Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Umbreon
May 21, 2011
Does this mean non 1% ers can now afford nice things like cutters and fishing boats?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Umbreon posted:

Does this mean non 1% ers can now afford nice things like cutters and fishing boats?

Yes, everyone is going to have a fishing boat now. Good luck making it 10 feet into the ocean through all those fishing boats.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
sounds like piracy is more important than ever

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Third World Reggin posted:

sounds like piracy is more important than ever

Pirating at sub 10 fps is kind of more trouble than it's worth.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Arcade posted:

Pirating at sub 10 fps is kind of more trouble than it's worth.

As if you actually get 10 fps with that many fishing boats

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

The fishermen I've talked to say that you only get the FPS drop if you fish.

People who come by don't have that issue.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
To anyone still having fps issues, disable the multithreading in your AA options menu. I disabled it, restarted the client and I've basically eliminated most of my fps issues.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

More people with fishing boats means more clueless people with fishing boats. More solo people with fishing boats. More people with fishing boats heading to cash in their fish solo.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Nah, I can confirm it has nothing to do with fish and is just fishing boats in general being hosed up. During Kim's fish raid we had a fishing boat traveling alongside our cutter and at some point it just killed my fps. Game was reduced to a slideshow as long as the fishing boat was around.

Umbreon posted:

Not really. What all these doomsayers are still overlooking is that one of limiting factors in the production of fishing boats is gilda. Gilda can't be bought and for most people can only be slowly accumulated over time. Most people aren't gonna have 250 gilda on hand to get their own fishing boat.

Farm carts and farm wagons are gonna be everywhere now though since the wagon only takes 50 gilda.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

It's some weird poo poo to do with how long the fishing boat has been out and/or if there's fish in it. You can get pretty bad lag with just one fishing boat, but if you rider's escape it the frame rate goes back up. The one time we blew up the 6 or whatever FC fishing boats was like 2 FPS for me, so it's definitely not just if you're fishing

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

I've gotten it from fishing boats showing up at CT.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

Nah, I can confirm it has nothing to do with fish and is just fishing boats in general being hosed up. During Kim's fish raid we had a fishing boat traveling alongside our cutter and at some point it just killed my fps. Game was reduced to a slideshow as long as the fishing boat was around.

Not really. What all these doomsayers are still overlooking is that one of limiting factors in the production of fishing boats is gilda. Gilda can't be bought and for most people can only be slowly accumulated over time. Most people aren't gonna have 250 gilda on hand to get their own fishing boat.

Farm carts and farm wagons are gonna be everywhere now though since the wagon only takes 50 gilda.

I've got 130 saved up now and building up the supply. How many Gilda can you realistically get in a single day excluding turning in packs?

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
My nonscientific experiment with the lag is that it's tied to the animation of the fish swimming in a boat hold. Once a boat gets four or five fish flopping around, it goes spastic.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Umbreon posted:

I've got 130 saved up now and building up the supply. How many Gilda can you realistically get in a single day excluding turning in packs?

I believe you can get 5 from dailies, 3 from the meal quests, and 2 from Grimghast.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Umbreon posted:

For the average person putting in the least amount of effort? 5. That's solely from doing the dailies given out by bluesalt traders. The dailies for SM and BC give 3 gilda each, but getting mentors for them is really hard now that most people have hit 50.

EDIT: Grimghast also gives one gilda just for turning in some cheap supplies so count that too. I'm not sure how difficult it is to complete the quest for the second gilda solo though.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

For the average person putting in the least amount of effort? 5. That's solely from doing the dailies given out by bluesalt traders. The dailies for SM and BC give 3 gilda each, but getting mentors for them is really hard now that most people have hit 50.

EDIT: Grimghast also gives one gilda just for turning in some cheap supplies so count that too. I'm not sure how difficult it is to complete the quest for the second gilda solo though.

+3 for farmers workstation

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
Sounds like it's time for me to do some more solo Friedrich camping. :getin:

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Umbreon posted:

8 you can reliably do on your own every day
5 from the blue salt dailies
3 from those hearty meal dailies

if you have the right people, you can get 8 more
2 from grimghast rift
3 from mentor alt swapping sharpwind
3 from mentor alt swapping burnt castle

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Axel Serenity posted:

My nonscientific experiment with the lag is that it's tied to the animation of the fish swimming in a boat hold. Once a boat gets four or five fish flopping around, it goes spastic.

We had some weird poo poo with this on a pirate raid the other night where balista was getting slideshow framerates around one fishing boat but the rest of us were fine.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
The salt on the official forums about the Thunderstruck thing is absolutely amazing. It's probably not "good for the economy" but anything that causes that much distress is fantastic. gently caress RNG.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
HOLY gently caress

You guys, last night I cashed out. I traded my account for a $75 copy of elite. The only thing of any real worth on my entire account was a solid shaft.

