FYI.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!
So let's see 'em. :colbert:

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

EXAKT Science posted:

Whiskey sours.

I think it was this thread that first told me to use egg whites in them, and it completely changed my opinion of the drink. If you mix it right and get it cold enough, little ice crystals form in the froth on top. Without the egg, it's basically just a glass of lemonade.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

I think it was this thread that first told me to use egg whites in them, and it completely changed my opinion of the drink. If you mix it right and get it cold enough, little ice crystals form in the froth on top. Without the egg, it's basically just a glass of lemonade.

Lemon lime Gatorade and whiskey works as a Whisky Sour and you get the benefit of electrolytes.

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe

Splizwarf posted:

So let's see 'em. :colbert:

Go knock out a few thousand miles on the bike and then look at yourself in the mirror. Suddenly gorgeous!

edit: Also eat healthy and be proactive about mental health eg: drink less and execute checklists of things you've been putting off.

MC Hawking has a new favorite as of 19:21 on Nov 5, 2014

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

JEEVES420 posted:

Lemon lime Gatorade and whiskey works as a Whisky Sour and you get the benefit of electrolytes.

Get the gently caress out. gently caress you that's disgusting.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

Drink and Fight posted:

Get the gently caress out. gently caress you that's disgusting.

You think that's disgusting, I once had a not-so-memorable night involving Hawaiian Punch and watermelon-flavored rum. That looked real pretty all over my friend's bathroom floor.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

MC Hawking posted:

Go knock out a few thousand miles on the bike and then look at yourself in the mirror. Suddenly gorgeous!

edit: Also eat healthy and be proactive about mental health eg: drink less and execute checklists of things you've been putting off.

Dude, you are in the wrong thread. We are all about pissing through floorboards to save time in here, not about checklists and exercise bikes.

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe
Yeah I know that's why I don't really post much in here. I've kind of moved on and frankly I have little interest in spending my spare time outside of work doing work by educating you bunch about alcohol.

Only so many ways to go "hey no pants and beer is great amirite guys?" in an effort to ignore lovely mental health before you have to seriously reconsider what it is you're doing with your life.

Or not. Each to their own.

Edit: Those who know me and have followed these threads and the hangouts for some time are aware that I've battled with dangerously high blood pressure for a long time. As I've mentioned before, getting that and my general poo poo together have been a big thing over the last year and a half. Not to be glib, but not being an alcoholic sad sack is a big part of that. Which seems to ultimately be what "bachelor" seems to boil down to more often than not.

MC Hawking has a new favorite as of 00:50 on Nov 6, 2014

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

MC Hawking posted:

Yeah I know that's why I don't really post much in here. I've kind of moved on and frankly I have little interest in spending my spare time outside of work doing work by educating you bunch about alcohol.

Only so many ways to go "hey no pants and beer is great amirite guys?" in an effort to ignore lovely mental health before you have to seriously reconsider what it is you're doing with your life.

You still haven't fulfilled the original request of showing your thighs.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I have the house to myself for a week this month and a week off next month for my birthday. Gonna party every night!

Except I have, like, two friends.
And they are very busy people.
I want to make huge amounts of steak and drink and yell so I guess I will do it alone.

This week I'm making apple pie liquor and some sorta borscht/beef stew hybrid. Shits gonna pop dat pussy.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

MC Hawking posted:

Edit: Those who know me and have followed these threads and the hangouts for some time are aware that I've battled with dangerously high blood pressure for a long time. As I've mentioned before, getting that and my general poo poo together have been a big thing over the last year and a half. Not to be glib, but not being an alcoholic sad sack is a big part of that. Which seems to ultimately be what "bachelor" seems to boil down to more often than not.

Seriously though, good for you, man. I'm in the same boat myself. Things change, people change, etc. If I'm ever in Austin, we'll have to grab a beer or something.

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe
Thanks dude :) It has been an interesting year or so, that's for drat sure. There are a few wonderful people from the bachelor poo poo threads who have really helped and supported me through some tough stuff, so I can't exactly say it hasn't been without its perks.

