Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khaba
Oct 29, 2011

Agean90 posted:

50 not dollars on a sound effect error.

The japanese IR missile with the 3000+ range still makes tank gun sounds when it fires lol.

TAN SAM Short Arrow, the unit I love, hate, love and then hate some more. I swear to god it either hits every missile, heli or plane, or it misses every missile.

Either way, I wondered about why it sounded that way. I never really put two and two together and realised it was a tank gun noise, since I thought that was way too stupid to still be in the game. The more you know I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heer98
Apr 10, 2009
http://alb-replays.info/rdbeta/php/api.php?download=882

Epic replay on D-Day; Johann, Drinks and myself beat a team of 100% win ratio pubstompers... with Scandinavian national decks. We were actually down almost 500 points before turning the game around with our goofy antics. Totally worth watching!

SirDrinksAlot
Aug 6, 2006

The wicked flee when none pursueth
Amazing game, think we found a new way to play nato.

Heer98
Apr 10, 2009
Any word of when the last DLC/balance patch will be dropping?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

None yet :( But it looks to be very close.

Khaba
Oct 29, 2011
This game desperately needs a map editor. A lot of the maps aren't terrible, but slight changes are really needed on most of them to make them actually good. Either that, or I'm just far too bitter about being placed on lovely side of D-Day 3 out of every 4 games.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Dandywalken posted:

None yet :( But it looks to be very close.

Cool, looking forward to having a definitive version of uralgraznomod.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

What on earth is this? I'd look in the unit of the day thread except nobody is talking about the units being revealed and the last 3 pages were all some dumb argument.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

xthetenth posted:

Cool, looking forward to having a definitive version of uralgraznomod.

I know right? Finally the loving mod updating can cease, and modders can rest!

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?

Elukka posted:

What on earth is this? I'd look in the unit of the day thread except nobody is talking about the units being revealed and the last 3 pages were all some dumb argument.

IKV-105 I'd say

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Looks like an uparmored swedish tank destroyer.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Dandywalken posted:

I know right? Finally the loving mod updating can cease, and modders can rest!

Rude. Accurate but rude. It's more that push up :effort: hill that's needed.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

xthetenth posted:

Rude. Accurate but rude. It's more that push up :effort: hill that's needed.

Dude I mod too, I know how much of a loving pain it is :P I meant the comment in a good way, because modders can finally not have to worry about big fixes that would make their past work incompatible. A final, stable version of the game that doesnt need any huge fixes in core-mechanics is a great thing for us all, because Modders can go flat-out and not have to worry about implementing complex things that they cant be arsed to do after the next patch release that fixes tiny things.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

I would give a reasonably complete set of redundant or unnecessary organs that might even be mine for Eugen to release a patch that's just updated maps (or better a mapmaking toolkit), a guide to how to convert models into their format, and either their compiler and spreadsheets or the units archive with a shedload of empty unit spaces.

Seriously though I'd bet five bucks that an even passable 40k mod would sell a bunch of copies.

xthetenth fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Nov 2, 2014

Hubis
May 18, 2003

Boy, I wish we had one of those doomsday machines...

xthetenth posted:

I would give a reasonably complete set of redundant or unnecessary organs that might even be mine for Eugen to release a patch that's just updated maps (or better a mapmaking toolkit), a guide to how to convert models into their format, and either their compiler and spreadsheets or the units archive with a shedload of empty unit spaces.

Seriously though I'd bet five bucks that an even passable 40k mod would sell a bunch of copies.

Battletech.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Hubis posted:

Battletech.

That would probably sell a lot of copies too, and not necessarily to the same people. Bonus!

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
Is whoever owns FASA now more litigious than Games Workshop?

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Hubis posted:

Battletech.

I'd play that. Gameplay would be pretty much straight up the same with mechs filling in the role of tanks+. Add the ability to hot-drop into the cockpit for direct control and watch the dollars flow. LRMs could be rapid fire MLRS and SRMs could be rapid fire ATGMs.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

Is whoever owns FASA now more litigious than Games Workshop?

GW is fine iirc as long as it's totally GW IP.

