Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
smenj
Oct 10, 2012

ShredsYouSay posted:

Huh, those ubisoft titles are still gone in the UK.

Ubisoft always do this with their bigger titles in the UK, and have done for years. They usually eventually come to Steam, but not until it's out on Uplay. Sometimes they come to Steam at the same time, sometimes it takes a month or so. Either way, you can't preorder any of their stuff on Steam in the UK. No idea why they do that here and nowhere else, but hey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
After watching that cinematic trailer - Overwatch: Welcome to the superhero world where everyone has guns but the guns don't actually do anything to anybody.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Nov 7, 2014

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Quest For Glory II posted:

It looks pretty cool and I'm glad people are trying other aesthetics than just NES graphics. There's a demo on Steam too.

I gave it a try and it's a neat idea. Your basic mechanic is a motorized lance you can charge up, which lets you move faster, jump higher, and deal more damage. Pretty much anything you do besides walking and jumping will deplete the charge, but you can build it up pretty fast, and it also blocks enemy attacks so you don't get hit if you need to do it in combat. I might give it a shot once I beat some of the platformers I already have around.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

smenj posted:

Ubisoft always do this with their bigger titles in the UK, and have done for years. They usually eventually come to Steam, but not until it's out on Uplay. Sometimes they come to Steam at the same time, sometimes it takes a month or so. Either way, you can't preorder any of their stuff on Steam in the UK. No idea why they do that here and nowhere else, but hey.

As I said, I've heard it's something linked to GAME. GAME's whined a ton about steam hurting their sales and managed to wrangle Ubisoft into their ideas, likely though contractual means.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Looks fun as hell, TF2 has been stale to me for a long time.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Overwatch stream:

http://www.twitch.tv/ludwigtv

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Motherfucker that Overwatch game looks fun as gently caress.
I want to be the gundam dude and spam rockets everywhere.

It's also Pixar as hell, love it.
Actually, more like Dreamworks Animation maybe?

Deakul fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Nov 7, 2014

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
6v6 combat, everything is an objective map (hi TF2), I'm really liking this concept.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

I like how Tracer is Hal Jordan getting Dr. Manhattan powers after getting help from Professor X.

Edit: I like how Blizzcon camera men do "honey shots" like it's the World Cup.

Tezzeract fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Nov 7, 2014

Orv
May 4, 2011
Maybe they won't try to stuff terrible monetization schemes down the throats of people in the beta this time!

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.
Update on the coupon code I posted earlier. It looks like (by which I mean I know for a fact) it works with both Killer is Dead and Valkyria Chronicles

http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/killer-is-dead-with-funstock-rice-coupon-code/

So that makes Killer is Dead £5.59 and Valkyria Chronicles £12.39. Not the cheapest I've seen either but they're pretty good prices for the moment I think?

Be sure to comment on that article about how great the price and/or deal is and how cool I am because then I look good at work.

e: I usually write funny stuff on that website if anyone cares.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
I'm not buying it but GMG sent me an email about Valkyria Chronicles being $13ish (USD) in the "VIP Section"

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Drifter posted:

After watching that cinematic trailer - Overwatch: Welcome to the superhero world where everyone has guns but the guns don't actually do anything to anybody.

Kid friendly guns.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
I'd also appreciate a new freeware games thread 'cause I'm all over that poo poo.

I have so many games that I've never played more than 2 hours but will never delete because I think I'll get around to them some day. :getin:

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Drifter posted:

It's like if Pixar did G.I.Joe.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Well, I guess it's time to submit a ticket to Blizzard to get my missing-for-four-years authenticator removed from my account.

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry
I finally got around to play some LEGO games and started out with LEGO Batman: The Videogame and had a blast.

How would you rate the LEGO games, either compared to each other or within groups like First Ones, Open World etc.?
Are there any DLCs that are essential for any of the games?

This goes for all that are on sale now, but also the Disney ones, that are not (ever?) on sale:
Batman
Batman 2
The Hobbit
Lord of the Rings
Harry Potter
Harry Potter: Years 5-7
Marvel Super Heroes
The LEGO Movie
Star Wars Saga
Star Wars 3: The Clone Wars
Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures
Indiana Jones 2
Pirates of the Caribbean

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Gilok posted:

Well, I guess it's time to submit a ticket to Blizzard to get my missing-for-four-years authenticator removed from my account.

When I did this for Diablo III they were very helpful but the support person was also roleplaying as a cute female night elf. I'm not kidding about this.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Yodzilla posted:

When I did this for Diablo III they were very helpful but the support person was also roleplaying as a cute female night elf. I'm not kidding about this.

Holy crap, I had this person as support for Hearthstone.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Yodzilla posted:

I don't see the issue here.

