Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Bec towers over Tecia. They look like they are in different weight classes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Pat seems a bit punchy :(

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

CommonShore posted:

Pat seems a bit punchy :(

Yea, that rambling rant was uh not making a lot of sense and very emotional

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.

Yuriy posted:

not making a lot of sense and very emotional

I dunno, this is pretty much Pat Barry's fighting career summed up entirely.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

It was even before that. As soon as he opened his mouth - he was slurring a bit, and saying weird poo poo. It just went downhill.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
You can tell Rose is actually from Milwaukee because Polish last name + Actually pronounce Milwaukee correctly. I was so conflicted because a Pettis sweep would have been funny but I used to train at Duke's place when Rose was there and it would suck if she lost.

I feel like the in-cage training with Anthony and Alex was such a perfect summary of why naturally talented athletes make bad coaches. Alex was just trying to copy the kick he's showing her and he's all "OK now also think about these 7 other things at once while also still doing the kick correctly. What do you mean you can just multithread doing a kick?" It was the same way the couple times he filled in for the normal kickboxing instructor for the intermediate classes at the gym. I'd be just working on trying to mix up two different combos from the same setup (say a jab-cross-hook and a jab-cross-leg kick) and all he can think about is the 90 cool things I can totally do off of that leg kick but am not nearly insanely gifted enough to be worrying about at that particular moment. It's hard to even comprehend how perfect you have to be mentally and physically to be a UFC level guy.

On another note, Rose looked absolutely amazing in that fight. She landed most of what she threw, followed up on strikes whenever they created openings, and mixed in the takedowns enough to keep things unpredictable for Alex. A ballet of carnage from beginning to end. I hope she continues to perform at this level for the rest of the show.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
The sidekick to the body that pushed Alex halfway across the cage was a beauty.

e: also the spinning jumping roundhouse kick or w/e

Lloyd Boner fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Nov 6, 2014

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
honestly hope Tecia Torres just loving destroys Bec next week. Love Bec but was disappointed to see her fall into this Mean Girl poo poo that Carla & Felice have been stirring up. They've lost sight that Torres didn't control the decision to come back and that it's not a loving team sport.

Tecia loving up Felice:
http://youtu.be/7-azpZZa4TQ

That's literally all you have to know about this petty backstory, not Tecia cheated in some tournament

Bec is a capable fighter but after watching Mizuki Inoue outbox her at Invicta FC 6 I can't see her measuring up to Tecia.

Bec vs Inoue [who was 18 at the time] - http://youtu.be/Vm6kc13R73s

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Rose looked very much like a complete MMA fighter and honestly her offense stacks up very well - her striking looks better than JoJo's.

I haven't watched her loss to Tecia and I'm curious to do so now because she throws a lot of crisp technique, is unpredictable, and has decent MMA wrestling and great jits. Tecia is a good athlete but is kind of predictable and doesn't excel anywhere, so I wanna see how that fight played out.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Here it is on Fight Pass, gonna have to give that a watch later too.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Also while Alex kind of got blown out the water, her counter punching did look pretty good and she really got Rose's attention with that right hand over the top that forced her to disengage and reset. Pettis might not be the best coach but I think he's right that Alex had a much better chance in that fight if she threw more hands and didn't constantly move backwards from Rose's offense.

Sucks that she's 35 though. Maybe smaller fighters can have more career longevity?

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

You can tell Rose is actually from Milwaukee because Polish last name

Lithuanian actually

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Lloyd Boner posted:

Here it is on Fight Pass, gonna have to give that a watch later too.

Okay so I'm not sure how Torres won this fight. I mean I kind of do, she threw lots of ugly punches that didn't connect but she looked really busy. She also threw tons of kicks and Bendo won tons of fights doing this, so maybe there's something to kicking a lot in MMA. But Rose generally got the better of the exchanges except in round 2, landed the cleaner harder strikes, had Torres defensive whenever she was on her back, and spent most of round 3 in top position. But jesus Tecia got a 30-27 and 2 29-28's and I'm just not seeing it.

Rose's defense is generally good, she has good head movement and generally knows when to angle away from combinations and get out of the pocket. She's kind of vulnerable to a forward-charging fighter who's just gonna dump tons of volume at her since she responds with just single punch or kick counters.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

1st AD posted:

Sucks that she's 35 though. Maybe smaller fighters can have more career longevity?

In male sport it's the exact opposite; if you're small and fast to start with, you're screwed when you slow down. If you're big and slow, not so much of a problem - see the UFC heavyweight division, most are mid thirties.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

colonel_korn posted:

Lithuanian actually

Ah, the soft J threw me. I never actually asked her about her ancestry any of the times she was training while I was there, but Rose is a really popular name with Poles in Milwaukee, so I made a guess :effort:

Either way, the point is that soon Milwaukee will own two belts in the UFC. You can move to Colorado, but you can't ever lose the M'waukee accent.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

So apparently Heather is still fighting on the finale. So much for a nine month to a year layoff? :confused:

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
JoJo vs Rose really feels like it should have been a semi-final fight.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Yay Rose :woop:

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.

Lloyd Boner posted:

So... guessing Rose is who Dana was calling the Ronda of the division.

In that she was massively hyped after three fights?

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Dead Snoopy posted:

honestly hope Tecia Torres just loving destroys Bec next week. Love Bec but was disappointed to see her fall into this Mean Girl poo poo that Carla & Felice have been stirring up. They've lost sight that Torres didn't control the decision to come back and that it's not a loving team sport.

