Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire

Preoptopus posted:

Some kid is selling a Lexus with a 1JZ twin turbo in it complete with blown head gasket for 3k. Should I trade him my perfectly running and reliable Acura TL?

http://madison.craigslist.org/cto/4741366873.html

2jz no poo poo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bandman
Mar 17, 2008
I'm waiting until the moment my divorce papers are signed to start going on dates. Not going to go nuts and gently caress anything that moves, but I will be out to have some fun for once in my goddamn life.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Just have fun and wrap it up!

For god sakes wrap it up.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Just have fun and wrap it up!

For god sakes wrap it up.

No poo poo. Already got two kids, don't need more and I don't need my dick to fall off either.

bend
Dec 31, 2012
I helped my current fiance out of an abusive relationship with my oldest friend, It was hurting both of them badly. Then I did the stupid and hooked up with her, but that turned out pretty well. As far as dating goes I never really got the hang of it, when I was single and wanted to hookup I'd just ask, (didn't get turned down too often either), longer term relationships just seemed to happen. Guess I'm lucky.
If you're just looking to hookup then skip the online dating poo poo walk up to the nearest person and say "you wanna gently caress later?" just don't do it to someone you know is loving crazy and you should be fine.( warning: this advice should not be taken literally, the general point is just dont gently caress around if you like someone the worst they can do is say no and trust me its not that bad. Ask why, you might be an rear end in a top hat without knowing it)

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Haven't parallel parked since getting my license and it shows.
Hope that CCTV footage doesn't end up on the net.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

what the gently caress is dating

is that some nerd poo poo

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Pretzels + Nutella (or in this case Nocciolata) == yum

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Fucknag posted:

My favourite D&D country music song - "I have a D10 to roll for dating, but always come up with 1s"

bend
Dec 31, 2012

Fucknag posted:

I think so yeah, it always seems so overcomplicated when I see people doing it anyways (says the guy with a huge DC comics poster on the wall)

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I can't tell if I look worse in photos or in person. I'll just hold my dog over my face in every picture.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

leica posted:

Umm what does it matter, tinder is for hook ups, right? I wouldn't care if you were a shoe enthusiast :v:

If you make assumptions about my ability to operate machinery based on my gender, I will not make out with you.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

goatse guy posted:

If you make assumptions about my ability to operate machinery based on my gender, I will not make out with you.

I don't think it's based on your gender, more like something like only 1 in 1000 under-30s can drive a stickshift in the US.

EDIT: I can't count the number of "car guys" I've met who can only drive an auto. They usually like Bud and think drag races are the tits.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Hell, i'm a car guy and I only recently just learned to drive manual last month :shobon:

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

When chatting to Americans online and they mention driving I do tend to ask if they drive manual or automatic.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
As a married man, y'all need to get the gently caress over desperately searching for somebody to be with. If you can't be happy by yourself, you're just going to be unhappy and stuck in a lovely relationship/marriage if you force it.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

Ozmiander posted:

As a married man, y'all need to get the gently caress over desperately searching for somebody to be with. If you can't be happy by yourself, you're just going to be unhappy and stuck in a lovely relationship/marriage if you force it.

Funfact: Tinder is really all about finding people to gently caress, usually just a few times. Ain't technology grand?

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Aaaaaaand every camera they ordered is wrong. So much for this being a two week jobber.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Sigma X posted:

I don't think it's based on your gender, more like something like only 1 in 1000 under-30s can drive a stickshift in the US.

After seeing the way men interact with other male car enthusiasts, and then seeing the way they interact with female car enthusiasts, I can confidently say that it is a gender thing. There's a reason why AI is the only car forum that I'm on these days, and it's because it's the only one where I feel I'm getting treated as an equal.

Ozmiander posted:

I'm perfectly happy by myself. I'm just looking to get laid on a regular basis.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

drat that sucks Goatse. I can honestly say I don't ask in a sexist way. I ask any dude I come across who likes cars too. I guess I'll stop asking that though since you seem to hate it.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Boss just handed me some emails about the water filtration systems in the science building throwing up some low level alarms. Check the dates, and yep, these were sent over a month and a half ago. Why the hell did it take so long to get down to me, there are only two people above me and they both see/talk to me on a daily or weekly basis. *sigh*

In regards to the manual thing, I tend to ask anyone who shows an interest in cars whether they can drive a stick, regardless of gender. Never even thought of it as a sexist thing before.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Dating sucks forever.

