Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
New Knight up for pre-order:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/QUESTORIS_KNIGHT_STYRIX.html

Interesting that it just says it's rules will be in Conquest; hopefully that means it's coming soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
A devastating volkite chierovile and twin-linked rad-cleanser

:allears:

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

NTRabbit posted:

GW didn't even make the second one though, that was made by the guy who did the photos for the Mars Attacks project, pictures still got pulled part way through after I assume someone had a word.

It wasn't pulled, they just photoshopped out the logo.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Same difference really

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

NTRabbit posted:

Same difference really

Nope. Branding is important!

:haw:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Martians attacked Edinburgh?

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
The answer to the long awaited question, what gun does that volkite knight have? A Volkite chieorovile, what does it do? who knows, they won't tell us.
E: Beaten like Horus.

Hencoe fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Nov 7, 2014

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

krushgroove posted:

Martians attacked Edinburgh?

If Doctor Who is to be believed aliens exclusively attack the UK, so it is very likely they did.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

Pierzak posted:

Nope. Branding is important!

:haw:

Those are really great models.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.

REAL MUSCLE MILK posted:

Interesting that it just says it's rules will be in Conquest; hopefully that means it's coming soon.

For the lazy...

I think it looks cool.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
The Ad-Mech Knights are the best of the Knight variants.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
I hate the faces, though. Everything else is armored and then you just have this goofy looking hose monster for a face.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

But without the voice modulation hose he won't sound spooky

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
I'm picturing an AdMech haunted house now. "Put your hand in the bowl - feel the braaaaaains of the wretched Heretek! Now come feel the eyes of the foul xenos."

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

Bald Eagle Scourges are The Best Thing.

Ghost Hand posted:

My favorite unit in 40k...

Who are these guys?

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

REAL MUSCLE MILK posted:

The face on this thing makes it look very Noise Marine-y. It's still neat but it looks like it's 1/3 of the way to being a Chaos Knight.

Ignite Memories posted:

But without the voice modulation hose he won't sound spooky
This is the most important part.

The Sex Cannon posted:

Bald Eagle Scourges are The Best Thing.

Who are these guys?
On the right are Aaron Dembski-Bowden (bald) and Alan Bligh (larger goony looking guy), but I don't recognize the guys on the left.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Hollismason posted:

Those are really great models.

It's already on sale, and I'm led believe selling fast.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Prepare thy wallets Nid players:

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Dang, those are looking nice. The $66/3 price point isn't that much different from the old metal/Finecast price point either.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Liking the new 'Doom' - wonder if the fluff will be something like 'Hive mind realised the Doom was pretty boss, so made a bunch more of them'.

My favourite unit has to be Marine Dreadnoughts, the idea of 'this guy kicked so much rear end in life we're rewarding him by shoving him in a giant metal box so he can fight forever' screams 40k to me. Shame about the rules.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

TKIY posted:

Alright. I'm in. :shepspends:

It looks like they've done a good job of preserving the look of the metal/finecast versions though I'm assuming the neurothrope has a unique head along with the weird spine-thing.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
Been working on my Tyranid display board for the Renegade open. I figured it needed a little extra touch on it.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

TKIY posted:

Joke's on you I already own 6 metal Zoanthropes

:negative:

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Those look sweet as hell. The Neurothrope seems so happy to be able to ride a mycetic tyrannocyst that he can't contain his smile.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Safety Factor posted:

Alright. I'm in. :shepspends:

It looks like they've done a good job of preserving the look of the metal/finecast versions though I'm assuming the neurothrope has a unique head along with the weird spine-thing.

I think the Neurothrope is a whole different model. The tail curls up different and the chest ridges are very different.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

theironjef posted:

I think the Neurothrope is a whole different model. The tail curls up different and the chest ridges are very different.

His tail seems to curl exactly like the left-most Venomthrope, as far as I can see.

And taking a break from work to do the usual Tyranid business:

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

theironjef posted:

GW is really, really good at combining kits, and there's no way they'd make a second kit to look pretty much like another one for something as niche as a Zoanthrope upgrade.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
I think he's based on the model on the left side.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
drat GW. Stepping up their game!

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
Bahaha $63USD for one spore kit. And no, +6 spore mines don't make it a good deal.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

spacegoat posted:

Bahaha $63USD for one spore kit. And no, +6 spore mines don't make it a good deal.

It's generally their price point for most Monstrous Creatures. Considering it a multi-kit with a bunch of options and bits it doesn't seem like it's a huge price jump? The Rhino is a 35pt vehicle and the kit costs $38, so even basing it on a price-per-point value $63 is not bad (it would be $81 on that same ratio).

GW is expensive.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
6 spore mines is also 16 dollars (well, 9 are 24 dollars) so it's not like getting a bunch of bolt pistols or something cheap.

A regular drop pod is like 40 bucks, and only makes one kit (maybe two if they make Deathstorms or whatever).

A 50S RAYGUN fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Nov 7, 2014

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
It better be magnetizable as all get-out otherwise that's a shitload of bits I can't use for anything laying around.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

spacegoat posted:

It better be magnetizable as all get-out otherwise that's a shitload of bits I can't use for anything laying around.

Objectives! Terrain!

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
All Tyranids need now is the Parasite and they will have everything (in one form or another) that was dropped from the last codex.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

spacegoat posted:

Is there such a thing as Tyranid bits you can't use for anything?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i have like 3k points of Tyranids and I have no idea what the gently caress half this poo poo is supposed to be. ah, good. a fleshy lump with a thing on it. is this a gun? a norn crown? a mastery level? glue it all on, no one will call your bluff while every one of tau's guns is a tube that seems to go from being plasma to melta as they get closer.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
Really wondering what special psychic power the Neurothrope is going to have. After the Maleceptor I'm not super confident.

vvv Well in that case. :suicide: vvv

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
If you can tell what a xenos weapon is by sight alone than you have been tainted and must be executed by order of the Inquisition and Adeptus Mechanicus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Master Twig posted:

Really wondering what special psychic power the Neurothrope is going to have. After the Maleceptor I'm not super confident.

vvv Well in that case. :suicide: vvv

Since the rest of the rumour was correct I assume this was too: WC1 - 18" - Test leadership on 3d6, 1w for each point missed with no armour or cover save. Each wound adds +1 die to be used for Warp Lance. Not sure how it works on vehicles.

I wonder if the squad can split fire though. I want my warp lances hitting armour and the soul leech hitting infantry.

• Locked thread