Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

Bauxite posted:

One time I spent 3 hours straight trying to do 10 man 3 elder freya with my guild. I get PTSD from lashers now.

And the worst part about the three pack is that the elemental has like half the health of the other two. He dies if a stiff breeze hits him.

Yeah we basically had to assign a rogue and feral druid to keep the thing on lockdown while we killed the other two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
Dear Frostshock,

Please make it so officers can deposit in any tab.

thanks in advance,
Tannerschan

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Dear Frostshock,

Please reinstate SHISHKABOB to his original officer position.

thanks in advance,
SHISHKABOB

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

SHISHKABOB posted:

Dear Frostshock,

Please reinstate SHISHKABOB to his original officer position.

thanks in advance,
SHISHKABOB

do not do this

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
yeah cdause i did so many bad things like hit the ginvite button on people :jerkbag:

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009

Tanners posted:

Dear Frostshock,

Please make it so officers can deposit in any tab.

thanks in advance,
Tannerschan

Sorry, just realized that. Neckbeards have all open again. Should I add it for illuminautists as well?

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Suran37 posted:

Sorry, just realized that. Neckbeards have all open again. Should I add it for illuminautists as well?

Yeah thats fine.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'll be back to raid this Monday :) y'all gunna have some fixins

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
Since I can't update the old thread strategies, here's a rundown on some things I've noticed that may or may not be working as the dev's intended that are different from retail on the Ulduar bosses. I'll also include updates to our progress and strategies (if any) in this list.

Flame Leviathan:
- Range on any cannonball type weapons (Pyrite barrels, Gunner cannonballs) seem to be much less than what the targeting reticle would indicate. Generally anything beyond about 40 yards will not hit, but will still expend ammo. Gunner anti-air rockets still have a decently long range though.
- Flame Leviathan's hitbox seems to be centered on his front arc. I've had the most success hitting him by aiming at his front tires or the ground around them. Aiming at his back will usually not cause any damage.
- Sometimes Siege Engines are able to interrupt Flame Vents, other times they cannot. :iiam:
- Cannons and pyrite attacking Flame Leviathan also tend to hit his turret. This makes it possible to cause a Systems Overload without firing a player onto Flame Leviathan.
- We've had Flame Leviathan get evade-bugged at least once when the player he was chasing got backed completely into a corner. Flame Leviathan was then stuck in that corner until we somehow reset the encounter. I don't remember how.
- Sometimes there are extra vehicles at Flame Leviathan's arena. Other times there are not. This makes it possible to run extra demolishers. I suggest running just enough to take advantage of the pyrite (generally more than 4 is too many).

Our Progress:
We basically have 2 towers on farm for 10 man. We've done 3 towers a couple times as well. I don't think we've done more than 1 tower on 25 man.

Strategy Updates:
Not much. Being able to cause System Overloads should make it much easier to complete the 4 towers version of the encounter. We've done 3 towers in 10 man, but we also relied on having more than 2 demolishers at a time to do it.

XT-002 Deconstructor
- Pummeler adds seem to get stuck under the ground if they are tanked near the stairs.
- We've had problems with players also falling underground if they use charge near the stairs.
- Sometimes bomb and scrapbots will spawn and then just stand around.
- Apparently if you do enough damage to the final heart phase (at 25%) to bring XT from 25% to 0 he will die but not give any loot. We haven't personally been able to accomplish this anyway, but it's a good way to frighten pugs.

Our Progress:
XT's normal mode is on farm for us. I haven't really seen any evidence that we come too close to doing enough damage to break the heart and start hard mode quite yet.

Ignis the Furnace Master
- Constructs will not always turn molten at 10 stacks. Sometimes they'll turn molten early, other times you can get them to like 15 stacks before they turn. Always use the most recent scorch patch for this reason.
- Constructs hit hard enough that one loose in the raid will basically two-shot any healer.
- Sometimes players caught in the slag pot will be dropped out. They'll still take the damage for the duration, but they'll be able to move back and continue whatever job they were doing. If this happens to a construct tank; however, any taunts will only last for the duration of the taunt effect, the player will then lose aggro until the slag pot debuff wears off.

Our Progress:
Ignis is a very RNG-heavy fight, and we've had some bad luck in the past weeks. The strategy below should hopefully help.

