Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Burkion posted:

If he keeps his memories and emotions and poo poo and it's basically a revival of the character as a Cyberman, gently caress, why not, make him a goddamn companion.

On this topic I keep wondering if the season will end with the Master becoming the Doctor's new companion or at least joining along in the TARDIS a la Scream of the Shalka. I'm sure it'd require a really contrived bullshit reason to set it up but obviously it's not like that would be unusual for this show. Plus if Moffat does actually remember he set up that the Doctor is supposed to be trying to find Gallifrey I like the thought of them working together to try and find it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

HD DAD posted:

Actually, the Amy/Rory thing I'm 99% sure has been debunked.

But it's been all but confirmed we will have another cameo that some have either called brilliant or tasteless:

CyberBrig

This sounds like the worst idea ever. :(

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

If Nicholas Courtney were still alive, I would be down. But he isn't so I think it's gonna be in bad taste if they do it.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Yeah, that's a really awful idea.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Chairman Capone posted:

On this topic I keep wondering if the season will end with the Master becoming the Doctor's new companion or at least joining along in the TARDIS a la Scream of the Shalka. I'm sure it'd require a really contrived bullshit reason to set it up but obviously it's not like that would be unusual for this show. Plus if Moffat does actually remember he set up that the Doctor is supposed to be trying to find Gallifrey I like the thought of them working together to try and find it.

This sounds a bit like the arc plot for the TV show that was to follow the movie: the Doctor goes searching for his missing father, Ulysses, while being constantly dogged by his brother, the Master.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

HD DAD posted:

He's described as having a kind of "punch the air" moment, so I think he's probably able to mentally fight against his cyber-takeover.

He turns around and orders UNIT five rounds rapid at the other Cybermen.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Spoilers Below posted:

This sounds a bit like the arc plot for the TV show that was to follow the movie: the Doctor goes searching for his missing father, Ulysses, while being constantly dogged by his brother, the Master.

He was going to take a walk through Dublin city centre? :v:

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
Don't be silly. It was this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ4c1X5ene8

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Episode clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCzeWM4ZPRc

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I've worked out who Seb is.

He's George Osborne.

They're identical.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Metal Loaf posted:

He's George Osborne.

They're identical.

Its going to be another Clara that was created during last season.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Metal Loaf posted:

He's George Osborne.

They're identical.

People were making that joke when he was on Skins, at the very least. At least as Ollie Reeder he didn't look like Gideon.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

In parts of that video Seb has mannerisms identical to that of Tennant Doc. Still no clue on who Seb is meant to be though.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Senor Tron posted:

In parts of that video Seb has mannerisms identical to that of Tennant Doc. Still no clue on who Seb is meant to be though.

I was thinking the exact same thing. It was eerie how much be seemed like Ten.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Could be hilarious if Seb is the Doctor's data ghost in the Matrix.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

night before the episode airs and people have seen it where's the full synopsis in this thread... come on somebody spoil everything

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
People are being retarded and respecting the request not to spoil poo poo.

That said, it'd be pretty funny if the hints they are dropping are all complete bullshit anyway.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

HD DAD posted:

People are being retarded and respecting the request not to spoil poo poo.

I read the spoiler thread and I have no idea what's happening in the finale. Apparently I'm reading the wrong thread.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

TL posted:

It was eerie how much be seemed like Ten.

He's the Valeyard. The humanoid Ten didn't want to die so he found a way to team up with the Master and cheat death.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

PriorMarcus posted:

He's the Valeyard. The humanoid Ten didn't want to die so he found a way to team up with the Master and cheat death.

I'd be fine with that.

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

PriorMarcus posted:

Honestly that's the least retarded thing they could do. It would explain potentially how the doctor can be the Master's boyfriend as well help explain how the Master escaped Gallifrey.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

PriorMarcus posted:

This, would be awesome? It would tie up two dangling plot threads so people would finally shut up about them.

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Here's the real thing that bothers me,

WTF is the Master's interest in Clara anyways?!

The major thing Clara did was alter the timeline so the Doctor wouldn't die at Trenzelore. That and she spread herself through the Doctor's timeline in order to save him from The Great Intelligence. You'd think the Master of all people would be pretty drat happy about the Doctor dying there. Why go to all the effort to ensure that the Doctor would meet Clara, only for Clara to save his life?!

