Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga

Axel Serenity posted:

Blizzard still p. much owns and I will be buying this or playing it via whatever method they allow for

Quoting postings from 2003.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Lets! Get! Weird! posted:

Quoting postings from 2003.

Bazinga!

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga
I don't get the reference.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
blizzard does own though? Diablo is good fun after the patch. Star Craft 2 is best RTS on market. Hearthstone is fun for what it is. Unsure if wow is fun because I dont play mmo. Blizzard writes lovely stories but the game play is good.

Quit hating

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
people hate on blizz whenever any blizzard product is brought up but i still enjoy diablo 3, starcraft 2, hearthstone, and heroes of the storm, even though theyre not perfect. theyre still fun games, they're always super optimized and really polished

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The fact that Blizzard listened to the community and removed the stupid "trinket" system from HoTS like one week after it was implemented makes me think they won't poo poo this up with pay to win stuff like people are fearing.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
If you hate blizz you hate real gaming

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

If you hate blizz you hate real gaming
I love Rock n Roll Racing and The Lost Vikings. Those are good games. :)

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Visual SHOCK! Speed SHOCK! Sound SHOCK!

Great Joe posted:

I click the link every time.

Silly me, I thought the OP had a video.I fixed it.

Great Joe posted:

I love Rock n Roll Racing and The Lost Vikings. Those are good games. :)

Can't believe they never made another Lost Vikings, that game was pretty good.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
why does everything have to be f2p

can i pay for a video game and know its finished and im getting the intended experience

am i crazy

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Scionix posted:

am i crazy

Yes now buy this hat that looks like a shark

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Scionix posted:

why does everything have to be f2p

can i pay for a video game and know its finished and im getting the intended experience

am i crazy

a lot of f2p games really do it right

you get the full experience of the game, and you can buy crazy cosmetics

ive spent hundreds of dollars on planetside 2 bullshit because I like to be as special snowflake, but I've never actually needed to spend a penny

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The fact that Blizzard listened to the community and removed the stupid "trinket" system from HoTS like one week after it was implemented makes me think they won't poo poo this up with pay to win stuff like people are fearing.

literally the closest they've ever come to making a 'p2w' system is the Diablo 3 real money auction house, and it wasn't really a cash grab, I think they were just trying to be realistic about the fact that some people buy their items with real money and get a piece of the pie while making a safer easier buying experience

didn't really work out, but I don't see Blizzard as the type to try pay to win stuff, they are usually a bit more focused on the future rather than a quick cash grab game that will die

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

the wildest rear end posted:

Did this guy just ignore the heavily armored soldier lady?

Reminds me so much of this

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Eonwe posted:

a lot of f2p games really do it right

you get the full experience of the game, and you can buy crazy cosmetics

ive spent hundreds of dollars on planetside 2 bullshit because I like to be as special snowflake, but I've never actually needed to spend a penny

yeah, Dota 2 and path of exile are the good way to do free to play, I just wish I liked playing them

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I don't like that they aren't using vehicles or have fully destructible environments.

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Visual SHOCK! Speed SHOCK! Sound SHOCK!

metricchip posted:

Reminds me so much of this

I'd kill for a new Ranger X.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

blizzard does own though? Diablo is good fun after the patch. Star Craft 2 is best RTS on market. Hearthstone is fun for what it is. Unsure if wow is fun because I dont play mmo. Blizzard writes lovely stories but the game play is good.

Quit hating

Diablo is still worse than the first two games, saying its the best rts doesn't mean much as all rts games have been trash for years (it's inferior to a game that came out 16 years ago that it's the sequel to), I don't play card games so I can't comment on hearthstone, heroes of the storm is like LoL or Dota but dumber and worse. Like if you put out sequels and they're worse than the older games you aren't very good just sayin

Also diablo 2 had a good story

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Ibram Gaunt posted:

How is CTF not a mode...wtf...

CTF loving sucks you idiot.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Powercrazy posted:

Hrmm. Care to voice your complaints?

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga

Powercrazy posted:

uh Tribes?

Dec 26, 2012

Powercrazy posted:

what the

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Give me vehicles and blowupable buildings because these vertical shooting arenas suck big balls unless they're like crackdown.

And Crackdown lets you blow up buildings so the entire point of vertical is to destroy them to make the places a wide open area.

vermeul
Sep 14, 2014

Free Acid
Sigh would have liked to see what Titan could have been instead of this.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs

vermeul posted:

Sigh would have liked to see what Titan could have been instead of this.

dude this was titan just changed from mmo to arena game

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

koolkal posted:

dude this was titan just changed from mmo to arena game
That's a pretty big change.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Wow these sure are wacky characters with attitude! the tracer is spunky! butts! and naruto zen

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
yes instead of killing dudes i could spend 30 hours killing bears

WHAT COULD HAVE BEEEEENNN

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

koolkal posted:

yes instead of killing dudes i could spend 30 hours killing bears

WHAT COULD HAVE BEEEEENNN
I like those kinds of games.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
I hope there's a quest which requires you to turn in cyber ape asses

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i can't wait for them to reveal the character that is just a bear, not even an intelligent bear, just a plain old bear. like there is nothing special about it besides the fact that its a bear, and it can eat you. its not like the smart monkey in the game, its just a bear. it would be cool.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

mr.capps posted:

i can't wait for them to reveal the character that is just a bear, not even an intelligent bear, just a plain old bear. like there is nothing special about it besides the fact that its a bear, and it can eat you. its not like the smart monkey in the game, its just a bear. it would be cool.

New Hero DLC: A pack of 20 african wild dogs.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Overbite posted:

Wow these sure are wacky characters with attitude! the tracer is spunky! butts! and naruto zen

Really don't appreciate this kind of attitude. especially about my Wife, Tracer.

Ibram Gaunt fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Nov 9, 2014

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

*Blizzard looks at all the money Valve is making with TF2 and Dota 2*

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm... I have an idea

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.
The thing that puts me off of it is that its literally so MOBA they have to use MOBA terms and I was hoping for more FPS than MOBA. I guess someone at blizzard really liked super monday night combat

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
I don't see how any of these abilities can be predictable and fun.
*Gets the drop on the medic*
*Medic goes super sayin and destroys the whole team*

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Powercrazy posted:

I don't see how any of these abilities can be predictable and fun.
*Gets the drop on the medic*
*Medic goes super sayin and destroys the whole team*

that is literally the defention of fun you dumb idiot nerd
ARGHh

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

bathroomrage posted:

The thing that puts me off of it is that its literally so MOBA they have to use MOBA terms and I was hoping for more FPS than MOBA. I guess someone at blizzard really liked super monday night combat

Does it have creeps and poo poo, I didn't see any of that in the gameplay trailer

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Jackie D posted:

Does it have creeps and poo poo, I didn't see any of that in the gameplay trailer

no, but they are catorgized into different roles like "offensive" "defensive" "tank" and "support" which as we all know are MOBA terms and not terms that have existed in video games outside of MOBAs for years

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

mr.capps posted:

that is literally the defention of fun you dumb idiot nerd
ARGHh

Yes. Random bullshit that eliminates pesky things like "skill" sure is fun. :rolleyes:

Methinks you should stick to Mario Party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Mario Party is loving rad you shitfucker

• Locked thread