Strategy Updates:
We had a pug paladin (Susi) show us that tanking Ignis on just one side of the room is much easier for healers. Previously, tanking Ignis would move him clockwise to four main positions, each to the left or right of either pool of water. The new strategy we will use is to move Ignis on a line in 3 positions in front of only one of the pools. This keeps the MT and the construct tanks on the same side of the room, so the construct tank is always within range of the healers (something that was an issue previously). It should also make it easier for any ranged to destroy Brittle Constructs. Melee will need to adjust as the placement of Scorches will make it more difficult to not get burned.

Razorscale
- Each add wave has a random amount of Sentinels or Dwarves. We've had waves that are all dwarves (resulting in about a dozen mobs spawning), and waves that were 4 sentinels. The dps needs to adjust to these possible combinations and stay the hell away from Sentinels.
- Sentinels can be kited pretty easily by tanks if they are not worried about threat. Two sentinels whirlwinding WILL kill a tank.

Our Progress:
Another fight that is very RNG-dependent; though we've shown a lot of progress in getting it to farm status in the past few weeks. The times we've killed it on 25 man have been one-shots.

Strategy Updates:
The tendency for multiple Sentinels has required us to figure out how best to focus them down one at a time. For this reason, we always focus down Sentinels from Right to Left. So the right-most spawning Sentinel will always die first.

The Assembly of Iron
- On phase 3, Stormcaller Brundir has sometimes used his Lightning Whirl immediately after finishing Lightning Tendrils. Sometimes he'll still be floating in mid-air while whirling. This will wipe the raid if not interrupted immediately.
- Runemaster Molgeim's Shield of Runes will grant him the 100% damage buff if the Shield is removed in anyway. It doesn't matter if the Shield is destroyed by damage, dispelled, or spell-stolen. He gets the buff regardless. On phase 1 in 10 man, the person tanking both the Runemaster and Stormcaller must be careful to do enough damage to Runemaster to keep threat, but not so much that they destroy the Shield.
- The increased hp of the bosses makes it extremely important to get dps onto a blue rune in phase 1 as soon as possible. The raid and tanks should be prepared to adjust position in the room if the rune is spawned under a boss other than Steelbreaker.

Our Progress:
We should have this on farm, but we seem to have bad luck here and there. Most of the healers should be focused on the tanks, especially during phase 1, as the damage to the raid during this phase is limited to chain lightnings and Steelbreakers static AE damage. Raid members also need to worry more about spreading out during phase 2 than all trying to dog-pile onto blue runes.

Kologarn
- A Stone Grip followed immediately by the Left Arm's swipe is very dangerous unless healers are on the ball in keeping gripped raid members topped off.
- Bringing Kologarn to 0 hp by killing an arm is supposed to bug him out, so if he is at less than 15% hit points, the raid must focus the torso to kill him.

Our Progress:
We seem to be getting him down pretty consistently from week to week, even if it takes us a few attempts. From what I've heard, Kologarn is the stopping point for many pugs, so getting past him is a good accomplishment if we're running 40% pug.

Strategy Updates:
Disc priests shields are amazing for reducing the Left Arm swipe damage. Dps should pay attention to the raid leader after the third Right arm destruction to find out what the next focus target should be. If Kologarn is at above 15% hp and around 20%, the raid should probably focus the Left Arm next. If Kologarn is at 15% or lower health, the dps must focus the body for the remainder of the fight. Anybody Stone Gripped after this point will most likely end up dying.

Auriaya
- The Sanctum Sentries do not tend to pounce at the pull, making pulling the encounter much easier than on retail. Raid members should still stack up because I have seen them pounce during the first portion of the fight.
- The Feral Defender is extremely dangerous to cloth-wearers and will basically two-shot any of them. Having a tank available to taunt/stun him constantly is helpful.
- If Auriaya is pulled far away (50+ yards) from the Feral Defender after it has been slain, it will not rejoin the fight unless somebody wanders too close.

Our Progress:
Since we figured out the last note, Auriaya has been pretty much no problem.

Strategy Updates:
After the Feral Defender is slain, the MT should immediately drag Auriaya to a position far enough away that nobody will be feared into the cat's aggro radius. A corner is also a good choice, so that feared players will often walk into a wall and it is easier to stay stacked up. Using Fear Ward + Mass Dispel to remove fear is great too.

