Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Deadtear why do the eve thread people keep owning themselves in an effort to own others

Is it just a few people (I want to believe this because you're cool) or is there a deeper mmo issue happening here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

theres a new game on steam for the guys who joined wicked: http://store.steampowered.com/app/314520/

http://www.smartgameslive.com/en/games/roadblock

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Widestancer posted:

Have to be honest it's really petty what they did there. I'm not invested in this at all and from the outside it looks really retarded.

Oh, I agree it's petty as gently caress to kick him from other Goon groups not related to this game. It's still funny it happened though.

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

you didn't do a very good job of anything except looking like a lil bitch nerd

Thanks for your feedback.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Unfunny Poster posted:

Oh, I agree it's petty as gently caress to kick him from other Goon groups not related to this game. It's still funny it happened though.

Thanks for your feedback.

good name/post combo

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
nerd

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

It's funny in the sense that they look like huge tools for doing it I guess. Personally I wouldn't want someone like that in my gaming group but hey.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Widestancer posted:

Deadtear why do the eve thread people keep owning themselves in an effort to own others

Is it just a few people (I want to believe this because you're cool) or is there a deeper mmo issue happening here?

Usually I don't know, but this one is a known moron and has nothing to do with goonfleet anyway

I mean eve attracts sociopaths because you can scam and lie and it's all encouraged but they're not the ones that will be throwing themselves in front of an ownage bus

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

good name/post combo

I try to live up to the name.

Widestancer posted:

It's funny in the sense that they look like huge tools for doing it I guess. Personally I wouldn't want someone like that in my gaming group but hey.

Neither would I.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

Usually I don't know, but this one is a known moron and has nothing to do with goonfleet anyway

I mean eve attracts sociopaths because you can scam and lie and it's all encouraged but they're not the ones that will be throwing themselves in front of an ownage bus

I figured the ones like Unfunny Poster, Tippis and Bagu wouldn't be pulling the strings.

Lol Bagu

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Unfunny Poster posted:

Neither would I.

so you just wanted to do some dumb tryhard edgy driveby post on someone who just got kicked from the EVE guild because reasons

ok good job, see you in the EVE thread thanks for dropping by friend

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I uninstalled this game because it's much funnier to read about it than actually play it, so it really is a spiritual successor to EVE.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

angerbot posted:

I uninstalled this game because it's much funnier to read about it than actually play it, so it really is a spiritual successor to EVE.

I haven't played in a week other than logging on for Auroria, but im enjoying that goons can't seem to stop making GBS threads and then flinging the poo poo at each other all day

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006
I dunno why I bothered reading that but:

"There are some leaders in PL who would sell out half of their corporation if it meant a few more super kills or a quasi-gain within EVE. They've got some great guys trying to steer their ship on the right course, but they could do without all of the old -A- leadership and their half baked ideas on how to run an alliance."

Seems like Kimmy has become the thing he despised, but I still don't think poo poo should have spilled over to EVE. But then again, it's sort of fitting since a lot of this is a result of EVE things spilling over into AA.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

People should be like bill and Ted and just be excellent to each other

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

angerbot posted:

Here is a new korean game for you

http://worldtourfishing.gamescampus.com/

also I didn't try myst since I was busy with schools

Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009
"Also it may be a bit easier to explain my background with audio. I am a musician. I play the drums. I also sell high end audio and home theater. I am used to the best."

Third World Reggin posted:

It is pretty easily actually.

Kimsemus tried for a solution when werkwerk and I showed up.
The fishers did not and kept repeating the history of fishing even when asked not to.
Kimsemus left the guild voluntarily to prevent issues.
The fishers not satisfied, after a few days also left.

One side acted much more reasonable when sat down and asked to find a solution.