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
Fair enough I thought they jumped on anything that looked like a 40k mod.

I'd be happy with some unit backfill to the Korean War - the engine issues and I suspect a lot of the balance issues would be alleviated by having a pre 60 or 55 bracket with no precision artillery, ifv death machines, super AA etc

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
If we're talking fantasy mods, I want to see a mod where you play the defense minister of a generic fictional third-world country and you can mix and match monkey model Soviet and NATO kit. Let me recreate the various Arab/Israeli and Arab/Persian wars.

40k mod would be cool, too. Marines could hit hard in drop pods with armor 1 infantry, but need serious resupply to stay effective over time.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

Mange Mite posted:

If we're talking fantasy mods, I want to see a mod where you play the defense minister of a generic fictional third-world country and you can mix and match monkey model Soviet and NATO kit. Let me recreate the various Arab/Israeli and Arab/Persian wars.

Take all my money. It would be like tropico but better.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
I really want a Cuito Cuanavale / Toyota War expac.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Would a 50s or 60s Wargame want to include towed AA and arty?

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
You could, or you could just put it on truck and say they did that once so whatevs. I agree you'd need to bring field guns in somehow.

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid
Infantry in transports are already treated by the engine as vehicles inside vehicles (ditto obviously for vehicles in landing craft). Field artillery would be best modeled as a very slow unit that comes in transports.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

I really want a Cuito Cuanavale / Toyota War expac.

All they'd need to add is a Toyota model and maybe a few of the goofier South African weapons. I mean there's already RR and HMG jeeps + the British Centurion so it would mostly just be model swaps.

I take it Eugen is going to abandon the Wargame series and do some other RTSs now, right?

OXBALLS DOT COM fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Nov 3, 2014

mrlego
Feb 14, 2007

I do not avoid women, but I do deny them my essence.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

I remember back during EE days that the rumor was Eugen was looking at the Suez Crisis to expand the game's scope. I bet that would have worked better than Asia in the 90's.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

Baek -Kukake

Heer98
Apr 10, 2009
Still nothing?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

poo poo, random dude came and made a Mod tool for campaign BG listings. Thats a loving gigantic help. Can finally do poo poo like get rid/change the Tor's and T80's in the Chinese campaign in like... 5 minutes. Used to take loving forever to search and find the proper stuff!

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax

Dandywalken posted:

poo poo, random dude came and made a Mod tool for campaign BG listings. Thats a loving gigantic help. Can finally do poo poo like get rid/change the Tor's and T80's in the Chinese campaign in like... 5 minutes. Used to take loving forever to search and find the proper stuff!

Do you have a link? I kind of wanted to play that campaign but when I heard about all of the ridiculous toys the Soviets had I said forget it.

Lockmart Lawndart
Oct 12, 2005
I wish there were more pre 1980 servers. I had a blast playing 4v4 pre 80. I'd kill for a 10v10 pre 80

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Minenfeld! posted:

I remember back during EE days that the rumor was Eugen was looking at the Suez Crisis to expand the game's scope. I bet that would have worked better than Asia in the 90's.

Day 1: "the Americans have not deployed to support you. Do you wish to hold your ground or withdraw?"

Whatever you choose another box pops up reading "Empire Over".

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Fil5000 posted:

Day 1: "the Americans have not deployed to support you. Do you wish to hold your ground or withdraw?"

Whatever you choose another box pops up reading "Empire Over".

You mean, "World falls to serfdom."

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax

Lockmart Lawndart posted:

I wish there were more pre 1980 servers. I had a blast playing 4v4 pre 80. I'd kill for a 10v10 pre 80

I wish there was a 1970 toggle.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
Today's unit is this thing:

Which is cool and all (it's a twin barreled 12 cm mortar on a Strf 90 chassis), but it's a post-2000 prototype which was originally planned to enter service in 2008 and was then put on hold indefinitely. 1995 prototype cutoff, guys :v:

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid
The sad thing is I'm not even sure that's the most egregious case of them violating their own timeframe.

Mortabis fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Nov 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Kane started prototyping the obelisk of light in the late 90s redfor is getting poo poo on.

• Locked thread