Hodir
- I haven't really noticed bugs for this fight. Maybe the NPC priest is healing a lot more than I remember from retail because the raid receives some massive heals during Frozen Blows sometimes (like the entire 25 man raid goes from less than 40% to full instantly).

Our Progress:
I feel like we've had this on farm since the first night we reached him.

Thorim
- Having Skup Misdirect the second gauntlet miniboss onto Hotpockets seemed to anger Thorim enough to wipe the raid. Letting the gauntlet group progress at a steady pace seemed to work fine on the following attempt, though.
- Adds do not seem to continuously spawn in the gauntlet after the first miniboss is slain.
- Healers were noting that Thorim did not seem to be doing many Chain Lightnings during phase 2. The damage on the tanks was enough; however, to run all three healers pretty much OOM by the end of the fight. Players should still spread out during phase 2.

Our Progress:
We've got him down once on 10 man. Haven't had enough time to try him in 25 man yet.

Strategy Updates:
If the arena group is surviving well, allowing the gauntlet group to progress at a steady pace seems to be preferable to them trying to go balls to the wall. Healers should use their mana cooldowns early and effectively if they think they will be available again during phase 2.

the.pope
Jun 1, 2005
Is that settings not being saved until you delete that folder still happening? I have a work friend who wants to play, and I want to give him a heads up on that issue if it's still going on.

Also could we put the addon link in the OP? http://www.dalaran-wow.com/forums/community/ui-customization/topic/533/wow-3-3-5-addons-compendium

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
It happened to me when I downloaded the client again like uh a month ago or so. I don't remember when that was exactly but yeah probsably.

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

If you have a fresh client, delete the "Config" files from both the main folder and the WTF folder. This will allow your client to save settings in between sessions.

This was in the old thread and really should go in the OP.

Also, I was joking when I said my character would be a magic girl anime but -

Get out of the way, you buggy rear end in a top hat!

Yeah, definitely anime wizard. The red dots are actually a headpiece - they're little red crystals that rotate around the head. :3: Outland gear started off as a clown suit, but ended up being kinda cool.

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
I can confirm that it is still happening, bit of a pain but some forum searching found the answer.

Sjonnar
Oct 22, 2011
Ah, what the hell, i'm down for this.

I'll be on as Sjonnar or maybe Haldr at completely random and retarded times because deployment.

Let's see if i still got what it takes.

unclenutzzy
Jun 6, 2007
Trying to out together a naxx 10 group tonight between 730-8pm EST. Need everything, if you're interested please post here so I know how many I gotta pick up tonight. Or send anyone tagged <Khanate> a tell and we'll grab you. I'd rather fill out with goons before I have to get randoms.

the.pope
Jun 1, 2005
We are going to being doing Ulduar tonight. You might be able to pick up some goons if we can't fill a 25 man.

unclenutzzy posted:

Trying to out together a naxx 10 group tonight between 730-8pm EST. Need everything, if you're interested please post here so I know how many I gotta pick up tonight. Or send anyone tagged <Khanate> a tell and we'll grab you. I'd rather fill out with goons before I have to get randoms.

Phraggah
Nov 11, 2011

A rocket fuel made of Doritos? Yeah, I could kind of see it.
So uh, I'd gather from the screenshots goons are horde only?

How active is this server anyway? As in, how hard is it to find low level groups? Is it as populated as Emerald Dream?

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Phraggah posted:

So uh, I'd gather from the screenshots goons are horde only?

How active is this server anyway? As in, how hard is it to find low level groups? Is it as populated as Emerald Dream?

The level 80 population is pretty good, it feels like it's around the same as ED's level 60 population, or maybe better. Or it might just seem better because Dalaran is so much smaller than Ironforge :v:

Low level groups might be a bit tough to find, but it's not a 0% chance. I see people advertising for low level dungeon groups in world chat every so often.

And yeah the guild is horde, there may be goons somewhere in the alliance but if they are we don't know them. Unfortunately servers like this never get enough folks playing on them to let us feel ok about splitting between factions, and so we'd rather encourage the opposite.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
25 man Thorim and Freya both two-shot tonight. We also reached phase 4 on Mimiron on our first attempt, but it was getting late so we called the raid.