Tecia loving up Felice:
http://youtu.be/7-azpZZa4TQ

That's literally all you have to know about this petty backstory, not Tecia cheated in some tournament

Bec is a capable fighter but after watching Mizuki Inoue outbox her at Invicta FC 6 I can't see her measuring up to Tecia.

Bec vs Inoue [who was 18 at the time] - http://youtu.be/Vm6kc13R73s

Inoue's a monster though. Getting outboxed by her isn't some black mark.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Too bad the next round of episodes' non-fight sections are likely to be more generalized and less focussed on the people fighting because an hour of nothing but Thug Rose and JoJo sounds extremely watchable. They both seem among the most grounded in the house in addition to being pretty ladies.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Too bad the next round of episodes' non-fight sections are likely to be more generalized and less focussed on the people fighting because an hour of nothing but Thug Rose and JoJo sounds extremely watchable. They both seem among the most grounded in the house in addition to being pretty ladies.

Jojo is adorable and Rose is going to be a star so this is a good guess.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I had Calderwood tagged as a smart, good person based solely on the interview segment where she said the house was crazy so she just kept her head down and stayed out of it for the most part.

That whole "abuse" segment from Rose was really odd. I thought I had zoned out and missed exactly what kind of abuse she was talking about but as it went on I realized it was just edited in an strange way to keep the segment about abuse in general. Like...I think they let her say she was sexually harassed a lot and let people extrapolate from there? It was weird.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Pat posted this: http://youtu.be/yI1cvTjA_I0

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

I adore Pat :)

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Did I hear wrong or did Thug Rose tell Kron Gracie she was on her period during her cry? I bet it'd be nice to get that out of the way during your first fight rather than the others. Other than that: fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Scott808
Jul 11, 2001
The scene in the kitchen with Bec and Angela bitching about Heather is so catty it's unbelievable. Bec, Angela, and Rose all hate Heather (given how she's portrayed, okay, fair enough) and don't like hanging out with her, so Heather hangs out with Team Pettis since it seems like they'll socialize with her, so Bec and Angela hate her even more for that? Lisa seems to catch poo poo, too, and she doesn't even cause enough drama to get any screen time beyond the first intro episode and her fight episode. It seems like the whole TUF storyline this season is Angela, Bec, and Rose hate Heather and Heather is annoying.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Did I hear wrong or did Thug Rose tell Kron Gracie she was on her period during her cry? I bet it'd be nice to get that out of the way during your first fight rather than the others. Other than that: fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

No, Rose did mention "it's that time of the month" when she was in the corner crying.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I laughed hard at the "I'd rather be wrong and happy" line or something like that. What the hell was she talking about?

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

PaganGoatPants posted:

I laughed hard at the "I'd rather be wrong and happy" line or something like that. What the hell was she talking about?

That harassing Clark about a "fake" injury made her happy and she's fine with doing it even though it was wrong. D'oh.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

doverhog posted:

That harassing Clark about a "fake" injury made her happy and she's fine with doing it even though it was wrong. D'oh.

And she wonders why she keeps getting poo poo on. KARMA!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

PaganGoatPants posted:

What? She said you can either be right or you can be happy so instead of being an rear end and standing her ground, she apologized to Heather and got it off her shoulders.

I mean, it was dumb anyway, but it wasn't THAT stupid.

mewse
May 2, 2006

fatherdog posted:

Rose is a baaaad lady. I like the way she mixes side kicks and roundhouses, it's unpredictable.

Rose's standup was fuckin amazing. Her punches are ludicrously fast.

e: One of the things I really liked was when Rose waited until Alex was in range and snapped a punch at her, it landed clean and Alex fled backwards, Rose didn't chase her. Was like "if you get in my range you're going to get tagged"

mewse fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Nov 8, 2014

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
I know that time of the month ranges from "mild irritation" to "I'm dying" depending on the woman, but I can't imagine having to go through a God damned cage fight during it. That must blow and never crossed my mind.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Also everyone saying Pat Barry sounded punchy have obviously never heard him talk when emotional before. If you just watched your significant other go through that you might be a bit emotional.

sausage king of Chicago
Jun 13, 2001
also, possibly nervous since he was on loving television being interviewed.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
Rose may be my favorite fighter so far, holy poo poo. I loved the part where she punches Alex clean, and Alex jumps back, but Rose just stands her ground.

Also those kicks she was throwing while waiting in the back had me going,"wow." Roses's strikes are really, really impressive. Fighting when she was on her period and fighting like a totally winner makes me like her even more.

I'm not sure about the spiritual stuff, especially with the brunette chick - who I really don't like - but it's whatever.

Jupiter Jazz fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Nov 8, 2014

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Himuro posted:

Rose may be my favorite fighter so far, holy poo poo. I loved the part where she punches Alex clean, and Alex jumps back, but Rose just stands her ground.

Also those kicks she was throwing while waiting at the punching bag repeatedly had me going,"wow." Roses's strikes are really, really impressive. Fighting when she was on her period and fighting like a totally winner makes me like her even more.

I'm not sure about the spiritual stuff, especially with the brunette chick - who I really don't like - but it's whatever.

Sounds like you might have a vitamin D deficiency. You might want to see a doctor. Calcification on your third eye can be permanent if you don't take action.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Himuro posted:

Fighting when she was on her period and fighting like a totally winner makes me like her even more.

hahahaha you weird loving goon

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Marching Powder posted:

It's not really that weird to become more of a fan of someone after they fight at a disadvantage and win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

Marching Powder posted:

I don't see how that's weird? I respect it a lot. When your hormones are out of whack and your emotions are stronger and intensified? And you get in the cage like it's nothing and put up a fight like that?

Jupiter Jazz fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Nov 8, 2014

• Locked thread