Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Sex Hobbit posted:

I have never once pooped hard enough to splash my cheeks. Are you putting your entire butt inside the bowl or what?

Do you not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Nastyman posted:

Do you not?

I prefer the floor myself like a animal

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Lmbo if you don't have a healthy pressure

Sometimes turds are just the right length where they plop and splash. How is this strange to anyone?

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

I think they might all be shelf-pooping Germans, I really do.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

Sex Hobbit posted:

I have never once pooped hard enough to splash my cheeks. Are you putting your entire butt inside the bowl or what?

Toilets in the states have really high water levels. Sometimes you drop a turd that's heavy enough to get a little splash. The upside is that bowl tends to stay cleaner.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

AKA Pseudonym posted:

The upside is that bowl tends to stay cleaner.

As someone from another country who visited the USA, this statement is incorrect.

It wasn't the dropping of the turd itself, but the way your shitters drag it back through by sucking all the water out.

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

The Dutch also have poo poo shelves. When I moved into my boyfriend's house here in the Netherlands (I came from the UK) it had one and it was the worst thing EVER, poo poo sticks all over it because there is no water in that part of the bowl and the stench is unbelievably awful. Permeated the whole apartment. It is definitely not a life hack unless you are some kind of fecophile.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Shelf toilets are dumb and only slightly more civilised than making GBS threads on the floor like a animal.

gently caress. I can’t tell what’s a parody and what’s not anymore.

(Allegedly, it prevents soggy sausages.)

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Platystemon posted:

Shelf toilets are dumb and only slightly more civilised than making GBS threads on the floor like a animal.

Or you could just grill them.

And if there's no grill, just pan sear them.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
They taste way better cooked in any other way anyway. I seriously don't get why people boil their hotdogs or sausages.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

Rudager posted:

As someone from another country who visited the USA, this statement is incorrect.

It wasn't the dropping of the turd itself, but the way your shitters drag it back through by sucking all the water out.

I'm coming up on 8 years of experience with Euroshitters. I know what I'm talking about here. I never had a toilet brush on standby back in the states, I just had to give it a scrub every once in a while. Now I have a fancy chrome toilet brush holder sitting next to both toilets cause I use them all the time

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Having recently experienced quite a few American toilets, I can confidently say that this is one area where the US is way ahead of Europe technologically. Your toilets are basically indistinguishable from magic.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
US toilets flush 4 liters of water every time you pee. They're poo poo. I've also never seen a poop shelf toilet, and I've been to all the countries that allegedly have them. I'm pretty sure they're made up by US goons to justify their water wasting habits.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

moerketid posted:

The Dutch also have poo poo shelves. When I moved into my boyfriend's house here in the Netherlands (I came from the UK) it had one and it was the worst thing EVER, poo poo sticks all over it because there is no water in that part of the bowl and the stench is unbelievably awful. Permeated the whole apartment. It is definitely not a life hack unless you are some kind of fecophile.

There are variants of this toilet where there's a bit more indentation in the shelf so a little water stays in to carry crap out. The trick is to lay down a bit of paper so the poop can surf its way out without staining the bowl. Unfortunately, your boyfriend was an awful person who did not care to do this.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

davidspackage posted:

There are variants of this toilet where there's a bit more indentation in the shelf so a little water stays in to carry crap out. The trick is to lay down a bit of paper so the poop can surf its way out without staining the bowl. Unfortunately, your boyfriend was an awful person who did not care to do this.

Having lived in a shelf toilet household, the toilet paper boat is the way to go.
Also, as much as I dislike that type of toilet, my house never stank of poo poo, so I think it says something about their diets

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Smelly posted:

They taste way better cooked in any other way anyway. I seriously don't get why people boil their hotdogs or sausages.

Here's a cool instructional video on how to prepare sausages or hotdogs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w46Dwh4TMGA

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.
So what you're saying is that someone stands to profit from making an automatic poo poo shelf paper dispenser and selling it to these third-world hell holes? #economyhacks

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Kajeesus posted:

US toilets flush 4 liters of water every time you pee. They're poo poo. I've also never seen a poop shelf toilet, and I've been to all the countries that allegedly have them. I'm pretty sure they're made up by US goons to justify their water wasting habits.

gently caress you. I poo poo and piss in a modern American toilet. It has two flush modes, a piss mode which, yes, uses 1 gallon per flush for piss, and one and a half for poo poo, which isn't ideal, but it does have one feature your toilets don't: it has overflow protection. That's right, it's less likely to overflow and flood my bathroom with poo poo water if someone clogs it.

