Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

How are you guys past the heart/sheol already :saddowns: Isn't it like 10 heart kills to unlock the next levels?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I still hate Eve oh my god

Also if the Devil doesn't cooperate and start offering me more deals instead of red chests to unlock Azazel I'm going to loving lose it.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

drunken officeparty posted:

How are you guys past the heart/sheol already :saddowns: Isn't it like 10 heart kills to unlock the next levels?

If your faith/sin is high enough, there will be a god/satan room to take you further after the heart. It's not guaranteed before you've got 10 heart kills, though.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Color Printer posted:

I still hate Eve oh my god

Also if the Devil doesn't cooperate and start offering me more deals instead of red chests to unlock Azazel I'm going to loving lose it.

Play Eve like she's a soul heart character. If there's a sacrifice room on floor 1, dump 2 hearts into it to activate Whore of Babylon and never pick up hearts. Devil's deal? Take it. Guppy's paw? Take it. That way she plays pretty much like Judas except you've got more 2 empty heart containers to sacrifice.

yorkinshire
Apr 28, 2009

In space no one can hear your dope beats.
Managed to unlock mama's boy with eden just now which is pretty funny since I have 100+ on vanilla without getting it.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

President Ark posted:

Seed for Azazel that gets Tammy's Head:

code:
6XNH
DL4J

I got Butt Bombs with this one.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

I finally unlocked azazel. I had a run where I got a goat head and every 'devil' room that showed up from then on out was a jesus room. it was really irritating.

My first azazel run I got to the cathedral place which I've never been to before. It kind of sucked.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Slime posted:

It seems to me that they went overboard on how little each shot does with the soy milk.

Yeah, it is annoying and unfun unless you get something to go along with it fairly quickly. On the plus side my run just turned around; gold chests gave me the guppy transformation so now I'm spitting blue flies absolutely everywhere, and cause I had guppy's tail I lucked out and got the goat thing and the gimp mask too. I'm still going to have free devil deals the rest of this run too so we's about to get crazy with this poo poo :devil:

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Supremezero posted:

I got Butt Bombs with this one.

It's not on the first floor, it's on like two or three.

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
If anyone wants to see what a neon pink triple brimstone with tiny planet looks like, here you go.

I call it the Flaming Flugelhorn.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How does Sin / Faith work?

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
Currently playing through this absolutely insane seed with judas
Q469
KQ02

Starts off pretty fun with rubber cement and strong damage. Then on the depths I got a devil deal for the scythe up grade. There's also a small planet which you can take or leave a bit later. Then I got to the boss rush room and saw that one of the items was Polyphemus. :getin: The small planet makes it unwieldy at times but then in the Womb there's a chest that gives Tammy's Head which just creates this huge black mass of scythes that instantly annihilates anything it touches that stays on screen long enough for you to move and cut through the larger rooms before they go away.

I think you can get guppy mode as well, but I skipped a Tail deal early on.

buddychrist10 fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Nov 7, 2014

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
It's not as powerful as I'd like, but drat if it isnt satisfying after only having vanilla soy milk all the way to Depths II

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I think sin/faith might affect the spawnrates of evil/soul hearts and devil/angel rooms? That's just a guess though, I haven't seen any concrete effects.

Manatee Cannon posted:

It is really hard to get close to the bullet hell bosses without taking damage. Since Azazel starts with no health and three black hearts, that matters a lot. I'd say Azazel starts off way stronger than most,if not all of the other characters but is also way more dependent on the RNG for long term viability.
I completely disagree, he's probably the least RNG dependent character. He does loads of damage and has flying, you can slaughter almost any boss from the get-go. Even bullet-hell bosses definitely give you enough of an opening to attack (for a huge amount of damage), I ran through the entire boss-rush easily without any particularly good items.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

God I hate moms knife. I hate all charge tear items.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Finally beat that god drat bean challenge. Thank you very much Guppy's Head and Bob's Brain for helping me survive a "bombs are key" disaster and pull through.

I will never, ever do that challenge again.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Nov 7, 2014

Loot
Apr 3, 2013

119-242 Text Count
+59 Contribution Score
+5.9% Cold Resistance

6.7% chance of shitposting
Fires rockets instead of bullets!
Or you can get that one item where you control a single tear for Azazel

:stare: It also had Charm, this was a deadly ring.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

God I hate moms knife. I hate all charge tear items.
Is this because of keyboard problems? If not then you probably just haven't learnt how to use burst damage properly.

Loot
Apr 3, 2013

119-242 Text Count
+59 Contribution Score
+5.9% Cold Resistance

6.7% chance of shitposting
Fires rockets instead of bullets!

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Is this because of keyboard problems? If not then you probably just haven't learnt how to use burst damage properly.