Then we have the preview with Clara telling a bunch of Cybermen that Clara Oswald never existed...

I really can't see how they can resolve this in a way that isn't stupid.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

Teek posted:

This, would be awesome? It would tie up two dangling plot threads so people would finally shut up about them.

They would never do that (even though I think it's a good idea too) because handydoc was already the valeyard in a comic book and I doubt they would take a major plot point from a comic published years ago.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Shadoer posted:

Here's the real thing that bothers me,

WTF is the Master's interest in Clara anyways?!

The major thing Clara did was alter the timeline so the Doctor wouldn't die at Trenzelore. That and she spread herself through the Doctor's timeline in order to save him from The Great Intelligence. You'd think the Master of all people would be pretty drat happy about the Doctor dying there. Why go to all the effort to ensure that the Doctor would meet Clara, only for Clara to save his life?!

Then we have the preview with Clara telling a bunch of Cybermen that Clara Oswald never existed...

I really can't see how they can resolve this in a way that isn't stupid.

Nemesis characters never want to actually see the hero dead, they lose all purpose that way.

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Xibanya posted:

They would never do that (even though I think it's a good idea too) because handydoc was already the valeyard in a comic book and I doubt they would take a major plot point from a comic published years ago.

No he wasn't. In the comics Forgotten it was (Spoiler because it's comic spoilers)

It was just a parasite that attached itself to the Doctor. It was just messing with him for the fun of it.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice

Xibanya posted:

Why not? Big Finish and the show share plot lines all the time, which is even stranger when you consider that Big Finish needs approval from the boys in charge for their scripts and yet there's some blatant stuff. The first time it jumped out at me, the Eight Doctor had to completely wipe Charley's mind and remove all memory of the Doctor, or else she would die. Donna Noble style, done the same year (technically a few months ahead of the S4 finale). There's a dozen other examples for all the other doctors. The BBC/powers that be don't seem to care.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Xibanya posted:

In addition to what Shadoer said, the first two season finales of the revival borrowed stuff from the 8th Doctor comic strip, not to mention Human Nature outright adapting a book.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Correct me if I'm wrong but if we count Tennant regenerating into himself as him being both the Eleventh and Twelth Doctor then from that certain point of view then HandTen/Valeyard would fit into what we've been told before, right?

Between the Twelth and final incarnation?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Turns out Seb wasn't anyone.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Yeah, what the hell was that. Multiple people who saw the episode hyped a reveal, guess they were just yanking people's chains.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

He was Tumblr.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Well, the season is over and I don't mind being spoiled for Christmas a bit, back to the spoiler thread! I guess this more or less confirms that Jenna Coleman is leaving after Christmas. I don't even know what on earth they're going to do with her in one more episode that won't water down their goodbye from the finale. It'll be interesting to see what the plan is for the next companion. Hopefully it's just a person of some kind; I liked teacher Clara a lot more than I liked Impossible Girl Clara.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
It really doesn't confirm Clara leaving, but it would be extremely dumb if she stuck around after that finale.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Mokinokaro posted:

It really doesn't confirm Clara leaving, but it would be extremely dumb if she stuck around after that finale.

Given the show runner I'd guess she's sticking around then.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

Hopefully it's just a person of some kind; I liked teacher Clara a lot more than I liked Impossible Girl Clara.

I was hoping for CyberDan.

"It's so cold. My existence is a mockery of life."
"Quiet down, P.E.!"

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
He could then grab Dalek Oswin and have a cyborg Odd Couple.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I just want CyberBrig to pop up and save the day every couple of episodes. No explanation whatsoever.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Mokinokaro posted:

I'd lay odds that she's leaving. She's been evasive about it in interviews, but in this one, they do directly ask her what her plans are for post-Doctor Who, and her response isn't anything like "Well, I won't have to think about that for awhile." (It's the last question they ask.)

http://www.instyle.co.uk/celebrity/news/jenna-coleman-talked-to-us-about-life-on-doctor-who-and-why-shell-never-go-blonde

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli

HD DAD posted:

I just want CyberBrig to pop up and save the day every couple of episodes. No explanation whatsoever.
Well he was a literal deux ex machina :v:

• Locked thread