Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Dunno who asked for it but Bloghouse on Mathis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ah1q6puF3Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goodchild
Jan 3, 2010

Mustang posted:

Also does anyone know if you get extra clothing/exo stuff from beating the campaign on the highest difficulty? I got a bunch of Atlas campaign stuff once I beat it on normal.

I got a fancy looking Veteran Campaign helmet for beating it on Vet. I can't remember the exact name and I'm not near my console right now, but it looks pretty slick.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Man sonic shotgun is so satisfying to use, just blasting people with a wall of sound :black101:. Also I think I probably suck at this game, what is a decent layout to steal?

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...
So I just did 118 rounds in Exo Coop. After I finished I found out I had a new Zombie helmet, kneepads, exo, and some other piece. Any idea what I need to do to get the full zombie set?

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

so system hack is some annoying poo poo on ground war. I just went through a game where we got hacked back to back to back, I thought I was gonna have a siezure.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So there's no transferring of data between 360 and Xbone is there? I'd rather not have to get back up to level 40 if i can help it :(

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Kizurue posted:

So I just did 118 rounds in Exo Coop. After I finished I found out I had a new Zombie helmet, kneepads, exo, and some other piece. Any idea what I need to do to get the full zombie set?

Unlock all the tiers of Exo Survial (use this guide to help you). After completing the 10th round in the final tier, a special zombie round occurs, complete this to unlock all the zombie gear.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Anyone got any configuration tips for the Xim4? I'm trying to get it close to PC feel, but having to have my mouse dpi so high feels just weird to me. I have a logitech g600 with like a max dpi of like 8.4k. It seems to me that this will take some tone to get right.

However, the Xim4 readily increased my play performance without it even being optimality set. Where as I could go rounds with under .9 KDR, I started doing 1.3 to 1.8 KDR.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

did you finish in the top 3?

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Mill Village posted:

Unlock all the tiers of Exo Survial (use this guide to help you). After completing the 10th round in the final tier, a special zombie round occurs, complete this to unlock all the zombie gear.

I know what I'm doing now.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Ok I haven't unlocked much but I highly recommend the HBRa3 with foregrip, stock, and QuickDraw. It has great iron sights. An ACOG Might be good with foregrip. Maybe I'll do extended mags instead of the foregrip when I unlock them.

Also lightweight and toughness. Rest is up to you.

What is everyone unlocking permanently when they prestige? Haven't gotten into the higher tier of weapons. Also what's closest to the mp7 and is there rapid fire?

I tired the sac3whatevers and they're a pain to control. Hate the way they aim

SlayVus posted:

Anyone got any configuration tips for the Xim4? I'm trying to get it close to PC feel, but having to have my mouse dpi so high feels just weird to me. I have a logitech g600 with like a max dpi of like 8.4k. It seems to me that this will take some tone to get right.

However, the Xim4 readily increased my play performance without it even being optimality set. Where as I could go rounds with under .9 KDR, I started doing 1.3 to 1.8 KDR.

Are you using the Ghost ST? It's the next best until they release the AW one which should be soon.

Do you have a halfway decent keyboard and a mouse with a bunch of extra buttons? I can post my super try hard control scheme with the g602 mouse if anyone cares.

Anyways make a custom lan game and gently caress around with bots. Crank the sensitivity up as high as you can tolerate, play with that for a bit, and then raise it some more. You want to be able to do a 180 with, oh, 1-2" of movement on the mouse pad? I also have my ADS set significantly lower than my hip firing

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Nov 7, 2014

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

GET MY BELT SON posted:

did you finish in the top 3?

I do now.

I'm using an old saitek 102 key key board. The mouse is a 12 button mouse.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001

Kanish posted:

so system hack is some annoying poo poo on ground war. I just went through a game where we got hacked back to back to back, I thought I was gonna have a siezure.

I ended up taking the perk that makes you immune to it, it's way too annoying to deal with and it was happening a lot last night.

]-[ate_Sandwich
Nov 27, 2000
I have yet to play a game of uplink because nobody on PC plays it. I feel like an idiot for buying this.

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

Goodchild posted:

I got a fancy looking Veteran Campaign helmet for beating it on Vet. I can't remember the exact name and I'm not near my console right now, but it looks pretty slick.

Sounds awesome, when does it expire

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
Does the game no longer tell you how many people are in each game mode?

Edit: The profanity filter didn't let me name my SMG class 'SMG'. lol

Leyburn fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Nov 7, 2014

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Mustang posted:

So apparently Gideon's VA is also named Gideon, Gideon Emery. I knew I recognized his voice, he's also Balthier in FF12.

He also voices a whole ton of dudes in Elder Scrolls and Fallout games.

Goodchild
Jan 3, 2010

Stubear St. Pierre posted:

Sounds awesome, when does it expire

I don't believe any of the campaign reward gear expires.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
Yea a PSA. The overwhelming majority of outfit stuff you get and all weapons are permanent. One or two items are special and last like 30 minutes for getting things like bloodthirsties etc.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

So does the battery charge not replenish in the single player? Because if not, that's hilariously pointless to introduce tons of new abilities and they're only available once or twice before killing the meter.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
Goddamnit I spend all morning getting hitmarkers, then I get into a game where I'm doing nothing but dubstep montage material...