Nice job tonight everybody. Please watch videos for Mimiron. I guess its time to do the Yogg guide.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Get away from the loving clouds

This will be the first half hour of your raid at least.

high six
Feb 6, 2010

Phraggah posted:

Finding low level groups isn't hard because you have a guild full of helpful people who will run you through anything!

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Yeah, the people in the guild are incredibly nice.

I've gotten a few whispers looking for a healer while I'm leveling, so there are dungeons being done, it would probably be best if you were something more in demand, however.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
Yogg-Saron

Trash:

I think there's a few Faceless Ones meandering around between General Vezax and Yogg's room. Kill them or something, I dunno.

Videos:
British guy video. Good explanation of abilities, but it goes pretty fast: http://www.wowwiki.com/File:High_Quality_Yogg-Saron_%28incl._Commentary%29_%284_streaming_cameras%29
Tankspot part 1 (Covers phases 1 & 2, maybe a better explanation of phase 1 strategies and the "Why?" behind them): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZEJA52NrgI
Tankspot part 2 (Covers phase 3): [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSen3LmoR_w[url]
Tankspot 10 man (better explanation of phase 2 and how to do the portals to Yogg's brain dps should absolutely watch the portal sections from this, starts at 3:30): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFyaloBG7SI

Gimmick:
Phase 1: Kill Sara by making adds blow up on her. Avoid the clouds.
Phase 2: Stick together. Kill tentacles. Don't go insane.
Phase 3: Kill adds. Don't go insane.

Abilities:

The Watchers:
Each Watcher present increases player size and damage by 10%. They each also provide a significant buff and ability during the encounter.
Mimiron: Increases player movement speed by 20%. Also uses Destabilization Matrix to reduce attack and casting speed of Yogg's tentacles.
Freya: Increases healing received by players by 20%. Also conjures Sanity Wells around the room that players may stand in to restore their sanity.
Thorim: Increases player total health by 20%. Also uses Titanic Storm to destroy any Immortal Guardians that have been brought to 1% health in phase 3.
Hodir: Reduces damage players take by 20%. Also uses Hodir's Protective Gaze to Frost Block anybody who would otherwise be about to die.

Phase 1:
Sara:
Sara's Fervor: Increases a target's damage done by 20% but also increases the damage they take by 100% for 15 seconds.
Sara's Blessing: Immediately heals a target for 30k but applies a dot that will do 60k damage over 20 seconds.
Sara's Anger: Inflicts 12k damage every 3 seconds to the target but also increases they physical damage they do.

Edit: These are all buffs she places on players throughout phase 1.

Guardians of Yogg-Saron
Shadow Nova: When killed, they explode for 25k shadow damage. This will damage players, Sara, and other Guardians.
Dark Volley: Does about 10k shadow damage to the entire raid and reduces healing received by 25%.

Phase 2:
Crusher Tentacles:
Diminish Power: A channeled ability reducing damage done by players by 20%. Stacks up to 4 times if 4 crusher tentacles are alive. Melee strikes will interrupt the channel.
Focused Anger: A stacking buff increasing the tentacle's damage and attack speed by 3% per stack. Stacks up to 99 times. Lasts 1 second, but gains a stack every time it is hit by melee or a spell.

Corruptor Tentacles (all of the following abilities are dispellable by the appropriate type of cleanse ability):
Curse of Doom: Inflicts 20k damage after 12 seconds. Counts as a curse for dispelling.
Apathy: Reduces attack, movement, and casting speed by 60% for 20 seconds. Counts as a magic debuff for dispelling.
Black Plague: A 24 second debuff which will periodically stun the recipient for 2 seconds. Counts as a disease for dispelling.
Draining Poison: An 18 second debuff which causes 3500 nature damage and drains 1400 mana every 3 seconds. Counts as a poison for dispelling.

Constrictor Tentacles:
Squeeze: Grabs a nearby target and inflicts 7.5k damage per second until the tentacle is destroyed.

Sara:
Psychosis: Cast constantly on random raid members: Inflicts 5k shadow damage and a loss of 12 Sanity.
Brain Link: Cast on two random raid members. A beam appears connecting the two players. If the players are more than 20 yards apart, they will take 3k damage and a loss of 2 sanity every second.
Malady of the Mind: Cast on a random raid member. For 4 seconds the target will be feared and take 5k damage and lose 3 sanity. If any players are within 10 yards after the debuff expires, it will jump to another target, ad nauseum.
Death Ray: Bright green slow-moving lasers fired by Sara. Anybody walking through them will basically be one-shot.

