Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

New month, let's get the stink of October out of our clothes.

This month's themes are the holidays and frilly lace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
If you want to wear frilly lace, that's fine. I dont want see it.

GG I've been in this shithole for 10 years this month.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
I'm getting shuttled around in a van for my Halloween. The railroad is all hosed up, and I'm making money by getting told to go to random places only then to be told not to go there. I have yet to step foot on a locomotive.

Sad part... This has gone on for 11 hours. And I'm going home.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

You're so vain
You probably think this thread is about you
Don't you
Don't you
Don't you

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

meatpimp posted:

New month, let's get the stink of October out of our clothes.

This month's themes are the holidays and frilly lace.

Wal-Mart's dress code doesn't specify anything about men or women.

It does specify that khakis, skirts, or skorts may be worn.

I'm gonna be climbing a lot of ladders. Skorts should work for that, right>

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

some texas redneck posted:

Wal-Mart's dress code doesn't specify anything about men or women.

It does specify that khakis, skirts, or skorts may be worn.

I'm gonna be climbing a lot of ladders. Skorts should work for that, right>

I'd peek under your kilt lol

:eek:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

You wouldn't see much except Chewbacca's rear end in a top hat.

And with the amount of beans I eat, it'd be making constant BRAAAAAAAAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAAAAAAAAAAP noises and motions. It sounds kind of like a Vespa sometimes :allears:

bandman
Mar 17, 2008
Your flatulence description sounds more like a bridgeport 13b at idle, honestly.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Urgh. The curse of night shift. Fell asleep drunk, woke up sober about the time I usually get off, and now I have nothing to do all day.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

some texas redneck posted:

You wouldn't see much except Chewbacca's rear end in a top hat.

And with the amount of beans I eat, it'd be making constant BRAAAAAAAAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAAAAAAAAAAP noises and motions. It sounds kind of like a Vespa sometimes :allears:

Oh hahahahahahaaaaaa. I didn't know you were a thumper.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

MrChips posted:

Drinking~!

Hungover. :saddowns:

Fievel Goes Bi
Dec 8, 2008

This sucks I loaded up on full size candy bars for Halloween, thinking that being in this new apartment with all its kids and the surrounding neighborhood also being packed full of them. That they would clean me out in no time but I didn't get a single knock on the door.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

I don't think CM realized how redundant it was to allow drunkposting in the October chat thread. 60-90% of Friday/Saturday night chat thread posts are drunkposts I think.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 238 days!)

Welp gonna go check out the cars for sale at the too-hungover-to-bid auction this morning. Bet I can pick up that SC2 for pennies (but who'd want to?).

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

I'mma get up on the first page of this bitch.

Bad decisions will be made this weekend.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Viggen posted:

Welp gonna go check out the cars for sale at the too-hungover-to-bid auction this morning. Bet I can pick up that SC2 for pennies (but who'd want to?).

If you turn it upside down and shake it, there might be more than a few pennies that fall out.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Check the back. Guy I know at work recently found a Hi-Point and some pot under the back seat in a Civic he bought at a police auction.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Gunbus posted:

This sucks I loaded up on full size candy bars for Halloween, thinking that being in this new apartment with all its kids and the surrounding neighborhood also being packed full of them. That they would clean me out in no time but I didn't get a single knock on the door.

Yeah, same, just two kids. But on the plus side, candy fo daayyyyyssssss

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

My coworkers will be bringing confiscated candy for the next month. Then we go into fruitcake mode.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

first page in a monthly AI chat thread

i'm available most days to accept my trophy

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*
Woke up this morning to find that I texted a picture of a friend wearing nothing but a horse head mask to another one of our friends. :stare:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I'm so loving glad that October is over. Got told yesterday that after a year of promises they were going to block my transfer to a team that advances my career after all.

Had a few interviews this year that just haven't panned out and now potential jobs are drying up with the price of oil crashing too. Seriously thinking about just saying gently caress you I quit first thing Monday and finishing up some work for hire to get me to 2015.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Ding dong, October's dead.

gently caress October.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

Cat Terrist posted:

If you want to wear frilly lace, that's fine. I dont want see it.

GG I've been in this shithole for 10 years this month.