Angel Medic is cool, as a support main I'm all for Angel Medic.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Fart of Presto posted:

I finally got around to play some LEGO games and started out with LEGO Batman: The Videogame and had a blast.

How would you rate the LEGO games, either compared to each other or within groups like First Ones, Open World etc.?
Are there any DLCs that are essential for any of the games?

The lego games are literally all the same. If you're going to play more than one, I guess go for the Batman 2, Marvel, or Lord of the Rings.

They're all the EXACT same gameplay though.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Yodzilla posted:

How do you manage to work in elf role-play while you're helping remove an authenticator?

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Dias posted:

I don't see the issue here.

I wasn't complaining!

Jonathan Yeah! posted:

How do you manage to work in elf role-play while you're helping remove an authenticator?

She giggled and said some elfy Warcrafty things idk I don't know a drat thing about Warcraft lore.

e: alternate answer - very carefully

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry

Drifter posted:

The lego games are literally all the same. If you're going to play more than one, I guess go for the Batman 2, Marvel, or Lord of the Rings.

It's totally fine as the kids friendly difficulty level suits me fine. I was just under the impression that some were better than others story-wise and that at some point they changed from rather linear platformers to open world platformers.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Speaking of LEGO games since I know people have been talking about them, you can get all of the current Lego Marvel and Batman games (Except 3) for 15 bucks right now.

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/lego-superheroes-bundle/

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Drifter posted:

Well, with the exception for pirates of the caribbean. It has a fun setting with the pirates but it is so badly made it's an insult. The loading times are minutes, and you have three or four before getting to a map. This was on an ssd too.

Marvel is probably the most fun what with all the flying guys.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
My son loves LEGO Marvel and from the ones I've played with him (Batman, Harry Potter, and this) it's the best one.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Fart of Presto posted:

It's totally fine as the kids friendly difficulty level suits me fine. I was just under the impression that some were better than others story-wise and that at some point they changed from rather linear platformers to open world platformers.

Heh, story wise?

The ones that have original stories are the super hero ones and they're just standard comic book stuff.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Gilok posted:

This was me an hour ago after seeing robo-Dhalsim floating through the gameplay trailer of Overwatch.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Ragequit posted:

Looks fun as hell, TF2 has been stale to me for a long time.

Same here. I love TF2, but I didn't even bother with the most recent event as all. Hopefully this doesn't have Blizzard's really slow pace of releasing things, especially something tailor after TF2.

[edit] Thinking now, this is really the real successor to Super Monday Night Combat. Which I liked that game before the company behind it became really awful and tried to hide a bitcoin mining exe in the game.

Rirse fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Nov 7, 2014

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Drifter posted:

The Harry Potter years 4-7 game is quite obviously aimed at a much younger audience than The Hobbit, and it's also older, unless you really love Harry Potter or have a young child, I'd avoid it. It doesn't even have any narration in the cutscenes!

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

No hope they'll ever revert the San Andreas patch probably. Not only did they remove songs, they took out the 1080p option (worked fine before) and also old saves don't work. People are saying the controls are hosed too.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

AlmightyBob posted:

No hope they'll ever revert the San Andreas patch probably. Not only did they remove songs, they took out the 1080p option (worked fine before) and also old saves don't work. People are saying the controls are hosed too.

I got excited when they mentioned fixing controller support, but unfortunately it's PS2 styled, so no analog accelerator/brakes, it's all or nothing on the triggers.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Only Rockstar would go back and make their previous ports worse.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Does San Andreas on Steam require it to hook into Steam or could I strip it out of the Steam folders and never update it?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

They also pulled the PS2 classics version from PSN store, and are apparently planning to replace it with an HD release of the mobile port. At least I get to keep the old version intact in my downloads list.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Orv posted:

Does San Andreas on Steam require it to hook into Steam or could I strip it out of the Steam folders and never update it?

There are people on the steam forums that are saying they'd backed up the old version and are doing exactly that, don't know if it works.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

I can't believe the lovely-looking remake of Gold Rush is retailing at 35USD.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Crappy Jack posted:

I got excited when they mentioned fixing controller support, but unfortunately it's PS2 styled, so no analog accelerator/brakes, it's all or nothing on the triggers.

It also apparently changed the driving physics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Nettle Soup posted:

The Harry Potter years 4-7 game is quite obviously aimed at a much younger audience than The Hobbit, and it's also older, unless you really love Harry Potter or have a young child, I'd avoid it. It doesn't even have any narration in the cutscenes!

The Harry Potter games are awesome, shut up!
I miss when LEGO games didn't have dialogue, the miming and sounds they made were awesome.

• Locked thread