Laughing Skull:
Lunatic Gaze: Causes about 2k damage and a loss of 2 Sanity for every second that a character looks at them.

Influence Tentacle:
Grim Reprisal: Attacks done to the Influence Tentacle will reflect back 60% of the damage to the attacker.

Brain of Yogg-Saron:
Induce Madness: A 60 second cast begun when Yogg-Saron opens portals to the brain room. After the spell finishes casting, any players remaining in the brain room will lose all sanity and be driven insane.

Phase 3:
Yogg-Saron:
Lunatic Gaze: Inflicts 6k damage and a loss of 4 sanity per second to any characters facing Yogg-Saron while he uses this ability.
Empowering Shadows: Cast on a random Immortal Guardian, causing any other guardians (or Yogg himself) within 20 yards to regenerate 750k hp over 20 seconds.
Extinguish All Life: Wipes the raid. Cast if the encounter exceeds 15 minutes.

Immortal Guardians:
Drain Life: Drains 3k health per second from a random player for 5 seconds. Heals the Guardian for 10 times the damage drained.
Empowered: A buff the Immortal Guardians spawn with increasing the damage they do by 180% per stack. Guardians begin with 9 stacks and lose a stack for every 10% of hp they lose.
Shadow Beacon: The Immortal Guardian becomes a beacon for Yogg-Saron's Empowering Shadows and will receive the buff within 10 seconds.
Immortal: The Immortal Guardians cannot be reduced by 1% hit points and can only be slain by Thorim after they are reduced to 1% hit points.

Strategy:
So the fight starts when the raid enters Yogg-Saron's room to approach Sara. The fight is separated into 3 distinct phases. Before the fight begins the raid can speak with the Keepers (Hodir, Thorim, Freya, and Mimiron) and ask for their help in defeating Yogg. Each Keeper provides a distinct buff and will also periodically cast certain abilities throughout the fight. These are detailed above.

Phase 1

Phase 1 is characterized by about a half dozen clouds of green smoke that will move in concentric circles around the room. If a player touches one of these clouds, a Guardian of Yogg-Saron will be spawned. Usually, spawning extra Guardians is very bad and should only be done if the raid leader wishes to speed up phase 1. Guardians of Yogg-Saron will also automatically spawn at increasing intervals. Beginning at about one every 40 seconds or so but they can eventually spawn every 15 seconds if phase 1 is not completed quickly enough.

Phase 1 is completed when Sara is brought down to 0 hit points. She is immune to any attacks or spells from the raid, but can be damaged by the Shadow Nova explosions that occur when a Guardian of Yogg-Saron is killed. For this reason, 8 Guardians must be killed next to Sara before phase 1 can end.

Two methods exist to accomplish this feat. One is the standard method, where Guardians are tanked on top of Sara for the full duration. The entire raid must dodge clouds to avoid additional spawns when using this method. In addition, melee will need to run away for the last portion of the guardians health to avoid the explosion damage if they do not have enough health to survive it. I've used this method in the 10 man version of the encounter, but I have heard it is not so effective in the 25 man. This leads to the second method:

The Ferry Method
In 25 man raids, this method is often used because it allows a majority of the raid to be out of the range of the clouds, making it so only a select few players need to avoid them. A tank picks up the guardians that spawn and drags them to the rest of the raid where it is dps'd. Once reduced to about 25% health, the guardian is dragged close enough so that another tank standing near Sara can taunt the guardian. A small group of ranged players and a healer will then finish killing the guardian. This means that only the ferrying tanks, the center tank, and the small group of dps will need to avoid the clouds, instead of the entire raid.

Damage is mostly centered on the tanks during phase 1, however the Guardians do periodically use shadow bolt volleys that will damage the entire raid. Anybody caught in the shadow nova explosions will also obviously take damage. Avoiding the clouds is key to prevent the raid and healers from becoming overwhelmed.

When Sara is reduced to 0 hit points phase 2 begins and any remaining Guardians should be quickly killed to prepare.

