Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

Christoff posted:

does double xp stack? If you get double xp from a supply drop?

I believe so. If this is the case, you're getting quad XP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Knifegrab posted:

Yeah that only appears on certain attachments/items arbitrarily. But I guess you keep your eyes glued to the control text in the bottom right of the screen as you go over all your class items huh?

Considering the game's Create a Class UI is a carbon copy of BLOPS 2's, I fully expect it to be there, for gun camos and sights. :smugbert:

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

BaronVanAwesome posted:

This is a good setup though? (Although if you're not using Blast Suppression I don't know what to tell you)

As far as "most efficient" setup goes right now (I hesitate to say "best"), the BAL with Stock/Grip/Silencer seems the best for try-harding. A case could be made for the parabolic mic I guess w/e

It gets me in the top 3.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Wazzit posted:

It gets me in the top 3.

Please stop.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

This is the laser setup that's been working out for me the best. Any suggestions to make it better?

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
There better be some Snoop Dogg voice packs for this eventually because I would actually consider buying poo poo like that for this Good Game.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

BaronVanAwesome posted:

This is a good setup though? (Although if you're not using Blast Suppression I don't know what to tell you)

As far as "most efficient" setup goes right now (I hesitate to say "best"), the BAL with Stock/Grip/Silencer seems the best for try-harding. A case could be made for the parabolic mic I guess w/e

Silencer doesn't seem nearly as important in this game as in previous cods due to how fast you can move around. I found that replacing the silencer with extended mags worked out better for me, especially since it makes it significantly better at fights at range.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Fibby Boy posted:

Please stop.

Hey, are you on PS4? Add me psn: squarepushr

Yamacruiser
Sep 28, 2011

I am the one who knocks!
Jetpack & crew- I hardlocked and had to reset.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

The Magma launcher is a hoot and a half.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Static Rook posted:

There better be some Snoop Dogg voice packs for this eventually because I would actually consider buying poo poo like that for this Good Game.

Where are my ironic unironic bacon gun skins

Captain Matchbox
Sep 22, 2008

BOP THE STOATS
If you didnt die in under half a second this game might be ok

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I know everyone complains about that in every COD but it really is fast in this one

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Christoff posted:

I know everyone complains about that in every COD but it really is fast in this one

This is the hardest COD for not being eaten up if more than one person against you, I haven't clicked with all that verticality.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Captain Matchbox posted:

If you didnt die in under half a second this game might be ok

Here's some possible help for that:

Use a monitor/TV with low input lag
Don't live in the midwest unless you have Google Fibre

get gud

:tipshat:

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
Play Hardcore. You still die fast but you actually kill people, too! Sometimes your own teammates but whatever man! Also play Domination because capping gets you lots of points and killing people near a controlled flag gets you lots of points, too. It's the only game mode where I actually get to use Scorestreaks.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Static Rook posted:

Play Hardcore. You still die fast but you actually kill people, too! Sometimes your own teammates but whatever man! Also play Domination because capping gets you lots of points and killing people near a controlled flag gets you lots of points, too. It's the only game mode where I actually get to use Scorestreaks.

This man has the right idea.

Also bring back Kawaii camo. :colbert:

Undead Muppet
Apr 29, 2007

Christoff posted:

TTK is fairly reasonable in this one. Just feels fast right now because most matches are lagged up poo poo fests where everyone cycles between one and four bars. It seems like you die instantly because by the time you see the first damage flash on your screen, the guy shooting you has already hit you 3-4 times and killed you.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
Anyone have an issue where you've beaten the campaign but under mission select you're just up to like the fourth mission and can't select later missions?

Goodchild
Jan 3, 2010

Undead Muppet posted:

TTK is fairly reasonable in this one. Just feels fast right now because most matches are lagged up poo poo fests where everyone cycles between one and four bars. It seems like you die instantly because by the time you see the first damage flash on your screen, the guy shooting you has already hit you 3-4 times and killed you.

This, completely. On the rare instance I find a match where everyone in the room has at least a stable 2+bar connection the TTK and everything about the game actually feels really good.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Double XP is back on for the whole weekend. :woop:

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Mill Village posted:

Double XP is back on for the whole weekend. :woop:

:getin:

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I tried to join in progress on Bear and company, and it put me in a completely unrelated lobby multiple times.

Then when I played a free for all game to kill time, everyone in the game except me and one other guy was using the exact same acog sniper rifle. They were also all bad and I got a merciless off them.

Then when I finally got an invite the game locked up when we went into the match. So I bailed and played some BoI.

