Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

The_Frag_Man posted:

I wish I could get metroid prime trilogy for 50 bux.

Fix posted:

Seriously. If someone wants to hook a guy up...

Seriously, I won't be back to the GameStop until next week, but I can pick them up and send them out if you cover the price of the game and shipping. Provided they are still there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Improbable Lobster posted:

I wish that we were getting Prime Trilogy U in the near future.

Or anything Metroid related really.

Nintendo did say they were tossing around ideas for both 3D and 2D Metroids back at E3. If anything comes of it we'll just have to wait and see.

Maybe the Epic Yarn/Wooly World team will make Samus's Spandex Adventure.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
I want Sakurai to make Metroid Uprising.

(I want Sakurai to make (every video game ever) Uprising, to be fair)

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

Lord Ephraim posted:

The only Nintendo game you'll find under $20 is Metroid Other M. I could buy 11 copies of Other M for the price of one pokemon game.

In most places yes. Some Wal-Marts in Canada though?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Fremry posted:

Seriously, I won't be back to the GameStop until next week, but I can pick them up and send them out if you cover the price of the game and shipping. Provided they are still there.

I will do this deal.

Oh, and I don't know if this really is something that needed to be said, but nobody buy Sportsball. It's terrible. It has no AI at all, no online multiplayer.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

In most places yes. Some Wal-Marts in Canada though?

You could just drop $80 down a storm drain and get better use out of it.

Wild Knight posted:

I want Sakurai to make Metroid Uprising.

(I want Sakurai to make (every video game ever) Uprising, to be fair)

Man, just imagine how great Other M could have been if Adam were replaced with Palutena.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
The thing that bothers me about Other M or the whole 3D Metroid series is that it completely died, but it was such a logical advancement from sidescroller Metroid.

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?

Fix posted:

Oh, and I don't know if this really is something that needed to be said, but nobody buy Sportsball. It's terrible. It has no AI at all, no online multiplayer.

Conversely, I got to play Sportsball with actual humans for about an hour today and had a fun time. It's definitely useless if you're by yourself, but I've been following the devs for a while so I knew what to expect. :shobon: It could absolutely stand to be cheaper, considering the abundance of local-only indie games out there, but it gets people laughing and swearing all the same, and that's all I really want in life. Samurai Gunn was the same way, although I think that had AI.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I walked into Gamestop today and preordered my Kirby Amiibo.

Please do the same, goons.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

The Manticore posted:

Conversely, I got to play Sportsball with actual humans for about an hour today and had a fun time. It's definitely useless if you're by yourself, but I've been following the devs for a while so I knew what to expect. :shobon: It could absolutely stand to be cheaper, considering the abundance of local-only indie games out there, but it gets people laughing and swearing all the same, and that's all I really want in life. Samurai Gunn was the same way, although I think that had AI.

Yeah well that's where your store page should say "2-5 players" instead of "up to 5 players."

And seriously, you can't write an AI for Joust? I played a round against a wiimote with the left side of the dpad held down and it scored 14 points to my 31.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I walked into Gamestop today and preordered my Kirby Amiibo.

Please do the same, goons.

I'm going to buy my Amiibo instore at release so I can make sure I get a good one (incase there's bad batches or some weird poo poo).

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I've got 3 preordered on amazon. Link, Kirby, and Captain Falcon.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Pre-ordered the Smash Bros bundle with controller etc. and a Link Amiibo.

Between actually paying for it at Best Buy, using a pre-order card to get a discount on Super Mario 3D World at Target and pre-ordering it the minute it went live on Amazon, I've ordered it three times.

Time to cancel two of those.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
There are a bunch of new press videos for Captain Toad that show off some new stages. I thought this one was interesting - it shows that the levels are split into different "episodes" that contain around 18 stages each, and so far it seems like the first episode is all Toad levels and the second episode is all Toadette levels, with a third episode on the menu screen and room for at least one more. Maybe those additional episodes will feature different playable characters, too? Toadsworth and, uh, some arsehole from Paper Mario or something?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FBDm2JUEcQ

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

noirstronaut posted:

The thing that bothers me about Other M or the whole 3D Metroid series is that it completely died, but it was such a logical advancement from sidescroller Metroid.
The reason one of them died is a combination of Retro moving on and Sakamoto being a child who didn't like the Prime series so he tried to retake his baby. Also Other M has a lot more problems than just "man they tanked Samus' character"; Sakamoto ruined any chance for strong FPS play with the awful dumb terrible refusal to change the control scheme, they didn't add anything substantial to the gameplay beyond auto-aiming and the dodging system, combat was a mess with the sense move, the camera's angle was misleading only compounding how the combat was a visual mess at times, and they stuck to a really lifeless linear progression with the Bottle Ship.(no doubt ripped frominfluenced by Sakamoto's other title in the series Metroid: Fusion(Fusion was actually pretty alright though))

I agree that Other M did somethings right but I think it could have done a lot better.

edit; Fixed up his name. I'm fairly certain I blocked it out or something.

