Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Alright, I thought it was just a technical limitation, not a publishing one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.
Also, Octavarium is also multitrack, I just didn't have it marked as such. Whoops.

farottone
Oct 18, 2013

C3 Author

TrojanNemo posted:

There was a 10 minute limit imposed on RBN songs by Harmonix. We don't have that limitation.

And tell us, who is responsible for removing that burden and allowing us to author 10+ minute songs without having to go crazy?

The T
May 29, 2010

A sufficiently chaotic system is maximally fair.

farottone posted:

And tell us, who is responsible for removing that burden and allowing us to author 10+ minute songs without having to go crazy?

I remember reading about there being some limitation where band animations wouldn't play past 10 minutes, I think? So you guys did get that fixed? What was the whole story?

pksage posted:

Also, Octavarium is also multitrack, I just didn't have it marked as such. Whoops.

This is fantastic, I was a tad disappointed when I didn't see the multitrack mark next to it. :D

Demp
Nov 5, 2003

GLORIOUS
Welp, I guess I know what I'm doing today. Thanks, guys!

TrojanNemo
Jun 18, 2014

The T posted:

I remember reading about there being some limitation where band animations wouldn't play past 10 minutes, I think? So you guys did get that fixed? What was the whole story?

The 10 minute limitation was imposed by HMX arbritrarily. Maybe to keep it easier to quality control RBN songs, maybe to keep file size down, who knows. Once that limitation was in place, getting a 10+ minute custom involved all kinds of messing around. The final result would be missing lipsync and some things that Magma was required for, since Magma wouldn't cooperate.

Once I got my hands on Magma and began modifying it, that was one of the first things to go.

Demp
Nov 5, 2003

GLORIOUS
Hey guys, any reason that every song except for Fatal Tragedy, Beyond This Life, and Finally Free show up as demos for me? I've downloaded and redownloaded them and even put the 2x bass versions on there and they don't seem to work.

EDIT: Did a little looking around on the C3 forums and figured it out. Customs!

Demp fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Nov 7, 2014

TrojanNemo
Jun 18, 2014
I've gone ahead and fixed the files and tested them on my Xbox. They all show as normal (not Demos), and they play. Go enjoy! Sorry for the many mishaps today. Complicated day.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

farottone posted:

Now get on something heavier. Like The Devin Townsend Project - The Mighty Masturbator. :getin:

But for serious, you guys keep doing great things! Never stop. :3:

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

First off: Thanks for your excellent releases! Scenes is one of my favourite albums and its really fun to play and sing.

(pro) Drum sections feel like hardest thing I've played yet. I normally play on Hard difficulty and this is first time I've faced long sections of constant fast bass pedaling.
Isn't that usually reserved for expert versions? Hard-difficulty usually gives breather breaks every 5-10 pedal notes.

EDIT: Now I'm up to Dance of Eternity and my right leg is dying. Or possibly wanting to murder someone.

Issaries fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Nov 8, 2014

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Manuel Calavera posted:

Now get on something heavier. Like The Devin Townsend Project - The Mighty Masturbator. :getin:

But for serious, you guys keep doing great things! Never stop. :3:

cheeeeeeseburger

cheeeeeeeeeeseburger

cheeeeeseburger

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Told you I would post the link in this thread, here are my x360 Beatles guitars and Drum set for sale in SA Mart. Like I said before, I don't really know the value and I'm not looking to gouge, just get a fair price for money to put towards a PS4.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3680113

Kenderama
Mar 12, 2003

Herding Nerds from
2007-2012

The T posted:

Yeah, to be clear, all I meant was; I was a HUGE Dream Theater fan and love everything from their start up until Systematic Chaos (Black Clouds was... ok?). But after Portnoy left I just... didn't see the point anymore. I don't know why but I just love Portnoy and everything he does.

When C3 puts out anything from before Black Clouds, I am more than ecstatic!