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

Static Rook posted:

I can personally attest to Hardcore being a nice way to even out terrible connections, although I've gotten kicked from almost every single HC match I've ever played for accidentally TKing Ty Webb six times

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

What is Resupply time for?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Ok yeah so I'm not the best but BAL-27 with extended mags (pain to get need 6 fast double kills), stock, and red dot rules

Also running cloak, low profile, light weight, gung ho, and toughness because well I don't know what else

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Christoff posted:

Ok yeah so I'm not the best but BAL-27 with extended mags (pain to get need 6 fast double kills), stock, and red dot rules

Also running cloak, low profile, light weight, gung ho, and toughness because well I don't know what else

I've been running it with stock, parabolic microphone, and suppressor. Works pretty well since I'm rarely far enough for the damage drop off to kick in.

Light weight, blind eye, low profile, blast suppressor, toughness, and exo mute for me.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

So what are some good builds for hardcore ? I would have to imagine some perks are useless in it.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Fibby Boy posted:

I've been running it with stock, parabolic microphone, and suppressor. Works pretty well since I'm rarely far enough for the damage drop off to kick in.

Light weight, blind eye, low profile, blast suppressor, toughness, and exo mute for me.

Need dat RDS

Also strafe the gently caress out of fools with lightweight and stock

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Christoff posted:

Need dat RDS

Also strafe the gently caress out of fools with lightweight and stock

Who needs a red dot when you're up in everyone's business all the time?

The_Fuzzinator
Oct 9, 2007

I know now why you Cuddle. But it's something I can never do.
does anyone have any experience with M+KB adapters for consoles as my dumb hands can't manipulate this controller and its causing me infinite levels of fustration

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Fibby Boy posted:

Who needs a red dot when you're up in everyone's business all the time?

Yo. :q:

(Actually, I've been liking the irons of some of the guns so far)

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

The_Fuzzinator posted:

does anyone have any experience with M+KB adapters for consoles as my dumb hands can't manipulate this controller and its causing me infinite levels of fustration

I use a xim4 as well as many others sup?

The_Fuzzinator
Oct 9, 2007

I know now why you Cuddle. But it's something I can never do.

Christoff posted:

I use a xim4 as well as many others sup?

in relation to how it feels, is it exactly like if i were to play on pc or atleast extremely similar? i was looking at the xim4 but am skiddish on spending so much on something i've never actually put my hands on before

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Mister Macys posted:

Yo. :q:

(Actually, I've been liking the irons of some of the guns so far)

You will never recreate the galil. Give it up. Embrace strafe dodge and hip fire.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

The_Fuzzinator posted:

in relation to how it feels, is it exactly like if i were to play on pc or atleast extremely similar? i was looking at the xim4 but am skiddish on spending so much on something i've never actually put my hands on before

Yeah xim4 is the only option really for the ps4 and xbone. They use a smart translator which is pretty much the mouse movement I think for specific games. Each one will have their own profile you download and use. The AW one isn't out yet but the ghost one works well enough. It's expensive, yeah, but that's going to be up to you. They do hold their value pretty well. You'll want a KVM switch if you use it at a desk with your PC. A nice gaming mouse and preferably a mechanical keyboard. It honestly feels 100% like you're on PC but I'm not some competitive counter strike player. Let me know if you have anymore questions

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Nov 8, 2014

Goodchild
Jan 3, 2010
I laid down a bombing run in Hardcore before I realized what I had done. Welp. Time to find another match!

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Infected would be a bit better if the maps had more hard to reach places and nooks and crannies to camp out in.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Philthy posted:

Infected would be a bit better if the maps had more hard to reach places and nooks and crannies to camp out in.

Dunno if you're being sarcastic but that's how it was in ghosts and it was loving awful. Every match I'd watch as teammates would flood to one of two camp friendly spots on the map and post up while I'd run around like a man. It was infuriating trying to bust through the wall of bullets once you got infected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Fibby Boy posted:

Dunno if you're being sarcastic but that's how it was in ghosts and it was loving awful. Every match I'd watch as teammates would flood to one of two camp friendly spots on the map and post up while I'd run around like a man. It was infuriating trying to bust through the wall of bullets once you got infected.

Nah, I'm not. I played this for days in CS and it made it close to impossible for the infected to win unless you got lucky at the beginning and made to the safe spots and ate everyone. Or, you needed a mass swarm to get those last few guys holed up in some tiny hard rear end spot, but it made it more fun. They would have to up the health on the infected a bit and such, but such quick matches kinda ruins what I found fun in the CS version. It was more of a chill everyone talk while we hang out and blast people from a hole for a few hours straight.

• Locked thread