Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!
That means you have HUGE ESSENCE!

RIP AND TEAR YOUR ESSENCE!!

TheRealestMatt posted:

I like all games. :)
And that is why you're the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
The best friends are my favorite YouTube game people because they seem real. They're not trying to be the next pewdiepie by shrieking randomly and using jump cuts like Nerd3 and they're not trying to put on some fake persona like the [adjective] gamer. They're just dudes who like games and are also funny sometimes.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Overbite posted:

The best friends are my favorite YouTube game people because they seem real. They're not trying to be the next pewdiepie by shrieking randomly and using jump cuts like Nerd3 and they're not trying to put on some fake persona like the [adjective] gamer. They're just dudes who like games and are also funny sometimes.
I used to think "it'd be cool if they got as popular as the Yogscast", then I saw what fame did to that crew and decided "maybe it's best if they're popular, but not TOO popular".

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

I used to think "it'd be cool if they got as popular as the Yogscast", then I saw what fame did to that crew and decided "maybe it's best if they're popular, but not TOO popular".

Liam's a 15 time world heavyweight champion, he's not gonna let that fame get to his head.

Waifus
Lolita
Respect

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

They shoulda never let Liam spit wit Wiz Khalifa

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Blockhouse posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8wEqlixNvA

this may be the best, dumbest video they've ever put out.

Yeah, I like their LPs, but these types of videos are my favorite. :lol: at the MURDER BOARD (had to give it emphasis because its a board talking about murder, you see). Woolie hates Kung Pow.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

They shoulda never let Liam spit wit Wiz Khalifa

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'm pretty sure Liam ghostwrote this poo poo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djI6nc9EVMM so dude got rap credentials, get off his rear end, haters. :colbert:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I remain pure and clean of having ever seen a wrestling match, but Liam as John Cena is a pretty loving great running gag. Also goddamn Woolie and Pat just sitting down and playing Bayo at a loving party.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Kaysen eating hotdogs is more horrifying than anything that happened during the shitstorm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUwLwf9Uq4w

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
Can we just combine lore and have it be Cena in the vents? Just a scene of two people scared in a dark room and that Intro music kicks in and THE CHAMP IS IN THE HOUSE!

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Rhonne posted:

Kaysen eating hotdogs is more horrifying than anything that happened during the shitstorm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUwLwf9Uq4w

I lost my poo poo so hard at that entire hot dog scene

I need to buy this game and the soundtrack

I need swery to continue living

Marshal Radisic
Oct 9, 2012

So we can pretty much confirm Kaysen is a demon again, right? Because...'tis no man, but some kind of eating machine.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Kaysen's true evil lies in his ability to consume all of the food in your house like a leech. Like that roommate who always says he'll pay you back for stealing stuff from your fridge but never does.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

CJacobs posted:

Kaysen's true evil lies in his ability to consume all of the food in your house like a leech. Like that roommate who always says he'll pay you back for stealing stuff from your fridge but never does.

Ahh so he's like history's other greatest monster.

"Go on. Eat your hamburgers, Kaysen."

Commissar Ken fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Nov 7, 2014

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013
Aw poo poo this weekend is Canada Cup. I know Woolie has basically dropped out of the competitive fgc but I'd still love to see him (try to) compete.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

CJacobs posted:

I mean, David just takes one bite out of his food before tossing it, so perhaps it's for the best.

It's not like David's the one buying the food either.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

TheRealestMatt posted:

I like all games. :)

So we're getting a Friday Night Fisticuffs for Ultimax then, Matt? :)

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THa5Osv_7ws

aww yeah, let's watch some nerds complain about items in Smash!

(It's actually a pretty good video)

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!
Any chance of them uploading at 60fps?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Mesothelioma posted:

Any chance of them uploading at 60fps?
I think I remember them saying that their capture card didn't do 60fps a while back.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The Kins posted:

I think I remember them saying that their capture card didn't do 60fps a while back.

Does Pat not record? Because if ever he does, I'm pretty sure the 970 (he mentioned on the podcast that he got a GeForce 970 recently, right) has Shadowplay on it - that can record at 60 fps if I'm not mistaken.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Question for Matt, if a game shows up on Fisticuffs does that discount it from future Fisticuffs when newer versions come out?

Like you all seem to enjoy Persona Arena... except ironically for you. Same with Smash, with U coming out friends and I were wondering if you dudes were doing something with it and would kinda be a shame if this removed it from the "pool".

