Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuckstick Electric
Nov 25, 2012
After the dismal reveal that Ultimate Mysterio was little more than an android, I'm hoping the incursions are revealed to be the fault of Mysterio, the twat. Maybe there can be an homage to Crisis on Infinite Earths and have Bendis replace Supergirl in the arms of a wailing Quesada.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ponsonby Britt
Mar 13, 2006
I think you mean, why is there silverware in the pancake drawer? Wassup?
So Marvel's version of Brainiac is obviously Ultron, but who's the Marvel equivalent to Telos?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Who the gently caress's Telos?

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Ponsonby Britt posted:

So Marvel's version of Brainiac is obviously Ultron, but who's the Marvel equivalent to Telos?

It's 100% gonna be a multi-verse level Beyonder. There's zero doubt now.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Fuckstick Electric posted:

After the dismal reveal that Ultimate Mysterio was little more than an android, I'm hoping the incursions are revealed to be the fault of Mysterio, the twat. Maybe there can be an homage to Crisis on Infinite Earths and have Bendis replace Supergirl in the arms of a wailing Quesada.

I'm all for this if it means Dr. Doom does some science at the Hellicarrier to solve the case, facepalms and walks over to the cells in order to give Mysterio the ultimate punch in the dick.

radlum
May 13, 2013

Fuckstick Electric posted:

Wasn't Ultimate Mysterio also Regular 616 Mysterio or did I miss something?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

radlum posted:

Wasn't Ultimate Mysterio also Regular 616 Mysterio or did I miss something?

Yeah, that's what he meant by an android. Ultimate Mysterio was just an android that 616 Mysterio was remote controlling from across dimensions.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

TwoPair posted:

Yeah, that's what he meant by an android. Ultimate Mysterio was just an android that 616 Mysterio was remote controlling from across dimensions.

Uhhhh technically that would be called a 'waldo' and...
:goonsay:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Where's Mytsterio?

everyone in the crowds has bubbleheads on

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Edit: I'm an idiot, ignore this post.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Yes that is the thing everybody has been talking about page or so.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Waterhaul posted:

Yes that is the thing everybody has been talking about page or so.

Somehow I managed to miss that, despite having read the previous two pages before I made my post. I am not a clever man. :downs:

So, who wants to bet married Peter doesn't make it through the first issue?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
It would be a lot funnier if the Spider-Man one was just Mary Jane, Peter and their kid living out a happy life for an issue and then Marvel never revisited that reality ever again.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

I've been holding out on Hickaman's two Avengers books until the OSHCs come out so forgive my ignorance but has Bendis' Beyonder dangling plot thread been picked up? Is it possible that Secret Wars may pick it back up?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Happy Hippo posted:

I've been holding out on Hickaman's two Avengers books until the OSHCs come out so forgive my ignorance but has Bendis' Beyonder dangling plot thread been picked up? Is it possible that Secret Wars may pick it back up?

It hasn't been picked up on. I would very much expect the Beyonder to be involved in Secret Wars and for Hickman to address Beyonder as Inhuman one way or another.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

I play an unhealthy amount of Marvel Heroes and absolutely adore Ms. Marvel/Captain Marvel, but I know pretty much nothing about her in the comics. What would be some good stories for me to look into?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Zombie Samurai posted:

I play an unhealthy amount of Marvel Heroes and absolutely adore Ms. Marvel/Captain Marvel, but I know pretty much nothing about her in the comics. What would be some good stories for me to look into?

Avengers 200!

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

bobkatt013 posted:

Avengers 200!
In addition, fans of Spider-Man from his other appearances outside of comics should go check out One More Day.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Zombie Samurai posted:

If you can deal with older comics, her appearances in Uncanny X-Men during Chris Claremont's era on the book in the 80s is probably a good starting point. Otherwise, while opinions vary on quality, you could probably do worse than one of her solo titles from the last 10 years.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Carol as Captain Marvel is the work of Kelly Sue DeKonnick but not many people here like any of her books. I'm really digging the current series though, so check out anything Captain Marvel or even Avengers Assemble by her.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Senor Candle posted:

Carol as Captain Marvel is the work of Kelly Sue DeKonnick but not many people here like any of her books. I'm really digging the current series though, so check out anything Captain Marvel or even Avengers Assemble by her.

Don't forget the Avenging Spider-man two-parter!

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Rhyno posted:

Yeah forgot about that.
So #9 and #10 of this are her first appearances(As Captain)
https://www.comixology.com/Avenging-Spider-Man-2011-2013-9/digital-comic/27662?ref=Y29taWMvdmlldy9kZXNrdG9wL3NsaWRlcg
Kelly Sue takes this over at #9 and it's pretty good until it ends.
https://www.comixology.com/Avengers-Assemble-9/digital-comic/33045?ref=Y29taWMvdmlldy9kZXNrdG9wL3NsaWRlcg
This is her first solo series as Captain Marvel. It starts a little rough but I think it gets a lot better after the first few arcs.
https://www.comixology.com/Captain-Marvel-Vol-1-In-Pursuit-of-Flight/digital-comic/55144?ref=Y29taWMvdmlldy9kZXNrdG9wL3NsaWRlcg
And this is her current series which has been good.
https://www.comixology.com/Captain-Marvel-2014-1/digital-comic/80181?ref=Y29taWMvdmlldy9kZXNrdG9wL3NsaWRlcg

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Rhyno posted:

Cabbagepots' favorite comic.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Zombie Samurai posted:

One major point to avoid confusion; the new Ms. Marvel is completely different from the old Ms./Captain Marvel. (It's very good BTW.)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

CM Punk is writing a Thor Annual? What?

