Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

TKIY posted:

Since the rest of the rumour was correct I assume this was too: WC1 - 18" - Test leadership on 3d6, 1w for each point missed with no armour or cover save. Each wound adds +1 die to be used for Warp Lance. Not sure how it works on vehicles.

I wonder if the squad can split fire though. I want my warp lances hitting armour and the soul leech hitting infantry.

You don't need split fire on psychic powers I thought. You can target as many different units as you have powers to cast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
The question is, is it one per army, or one per unit.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Hencoe posted:

The question is, is it one per army, or one per unit.

If it's per unit then dual podding squads of Zoans w/ Neuro will be a tourny staple. Still leaves you room in Elites for a Venom/Malanthrope.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Master Twig posted:

You don't need split fire on psychic powers I thought. You can target as many different units as you have powers to cast.

Could very well be, I play Fantasy more than 40k so I'm not the sharpest on the rules.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

The board is just about done. Still need to redo the basing on several of the models to match the board and rest of the army. The spore eggs you see there, they glow from LEDs on the inside. Just doesn't show up on a photograph.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

I kinda hope the neuro is an HQ choice so there are more good hq's to choose from than just the flyrant.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Godamnit Forgeworld when are you releasing Iron Warrior legion heads + torsos

Ghoooost Haaaaaand :argh:

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

DO IT TO IT posted:

I kinda hope the neuro is an HQ choice so there are more good hq's to choose from than just the flyrant.

Faeit has been dead on with this one so far, and here's the latest:

quote:

I have some more details for you on the Neurothrope
the Zoanthrope and Neurothrope have the same stat lines, and unit composition is 1.
The unit may include up to 5 additional Zoanthropes, and if the unit is 3 or more, you can upgrade one model to a neurothrope.

Both are psykers mastery level 2, with the obvious shadows of the warp, synapse, and come with the standard warp field 3++. In addition to warp blast, ta brood with a neurothrope knows spirit leech.

The leaks are out, but the primary difference for the models is a large horn above its head, and some spiked blades or horns coming off of a protruding spine that arcs above the back of its head.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

TKIY posted:

Faeit has been dead on with this one so far, and here's the latest:

Holy poo poo, 6 warp lances on one cast sounds hilarious

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Kind of a long shot, but I was hoping to make up some documents that look Imperial in nature as props - stuff that looks like the Inquisition or the Administratum could have written them as memos or something of the sort. Does anyone know of any links or resources that might help in this regard? Google isn't helping very much.

Von Humboldt
Jan 13, 2009

TKIY posted:

If it's per unit then dual podding squads of Zoans w/ Neuro will be a tourny staple. Still leaves you room in Elites for a Venom/Malanthrope.
Not entirely sure on that. It's a lot of points in one basket that can arrive late and can either be tied down or destroyed by a lot of units in CC. They have, essentially, all the combat chops of a Tactical Marine, and 6 Tacticals isn't exactly going to win many combats. It's not bad, mind, and I think a lot of players will happily burn extra Elites slots on some of these guys in a pod, but it's ultimately something like a Sternguard Squad with more hopes to jump through to do your damage and arriving later in the game.

The other big thing is if Soul Leech is a Witchfire. If it is, just like Psychic Shriek, you'll have a chance to flub the shot when you manifest it. I'm thinking it will be, and as a guy who makes extensive use of Psychic Shriek, that roll to hit is a pain in the rear end. If it isn't, I might agree with you on it being a staple - just pointing at a unit and going "hope I roll low, sucker" is pretty brutal.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

PantsOptional posted:

Kind of a long shot, but I was hoping to make up some documents that look Imperial in nature as props - stuff that looks like the Inquisition or the Administratum could have written them as memos or something of the sort. Does anyone know of any links or resources that might help in this regard? Google isn't helping very much.

Try and find some of the Imperial Armour books, especially the Anphelion Project, they have all sorts of cool stuff in them that look like Munitorum reports and print outs of vox casts.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

PantsOptional posted:

:v:

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Looks like as long as I make it in Caslon Antique and stick to the basics of "how to kill this and how it will kill you" I should be fine.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
So tomorrow up up against a full green tide + 4+ invulnerable relic KFF with warboss with fearless banner, and a dok for FnP. I'm having to run foot guard for campaign reasons.

How the hell do I wipe out 4++/5+ Orks? I'm running two 50 man blobs, but I fear it will eat my shooting and wash me away in assault!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Doesn't that relic have a rather small bubble? It's not the end of the world but yeah las guns to toughness 4.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Get ready for the " A Psychic Unit cannot cast the same spell more than once a phase" to start for the Zoanthropes.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

Hollismason posted:

Get ready for the " A Psychic Unit cannot cast the same spell more than once a phase" to start for the Zoanthropes.

Isn't it already this way? They can only cast Warp Lance once, it's just Assault X, where X is the number of zoanthropes in the brood.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Rumour is the campaign has a new chart on Psychic Powers for Tyranids and a change to Shadow which will be really good. It's cool to see Tyranids get some love, but seriously when is the Speed Cult for Orks going to come out.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Nov 7, 2014

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

PantsOptional posted:

If you can, try to get the Munitorium manual which had a whole bunch of forms towards the end for various things related to the IG such as requisition of weapons and ammunition. Those might be helpful for ideas.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

Is this whole month just a big apology to Tyranid players? Because it feels like it.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Hollismason posted:

This is already the case. Note unit, so even if you have multiple guys with the same power *coughseerstarcough* they can only attempt - pass or fail - a power once.