Noob :frogout: :regd04:

;) Happy Anniversary!

MrChips posted:

Hungover. :saddowns:

Me too :(. It's a sad day when you're too old or have such a low tolerance that more than three beers in a night leaves you with a horrible headache.

Gunbus posted:

Did you put out Halloween decorations? Rule of thumb around here is to only go to the decorated house because often people leave their lights on, but never answer (which is a bummer for the kids).

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I'm so loving glad that October is over. Got told yesterday that after a year of promises they were going to block my transfer to a team that advances my career after all.

Had a few interviews this year that just haven't panned out and now potential jobs are drying up with the price of oil crashing too. Seriously thinking about just saying gently caress you I quit first thing Monday and finishing up some work for hire to get me to 2015.

Sorry to hear the bad news, but keep in mind that most companies are in the budgeting phase right now for the upcoming fiscal year (unless you're in an industry where the standard is based on the school year) and that December and January should see job listings for newly budgeted positions.

Not to get all BFC on you, but quitting without another job lined up is never a good idea unless your goal is to destroy your savings.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Yeah, that's all that's kept me from bailing so far. I do have some side work that needs doing, but it would run out pretty fast if I can dedicate the full 40 to it.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Seat Safety Switch posted:

lovely dude. I have a bad feeling that these low oil prices are going to be around for a lot longer than many expect them to be, and I also think we haven't seen the bottom yet. Things are going to be lean around here for a while, to say the least. It'll probably take the wind out of the housing market as well; something long overdue here.

Either way, I'm concerned about the long-term prospects in Calgary, and in Canada as a whole. It's why I've stepped up my planning to leave Canada and work overseas.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

HAPPY NOVEMBER BITCHES AND BITCHETTES!

Come on November, deliver no more divorces, emergency room visits, oh but keep the Goatse Guy tinder's rolling. Alright November? K THX.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Happy October is over. Here's something I did last night I'd probably rather forget about, but instead I'm posting it online.

http://youtu.be/R85UkbGX7So

Fievel Goes Bi
Dec 8, 2008

Mat_Drinks posted:

Did you put out Halloween decorations? Rule of thumb around here is to only go to the decorated house because often people leave their lights on, but never answer (which is a bummer for the kids).

I did not have any decorations up but in lieu of that I put the bowl right in the window next to the door with plastic spiders and stuff around it and my lights on. I guess its just my apartment is in a weird out of the way spot here in the complex.

Also in other news. Why is it so hard for people to count the last 8 didgits of a VIN so I can help them. Holy poo poo its not trig people.

Fievel Goes Bi fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Nov 1, 2014

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Adiabatic posted:

Happy October is over. Here's something I did last night I'd probably rather forget about, but instead I'm posting it online.

That's... uhhhh... something, I agree.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
The trick to hangovers is to maintain a constant level of drinking to prevent them from ever happening.

Me, i promised the lady to quit and i just passed my first 24 hours drying out and i dont like how my hands wobble at work

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Go ahead punk make my day :unsmigghh:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Adiabatic posted:

I laughed really hard when I got that Snap last night. And then got slightly jealous because there is no way I could ever dance like that :v:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Well yeah you'd need a dinosaur

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

T1g4h posted:

I laughed really hard when I got that Snap last night. And then got slightly jealous because there is no way I could ever dance like that :v:

:hf:

Was a fantastic thing to come home from work to, laughed my rear end off.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 238 days!)

1997 2500 v8 in great shape- 1200. 97 explorer v8 beat 1400. Everything else was to high or crap. 2005 KIA for 2500 reserve lol

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

It's about to be new bearings time as soon as I get a torque wrench. :sun:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Found a couple awesome little things to throw in an AI:SS package last night. Now come on, Sock.

Also went out for dinner last night with some couple that I knew neither one, because my wife is trying to make friends. It was seriously loving first date awkward. That and I learned I have to remember how to behave around non military people, because most aren't as casually vulgar and brash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

goatse guy posted:

Woke up this morning to find that I texted a picture of a friend wearing nothing but a horse head mask to another one of our friends. :stare:

Didn't see this before, but hahaha holy poo poo, you really are your own worst enemy sometimes (but then again, aren't we all?) :v:

• Locked thread