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Senor Candle posted:

Yeah forgot about that.
So #9 and #10 of this are her first appearances(As Captain)
https://www.comixology.com/Avenging-Spider-Man-2011-2013-9/digital-comic/27662?ref=Y29taWMvdmlldy9kZXNrdG9wL3NsaWRlcg
Kelly Sue takes this over at #9 and it's pretty good until it ends.
https://www.comixology.com/Avengers-Assemble-9/digital-comic/33045?ref=Y29taWMvdmlldy9kZXNrdG9wL3NsaWRlcg
This is her first solo series as Captain Marvel. It starts a little rough but I think it gets a lot better after the first few arcs.
https://www.comixology.com/Captain-Marvel-Vol-1-In-Pursuit-of-Flight/digital-comic/55144?ref=Y29taWMvdmlldy9kZXNrdG9wL3NsaWRlcg
And this is her current series which has been good.
https://www.comixology.com/Captain-Marvel-2014-1/digital-comic/80181?ref=Y29taWMvdmlldy9kZXNrdG9wL3NsaWRlcg

Thanks for all the suggestions, especially this! I'll be sure to check them out.

Gynovore posted:

One major point to avoid confusion; the new Ms. Marvel is completely different from the old Ms./Captain Marvel. (It's very good BTW.)

Are you talking about the new Ms. Marvel who's a little girl or something? Because as long as it's good, I'm totally not averse to that.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

muscles like this? posted:

CM Punk is writing a Thor Annual? What?

Just a ten page backup, but that's enough to get me giddy. It'll be about young Thor. He also really, really wants to write the Punisher.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Zombie Samurai posted:

Thanks for all the suggestions, especially this! I'll be sure to check them out.

Are you talking about the new Ms. Marvel who's a little girl or something? Because as long as it's good, I'm totally not averse to that.

By the way, a lot of that stuff is available on Marvel Unlimited. You can pay $10 for a single month and read a ton of back log stuff. It is about 6 months behind what's coming out, but it's a pretty good value. Be warned that the app on tablets is pretty janky though.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Zombie Samurai posted:

It's James Franco eating pie good.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I really enjoyed the Ms Marvel series that ran through civil war, secret invasion and dark reign. It has some really WTF moments, but it does give a good idea of Carol in her first major role in comics since the 70s.

She really needs a rework in Marvel Heroes though.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Blockhouse posted:

So all those Marvel teasers over the last couple of weeks?

Say hello to the new Battleworld.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKyfgWflKpw

So I can reasonably expect the Age of Ultron universe to fight the AvX Babies universe in this?

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

SilverSupernova posted:

So I can reasonably expect the Age of Ultron universe to fight the AvX Babies universe in this?

So I was thinking a bit about Battleworld today.

In the Avengers/New Avengers plot lines we've seen Earth's collide and the general result looks as if both Universes are eradicated.
But what if that's not the case. What if, in fact when Earth's collide they are actually taken away and put into Battleworld to fight for the Super Beyonder's amusement.
What if the "Time Runs Out" is referring to 616/the Ultimate Universe falling prey to an Incursion and instead of dying, everyone wakes up on the 616/ Ultimates sections of Battleworld.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

The Question IRL posted:

What if the "Time Runs Out" is referring to 616/the Ultimate Universe falling prey to an Incursion and instead of dying, everyone wakes up on the 616/ Ultimates sections of Battleworld.

That would be really unfortunate for the Illuminati, and Namor in particular.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Zombie Samurai posted:

I wouldn't call sixteen a 'little girl', but yeah.

And it's quite good.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

The Question IRL posted:

In the Avengers/New Avengers plot lines we've seen Earth's collide and the general result looks as if both Universes are eradicated.
But what if that's not the case. What if, in fact when Earth's collide they are actually taken away and put into Battleworld to fight for the Super Beyonder's amusement.

It'd be pretty cool if Hickman (or somebody like Mark Waid) somehow got to write a Great Society ongoing out of it.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

WickedHate posted:

That would be really unfortunate for the Illuminati, and Namor in particular.

Which is why it should happen. :unsmigghh:

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Goddammit. I thought Daredevil was out today.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
God, gently caress Rick Remender. I hope the inversion stuff ends soon so I can read a good Captain Falcon story where he isn't flying around crippling people.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Senor Candle posted:

God, gently caress Rick Remender. I hope the inversion stuff ends soon so I can read a good Captain Falcon story where he isn't flying around crippling people.

Christ, I can't believe the first issue of CapFalcon is seriously an Axis tie in. I haven't had any problems with Axis at all up to this point, but that just pisses me off. Way to endear people to the black Captain America, Remender.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I didn't even read that! I read Mighty Avengers. I still enjoyed the book, and I'd probably be fine with the evil cap if we had gotten a couple good stories out of him first. Just starting him evil is the dumbest loving idea.

• Locked thread