Gwen fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Nov 7, 2014

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

You mean Sakamoto. Sakurai's the dude who brought us Kirby, Kid Icarus Uprising and Smash Bros.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Sakamoto, not Sakurai. Sakurai is the ageless nerd who made Kirby, Smash and Kid Icarus Uprising, Sakamoto is the reggae-loving weirdo who made Metroid, WarioWare, Rhythm Heaven and Tomodachi Life and has really weird terrible ideas about 3D action games.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
For the next Metroid make it a prequel to zero mission, almost all zero suit, and bring in Kojima. Bring back Adam too, but just so he can remind Samus that this a sneaking mission and she needs to remember the basics of plasma whip combat.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Let Platinum make a Metroid game. Let Platinum make all games.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.
I have three Amiibo on pre-order. Two for me (Link and Luigi), and one for a friend for Christmas (Diddy).

Say what you will but they really make a great Christmas gift. Good price range, and not the kind of thing everyone can justify buying for themselves, especially not like a whole bunch of them.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Sakurazuka posted:

Kid Chameleon. Imagine.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

There are a bunch of new press videos for Captain Toad that show off some new stages. I thought this one was interesting - it shows that the levels are split into different "episodes" that contain around 18 stages each, and so far it seems like the first episode is all Toad levels and the second episode is all Toadette levels, with a third episode on the menu screen and room for at least one more. Maybe those additional episodes will feature different playable characters, too? Toadsworth and, uh, some arsehole from Paper Mario or something?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FBDm2JUEcQ

Do Toad and Toadette play differently at all?

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Fix posted:

I will do this deal.

Sounds good. I won't be back there until Monday, so I'll PM you if I can snag a copy.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Flint_Paper posted:

Kid Chameleon. Imagine.

Im into it

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

PoshAlligator posted:

I have three Amiibo on pre-order. Two for me (Link and Luigi), and one for a friend for Christmas (Diddy).

Say what you will but they really make a great Christmas gift. Good price range, and not the kind of thing everyone can justify buying for themselves, especially not like a whole bunch of them.

You're friends with Diddy?

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

I dig platinum but I'm not eager for Metroid to turn into a graded-encounter combat game with merely functional running through hallways between each one. Platinum can't really do the non-fighting bits well in the games I've played (Vanquish, MGR, W101, Bayo1+2)

If they want to handle combat while some other team makes the actual Metroid bits, that's cool. But not every game should be a stylish action game, and that's all I've seen out of P* so far. Maybe if there's enough Clover DNA in their blood still?

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

I don't want Platinum to make all games because some games actually have to sell.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Electromax posted:

If they want to handle combat while some other team makes the actual Metroid bits, that's cool.

I've always dreamed of this, like playing a Mass Effect game or something but when you go into the missions you're some Drell assassin badass or whatever.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
Platinum is such a weird developer. It really feels like they sit down, craft a perfect game, then look at the finished product and say Okay, now, what can we add to this that will turn 95% of people off in the first level.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
I know I was like "dude I just flipped a Metal Gear and ripped it in half in like five seconds, gently caress this trash" *trades game in at gamestop*

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Polo-Rican posted:

Platinum is such a weird developer. It really feels like they sit down, craft a perfect game, then look at the finished product and say Okay, now, what can we add to this that will turn 95% of people off in the first level.

They are testing you.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Platinum does not cater to consumer demands for chest-high walls and the headshoots.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Mercury Crusader posted:

Platinum does not cater to consumer demands for chest-high walls and the headshoots.

Vanquish
But even then if you weren't a spinning, dashing, sliding dervish of hot lead all the time and instead were patiently waiting for your turn to shoot some robotmans from behind a wall you were playing wrong.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Neo Rasa posted:

I know I was like "dude I just flipped a Metal Gear and ripped it in half in like five seconds, gently caress this trash" *trades game in at gamestop*

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if there's some Metal Gear spurgs out there who were genuinely pissed off that Metal Gears are now jobbers in the MG Universe.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

TaurusOxford posted:

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if there's some Metal Gear spurgs out there who were genuinely pissed off that Metal Gears are now jobbers in the MG Universe.

There are people who believe that Rising ruined Metal Gear by not taking it seriously.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I know the Toys R Us amiibo deal is online only, but can you do in-store pickup? I am gonna need to smash day one.

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010
Has anyone other than TRU offered a deal on free amiibos with Smash? It'd be nice if I could just walk in somewhere. If I'm stuck doing online, I'd rather do amazon.
edit: Whoa, I asked this Right after Tender Bender, but really just wanted to put the question in before going off on a 2 hour trip.

I wish the Little Mac or Captain Falcon amiibos were coming out with the first wave, though.

I'm not TOO worried about waiting 2 days for the game to arrive. My roommate is going to buy a Wii U and Smash when it comes out, despite me already having a Wii U. I'd just use his copy of Smash, but he's probably going to often take it to and leave it with some friends I half expect.

Long John Power
Sep 11, 2001

PYF Other M price.

Also anyone want one of these to hold all their amiibos?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I love that all the "Amiibo" bags they keep showing off are just... bags. There's nothing about them that specifically make them Amiibo bags.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Sprat Sandwich posted:

There are people who believe that Rising ruined Metal Gear by not taking it seriously.

I though Rising was a little too silly, but Metal Gear is routinely ridiculous, so ultimately I didn't give a poo poo.

Long John Power posted:

Also anyone want one of these to hold all their amiibos?

Hell no.

enojy fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Nov 7, 2014

• Locked thread