Bad Roy
Jan 29, 2008

Animals are like humans, always being dicks.

Sex Hobbit posted:

Check out Johnny Light Shits over here. I live in the UK with our half empty toilets and even I've suffered an arse splash in my time.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Bad Roy posted:

Check out Johnny Light Shits over here. I live in the UK with our half empty toilets and even I've suffered an arse splash in my time.

Oh those are the fuckin worst arent they.
I dont public backsplash on my rear end.

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!
I'm taking a poo poo while reading actual poo poo talk. Amazing. I will report no splash back on my American toilet.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

kizudarake posted:

gently caress you. I poo poo and piss in a modern American toilet. It has two flush modes, a piss mode which, yes, uses 1 gallon per flush for piss, and one and a half for poo poo, which isn't ideal, but it does have one feature your toilets don't: it has overflow protection. That's right, it's less likely to overflow and flood my bathroom with poo poo water if someone clogs it.

Yes, this is the 21st century. Most toilets have overflow protection. Is overflow a common problem where you're from? :crossarms:

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Kajeesus posted:

Yes, this is the 21st century. Most toilets have overflow protection. Is overflow a common problem where you're from? :crossarms:

Overflow, not back flow, dude.

Also, don't have kids, they sometimes try to flush stuff that shouldn't.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli

Platystemon posted:

An actual book for sale in Japan: http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E4%BD%9C%E...%83%BC%E3%83%A0

It has a recipe for sushi in a condom.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Stop talking about making GBS threads you fucks.

Authentic life hack, you're welcome.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Platystemon posted:

Those are called steamed hams.

Mindless
Dec 7, 2001

WANTED: INFO on Mindless. Anything! Everything! Send to
Pillbug

Platystemon posted:

They're doing sous-vide wrong.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

kizudarake posted:

Overflow, not back flow, dude.

Also, don't have kids, they sometimes try to flush stuff that shouldn't.

Jesus christ why are you so proud of your lovely rear end toilets. Reasonable toilets have a bowl bigger than the cistern feeding them. They won't overflow unless you're deliberately double- or triple-flushing a clogged toilet.

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax

Smelly posted:

My Parents would boil brats in Guinness for a bit before putting them on the grill because we are alcoholics from Wisconsin.

Rickycat has a new favorite as of 16:08 on Nov 7, 2014

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Boil them in beer then sear them in a pan. Problem solved.

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

Non Serviam posted:

Having lived in a shelf toilet household, the toilet paper boat is the way to go.
Also, as much as I dislike that type of toilet, my house never stank of poo poo, so I think it says something about their diets

Or have a regular toilet and not have to make loving poop rafts.

About the house stinking of poo poo, that house was a loving tiny apartment in Utrecht in one of those human filing cabinet type setups, it was like 5 paces from one end of the house to the next. Surprised you couldn't smell the neighbour's poo poo in them (you could very clearly hear the upstairs neighbour's poop falling in the water if you were unlucky enough to be in the toilet at the same time though).

Lifehacks: don't live in the Netherlands

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Rickycat posted:

My Parents would boil brats in Guinness for a bit before putting them on the grill because we are alcoholics from Wisconsin.

Wait, there's some other way people prepare brats besides boiling them in beer and then grilling/pan frying them?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

In the middle of a fight with your partner? Just belittle them! If they roll over and take it, then marry them!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Shwqa posted:

In the middle of a fight with your partner? Just belittle them! If they roll over and take it, then marry them!

I dunno man...this might be one of those things. I can't remember what they're called though.

A joke. That's what it is. A joke.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Shwqa posted:

Geesh, first the poo poo derail and now a lovely attitude. Lighten up, man.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I tried to see if there were any amazing birth control life hacks. And all I turned up was a list of birth control myths. I am both happy and disappointed in that outcome.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Karma Monkey posted:

:shrug: I didn't know goons felt so deeply about capes and bad puns. I would assume the condom hotdogs and pooping advice are also jokes but here we are.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Karma Monkey posted:

*Hands you a cape* Now you're super mad!! :yayclod:

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Evilreaver posted:

I laughed when I read the hack and I laughed when I read this. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Evilreaver posted:

Imagining augmented Constanza making that :yayclod: face just puts it over the top.