Phase 2

Phase 2 introduces the Sanity mechanic. Each player receives 100 stacks of a buff labeled "Sanity". Yogg-Saron and Sara each have many abilities that reduce Sanity. If a player's Sanity drops to 0, they will immediately be Mind-Controlled by Yogg and will need to be killed by the raid immediately. This mind-control persists through death, so a battle res is ineffective for bringing back such a player. Managing your sanity is key for the rest of the fight (including phase 3). Freya provides green sanity wells located on the edges of the room that players may stand in to restore missing sanity.

Yogg-Saron will emerge from the ground under Sara when phase 2 begins. He will also begin spawning three different types of Tentacles in the room. Crusher tentacles are enormous tentacles that channel a spell (Diminish Power) that reduces the entire raid's damage by 20%. Corrupter tentacles will spam dispellable debuffs on the raid. Constrictor tentacles will grab a random player and hold them until they are destroyed.

The crusher tentacle will only stop channeling the damage reduction debuff when it is struck by a melee attack. A tank should be interrupting this channel whenever possible. The tank must also be careful because every time the Crusher is struck by a melee attack or a spell it gains a stacking buff increasing the damage it deals by 3% per stack. Ranged should focus the Crusher tentacles, but should periodically stop dps long enough for this stacking buff to fall off so the tank can interrupt Diminish Power. Crusher tentacles must be killed ASAP because having two up at the same time can result in the raids damage output being reduced by 40%.

Melee should focus on killing and interrupting the Corrupter tentacles. In addition anybody that can dispel their debuffs should do so. The Constrictor tentacles can mostly be ignored until they grab someone, at which point all dps should swap to kill the tentacle.

Players staying out of the portals to Yogg-Saron's brain (more on that in a second) must be careful to stick together. The raid should be moving as one around the room killing the tentacles. Generally, the raid will be focused around the Crusher tentacles. Corrupter tentacles on the opposite side of the room are an annoyance, but it is not usually worth sending a lone person over to kill them. Sticking together makes it easier for the raid to free players grabbed by Constrictors. It also makes it easier for two players afflicted by Brain Link to stay nearby to avoid the loss of Sanity.

The downside to moving as one group is the ability that Yogg uses called Malady of the Mind. A random player will be feared for 4 seconds. After the 4 seconds expire, a target within 10 yards of that person will also be feared. This continues until no targets are within 10 yards. All players must pay attention and watch for any feared players and move away from them.

The most important aspect to phase 2 is having quick and efficient access to Yogg-Saron's brain. About every 80 seconds, Yogg-Saron will open portals into his Mind's Eye and begin casting Induce Madness. 4 portals to the Mind's Eye are opened in 10 man and 10 are opened in 25 man. Players should be assigned to a portal before the encounter begins. When facing from the entrance of the room, portals are spawned as follows; three on Yogg's Left, Right, and Back and one at his front. On 10 man they will spawn in each cardinal direction around Yogg.

A player should enter a portal from their assigned side. They will then be teleported into a circular room with several Influence Tentacles that will be disguised as NPCs. Each of these Influence Tentacles must be slain to open the door to Yogg-Saron's brain. To efficiently accomplish this, players should immediately run to whichever side of the room corresponds to the location of the portal the entered and start with tentacles in that area. (For example, if I am assigned to enter a left-side portal, I will move to the left side of the room to kill tentacles. Players assigned to the back portals will run to the opposite side of the room to kill tentacles.) Inside this room, there will also be several purple laughing skulls. If a character is facing these skulls, they will take damage and lose sanity. To avoid this, players must carefully face their character away from the skulls. Please watch the 10 man video above for an example of what happens inside the portals. Generally, melee are better suited to go inside portals and ranged are preferred to remain outside. Sending one healer into the brain room can also be helpful.

Once all the Influence Tentacles are slain, the door to Yogg-Saron's brain will open. The door will be located at the spawn-in spot where players teleported into the room. The players should immediately run into the brain room and do as much dps as possible to the brain. If a shaman is available to go through the portals, bloodlust should be used as soon as players reach the brain. In addition, as soon as all the influence tentacles are slain, all tentacles located outside of the portals (crushers, corrupters, constrictors) will all be stunned for the remainder of that portal phase. Dps remaining outside should work as hard as possible to mop up these remaining tentacles.

