Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Preoptopus posted:

Some kid is selling a Lexus with a 1JZ twin turbo in it complete with blown head gasket for 3k. Should I trade him my perfectly running and reliable Acura TL?

http://madison.craigslist.org/cto/4741366873.html

"I know what the car is worth" is an indicator of a true idiot on craigslist.

Of course you should buy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Racing buddy of mine finally posted up our last regional race of the year at Blackhawk Farms, where I (barely) took first. YouTube kind of boned the video, but I figure someone might find it entertaining for a couple of minutes. I'm the one he's chasing for the first couple of minutes and the last couple of minutes in the black/white leathers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqf2Abwbe1U

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

Preoptopus posted:

Some kid is selling a Lexus with a 1JZ twin turbo in it complete with blown head gasket for 3k. Should I trade him my perfectly running and reliable Acura TL?

I thought TLs went for more than $3k?

That screams an eBay special to me. Also no manual no car(e).

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
New parts girl at work is cute and drives a WRX. I need to find a way to get horribly shot down

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
How much torque can a Ford smallblock 4-speed toploader take before it goes kaboom, any guesses? They seem to have a rep for being stout.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Ask her to drink some Fireball with you.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nodoze posted:

New parts girl at work is cute and drives a WRX. I need to find a way to get horribly shot down

I believe in you and the power of whiskey.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Nidhg00670000 posted:

How much torque can a Ford smallblock 4-speed toploader take before it goes kaboom, any guesses? They seem to have a rep for being stout.

If you're not dropping it at redline on slicks, it'll take high hundreds.

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.
I got bored earlier and downloaded Tinder. Let the games begin!

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

My favorite part about Tinder is getting 0 matches and watching (not literally) my roommates bang Tinder chicks every weekend.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

Nodoze posted:

Do what seemingly every dude on Tinder does to me and ask her if she knows how to drive a manual.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Nidhg00670000 posted:

From off the top of my head, stock, probably somewhere in the realm of 400-500 ft/lbs. and when you're developing that, esp in the earlier 302 engines you're developing enough HP to split the stock block.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

goatse guy posted:

Do what seemingly every dude on Tinder does to me and ask her if she knows how to drive a manual.

poo poo is that that common? I always ask chicks that who say they like cars on their dating profiles. They usually don't know how.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

Preoptopus posted:

Oh God the stickers and the mix of it being a swap, plus his attitude plus his "I don't have mechanical expertise" and then adding a bunch of "tags" :stonk:

I flagged that ad. gently caress that guy and the horse he rode in on.: colbert:

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Super Aggro Crag posted:

My favorite part about Tinder is getting 0 matches and watching (not literally) my roommates bang Tinder chicks every weekend.

You need better photos. That's about 90% of the online dating game. Before I met my current gf I had used ok Cupid. A simple change of pictures (good ones) and my response rate almost tripled.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Same here! it's great

goatse guy posted:

really? :doh:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

BrokenKnucklez posted:

You need better photos. That's about 90% of the online dating game. Before I met my current gf I had used ok Cupid. A simple change of pictures (good ones) and my response rate almost tripled.

As someone who is incredibly non-photogenic, I think this is part of my problem :v:

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Darchangel posted:

Well, I just learned a new euphemism.

Knuckle Babies they make your dreams come true...

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Seriouspost: dude online matchmaking is a goddamn shitshow, so do it for kicks if you want but don't take that poo poo seriously. I did online dating for awhile and got a bunch of (awful) dates, one friends-with-benefits (who was cool but had SO MUCH BAGGAGE) and that was about it. It got to the point where I figured something was basically wrong with me, and I let it get into my head a little bit. Finally I decided to laugh it off and give zero shits about anything and be single forever and die young etc etc.

Not relying on MATHEMATICAL ONLINE COMPATIBILITY DATABASES caused me to actually pay attention to a girl I knew in the real world who was very attractive, but extremely indifferent to me. I had thought it was because I was a dumbass/something was wrong with me but *ding ding ding* it turns out she was being a girl and was actually crazy about me and trying to be cool. We went out once and went on a hike and suddenly we're 16 months along and everything is going awesomely. Her parents even love me for some goddamn reason I do not understand in the least.