Edit: I'm fully aware I'll look like a idiot if I start the video tomorrow and it's the first thing the team mentions.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Spiritus Nox posted:

Does Pat not record? Because if ever he does, I'm pretty sure the 970 (he mentioned on the podcast that he got a GeForce 970 recently, right) has Shadowplay on it - that can record at 60 fps if I'm not mistaken.

Another person I watch tried shadowplay a while back, he didn't find the quality to be that good, and doesn't do seperate audio tracks.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Like you all seem to enjoy Persona Arena... except ironically for you.

How is that ironic?

Also 8 player 2 controller a piece Smash U confirmed for future shenanigans.

Also Liam confirmed for being a fun hating war criminal. Filthy item racist.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
I really hope the Brawl episode is them playing one match, going "man this sucks" and switching to Project M for the rest of the episode.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Just get 4 Amiibos and you'll be good for 8-player Smash.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

TechnoSyndrome posted:

I really hope the Brawl episode is them playing one match, going "man this sucks" and switching to Project M for the rest of the episode.

I hope the Brawl episode is them having fun with what is also a really fun game and they never mention Melee or Project M once and the entirety of the youtube comments turns into a hate spiral because they don't. Also Liam's name tag needs to be NtCme

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Oh please, you know the first trip will probably piss off Woolie or Pat. Liam wouldn't be needed.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Commissar Ken posted:

I hope the Brawl episode is them having fun with what is also a really fun game and they never mention Melee or Project M once and the entirety of the youtube comments turns into a hate spiral because they don't. Also Liam's name tag needs to be NtCme

Thank goodness to, that poo poo is boring as hell to listen to. I always dread when Melee is mentioned on the podcast.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

Commissar Ken posted:

I don't know why you had to bring up Melee? Brawl being bad has nothing to do with it not being like Melee, it's just super slow and floaty. Project M takes what's there and makes it fun by speeding it up, adding a bunch of new mechanics, and other super hype additions. As someone who mainly plays Smash Bros casually I think Project M is a ton of fun.

I'm glad Sakurai backed off of whatever his philosophies for Brawl were and made Smash 4 fun again.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

TechnoSyndrome posted:

I don't know why you had to bring up Melee? Brawl being bad has nothing to do with it not being like Melee, it's just super slow and floaty. Project M takes what's there and makes it fun by speeding it up, adding a bunch of new mechanics, and other super hype additions. As someone who mainly plays Smash Bros casually I think Project M is a ton of fun.

I'm glad Sakurai backed off of whatever his philosophies for Brawl were and made Smash 4 fun again.

Trap sprung. :smug:

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
oh wow you sure got me, i wrote like four whole sentences ain't i a turbo nerd. anyways, about these youtube videos of four guys playing video games:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

TechnoSyndrome posted:

oh wow you sure got me, i wrote like four whole sentences ain't i a turbo nerd. anyways, about these youtube videos of four guys playing video games:

One of them is in Yugioh

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

TechnoSyndrome posted:

ain't i a turbo nerd.

Defensive too. We all totally watch videos of 4 guys who play games and make references to animes and John Cenas and smegma. We're ALL turbo nerds, but especially them, but also especially us.

but ESPECIALLY them.

Beef Waifu posted:

One of them is in Yugioh

It's Woolie working his dark matches until he can midcard a Sailor Moon episode and meet up with Mercury.

Commissar Ken fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Nov 8, 2014

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
First and only time Brawl was in EVO, it had all items on, so Pat was correct. A kid won it playing ROB and abusing the items, and the community harassed the gently caress out of him.

Also, hell is hearing Pat's pronounciation of Mario for a whole hour. MEHREEOH

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Dias posted:

First and only time Brawl was in EVO, it had all items on, so Pat was correct. A kid won it playing ROB and abusing the items, and the community harassed the gently caress out of him.

Also, hell is hearing Pat's pronounciation of Mario for a whole hour. MEHREEOH

I wouldn't say that he abused items, the kid just got really loving good at getting the smash ball since ROB has a ridiculous final smash in Brawl. Then the smash tourney players got really awful.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Oh my god, Woolie's Guacamelee skin death animation is a Pat-face that says "drop your shield". It's fuckin' fantastic.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Smash players in general are loving awful. The game however? Good.

Which is why I was a bit surprised that Smash in EVO went well, the community surprised me. It was pretty hype.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Beef Waifu posted:

One of them is in Yugioh

Woolie has never been that gaunt