Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

So, first, it was Comcis making kids into raping murderers, and when that didn't work, they moved on to D&D and Video Games. :allears:

Solaris Knight posted:

Hi Howard.

I'm looking forward to Gorgeous Female Spy Adventures Kicking rear end In Boss Red Lipstick.

Yes, please! I'm hoping that next fall, we get an entire show, maybe on Thursdays. That would be so awesome.

Also, it seems Jarvis was a person. Intersting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
I thought they learned their lesson with the skip week bullshit last season.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

CapnAndy posted:

HELL YES YOU PUT KAMALA KHAN ON NATIONAL TV

Yea, that was super awesome. That was pretty much the only NOW book shown.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Please make Jim Steranko's toupee a character on this show.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE

Deadpool posted:

Why not go full monty as cast Steranko as a senior member of SHIELD? Just make him the original Nick Fury who's still kicking around and willing to show those HYDRA whippersnappers the business side of his foot.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Solaris Knight posted:

Why not go full monty as cast Steranko as a senior member of SHIELD? Just make him the original Nick Fury who's still kicking around and willing to show those HYDRA whippersnappers the business side of his foot.

As long as that they get a hydra agent named Bob Kane so he could be punched by Steranko

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Deakul posted:

...Sons of Anarchy it is.

Watching on mute is an option.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Agent Carter sneak peak. :patriot:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hell yeah!

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Javid posted:

I thought they learned their lesson with the skip week bullshit last season.

Election night is kind of a special case. Besides it's normal for most shows to lose a few weeks.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

CapnAndy posted:

No, they went mumblemumble someone made Superman mumblemumble, it's just very obvious (but very funny) refusing to acknowlege the competition and any impact on the industry they had.

I had to laugh a bit when they pointed out that comic books started getting dark and they were like, yeah we had Frank Miller writing Daredevil, and umm, the Punisher. That was the only notably adult serious comic that came out at the time. We never heard of Watchmen, or The Dark Knight returns.

Even back in the Stan Lee days they were at least acknowledged as the Distinguished Competition.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Oh my god, it's everything I imagined it would be and more. :allears:

Man, I hope it gets picked up as a full series.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
The last few episodes have had such ridiculously good fight scenes in them. This show really has just gotten amazing in a short time, from the first half of the first season to now.

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

"Inspiration, move me brightly"

Deadpool posted:

Funny story - I actually got to meet Jim Steranko last weekend at the Rhode Island Comic Con.

Really nice guy, his toupee looked as glorious in person as it does in photos! Jim walked me and a few other people through one of the large single-cell panels from Chandler (as seen below), and how this tells a complete story by following the light sources.

He actually asked me what I thought of Agents of SHIELD - he seems to loving hate it (he's only seen the first season). According to him, Coulson doesn't look like a guy who has ever gotten into a fight, and he would get rid of everyone on that show except May. I told him to give the second season a chance, as its really done a 180 in quality.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Interesting news - Costa Ronin has been cast on Agent Carter as... Anton Vanko. I'll be looking forward to that.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Agent Carter starts January 6th in the SHIELD Tuesday spot.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

BreakAtmo posted:

Interesting news - Costa Ronin has been cast on Agent Carter as... Anton Vanko. I'll be looking forward to that.

Great news, he was really good as Oleg on The Americans.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

"Let's face it, I invented it, so it works," says character introduced demonstrating a hover car that immediately fails.

Looks bad. Shame they couldn't get Joe Johnston to do the first episode, not like the guy is busy.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Sir Kodiak posted:

"Let's face it, I invented it, so it works," says character introduced demonstrating a hover car that immediately fails.

Looks bad. Shame they couldn't get Joe Johnston to do the first episode, not like the guy is busy.

Howard Stark known for being modest. He is doing episode 4

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

Howard Stark known for being modest. He is doing episode 4

Oh, nice about Johnston.

It isn't presented as a moment of excessive braggadocio, but that's presumably not a final cut of that scene, considering the glacial pacing. Will have to see it in an actual episode in its final form.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Sir Kodiak posted:

He didn't say it works the first time. Just that it works.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Kheldarn posted:

He didn't say it works the first time. Just that it works.

This doesn't seem relevant to something that's just an untested formula on a piece of paper.

I mean, I don't care about consistency with the movies. They should do whatever they want if it serves the show. My disappointment is how overwrought that scene is as compared to The First Avenger, one example of which was that there he was a fun character, an inventor who amusingly doesn't always succeed because he's so ahead of his time.

Sir Kodiak fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Nov 6, 2014

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Jonny_Rocket posted:

I told him to give the second season a chance, as its really done a 180 in quality.

You lied to a comics legend.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Irish Joe posted:

You lied to a comics legend.

His entire life will be downhill from there.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

CeeJee posted:

Great news, he was really good as Oleg on The Americans.

Oh, that's who that is? Yeah Oleg was great.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
He was. Every Russian-speaking Russian on the show does, really, but Oleg was the best part of the second season, to me.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Jonny_Rocket posted:

He actually asked me what I thought of Agents of SHIELD - he seems to loving hate it (he's only seen the first season). According to him, Coulson doesn't look like a guy who has ever gotten into a fight, and he would get rid of everyone on that show except May. I told him to give the second season a chance, as its really done a 180 in quality.

Put this man in charge of season 3.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Put this man in charge of season 3.

I'm not in favour of putting anyone who wants to get rid of Fitz in charge of anything to do with this show.

Barack HUSSEIN
Mar 20, 2003

Screams from the haters, got a nice ring to it

I guess every superhero need his theme music

Looks so awful.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Shut your loving face.

Broads, hats and old timey speed boats. Needs moar cigarettes though

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Nov 7, 2014

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Barack HUSSEIN posted:

Looks so awful.

You shut your goddamn mouth. Peggy Carter will kick your rear end with her boss lipstick and "I can't be arsed to put my hair into victory rolls, I've got arses to kick" hair.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
The comment about "glacial pacing" is pretty fair. I have high hopes for this Agent Carter stuff but yeah that scene is hopefully not an indicator of the pace of the show overall.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
How is it possible to judge a shows pacing by one single scene?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
I know, having opinions is a dangerous thing :shrug:

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Rocksicles posted:

How is it possible to judge a shows pacing by one single scene?

Why tease viewers with the worst scene in the episode?

"Here's three minutes of boring poo poo. Watch our show!"

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Maybe its one of the scenes that is finished, who knows.

I'm not defending it, although it was great. Just seems like a neckbeard thing to do, panning the entire thing from one scene, watched out of context.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Oh good. She has more chemistry with Jarvis than Stark.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I think they showed that scene because the internet was constantly asking if Howard Stark was going to be in the show.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
"The pacing in this 2:20 second clip was terrible, shows gonna be awful!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Rocksicles posted:

Just seems like a neckbeard thing to do, panning the entire thing from one scene, watched out of context.

Nobody has done this. The people commenting that the clip is bad have openly expressed that the show may be much better, that it may merely be putting a very wrong foot forward. Which, by the way, nobody expects of the people who get excited for a show based on what should be the best 2:20 they can show off. The comment is merely that if that clip is representative, that's a terrible sign.

• Locked thread