Drug chat: I'm not on anything and I drink infrequently. I just bought a SAD light on Amazon, though.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Super Aggro Crag posted:

drat that sucks Goatse. I can honestly say I don't ask in a sexist way. I ask any dude I come across who likes cars too. I guess I'll stop asking that though since you seem to hate it.

If you're on a dating site and want to get a response and gauge what kind of car person they are, ask them how they'd fill their garage if they had $100,000. It's a little more interesting than, "What would you buy if you had unlimited money?" or even "What's your dream car?"

A lot of sexism IS unintentional because it's woven into the fabric of our society, but it's a huge turnoff for me because I want to be with someone who is aware of the adversity that women face. The manual question may not seem like a big deal on its own, but there's a lot of little things like that which happen every day and eventually it just gets to me.

Super Aggro Crag and anyone else who uses OkCupid, I'd be happy to take a look at your profiles and give you some feedback.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

goatse guy posted:

After seeing the way men interact with other male car enthusiasts, and then seeing the way they interact with female car enthusiasts, I can confidently say that it is a gender thing. There's a reason why AI is the only car forum that I'm on these days, and it's because it's the only one where I feel I'm getting treated as an equal.

I'm perfectly happy by myself. I'm just looking to get laid on a regular basis.

I pretty much automatically feel bad for any female I see at car/bike shows or events. It's kind of sickening.

That said, so glad I'm not in the dating game now. Because I'd be hosed and not in any good ways.

Edit: also, where do you fall in using female to describe women/girls? I've seen before where people see it as sexist or something, but it's my default thanks to the military. Everything is male/female, because it's easier.

iwentdoodie fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Nov 7, 2014

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

goatse guy posted:

There's a reason why AI is the only car forum that I'm on these days, and it's because it's the only one where I feel I'm getting treated as an equal.

Well it doesn't hurt that you have a wider range of auto knowledge than a good chunk of posters here (myself included).

And never, ever stop using Tinder. It's a highlight of this forum.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Just saw an infiniti Q50S in the wild, it's so weird seeing the new retarded naming scheme, didn't think anyone still bought them.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

iwentdoodie posted:

I pretty much automatically feel bad for any female I see at car/bike shows or events. It's kind of sickening.

That said, so glad I'm not in the dating game now. Because I'd be hosed and not in any good ways.

Edit: also, where do you fall in using female to describe women/girls? I've seen before where people see it as sexist or something, but it's my default thanks to the military. Everything is male/female, because it's easier.

People have been pretty respectful to me in person, though a friend recently confided in me that everyone used to think I was a lesbian so that might explain it. :v: A couple of my cute female friends in the car community have told me the kind of things that guys will say to them, and it's sick.

I'm fine with female, but I cringe every time someone at work addresses me and my coworker as "girls." I've never felt like I am limited at my workplace because of my gender, but when someone calls us "girls" I just feel like they're reinforcing that 1960s Mad Men-esque office environment where women got paid 77 cents to every dollar a man earned.

At least I'm not being called "honey" and "sweetie" like my old boss used to. :barf:

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 213 days!)

I refer to my cars are "the girls", but not the trucks and SUV. Is that sexist, or can it be explained by the fact that I don't give a poo poo about the trucks and SUV?

You Am I posted:

My favourite D&D country music song - "I have a D10 to roll for dating, but always come up with 1s"

That sounds like a Hanlon song to me. If I can derail with TISM, I can drat well derail with Darren. :v:

jesus gently caress my head hurts im not 20 anymore i can't do this

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

goatse guy posted:

People have been pretty respectful to me in person, though a friend recently confided in me that everyone used to think I was a lesbian so that might explain it. :v: A couple of my cute female friends in the car community have told me the kind of things that guys will say to them, and it's sick.

