Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

pacific rim, that's it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

SuperMechaGodzilla, who's gimmick is to over-analyze popular media to a ludicrous degree. Opinions differ as to whether this is funny as hell or boring and stupid.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Posted SuperMechaGodzilla. Mainly posts in CineD. CoolCab has been quoting him re: superman to give you an idea of his posting

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
CineD is bad because all the regulars try and imitate SMG's style which is already played out.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
R.Mute are there biker gangs in Belgium?

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
the best thing is when he makes unambiguously correct points about how e.g. the avengers has really bad cinematography and then some big comic book fan screams about how that stuff doesn't matter because it's only a movie

R. Mute posted:

pacific rim, that's it

he likes transformers too

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

comes along bort posted:

yes because wcpss has had it in one form or another since the 70s

It's odd- a econ-based redistribution system seems like an excellent way to erode the problems of segregation and resource mismanagement in school systems without tripping the real problems of a straight race program. How well does it work?

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

VanSandman posted:

CineD is bad because all the regulars try and imitate SMG's style which is already played out.

But hating smg for that is like hating Shakespeare for Twilight

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

visceril posted:

R.Mute are there biker gangs in Belgium?
yeah, pretty much every country has them probably

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

VanSandman posted:

SMG is annoying. I don't care how much of Zizek's cock he shoved down his throat, but he keeps describing the event in detail with every post he makes.

SMG owns completely and has improved my life

At least the part of my life the watches movies.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Because of SmG I enjoy the STar Wars prequels. Is that not a great gift.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

R. Mute posted:

yeah, pretty much every country has them probably

Huh. I figured there wasn't enough highway or enough of a car/bike culture to generate Hell's Angels-types in smallish European countries.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

euphronius posted:

SMG owns completely and has improved my life

At least the part of my life the watches movies.

agreeed

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

visceril posted:

Posted SuperMechaGodzilla. Mainly posts in CineD. CoolCab has been quoting him re: superman to give you an idea of his posting

gently caress am I?

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

CoolCab posted:

gently caress am I?

Oh poo poo! Haha if you weren't you were posting like him. See:

Captain_Maclaine posted:

SuperMechaGodzilla, who's gimmick is to over-analyze popular media to a ludicrous degree. Opinions differ as to whether this is funny as hell or boring and stupid.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Berke Negri posted:

is that new not-alpha centauri game good or wait for patches?

It's fun at first and (ymmv) feels different enough not to just be a big Civ V mod like some people have said, but the middle game starts to drag and the endgame is poorly implemented. I don't regret pre-ordering it but if you're meh about it you won't go wrong to wait a year or whatever for the DLC/expansion that (hopefully) gives you more win conditions than "research one of these techs and then build this corresponding wonder."

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Pre-ordering is for chumps.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hahah yeah gently caress thinking about things.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

visceril posted:

Oh poo poo! Haha if you weren't you were posting like him. See:

yeah i have no idea who that is, i'm just half drunk

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Eu4 is the best civ game available.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

visceril posted:

Huh. I figured there wasn't enough highway or enough of a car/bike culture to generate Hell's Angels-types in smallish European countries.
they probably wouldn't exist if it weren't for american biker gangs. like you have a couple of hells angels chapters, the outlaws, the bandidos and so on. they're all pretty recent too - i think the hells angels may have been first... in 1997. they actually have their own little rivalries and do the usual petty gang stuff like guns and drugs. it's all lame as poo poo.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

CoolCab posted:

yeah i have no idea who that is, i'm just half drunk

and the code has been cracked, my friends

euphronius posted:

Hahah yeah gently caress thinking about things.

Xylo please make this the title of DnD/my avtext

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Way back in the late 90s there was a Civ clone called Imperialism, based on a Europe-like made up world spanning from the late 18th to early 20th centuries, that I really enjoyed. I should really dig through my old CDs and see if I still have my copy.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
AoE 2 is the best computer game I have ever played from that era

Once in a while I bust out age of myth but it's just not the same

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

visceril posted:

AoE 2 is the best computer game I have ever played from that era

Once in a while I bust out age of myth but it's just not the same

One of my college buddies was big into AoE 1 and 2, and I thought they were decent enough but eventually got tired of RTS as a genre since single-player takes so long to get through a single mission, and that was the period where online multi got not-fun as it was, and is from all I can tell, full of homophobic loudmouths who insist there's one, and only one, correct way to play.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

euphronius posted:

Because of SmG I enjoy the STar Wars prequels. Is that not a great gift.

sounds more like a curse to me

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

visceril posted:

and the code has been cracked, my friends

lex luthor is still the good guy when i'm sober, i'm just less inclined to naval gaze about it. i haven't even got to how he's batman. wealthy, ruthlessly single minded, obsessive, a sociopath, brilliant, constantly battling impossible alien threats using only his wit, resolve and inventions? they're the same loving guy.

they both even have promise-to-kill-superman rings for fucks sake

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

CoolCab posted:

lex luthor is still the good guy when i'm sober, i'm just less inclined to naval gaze about it. i haven't even got to how he's batman. wealthy, ruthlessly single minded, obsessive, a sociopath, brilliant, constantly battling impossible alien threats using only his wit, resolve and inventions? they're the same loving guy.

they both even have promise-to-kill-superman rings for fucks sake
but batman is also bad. they're all bad. all superheroes are code for facism or at "best" for randian objectivist masturbation (iron man)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

VanSandman posted:

sounds more like a curse to me

Why do you hate life.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

R. Mute posted:

but batman is also bad. they're all bad. all superheroes are code for facism or at "best" for randian objectivist masturbation (iron man)

Are there Belgian superheroes? Does Tintin count?

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Chantilly Say posted:

we've got plenty of comics, but no superheroes i know of. must be an american thing

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

R. Mute posted:

gotham is a town where everyone is mentally ill

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

euphronius posted:

Why do you hate life.

why do you believe poo poo is fun to roll around in

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

also has anyone else been having problems with youtube being absolutely terrible as of late? or is it chrome loving up again? they're both bad.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

R. Mute posted:

right, and that's why super villains are the interesting ones. they're the real heroes: strawmen written by randroids that when you examine in the slightest you realize are absolutely correct and actually kind of interesting for what they say about the writers, the boogymen of their time period, and what people were supposed to be afraid of. it's not surprising a bunch of them are almost astonishingly racist. speaking of...

Chantilly Say posted:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

VanSandman posted:

why do you believe poo poo is fun to roll around in

Life

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

the best franco-belgian comic is gaston lagaffe/guust flater. i won't hear any different.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

fetlife maybe

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

R. Mute posted:

we've got plenty of comics, but no superheroes i know of. must be an american thing

There are non-American superhero comics but they don't seem to dominate their respective national comic spheres the way American comics is like 95% superheroes.

2000 AD owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
it will never stop being funny to me when comics nerds are surprised that its a dead medium compared to how it used to be

• Locked thread