Yogg-Saron will begin casting Induce Madness as soon as he opens the portals and the spell will finish casting after 60 seconds. If ANY players are remaining in the brain room or the Mind's Eye when he finishes casting this spell, they will immediately lose all Sanity and become Mind-Controlled. At about 5 seconds left in the cast time, players must stop dps on the brain and take the portal near the brain to exit the room and rejoin the rest of the raid. These players should then immediately restore their sanity at a Sanity well if needed, then rejoin the raid in dpsing tentacles. The next portal phase will begin about 20 seconds after Induce Madness finishes casting. Any stunned tentacles will also be un-stunned when the spell is finished casting.

It is essential that the raid stick together and people not get stuck on the wrong side of the room. Players should only separate from the raid if they are preparing to enter Yogg's Portals. Dps must also effectively kill the tentacles to avoid getting overrun. Having more than one Crusher tentacle up can be disastrous and they must be killed quickly. A quick and efficient portal team also means that dps outside will have more time to dps stunned tentacles.

Phase 3 begins when the brain is reduced to 30% hit points. This should take no more than 3 portal phases. Please note that all tentacles will remain alive in the phase transition, so if the brain team can afford to give the outside team more time to kill a crusher tentacle they should do so.

Phase 3

When phase 3 begins, the barrier protecting Yogg-Saron is removed and players may damage him from outside the portals. All crusher tentacles MUST be killed ASAP. A few corrupter tentacles remaining alive is survivable as long as their debuffs are dispelled. It is usually not worth devoting the dps to destroy them at this point unless there is a lot of them.

Yogg-Saron will begin spawning Immortal Guardians. These adds will hit tanks very hard at first, but their damage decreases as they lose health. Yogg will periodically target one to receive a shadow beacon. Any guardian that receives this beacon will heal all other guardians (and Yogg) that are within 20 yards. For this reason, any beaconed Guardians MUST be immediately taunted and dragged away from the group. Wowwiki indicates that more than one Guardian can receive the beacon. Any guardians reduced to 0 hit points will not automatically be slain and can still receive healing from beaconed guardians. As long as Thorim is active, he will periodically slay all Guardians at 0-1% hit points. Wound poison and mortal strike (or any other healing reduction abilities) should be used to keep the healing Guardians receive to a minimum.

Honestly, dealing with the beacon is something I don't remember clearly from retail, so I may have to defer to someone else on the best method to handle this phase. Tankspot suggests tanking the Guardians away from Yogg. Wowwiki says to tank them on top of Yogg to maximize cleave damage on Yogg.

In general, Melee should be on the Guardians and Ranged should be focused on Yogg, but the raid must have a balance and be doing enough damage to the Guardians so that they are losing hit points rapidly and not hitting the tanks too hard.

The other major ability to worry about during this phase is called Lunatic Gaze. Every 12 seconds or so, Yogg will activate this ability and purple lightning will shoot at any characters that are facing him. They will take damage and Sanity loss. For this reason, players must face their character away when this ability is used, they can turn back around when the ability is over. Healers can stay faced away from Yogg for the entirety of phase 3.

Phase 3 is all about killing Yogg before the raid is overrun with Guardians, as they will spawn quicker the longer the phase goes on.

Yogg-Saron has a 15 minute hard enrage timer. Hard modes can be engaged by reducing the number of Keepers that assist you in the fight, sacrificing their buff and ability.

Roles
Tanks (1-2 in 10, 2-3 in 25): Avoid clouds and ferry Guardians effectively in phase 1. Keep Crusher tentacles occupied. Tanks with interrupts can be dispatched to focus corrupters during phase 2 while other tanks handle the crushers. Use cooldowns effectively to mitigate the high damage of guardians in phase 3. Avoid facing Yogg.
Healers (2-3 in 10, 5-6 in 25): Avoid clouds. Dispel the corrupter tentacle debuffs. Don't face Yogg.
Dps: Avoid clouds. Kill tentacles (in and outside the mind's eye) efficiently. Help dispel debuffs if able. Turn away from Yogg during Lunatic Gaze.

saltylopez fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Nov 11, 2014

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Can somebody give me the run down on the lore behind Sara.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
Wowpedia to the rescue:
http://wowpedia.org/Sara

Also, Yogg-[Sar]on :psyboom:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

saltylopez posted:

Wowpedia to the rescue:
http://wowpedia.org/Sara

Also, Yogg-[Sar]on :psyboom:

Sara is mai waifu :nignog:

Also, I volunteer to be ranged tank for P.3 and 4 of Mimiron

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

SirPhoebos posted:

Also, I volunteer to be ranged tank for P.3 and 4 of Mimiron

Works for me! Last night was like "Oh poo poo, we're getting phase 3... Uh... POPEY!"