I'm fine with female, but I cringe every time someone at work addresses me and my coworker as "girls." I've never felt like I am limited at my workplace because of my gender, but when someone calls us "girls" I just feel like they're reinforcing that 1960s Mad Men-esque office environment where women got paid 77 cents to every dollar a man earned.

At least I'm not being called "honey" and "sweetie" like my old boss used to. :barf:

How do you feel about being called "Hot Lips" and "Sugar Tits"?

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 213 days!)

I'm having the "Did I make the right decision?" second-guessing remorse today. I really miss my 'lil Bud. I think Watterson put it the quite eloquently in the last panel in much fewer words than I could ever hope to.

I don't feel like doing anything today.

West SAAB Story fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Nov 7, 2014

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

I'll HYU on FB sometime soon and have you check out my profile. I'm boring as gently caress so it's hard for me to come off as cool on my profile.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I'll HYU on FB sometime soon and have you check out my profile. I'm boring as gently caress so it's hard for me to come off as cool on my profile.

Aloof! Be Aloof! Aloof is still cool right?

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

goatse guy posted:

Is "ladies" okay? For instance, I manage a team exclusively of women. If I am e-mailing two or three of them occasionally I will use "Ladies," as my greeting.

Also about the whole driving stick thing, I think that's why I never heard back from this girl I went on a date with from OKC. I thought the date went really well and when we were leaving, I noticed she drove a Wrangler and as she was getting in I was like "Is it a five speed?" and she said "Yeah" and I was taken aback in a positive way (at least in my own estimation). It's not intentionally a sexist thing, it's just that it's rare to find anyone who drives stick, much less a woman. I guess I must have had a surprised expression on my face or something but I never heard from her again, and now I feel like a misogynistic piece of poo poo. Thanks, goatse guy!! ;)

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Some of those are six speeds and she probably thought you were an idiot.

just kidding, but some of them really are!

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

freelop posted:

When chatting to Americans online and they mention driving I do tend to ask if they drive manual or automatic.

I wish I was, but I don't have kastein's level of madness to swap my XJ to a 5-speed. Sometimes the fun poo poo to drive is just hard to find with a manual gearbox.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

kastein posted:

Some of those are six speeds and she probably thought you were an idiot.

just kidding, but some of them really are!

It was a YJ, unless they went from six speeds in the YJ to the five speed in the TJ I had...six speeds started with the JK, right?

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
End of the run TJs got 6 speeds too.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

The Midniter posted:

Is "ladies" okay? For instance, I manage a team exclusively of women. If I am e-mailing two or three of them occasionally I will use "Ladies," as my greeting.

Also about the whole driving stick thing, I think that's why I never heard back from this girl I went on a date with from OKC. I thought the date went really well and when we were leaving, I noticed she drove a Wrangler and as she was getting in I was like "Is it a five speed?" and she said "Yeah" and I was taken aback in a positive way (at least in my own estimation). It's not intentionally a sexist thing, it's just that it's rare to find anyone who drives stick, much less a woman. I guess I must have had a surprised expression on my face or something but I never heard from her again, and now I feel like a misogynistic piece of poo poo. Thanks, goatse guy!! ;)

Ladies makes me think of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3-H6-BSZE8

Personally, I'd just call them "team" or "all" or whatever. Ladies seems kinda weird in that context. When in doubt, pick something gender-neutral.

It seems fairly innocuous when you're at the end of the date and standing next to her car, so maybe she just didn't like you that much. :unsmith: Also, people on OkCupid are notoriously flaky and prone to disappearing off the face of the planet, so don't take it too personally.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

cursedshitbox posted:

End of the run TJs got 6 speeds too.

Confirmed. My sisters is a 6 speed. I don't really think there is much difference between 5 and 6, but if it saves an MPG on the highway I guess it's worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

My dream Jeep is a TJ Unlimited Rubicon. I think the two-door stretched wheelbase looks baller as gently caress. I was crestfallen when I found out that the switch to the JK Unlimited was four-door only, which I still cannot get past. Two doors or none!

The Midniter fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Nov 7, 2014

• Locked thread