The other side is a collection of the following
"No one will ever respect you because you are level 1"
"You guys are just imp zone trolls"
"You haven't suffered enough to lead the guild"
"You haven't helped out enough in this game, screw other games with goons"
I will get you banned from any goon group I can
We worked so hard and all of our plans were thrown away. No we would not like to work together from now on.
We want the old fishing rules back. So they are still in effect? *continues to complain for 30 minutes*
"You kicked my family member, I'm outie. I took the guild bank with me"
"I didn't want to be guild leader except the officers having decided that I will be guild leader, let me leave with all the castle materials"
"You didn't respond to me fast enough. I don't care if people were constantly messaging you about fishing and you were busy."
"Kimsemus is the real goon fucker here, not all these guys who actively hosed the guild and refused to work together"

For the most part, the people who had issues, and therefor created drama, left when they didn't get their way even when things they asked for were agreed upon. When asked to work towards the future, they left. The pvp group said the future sounded cool and hip.

That's som pretty fantastic revisionist posting there. Might as well write up some slash fanfic about Ballista and Kimsemus while you are at it. That'd be more believable.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Malakesh posted:

Might as well write up some slash fanfic about Ballista and Kimsemus while you are at it.

I don't think that's what anyone meant by goonfucking.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Malakesh posted:

That's som pretty fantastic revisionist posting there. Might as well write up some slash fanfic about Ballista and Kimsemus while you are at it. That'd be more believable.

Nah I think that's pretty accurate and all of you are ridiculously petty. You guys are so delusional its impossible to argue with your though.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Malakesh posted:

:eyepop:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Deki posted:

I don't think that's what anyone meant by goonfucking.

goon love is the best love

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

This game was amusing for the 10 minutes that i played it before I uninstalled it. There was a thread here for it, but I don't know if it's still around.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

goon love is the best love

man that poo poo was weird

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Malakesh posted:

This's som pretty fantastic revisionist posting here. I might as well write up some slash fanfic about Ballista and Kimsemus while I am at it. That'd be more believable.

I am a futurist, not a revisionist.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
can we get some slash fanfiction up in here anyway tho

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
kimsemus shoved he fist up my butt all the way to he elbow

sorry thats the best fanfiction i can do

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
the joke is that he was goonfucking

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
heh

Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009
"Also it may be a bit easier to explain my background with audio. I am a musician. I play the drums. I also sell high end audio and home theater. I am used to the best."

Internet Kraken posted:

Nah I think that's pretty accurate and all of you are ridiculously petty. You guys are so delusional its impossible to argue with your though.

I don't know who you are or what you think I've done but you seem to have a negative opinion about everything I say. What's wrong buddy? Did I do something to upset you? I am willing to make amends.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Way back when on warhammer online, since so many people wanted to be officer, I offered it to anyone who wrote self inserted slash fan fic.

We then had a goon in GBS read them out loud.

https://app.box.com/shared/x38dr3dene
https://app.box.com/shared/56qcxtzt1e

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3226099&pagenumber=11#post370476645

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Nov 7, 2014

Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009

Way back when on warhammer online, since so many people wanted to be officer, I offered it to anyone who wrote self inserted slash fan fic.

We then had a goon in GBS read them out loud.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3247314&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post370373924

Didn't dbrb do some readings on a couple of ops in eve?

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Malakesh posted:

I don't know who you are or what you think I've done but you seem to have a negative opinion about everything I say. What's wrong buddy? Did I do something to upset you? I am willing to make amends.

:pusheen:

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

I am enjoying Myst Online! It's baffling and free which meets a number of my criteria in gaming

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
^^^ :lol:

Malakesh posted:

This is the first mmo I've played with goons so I didn't have any biases towards any of you before this all started. With that in mind here is what I think of you and everyone else vocal about how Kimsesus/Werkwerk/whoever ruined the guild; you are all massive hypocrites and ridiculously petty.

Good work.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

This should be the entirety of the OP.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

If it's cool with you, I'm going to use this whenever someone in my guild bitches about fighting KOS guilds at fishing holes.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Internet Kraken posted:

goons, here is what I think of you; you are all massive hypocrites and ridiculously petty.

This really is your first mmo with goons :shobon:

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Malakesh posted:

I'd make a rage comic about why you're being an idiot with these drive-by cool guy posts, but that's way too much effort. So I'm just gonna say that, going off of your actions, the only reasonable conclusion is that you're buttmad about fishing pacts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Widestancer posted:

People should be like bill and Ted and just be excellent to each other

Party on dudes.

• Locked thread