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
Any chance of someone mailing Luscan 8 liferoot? The stuff on the AH is priced at literally more than all the money I have.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

Sion posted:

Any chance of someone mailing Luscan 8 liferoot? The stuff on the AH is priced at literally more than all the money I have.

I've been harvesting some in an attempt to level my herbalism. I'll see how many I have and send them over when I get home.

Phraggah
Nov 11, 2011

So uh I'm in as Thunderwear. I also have like 5-10 people who want to play with me, is it cool if they join the guild too?

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Phraggah posted:

So uh I'm in as Thunderwear. I also have like 5-10 people who want to play with me, is it cool if they join the guild too?

Yeah thats fine.

Also are you thunderwear/sunderwear from ED. If so, welcome back.

Phraggah
Nov 11, 2011

Tanners posted:

Yeah thats fine.

Also are you thunderwear/sunderwear from ED. If so, welcome back.

Yeah. It was Thunderwear and Wonderwear, that was me!

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

There isn't any trash between vezax and yogg, but keep in mind that yogg's encounter starts when you get maybe 10 feet in the door, so when you gather for it you'll want to gather on the teleporter outside the door.

BiggerThanPete
Nov 11, 2012

Guys, I'm going in.
I wash chatting with some folks from <The Rebirth> guild in our group tonight and it turns out they are all people from <Hate> on Rebirth. The one dude in the group said he remember Fester. It warmed my heart. I still think of my druid sometimes.

I mentioned maybe doing a joint with them to fill out our Ulduar25 and the guy in group said to talk with Bakkhus. There were a few of them in our raid the other night and they seemed ok. Might be easier than waiting on pubs each week.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

BiggerThanPete posted:

I wash chatting with some folks from <The Rebirth> guild in our group tonight and it turns out they are all people from <Hate> on Rebirth. The one dude in the group said he remember Fester. It warmed my heart. I still think of my druid sometimes.

I mentioned maybe doing a joint with them to fill out our Ulduar25 and the guy in group said to talk with Bakkhus. There were a few of them in our raid the other night and they seemed ok. Might be easier than waiting on pubs each week.

I had a feeling they were from rebirth. Sadly I'm pretty sure nobody remembers <GUILD> there anymore :(

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009
Stop putting useless poo poo in the guild bank. Nobody needs level 5 food and nobody needs cloth gear with strength, just vendor it and use the money for yourself. You should only be depositing items you genuinely think someone will use whether its leveling items or profession mats or whatever.

If you haven't noticed by now you can only withdraw from tabs now, if you want to deposit highly valuable items put them in the officer tab otherwise place them in the last tab so we can sort out the poo poo. Thanks!

Suran37 fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Nov 8, 2014

Sjonnar
Oct 22, 2011

saltylopez posted:

Phase 1:
Sara:
Sara's Fervor: Increases a target's damage done by 20% but also increases the damage they take by 100% for 15 seconds.
Sara's Blessing: Immediately heals a target for 30k but applies a dot that will do 60k damage over 20 seconds.
Sara's Anger: Inflicts 12k damage every 3 seconds to the target but also increases they physical damage they do.

I'm not sure if she applies these abilities to players or guardians or both. I can't remember from retail.

Those are "buffs" she puts on players.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

Sjonnar posted:

Those are "buffs" she puts on players.

Thank you. Edited.

BiggerThanPete
Nov 11, 2012

Guys, I'm going in.
Can somebody post Ulduar 25 events for this week on the website? Or if some one PMs me the password, I'll do it.

Oh and can we get another night going for a 10? Sunday seemed like a day that some people could do it.

BiggerThanPete fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Nov 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
Monday's event (on the 10th) has been posted for almost a week now.

• Locked thread