Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flaffol
Apr 3, 2010

Quest For Glory II posted:

Well I -was- having fun in Deadly Premonition until I got to the ceiling crawlers. Also what the gently caress. Why can I not aim higher than 3 feet off the ground. I can't even do the tree puzzle because of this. The ceiling crawler fight was bad enough but I can't even aim at the apples to shoot them. I have never had any kind of problem like this in any other kind of game.

I ran into this problem while playing the game. Strangely, the solution was to run the game in windows 98 compatibility mode. The camera simply would not move while aiming otherwise. Keep in mind that some things are impossible if you can't aim up/down. They're mostly optional things, but I almost couldn't finish the game because of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
http://www.bundlestars.com/store/joylancer/

I dunno if anyone was waiting for this to come out, but for whatever reason it's somewhat cheaper on Bundle Stars.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

It looks pretty cool and I'm glad people are trying other aesthetics than just NES graphics. There's a demo on Steam too.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
Sorry, Nettle, there used to be this massive freeware game thread I thought I had bookmarked here on SA.
Apparently, I don't and it has fallen into archives.

Znae
Aug 13, 2009

Eviscerating that man on the operating table isn't that big a deal, just go back to medical school real quick and give it another shot.

Justin_Brett posted:

http://www.bundlestars.com/store/joylancer/

I dunno if anyone was waiting for this to come out, but for whatever reason it's somewhat cheaper on Bundle Stars.

Slow downs and graphical glitches in the trailer are a nice touch.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I don't know if I can tolerate that music.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

RadicalR posted:

Sorry, Nettle, there used to be this massive freeware game thread I thought I had bookmarked here on SA.
Apparently, I don't and it has fallen into archives.

It's all good, maybe I will start one, there's often silly little things like the free payday 2 masks or sims 3 store stuff that gets totally missed.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

A-ni-me. A-ni-me. A-ni-me.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

I know it's hard to beat body pillows and mouse boobpads, but there's something about wall scrolls that just scream PEAK ANIME to me.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
If anyone is interested, it looks like GMG has Valkyria Chronicles for 13.79 in their VIP section which I think is the cheapest I've seen it so far.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

I hope the game itself has a lot of pantyshots, too.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Amazon has Titanfall keys on sale for just ten bucks.

Only redeemable through Origin, unfortunately, but hey, ten bucks!

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Niggurath posted:

If anyone is interested, it looks like GMG has Valkyria Chronicles for 13.79 in their VIP section which I think is the cheapest I've seen it so far.
Gamersgate shows it to me for $10 something (and you can bring it lower with a coupon), but maybe that's because they finally see I'm from Russia). A few years back they offered us Euro prices and the only way around that was to create an order through a VPN and then pay normally.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Any good deals on GMG atm? I have a 25% voucher which expires on monday, I already bought valkyria chronicles with 25% off.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Excellent

Phetz
Nov 7, 2008

Daddy like...
Fun Shoe

Silver Falcon posted:

Amazon has Titanfall keys on sale for just ten bucks.

Only redeemable through Origin, unfortunately, but hey, ten bucks!

I was really interested in Titanfall when it came out but wasn't able to pick it up at the time. It looks great but I hear it doesn't have a whole lot of content and the player count has suffered as a result. Are there still a lot of people playing?

VVV Sold!

Phetz fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Nov 7, 2014

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Not sure on PC, it's fine on XB1.

Still an amazing game, easily worth it for $10.

Rage McDougal
Jul 28, 2013

"...for personal use"

Well, at least they know their audience.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

Be advised, Blizzard just announced their first new IP in 17 years.

It's Team Fortress 2 with Firefall's art style.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Zombie Samurai posted:

I cannot believe how much TF2 it is. Are they pissed about the Dota2 thing, or something?

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

Zombie Samurai posted:

You have me curious, what's the name?

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

Overwatch. They literally just announced it like 15 minutes ago, so give it some time to show up online.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Overwatch actually looks pretty good. It's like a Disney movie meets TF2.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

e: fb.

maduin
Mar 4, 2003
does it have hats though? otherwise, it's doa.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Zombie Samurai posted:

Isn't this what Titan was supposed to be?

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

al-azad posted:

Titan was a Wow-successor, I thought.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

al-azad posted:

Titan was supposed to be a new MMO, they moved that team for the most part to WoD's team instead, which is one of the reasons that expac got delayed.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Jonathan Yeah! posted:

Titan was a Wow-successor, I thought.

According to some information trickling out after its cancellation, it was going to be an FPS deathmatch mixed with MMORPG live-another-life style gameplay. No screens and very little information came out of the project but I would not be surprised if they're dropping the MMORPG aspect and making a straight up deathmatch style game with the same assets.

e:

Kotaku posted:

All of the people who described the game to me made a lot of Team Fortress comparisons both in terms of aesthetics and gameplay. Three people who saw the game have compared the aesthetics to Team Fortress 2, with one source describing it as a cross between StarCraft II's in-game cinematics and Pixar's The Incredibles. Your perspective would switch between first- and third-person based on whether you were heading into combat or hanging out in a city, according to two sources—not unlike Bungie's Destiny.

Yeah, they're totally salvaging Titan. Which is fine, they spent 7 years and countless money on the thing. Might as well turn that work into something.

al-azad fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Nov 7, 2014

smenj
Oct 10, 2012
It seems that GTA: San Andreas has just gotten a ~400MB patch on Steam. If you have the game, I'd wait before downloading it. Skimming the community forums, it seems that the patch removes a bunch of songs they no longer have the rights to (as well as fixing some widescreen bugs and controller issues, I think?). Don't exactly want to risk downloading it myself to check. If this is true, though, then it's complete bull. When Vice City had the same problem, they simply created two different versions on Steam - one for those who'd bought it before the music was removed, who got to keep it, and one for those who bought it afterwards.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

Overwatch website is up.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS
I, of course, would be the turret transformer.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
The concept is pretty neat. It's basically a superhero FPS.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Jamfrost posted:

I, of course, would be the turret transformer.

Over the guy who can cloak and whose ability looks to be "everyone in this room is dead now because I know Gun-kata from Equilibrium?"

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS

AngryBooch posted:

Over the guy who can cloak and whose ability looks to be "everyone in this room is dead now because I know Gun-kata from Equilibrium?"

I like the idea of becoming the very thing I've placed in so many games.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I'm more interested in the girl who can rewind time???

There's so much mobility and flashing colors in this game that I can see it turning into a nightmare of people zipping around like Sonic the Hedgehog. They'll need to nail their netcode down or else it'll seem like you headshotted someone only to have them zip into the backround.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Jamfrost posted:

I like the idea of becoming the very thing I've placed in so many games.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
Huh, those ubisoft titles are still gone in the UK.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

ShredsYouSay posted:

Huh, those ubisoft titles are still gone in the UK.

It's likely GAME getting exclusivity nonsense again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Yep, okay, I was glad I forgot this existed until right now.

• Locked thread