And their lovely servers crash and I've lost everything I unlocked. :bang:

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Thumbtacks posted:

The Unicorn City Police Department is on the case!

now I just need a matching playercard.

emblems are the game and you are killing it

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Captain Matchbox posted:

Are the 3 shotguns really poo poo in this game? Seems like their range is really low in this iteration

The first one goes BWWWWAAAUUUMM and is excellent. The second one is abysmal. The third one is probably alright, but it's not the first one.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Pork Pie Hat posted:

The first one goes BWWWWAAAUUUMM and is excellent. The second one is abysmal. The third one is probably alright, but it's not the first one.

Spot-on. I don't think ADS on the shotgun is useful at all, though - sprinting with gung-ho and the speed perk, sliding into a hip-fire shot at point blank is insanely fun.

Oh, don't forget the laser sight and advanced rifling.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

BaronVanAwesome posted:

Spot-on. I don't think ADS on the shotgun is useful at all, though - sprinting with gung-ho and the speed perk, sliding into a hip-fire shot at point blank is insanely fun.

Oh, don't forget the laser sight and advanced rifling.

Yeah, even if it seems kind of bad, I love using the first shotgun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZF9UeE7blbg

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Nighthand posted:

Dunno who asked for it but Bloghouse on Mathis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ah1q6puF3Q

I just keep expecting him to call Mathis a try hard human being. Holy hell I'm crying.

I want to knock out some survival this weekend nerds.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Bloghouse has a topknot. News at 11.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So there's no transferring of data between 360 and Xbone is there? I'd rather not have to get back up to level 40 if i can help it :(

My neighbor has both (he got digital 360 so he could play with Frack and I; came with the free Bone version so he plays on there when not playing with us) and says that progress is concurrent on both consoles.

I don't know if he's actually playing MP on the Bone or not. I'll ask, but can anybody else here clarify?

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Why is it the game I had exactly 0 hype for turned out to be the most fun?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Christoff posted:

Ok I haven't unlocked much but I highly recommend the HBRa3 with foregrip, stock, and QuickDraw. It has great iron sights. An ACOG Might be good with foregrip. Maybe I'll do extended mags instead of the foregrip when I unlock them.

Also lightweight and toughness. Rest is up to you.

What is everyone unlocking permanently when they prestige? Haven't gotten into the higher tier of weapons. Also what's closest to the mp7 and is there rapid fire?

I tired the sac3whatevers and they're a pain to control. Hate the way they aim

Are you using the Ghost ST? It's the next best until they release the AW one which should be soon.

Do you have a halfway decent keyboard and a mouse with a bunch of extra buttons? I can post my super try hard control scheme with the g602 mouse if anyone cares.

Anyways make a custom lan game and gently caress around with bots. Crank the sensitivity up as high as you can tolerate, play with that for a bit, and then raise it some more. You want to be able to do a 180 with, oh, 1-2" of movement on the mouse pad? I also have my ADS set significantly lower than my hip firing

Did they update it to support the 602? Last I checked it explicitly didn't work.

Pretty_Llama
Nov 11, 2009

venutolo posted:

Less this:

More this:

Honest question - does Kobe murder Swaggy P on the court this season?

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

Zombie Boat posted:

I want to knock out some survival this weekend nerds.

let's do it zb :phoneb::phone:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Finally trying singleplayer, because multiplayer is basically unplayable.

Sit through opening cinematic --> change video settings --> game relaunches --> sit through opening cinematic again :confused:
Play a little bit, get exo suit online --> change settings again --> sit through opening cinematic a third time

What even.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Scatterfold posted:

let's do it zb :phoneb::phone:

Right o m8!

Guys today is Closers birthday. Send copious messages!

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Sab669 posted:

Finally trying singleplayer, because multiplayer is basically unplayable.

Sit through opening cinematic --> change video settings --> game relaunches --> sit through opening cinematic again :confused:
Play a little bit, get exo suit online --> change settings again --> sit through opening cinematic a third time

What even.

Known problem on PC. Gotta reinstall the game.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Ghosts did this since your info is stored serverside, not playerside. You could also switch back and forth between consoles and everything would transfer fine. I don't see why they would take this out since they're trying to get people to upgrade to next gen.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I can confirm it's in. My brother has been going back and forth just fine.

He even gained access to some preorder items because the Xbone digital version came with it, but the 360 didn't. He didn't have them when he started on 360 but once he ran the game on the Xbone they appeared as options.

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah

Feenix posted:

Even when I have a drop on the guy, my first melee ALWAYS loving whiffs. Ugh.

Story of my life.

Guys add me on PSN its squsrpushr. Always down to play woth groups hate playing alone

Skull Knight
Aug 2, 2013

Sexy bad choices
Lipstick Apathy

Mill Village posted:

Is there something like this, that gives guides to other unlockable gear you can get? It's just really annoying I can seem to find where a list of all of these things are, and instead you randomly collect pieces from supply drops, from some challenges, some from doing exo survival / playing campaign, etc. It's like you're wearing a clownsuit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
Anyone else have a problem where the game just lost all your local settings (on PS4)? Logged in today to play MP, and it started up like it was the first time (set brightness and everything). Control scheme was default and for some reason I'm no longer part of my clan? Loadouts are the same, but otherwise very strange.

• Locked thread