Von Humboldt
Jan 13, 2009

Lord Twisted posted:

So tomorrow up up against a full green tide + 4+ invulnerable relic KFF with warboss with fearless banner, and a dok for FnP. I'm having to run foot guard for campaign reasons.

How the hell do I wipe out 4++/5+ Orks? I'm running two 50 man blobs, but I fear it will eat my shooting and wash me away in assault!
If you have a Vindicare, this is a decent time to try him out. The Mek and Painboy can only LOS on a 4+ versus his shooting, and you have a choice between ignoring the Invuln or trying to force multiple wounds onto the characters. Of course, your opponent could just clutch out and make his Saves or FNPs, but you could also drill the Mek through the head turn one and save yourself a lot of trouble.

Barrage Weapons can also do a number. I know you're on foot, but I don't know if that rules out your artillery and it certainly doesn't rule out Mortars. Since wounds have to be taken from the center of the shot, you can plop a Barrage on top of one of his characters and pile hits onto him. Of course, most of them will be passed off on a 2+ LOS, but with enough hits, they'll die. If you can take a Manticore or Basilisk, all it takes is one failed LOS and one failed Invuln.

Also, if you don't already, shove a Priest in each of your blobs. They will become Fearless assholes that can potentially cut down a lot of Orks before they can swing in assault if the Priest gets his power off, and can still sit there and tie up the Orks for days afterward. It will become a glorious battle of attrition that you may or may not win, but there certainly won't be Orks harassing any other units you have and there won't be much left to clean up if the Orks do breakthrough.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Lord Twisted posted:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Master Twig posted:

Is this whole month just a big apology to Tyranid players? Because it feels like it.

For some reason this makes me think that some day we'll get the missing IG kits back again or something.
Still would've love to see plastic Kasrkin. Even if that'll never happen. :smith:

ADudeWhoAbides
Mar 30, 2010
Hey fellow Warham Goons,

If you're anywhere in driving distance of Lancaster, PA, spend $25 and go to Fall In and hit the flea market. Just this afternoon I picked up two, new on sprue, Dark Eldar Raiders, High Elf and Chaos Warrior magic cards, the DE combat cards, and a metal Grimgor for a whopping $55.

There was a lot of old stuff too, most of it at pretty cheap prices.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Master Twig posted:

It does seem like they deserve it.

Speaking of de facto apologies, I can't wait to try out some of IA13's units on the tabletop. I sort of wish that they had also taken the opportunity to introduce broader 30K-style options to 40K chaos marines, but I understand that wasn't really the objective of the book. The Lost and the Damned army list will serve as an olive branch for now.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
Do people ever use Tarantulas? I find the models pretty cool and my usual table is a cityscape so I think it would be funny (forge a narrative) to drop 3 lascannons in a street and bottleneck enemy armor.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Have to admit if this is par for the course for the Campaign books, IE new units etc.. I super look forward to future Campaign books. Looks like GW is finally taking a page from Forgeworld and using these big campaign books to introduce new units and include rules with the figures.

Something I hope they update their whole line for.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

The tyrannocyte is up for pre-order and the description is kind of gross:

quote:

Spat from the quivering orifices of hive ships

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

It's like a meat-pineapple

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
All the new Tryranid pod things remind me of the flying spaghetti monster

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I know it's very 40k, but I don't get why eyewitness are being executed. It's not like Tyranids corrupt like Chaos.

Do they genocide any planet that encounters Xenos, or what? No wonder the Imperium's failing.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
It's mostly a joke. There's not even an option to not kill the discoverer.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Improbable Lobster posted:

It's like a meat-pineapple

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Not sure if this was posted yet, but GW is putting the new Tyranid rules up free to download on Black Library: Link here!

For friendly games/environments I can't see ever assembling the Tyrannocyte as the Tyrannocyte. The Sporocyst looks better to me, and then you get a Mucleid Spore out the deal as well.

I'm starting to think the 5 x Venom Cannons is the best option for guns as well. AP4 in a list that doesn't have much AP better than 5, and can penetrate a lot of rear armour at S6. Since it has the equivalent of inertial guidance you can drop it right behind whatever you want to kill pretty safely.

Tequila Ranger
Sep 11, 2004

host after host after host ...

TKIY posted:

Not sure if this was posted yet, but GW is putting the new Tyranid rules up free to download on Black Library: Link here!

The rules for the Toxicrene and the crappy one are also available on GWs website on their individual product pages.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Has anyone here played BFG as move-move-shoot-shoot and does it fix any issues with the game?

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

TKIY posted:

For friendly games/environments I can't see ever assembling the Tyrannocyte as the Tyrannocyte. The Sporocyst looks better to me, and then you get a Mucleid Spore out the deal as well.

Aside from the Mucelid Spore plugged onto the underside I can't see a difference between the two models. They have the Tyrannocyte modeled with the claws open and closed, and the former looks just like the Sporocyst to me. I'd just assemble a Sporocyst and count it as whichever you feel like fielding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
It's all dirty uncouth xeno heresy to me either way. Not in any shape or way approved by the Immortal Emperor.

• Locked thread