I noticed some keyboard problems when using the "move the tear" item during my earlier run, ghosting or whatnot. I don't like it with the 360 controller so I'm gonna have to figure out how to hook up a PS3 controller instead.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Up to a 3 win streak now because my Eve run gave me a dark bum which basically wins the game for her. I still suck though. Went into heart room with a full health bar, came out with one heart left. There's just so much poo poo going on that I can't figure out an actual strategy for it other than spray and pray. I still haven't unlocked Sampson too.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Just did a Maggie run with this seed:

A2NS
8W2A

Lil Haunt in the first treasure room. :ghost:

Read
Dec 21, 2010

10 heart kills isn't very difficult if you have experience from the original. (And a bunch of free time)

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
What the hell does Goat Head do? I can't figure it out

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Guarantees a devil room every floor. Very useful if you haven't properly unlocked Sheol yet.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

Just had a hilarious azazel run, (And just missed spelunker boy by one hit on carrion queen, D'oh!). Polyphemus, protopsis and the pact. Long charge, but mom's heart died in one hit. Already finished with basement boy and dark boy, gonna keep working on those :V

Aishlinn fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Nov 7, 2014

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

It is a lot of keyboard problems, but even in the original game with mouse support I hated brimstone and moms knife still. I've always liked Ipecac though and think it's better than both. Guess I'm just weird like that.

drunken officeparty fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Nov 7, 2014

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Guarantees a devil room every floor. Very useful if you haven't properly unlocked Sheol yet.

Apparently it's just a /very/ high chance, but I've never seen it fail so I dunno.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

President Ark posted:

It's not on the first floor, it's on like two or three.

I played through to the 5th. No Tammy's Head :( (unless it was in the Locked Treasure room on the 2nd floor for which there was no key)

Does anyone have an Azazel run with Tammy's Head actually?

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

I've also heard it may reduce the cost of devil deals so *shrug*.

Anyways, has anyone figured out what the Sharp Plug does? It says "Charges with blood" but I've grabbed it a few times and haven't noticed anything from it. Platinum God hasn't figured it out either.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Does it seem to anyone like the Chest is easier, or am I just getting a false impression? I'm so used to seeing nothing but unholy combinations of bosses there that a room with a bunch of enemies and 2 Mega Fatties seems a bit trivial by comparison.

Also that locked door in the entrance is seriously taunting me. I'm gonna make that key mine next run for sure.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Yeah, brimstone (or maybe all charge items) seem bugged here as well (using G15 keyboard). It fires randomly without me releasing the button and sometimes refuses to charge altogether.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
NEA2
V9Q1

Really... just solid Eve run. Having maxed damage and high tear rate of fire with piercing Fear Shots is excellent and a fun way to just blast your way through the game. It doesn't have any insane combos, but if you just want a really solid 'smash everything in your path' kinda game, this'll do it.

Oh yeah, it gets Book of Shadows too. Like I said, just a very solid seed.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
What stat shortens the time to charge Brimstone? Shot speed, tears up maybe? I'm pretty sure there is one since I rerolled my items once into a 1-ish second brimstone. I don't usually like rolling with Brim but I just picked it up with mutant spider and :stare:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
EDIT: ^^^^ Fire rate/tears up. Shot speed and range do nothing iirc.

Does Dr Fetus+Pyromaniac give you infinite healing?

By the way guys, I think Secret rooms are generated the same as the last game. The only new addition is you have to actually be able to get to the secret room without flying from each of the rooms it connects to. So if the spot where the secret room door would be is over a pit or across from a pit it's not possible for a secret room to spawn there.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Nov 7, 2014

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

Just beat mom's heart for the first time. That run was cool, I was just walking into rooms and killing everything in seconds towards the end.

I'm gonna miss my spider-army.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Manatee Cannon posted:

Azazel is really interesting, but how viable it is depends on what you get in the long run. Having to get that close to mom's heart or something is a death sentence.
This is so very not true that I had to go and record something to demonstrate

Video is me playing as Azazel, picking up no items at all along the way, just consumables, and still beating Mom's Heart without much trouble(minus some weird glitch where a summon gets stuck in a corner). Fight is at 21:34

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkZZF6kK370

Azazel is ez mode

LazyMaybe fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Nov 7, 2014

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Just a warning, the Broken Watch can also speed up rooms. I found this out fighting Mom's Heart. :stonk:

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Oh my god that was hilarious. First game as Lazarus, and I find Gemini on the first floor and Taurus on the second. Then I get the Virus from somewhere. The game becomes "stay alive until Taurus goes off then run the gently caress over everybody".

Mom and her heart die quickly and I'm lucky enough to get a Devil Room afterwards, so I get to Sheol for the first time. I'm low on health (full 12 heart containers so no soul hearts possible) and find Satan. The Taurus charge is spent on the first phase of the fight so that's not going to help.

We kill each other with the final blow - he stomps me and then Gemini + the Virus take the last of his health. And then Lazarus comes back to life where he fell.

Taurus's activation time seems to be linked to tear fire rate, or maybe movement speed. I boosted both and it seemed like the invincibility activated much more quickly.

Also I found out the rocks in the Womb/Utero with black spots near the top can hold goodies when you bomb them. I saw them leave behind a trinket and soul hearts, or burst into bullets or creep. It's a gamble.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Womb rocks nearly killed my Samson run where I had Leo. Those creep patches are a massive dick move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

RatHat posted:

EDIT: ^^^^ Fire rate/tears up. Shot speed and range do nothing iirc.

Does Dr Fetus+Pyromaniac give you infinite healing?

Thanks, that makes sense. Unfortunately I haven't gotten a single tears up this hole run. Its always when you need it most that you dont get it. Also fair warning, I picked up the cancer trinket and it does nothing with brimstone.

And I'd imagine so but I havent managed to find both yet.