Also yes, get better pictures.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Dating in general is a poo poo show. Much more so when you get older.... pressures and social norms and stuff.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 205 days!)

Just watched the series 18 SAAB special on Top Gear again. Time to go weep into my pillow for multiple reasons. Miss ya guys. Still have my cars.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
I've basically resigned myself to being single for the foreseeable future. Dating is hard when you don't like going to bars and have basically zero social life because all your friends moved away or keep weird hours. Also I pretty much hate everyone in my age bracket right now.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

Super Aggro Crag posted:

http://freakonomics.com/2014/02/06/what-you-dont-know-about-online-dating-a-new-freakonomics-radio-podcast/

http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2014/01/29/268422490/episode-513-dear-economist-i-need-a-date

Get a good profile of you and a friendly looking dog. Think about it analytically and write you profile ad in a way that will broadly appeal. :)

And ask your roomies for some tips!

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
What if I'm a cat person, huh?

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

Donate :10bux: to the local animal shelter in exchange for a picture with a photogenic dog.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Galler posted:

Donate :10bux: to the local animal shelter in exchange for a picture with a photogenic dog.

This is a two fold good thing. Dog photo and helping out a rescue shelter. Plus you can do the whole "I donate to good!" thing too.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Hey look I like dogs! Will you gently caress me now?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

BrokenKnucklez posted:

This is a two fold good thing. Dog photo and helping out a rescue shelter. Plus you can do the whole "I donate to good!" thing too.

Hmm, I have a lot of photos of me with shelter dogs. Guess I should leave out the cats though?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Get a job at a bar and have no standards, it worked for me for 8 years!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I literally met my wife on the playground when we were kids and only dated a few girls before I started dating her when we were 18, was with her for five years then married her, but my friends always say (and still say) they all were way out of my league.

I just never gave a poo poo and flirted with them enough to draw their attention but remained distant enough that they were intrigued until something happened I guess idk. I feel bad for my brother because he's never dated anyone but he is so much more attractive than me, he's just kind of awkward and didn't test the waters in secondary school.

Speaking of all this, funny story. I wink at everyone at work when I bring them whatever the customer wanted and they say thanks or whatever, and one really cute girl was like "Tim you have to stop winking at me" and I was like holy poo poo I'm not creeping you out or anything right and she was like "no it just really turns me on" and wow was that a huge boost to my ego :unsmith:

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Jesus you are all hosed in the head. Listening to the 13" mix..

I am literally converting this to CD and gluing it into anything and everything I sell, after pulling the radio fuse.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

Super Aggro Crag posted:

poo poo is that that common? I always ask chicks that who say they like cars on their dating profiles. They usually don't know how.

It comes off as extremely condescending and sexist, and it seems especially stupid because the WRX in my Tinder profile was never offered in an automatic.

I removed all references to cars and motorsports from my Tinder profile, because I'm sick of feeling like I'm being grilled to make sure that I'm a "real" car enthusiast.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Ya know, I could really go for some harvest nut 'n' grain pancakes right now..

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

goatse guy posted:

I removed all references to cars and motorsports from my Tinder profile, because I'm sick of feeling like I'm being grilled to make sure that I'm a "real" car enthusiast.

Umm what does it matter, tinder is for hook ups, right? I wouldn't care if you were a shoe enthusiast :v:

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

goatse guy posted:

It comes off as extremely condescending and sexist, and it seems especially stupid because the WRX in my Tinder profile was never offered in an automatic.

Make it a joyful surprise when you do the reveal and a disappointing sad thing when you demand they get the shift points right on what they are driving and critique them the entire gear change sequence of the drive.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Note to self and others: a 32oz jello shot does not work. No not attempt.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
that sounds like a rather unappetizing lunch holmes

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Much like my body weight, most of it sunk to the bottom.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Rode my bike today, then went to five breweries.

Mostly earned the beer by going 29mi and climbing 2600ft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JukeboxHerostratus
Nov 25, 2009

I got stood up for a date on my birthday last month. Turned me off on the whole dating thing, and probably will for a while. It's probably for the best with school and everything but dammit that pissed me off.

I say that now while I'm thinking about the new girl at my old workplace. Like an addict, I'll keep goin' back.

• Locked thread