I still maintain that chili needs beans and showerbeers are cool. But that's not something which I want to define my entire personality on anymore. :beerpal:

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Nobody stays a disgusting bachelor forever, but much like herpes, it can never truly go away 100%, you carry it with you the rest of your life.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Show us your loving thighs already

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

1redflag posted:

Dude, you are in the wrong thread. We are all about pissing through floorboards to save time in here, not about checklists and exercise bikes.

Don't tar us all with the same lovely, pissy, unwashed, cum-stained brush, thanks.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007

1redflag posted:

You have incorrectly assessed the point of this thread and the previous bachelor megathreads.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

The floorpissing story made me laugh harder than anything I've ever read on SA for some dumb reason, and I won't hear another bad word about it.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Splizwarf posted:

You have incorrectly assessed the point of this thread and the previous bachelor megathreads.

There's a point? Maybe you've missed the point. Being a bachelor is about doing what you want, when you want, because you enjoy it and you don't give a drat whether other people like it. If you want to cum in a vase, go for it. If you want to drink until you pass out, more power to you. If you want to exercise and get in shape, awesome.

What being a bachelor is not about is being an upright prick who thinks he knows better than another stranger on the internet who he's never met before. And yes, I see the irony in my post.

Straker
Nov 10, 2005
bachelor is: sharing a fun 3br apartment in a fun part of town, when your bedroom is like 9'x10' yet has a king bed and 50" wall-mounted tv, and you have tons of booze and a dragon hoard of thousands of dollars worth of drugs, cool pets and cool roommates, and a bunch of members of the opposite sex that will come over at the drop of a hat, and multiple cool jobs that don't involve wearing nice clothes or moving around (leaving the apartment) if you don't feel like it

what can be better than that, unless you're old and decrepit and can't drink any more and need to play golf with racist old people?

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007

1redflag posted:

There's a point? Maybe you've missed the point. Being a bachelor is about doing what you want, when you want, because you enjoy it and you don't give a drat whether other people like it. If you want to cum in a vase, go for it. If you want to drink until you pass out, more power to you. If you want to exercise and get in shape, awesome.

What being a bachelor is not about is being an upright prick who thinks he knows better than another stranger on the internet who he's never met before. And yes, I see the irony in my post.

What I was trying to say is what's been said pretty much every time someone rolls in here to tell us how incredibly disgusting their whatever is, and how they've rationalized it as okay 'because bachelor, amirite guys? :razz:': living the bachelor life is not the same as being a horrible shitbird slob that nobody would ever be seen with in public, much less go home with.

Stories like cumvase and taintboil are hilarious weird poo poo that passes through this thread for us to point and laugh at. They're not the way we actually behave. I think we laughed holepisser all the way off SA.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Straker posted:

bachelor is: sharing a fun 3br apartment in a fun part of town, when your bedroom is like 9'x10' yet has a king bed and 50" wall-mounted tv, and you have tons of booze and a dragon hoard of thousands of dollars worth of drugs, cool pets and cool roommates, and a bunch of members of the opposite sex that will come over at the drop of a hat, and multiple cool jobs that don't involve wearing nice clothes or moving around (leaving the apartment) if you don't feel like it

what can be better than that, unless you're old and decrepit and can't drink any more and need to play golf with racist old people?

Thats entirely the opposite of what 140 pages and 5(?) revisions of this thread have indicated.

Crack
Apr 10, 2009
What are bachelor meals? I ask here because I've been eating basically takeaways and pasta (and stealing housemates leftovers) for the last month and the fridge is small and 1/2 filled with beer, between 4 of us living here thats not a lot of space left for food. And GWS intimidates me.

So as a poster in this thread what do you eat on a daily basis? preferably without hours of supervision or stir every 5 minutes for half an hour poo poo.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Crack posted:

What are bachelor meals? I ask here because I've been eating basically takeaways and pasta (and stealing housemates leftovers) for the last month and the fridge is small and 1/2 filled with beer, between 4 of us living here thats not a lot of space left for food. And GWS intimidates me.

So as a poster in this thread what do you eat on a daily basis? preferably without hours of supervision or stir every 5 minutes for half an hour poo poo.