THAT GUY GOT hosed. Sorry, guy, I didn't know this poo poo was happening.

But lol.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Internet Kraken posted:

It is either easy piss easy or nearly impossible. You wait for the condensed archeum packs to spawn at midnight game time. Then you have ~3 game hours to move 2 of them from burnt castle camp to the trebuchet near seachild wharf. They are like trade packs, so moving them is a bit slow if you don't have a cart or at least a good donkey, but it isn't difficult to get it done in lots of time. Easy. Unless there are gankers on the route or camping the trebuchet, in which case it can become drat near impossible.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
I feel really god drat bad for anyone who invested in ts trees and logs and planned on cashing out. :smith:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I giggle when AH barons get hosed

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
I would like to add that there is a lvl 37 with a fishing boat now. Happy hunting goons.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Umbreon posted:

I feel really god drat bad for anyone who invested in ts trees and logs and planned on cashing out. :smith:

Only a bit coiner would invest in a rising speculative item with no hard value. I said to buy apex with any spare money several threads ago. It's tied to actual dollars and is a safeguard against inflation

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Fauxtool posted:

Only a bit coiner would invest in a rising speculative item with no hard value. I said to buy apex with any spare money several threads ago. It's tied to actual dollars and is a safeguard against inflation

If anyone listened to you and is playing on aranzeb, they just made several shitloads of money. Apex has spiked up from 90g each to 140g each, its literally cheaper to buy apex and sell for gold than it is to buy from many goldsellers right now. Video game economics are hilarious.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Umbreon posted:

If anyone listened to you and is playing on aranzeb, they just made several shitloads of money. Apex has spiked up from 90g each to 140g each, its literally cheaper to buy apex and sell for gold than it is to buy from many goldsellers right now. Video game economics are hilarious.

Apex was still 35g when I quit playing. Good thing I liquidated all my items and gear to buy tons of apex way back :smug:

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Fauxtool posted:

Apex was still 35g when I quit playing. Good thing I liquidated all my items and gear to buy tons of apex way back :smug:

You mean you didn't liquidate it all into :10bux:?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gwrtheyrn posted:

You mean you didn't liquidate it all into :10bux:?

No I saved 2 or 3000 for myself in case I ever wanted to play again, that's what I turned into nearly a hundred apex

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Nov 8, 2014

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Fauxtool posted:

No I saved 2 or 3000 for myself in case I ever wanted to play again, that's what I turned into nearly a hundred apex

Isn't money a complete non issue for you either way?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Morglon posted:

Isn't money a complete non issue for you either way?

if thunderstrucks are everywhere and super cheap I'm done making easy gold. I can still bot trade packs but that wont last if everyone gets big carts. Ruining the economy was a good thing for the game. It's never been healthier if items are constantly being bought and sold and everyone has means of making gold. The only problem now is inflation across the board, not just on super luxury items like before

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

thunderstruck trees are now 251-270g and logs are 73-80g for the buyouts on the first page of each of them.

Trees won't hit 100 g by the morning, but they should hit 200g

I got to see a lot of people try to buy them to prop up the price and resell but there isn't enough money floating around on the AH barons for that.

vermeul
Sep 14, 2014

Free Acid

Umbreon posted:

yes there are like lvl 40's with fishing boats now.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
How the hell can you get 250 gilda stars before hitting level 50? :psyduck:

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Internet Kraken posted:

How the hell can you get 250 gilda stars before hitting level 50? :psyduck:

From buying gold or APEX then buying the plans off someone else. That or they're alts. Or filthy rich because they leveled through crafting.

Favorabilis Solitud
May 18, 2006
And that's the way it was.
I love it. See a dozen farms with pine trees but I keep recognizing names. So these guys would just buy up land and gamble on TS trees...and win. Now I see a lot more "WTS" in chat. This is a great time for new players or players that don't own property. There should be a much better chance.

Also: LOL to the TS tree monopolizers for complaining about TRION doing a cash grab and then rage quitting.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Favorabilis Solitud posted:

Also: LOL to the TS tree monopolizers for complaining about TRION doing a cash grab and then rage quitting.
Yeah, it's fun to see this and it's also nice to see the cost of high end crafting drop considerably now, but for those of us who ground out the gold for our farm wagon only to have this happen two days after spending 2k+ gold on mats, it's incredibly frustrating.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Its tempting to come back and play, but all that will happen is that I will keep delivering trade packs and have an even lower margin of profit because so many more trade packs are being delivered. No thanks..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nef Arious
Oct 14, 2012

The amount of tears from the 1%'ers crying about the price of archeum and Thunderstruck Trees alone has made this change great.

• Locked thread