Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KoB
May 1, 2009
In Bamco's latest financials, they said Z3-1 sold 400,000 units which aint too shabby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I don't know how many of you have been following G no Reconguista, but I'm really hyped for it to show up in SRW. The Reflector fight. :allears:

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

MonsieurChoc posted:

I don't know how many of you have been following G no Reconguista, but I'm really hyped for it to show up in SRW. The Reflector fight. :allears:

Hopefully they make the multiple backpacks fun instead of multiple gimmicks and the one that is objectively the best.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I just want to see Klim Nick, noted genius, get combo attacks with Bellri. Failing that, Aida and Bellri. Hell, I just want to see other Gundam characters react to Klim, since he's pretty much the greatest. :allears:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I just want to have a scene where everyone debates the merits of the pilot's seat also functioning as a toilet.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Followed by a dumbfounded Super Robot guy going "So that's what they do on long flights..."

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I cannot wait until Klim Nick and Harry Ord show up in the same game to be Quattros together.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
In general I can't wait for the next huge batch of Mecha shows to pop up together in the next big SRW series.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Pureauthor posted:

In general I can't wait for the next huge batch of Mecha shows to pop up together in the next big SRW series.

I'd love to see MJP and something like Captain Earth in a SRW game. Maybe they could salvage Valvrave as well...

Do we think GBF will ever show up?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Raxivace posted:

I'd love to see MJP and something like Captain Earth in a SRW game. Maybe they could salvage Valvrave as well...

Sillier things have been added to SRW. Maybe the GBF guys thinks this all a videogame tournament for most of the game, with all the Gundam nerds geeking out.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Raxivace posted:

I hope Build Fighters never shows up. SRW is way into unironic ridiculous large-scale spectacle and Build Fighters is into something wonderful but very different. Even assuming they could exposit their way in (and I believe it, SRW is shameless), everything lovable about the show would end up even worse off than Dai-Guard.

(I mean, I love Dai-Guard as a unit, and Akagi has some good character moments, but honestly.)

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Series I really wish would be in a good SRW:
- R-Type
- Star Wars
- Megaman (any and/or all of them)
- Xenogears/Xenosaga
- The forgotten Gundam Series (Original, F91, Victory, etc.)
- G-Reco (almost certainly getting in eventually)

And others that I can't remember right now but I'll totally go "Oooooh, yes!" when someone mentions it.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Caphi posted:

I hope Build Fighters never shows up. SRW is way into unironic ridiculous large-scale spectacle and Build Fighters is into something wonderful but very different. Even assuming they could exposit their way in (and I believe it, SRW is shameless), everything lovable about the show would end up even worse off than Dai-Guard.

(I mean, I love Dai-Guard as a unit, and Akagi has some good character moments, but honestly.)

This is crazy talk. I need my Build Fighters Try G Gundam crossover story.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

YES. I could totally see it working well in a cast list with series like Eva, RahXephon, and Turn-A Gundam.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Caphi posted:

Man there's so much in GBF that was specifically designed to be awesome in SRW though

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

MonsieurChoc posted:

Series I really wish would be in a good SRW:
- R-Type
- Star Wars
- Megaman (any and/or all of them)
- Xenogears/Xenosaga
- The forgotten Gundam Series (Original, F91, Victory, etc.)
- G-Reco (almost certainly getting in eventually)

I like Star Wars as much as the next guy, but what units would the have? X-wings and TIE fighters and poo poo? If were talking about fantasy lists, then obviously Transformers would be the ultimate series to get added

Also if you dont think Build Fighters wouldnt be amazing in SRW, then we cant be friends :colbert:

KoB
May 1, 2009

Broken Loose posted:

Man there's so much in GBF that was specifically designed to be awesome in SRW though

But really you dont even need the plot, just make it like W were I can buy the suits and slap whoever I want in them.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Dre2Dee2 posted:

I like Star Wars as much as the next guy, but what units would the have? X-wings and TIE fighters and poo poo? If were talking about fantasy lists, then obviously Transformers would be the ultimate series to get added

Also if you dont think Build Fighters wouldnt be amazing in SRW, then we cant be friends :colbert:

Star Wars has like a billion ship types, and they would be the perfect grunt enemy types.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
If we're putting in Star Wars then we should also have Legend of the Galactic Heroes for maximum space opera.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Actually, from a story perspective at least, mixing Star Wars and Macross would be pretty cool

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

MarsDragon posted:

If we're putting in Star Wars then we should also have Legend of the Galactic Heroes for maximum space opera.

Star Wars and LoGH are both dumb in a game with robots in the titles. Whose favorite SWR units are the battleship and fighter planes? Macross doesn't count.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Ethiser posted:

Star Wars and LoGH are both dumb in a game with robots in the titles. Whose favorite SWR units are the battleship and fighter planes? Macross doesn't count.

All the best battleships turn into giant robots too.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Star Wars Transformers. Death Star turns into a robot Vader. It's a thing :getin:

Emuticus
Jan 23, 2013

KoB posted:

All the best battleships turn into giant robots too.

The Death Star turns into a massive robot ala Unicron with Palpatine at the head and Darth Vader as his sub-pilot.

Darth Vader could also be a recruitable. He could come in the TIE Advanced x1.

The Millennium Falcon could have Han Solo as it's main pilot in ship mode, but turn it into Robot Mode, and it becomes Chewbacca's thing, where it's more Super than Real.