The general go-to bachelor meal is to make a pot of chili and live off of it for a week.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Stews are pretty bachelor.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Coffee And Pie posted:

The general go-to bachelor meal is to make a pot of chili and live off of it for a week.

Ah, fond memories of last week

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
Put a bunch of chicken breasts in a crock pot. Add salsa until it covers the chicken. Cook til the chicken shreds easily (ie set it and walk away for a couple hours/a workday). Shred all the chicken. Eat it for days and look like this: :smugbert:

Also add any vegetable or beans to make it more rad. Serve over brown rice, because that poo poo is good and good for you.

Here's how to make good not-sticky rice and not burn the gently caress out of the bottom layer of rice. Put a colander in a big bowl. Put your dry rice in the colander. Run cold water over the rice for several minutes while you agitate it with your hand; you are rinsing off the surface starch (if you want sticky rice, don't rinse it). You put the colander in a bowl so the rice that makes it out of the holes doesn't go down your drain (more than a very little dry rice down the drain is Very Bad for your pipes).

Drain the colander and dump the rice into a bigass pot. Put a shitload more water in the pot than the traditional 1:2 rice:water recipe calls for, probably more like 1:4 rice:water. This is so it never boils dry (and burns). Pretend you are cooking pasta. Boil the rice until you bite a piece and the texture is the way you like it. Pour it all out into the colander; no need for the bowl anymore because this is now cooked plump rice.

This is the magic: turn off the burner and immediately pour the rice out of the colander and into the pot again. Slam the pot lid on and let it sit for a full five minutes. Fluff and serve. The rice and the pot have enough residual heat to keep the rice cooking and absorbing most of the remaining moisture. Personal taste will dictate how long you let it drain in the colander before it goes back in the pot, and how long it stays in the covered pot to finish.

I used to hate cooking rice.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Splizwarf posted:

Put a bunch of chicken breasts in a crock pot. Add salsa until it covers the chicken. Cook til the chicken shreds easily (ie set it and walk away for a couple hours/a workday). Shred all the chicken. Eat it for days and look like this: :smugbert:

Also add any vegetable or beans to make it more rad. Serve over brown rice, because that poo poo is good and good for you.

Here's how to make good not-sticky rice and not burn the gently caress out of the bottom layer of rice. Put a colander in a big bowl. Put your dry rice in the colander. Run cold water over the rice for several minutes while you agitate it with your hand; you are rinsing off the surface starch (if you want sticky rice, don't rinse it). You put the colander in a bowl so the rice that makes it out of the holes doesn't go down your drain (more than a very little dry rice down the drain is Very Bad for your pipes).

Drain the colander and dump the rice into a bigass pot. Put a shitload more water in the pot than the traditional 1:2 rice:water recipe calls for, probably more like 1:4 rice:water. This is so it never boils dry (and burns). Pretend you are cooking pasta. Boil the rice until you bite a piece and the texture is the way you like it. Pour it all out into the colander; no need for the bowl anymore because this is now cooked plump rice.

This is the magic: turn off the burner and immediately pour the rice out of the colander and into the pot again. Slam the pot lid on and let it sit for a full five minutes. Fluff and serve. The rice and the pot have enough residual heat to keep the rice cooking and absorbing most of the remaining moisture. Personal taste will dictate how long you let it drain in the colander before it goes back in the pot, and how long it stays in the covered pot to finish.

I used to hate cooking rice.
or you could just buy a rice cooker

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

You don't need to do that with brown rice — just 1:2 rice:water works a treat. To improve brown rice, the following:

A glug or two of oil in the pan, LOTS of turmeric, heat it up until the turmeric just starts to sizzle. Chuck in the rice, mix it around until it's coated nice and yellow. Let it heat up nicely before dumping the water in. Bring to boil, then stick a lid on and put it on your smallest ring on its lowest setting.

Leave for forty minutes.

Shovel into face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
Some people can do 1:2 and not burn it, more power to them. A lot of people can't; they are who this alternative is for. The point isn't about special treatment for brown rice or anything, it's "Here's A Pretty Idiot-proof Way To Make Rice That Won't Burn" (unless you try really hard).

• Locked thread