Speaking of improv-ed stuff, that track Three Minute Warning from Liquid Tension Experiment is also a blast to listen to.

Have you checked out "Flying Colors"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=?k-jFtyHWUfI

Mike Portnoy on drums, Neal Morse, Steve Morse and a few others. Really good stuff.

The T
May 29, 2010

Kenderama posted:

Have you checked out "Flying Colors"?

I namechecked Flying Colors in the post right above the one you quoted. ;)

Kenderama
Mar 12, 2003

Herding Nerds from
2007-2012
That is what I get for coming back 3 days later to post something because I didn't wanna do it on my phone and then forgot. :) On the upside it made me find out they had a new release back at the end of September, so new tunes to listen to tonight!

farottone
Oct 18, 2013

C3 Author
So, tomorrow there's this release that's gonna be slightly bigger than the usual, not use you've heard about it.

The T
May 29, 2010

farottone posted:

So, tomorrow there's this release that's gonna be slightly bigger than the usual, not use you've heard about it.

Finally, the complete works of Nickelback.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!

farottone posted:

The complete discography of the hidden fart microphone in the Abbey Road bathroom? Digitally remastered and stem-extracted for multitracks?

farottone
Oct 18, 2013

C3 Author

pksage posted:

The complete discography of the hidden fart microphone in the Abbey Road bathroom? Digitally remastered and stem-extracted for multitracks?

It was supposed to be a an Easter Egg...

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

pksage posted:

where is orange harrison to take this case

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Their cover of The Sounds of Silence is truly some of their best work.

farottone
Oct 18, 2013

C3 Author
Tomorrow make sure to peruse the minisite if you want to discover some stuff and check out the songs.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

All through the day, I me mine

Kaboobi posted:

where is orange harrison to take this case

I charted the Pro Mode support.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Genesis plz

Anonymouse Mook
Jul 12, 2006

Showing Vettel the way since 1979

Kaboobi posted:

Genesis plz

There must be some misunderstanding.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Well we've been waiting, waiting here so long.

Anonymouse Mook
Jul 12, 2006

Showing Vettel the way since 1979

I'm counting out time here!

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

We got punked. There is no Genesis pack.

Frothing at the mouth to click 80 tiny links one by one and then wait until 9pm when I can actually play them.

Kenderama
Mar 12, 2003

Herding Nerds from
2007-2012
This is truly a Land of Confusion.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I don't know any Genesis songs off the top of my head so I can't make any bad jokes.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Anonymouse Mook posted:

I'm counting out time here!

Hoping it goes like they planned it.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
We're just putting some finishing touches on some contributions we got at the last minute. The full release will Follow. You Follow Me?

Kenderama
Mar 12, 2003

Herding Nerds from
2007-2012

pksage posted:

We're just putting some finishing touches on some contributions we got at the last minute. The full release will Follow. You Follow Me?

All the days and nights!

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

elf help book posted:

I don't know any Genesis songs off the top of my head so I can't make any bad jokes.

You and the commies in Australian political commentary as it turns out.

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
Supper might be ready but these drat customs aren't.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
C3 releases for November 14, 2014:

Genesis Chronicles

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

pksage posted:

Genesis Chronicles

So great. Big ups to everyone involved. Hit on a lot of the songs I wanted from the non-full albums as well, with only a few left out. I'll just have to learn how to custom author Duchess in. Got my new (used) guitars just in time. This weekend is going to involve playing 79 Genesis songs.

Edit: Also this site is pretty awesome.

Kenderama
Mar 12, 2003

Herding Nerds from
2007-2012

pksage posted:

Genesis Chronicles

Holy crap. You are gods.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

No pro guitar tracks? What is this garbage?

(this is amazing and you are all incredible)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
The album downloads are appreciated. I would have probably passed on a lot of songs if I had to download each individually as I know next to nothing about Genesis save their hits. I'm thinking of playing through everything in one giant marathon and possibly streaming it this weekend. Any word on the total length of all the songs?

• Locked thread