My ideas are horrible.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

LucasArts doesn't do video games unless they can be officially tied into Star Wars canon so you're gonna have to make some real leaps to pull that off.

Kaidyn
May 22, 2009

What is there left to discover about donuts...?

Ethiser posted:

Why doesn't Macross count?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Kaidyn posted:

Why doesn't Macross count?

Because it can become a robot and isn't just a battleship.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Raxivace posted:

YES. I could totally see it working well in a cast list with series like Eva, RahXephon, and Turn-A Gundam.

Like everyone else in this thread, I've got my own SRW game that I would do. Super Robot Taisen X. It would mostly follow the Xenogears story while merging every other factions with Solaris/Shevat, kinda like in Z2 with the three Empires. The featured series would be:
- Xenogears
- SDF Macross (the original, they were guarding the Eldridge, you unfreeze them or something)
- Megaman Legends 1&2 (the western half of the Xenogears map is all water)
- Gundam X
- G Gundam (Master Asia and Grahf would be working together and it would be great)
- Votoms (to spcie up the Kislev section)
- Xabungle
- Turn A Gundam
- King Gainer
- Big O (Paradigm City would be merged with Zeboim)

You could maybe squeeze in a couple more, but that's already a pretty good list. You'd choose between two characters, a real and a super, as usual. Real would start with Garrod saving Tiffa merged with Elly stealing Weltall from a Kislev base, with Real-MC being a mercenary. The path would merge early Xenogears with X and maybe Xabungle, until reaching Kislev where Votoms and maybe Gainer would enter. Super would be a super prototype with mysterious amnesiac pilot found on an island by the Megaman Legends crew, and then you'd have the entirety of Legends 1 with G Gundam and Turn-A thrown in. Then the two parts merge when you get to the Thames, where the Gundam Fight Finals take place (it'S the only location badass enough). Then the Legends 2 storyline would start afterward, with all the crazy poo poo from Xenogears and the other series merged in. Original bad guy would be working with Krelian to do somethign evil using Deus, who would be the Final boss.

I spend too much time thinking about anime robots.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

KoB posted:

But really you dont even need the plot, just make it like W were I can buy the suits and slap whoever I want in them.

Yeah, they might not be able to fit the GBF plot, but the units as bonuses would be amazing.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

If they don't want to make every series model sized all they have to do is make all of the models into suits in some sort of mobile suit fighting league and call all the builders mechanics or engineers. Characters can still sperg out about meeting the famous suits used by other Gundam characters and everything.

Ethiser fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Nov 8, 2014

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
If we're doing fantasy lists again I still want Exaxxion, Mazinger Angels, and Voltron Force.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
GAD GUARD. I don't care that I'm the only person in the world that apparently watched this show, I still want it in.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

Ethiser posted:

Whose favorite SWR units are the battleship and fighter planes? Macross doesn't count.
Well, if Macross doesn't count, but the Nadesico sure comes to mind...

And Fighter Planes is a bit unfair. They usually don't show up at all. The three I can remember are the generic Jets from OG1, which were good mostly because OG1 is really low-powered, Blue Earth (Tekkaman) from J/W which was good support if you upgraded them and Build Angel (Shin Jeeg) from K/L which was also pretty good.

I don't know, put in high-powered "planes" like Galaxy Angels into SRW and I'm sure they'll get a bunch of fans.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Star Wars had walking tanks, they were just terrible because they followed real world logic and tripped all the goddamn time.

*cough* I wouldn't mind Starcraft. *cough* *cough*

Policenaut posted:

I demand Ideon god drat it. The Great GM God has to harness the power of the Universe to murder everyone in it.

Yes, but specifically that crossover so Judau can pilot it.

HitTheTargets fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Nov 8, 2014

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I demand Ideon god drat it. The Great GM God has to harness the power of the Universe to murder everyone in it.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013

Davzz posted:

I don't know, put in high-powered "planes" like Galaxy Angels into SRW and I'm sure they'll get a bunch of fans.

Galaxy Angel has a legit robot, it's just piloted by the boy Angel team instead of the girls. And it's not very interesting.

If we could get Xenogears couldn't we also get Front Mission?

Also I'll throw Gunparade March onto the pile. It'd match up great with stuff like Fullmetal Panic and Code Geass in a 'high schoolers caught up in robot hijinks' way.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I would pay money to hear Kira's VA attempt to let out a RG SYSTEM, FULL RELEASE, BUILD KNUUUUUUCKUAAAAAGGGGHHHHHHHHH.

A ridiculous spray of gunpla technobabble would also be acceptable.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I still want a stage which is the first episode of Escaflowne, except HitomI,ss chool is also the school where all the super robot pilots go, so you'd have FMP and Mazinger and who know what else get stuck in Escaflowne's plot.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Getsuya posted:

If we could get Xenogears couldn't we also get Front Mission?

That would be nice, though we'd miss out on half the fun since they don't do the interchangeable weapon loadouts int he main series of games. And definitely not the Torso/Arms/Legs loadout. Unless they make interchangeable weapons a gimmick for just the Front Mission units.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Front Mission would probably be good for really basic grunt units but that's about it. You could probably get a little mileage out of the M.I.D.A.S. but then again pretty much every near-future mecha anime these days has their own "like a nuke, but not" sort of weapon. Maybe slap the Hoshun Mk112 as an unlockable suit as that's the only Wanzer that I know of with a beam weapon.

• Locked thread