Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Hardcore is the only way I've ever played CoD games, I miss CoD4's HC headquarters. There were some epic gunfights trying to cap the HQ. Also some hilarious team killing if someone on your team is capping it but people on your team keep tossing frags in there anyway. I think maybe one of the BLOPs games had HC HQ? Or maybe I'm imagining things and CoD4 is the only one with HC HQ.

HC Domination is a good substitute though. It's tough to get good scorestreaks though because you have no minimap and when someone does toss up a UAV a lot of people have coldblooded and suppressors so it doesn't help much anyway. So what happens is you never have any idea where the other team is, especially with spawn flipping.

Still a lot of fun though. It is however irritating when you get people on your team that play it like TDM. One game I was the only person that bothered to try to cap anything and we lost despite everyone of us having a positive K/DR. At the end of the match everyone else on my team had 2 caps, one each for getting the one you spawn next to. The other team all had like 4-9 caps despite getting absolutely butchered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Stubear St. Pierre posted:

I can personally attest to Hardcore being a nice way to even out terrible connections, although I've gotten kicked from almost every single HC match I've ever played for accidentally TKing Ty Webb six times
Do you still get kicked? I thought you just got sinbinned for exponentially longer periods of time.

I have found this out because the game has a bad habit of not showing teammate's names until after I've shot them (several times). :(

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
OK, I skimmed back 40 pages without seeing this answered: how's the Xbox 360 version?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Lazyhound posted:

OK, I skimmed back 40 pages without seeing this answered: how's the Xbox 360 version?

It's pretty good. Obviously the graphics aren't as crisp as the xbone/ps4 version but that's to be expected. I've played it all day and I can honestly say that it's a solid port.

Only issue I've seen is being booted off xbox live if you leave a really laggy lobby.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

We almost won the last match until Christoff decided to recreate Willem Dafoe's death scene in Platoon.

Bruc
May 30, 2006
I've seen this game compared to Arena shooters which I love, as well as people saying it plays more or less the same as other CoD games but has a bit more verticality. Now that people have been playing a bit longer is there more of a verdict? I don't hate CoD games but am not a big fan of them, however I do like arcadey Arena shooters a whole lot (and there really aren't any on consoles) so I am not sure whether I should pick this up or not.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Bruc posted:

I've seen this game compared to Arena shooters which I love, as well as people saying it plays more or less the same as other CoD games but has a bit more verticality. Now that people have been playing a bit longer is there more of a verdict? I don't hate CoD games but am not a big fan of them, however I do like arcadey Arena shooters a whole lot (and there really aren't any on consoles) so I am not sure whether I should pick this up or not.

It's COD through and through, with much more jumping and air boosting/dodging and much less placed explosives.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

jabro posted:

We almost won the last match until Christoff decided to recreate Willem Dafoe's death scene in Platoon.

:frogon:

I've never seen it.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Alright so I think the campaign customization unlocks you get from full upgrading any of the parts of your exo like health, weapon reloads, battery, etc. I think the campaign exo is from fully upgrading your battery.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

Bruc posted:

There are basically 2 ways to play: 1 is to use an assault rifle or a sniper rifle and play cod. You stand around in cover and wait for people to walk into your crosshairs just like you always do. Or you can use the submachine guns (including the honorary smg bal-27) and shotguns with which you actually play advanced warfare, spamming double jumps and air dodges endlessly, even in combat. As someone who loves Quake and likes CoD I'm definitely having a ton of fun just jumping over people and shooting them while they helplessly try to turn 180 degrees and aim at me in time.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

jabro posted:

Gf decided to call me for serious chat and I wasn't gonna tell her I'm drinking dew and playing COD!! I'm sorry!
We've won like every other game though

The_Fuzzinator posted:

in relation to how it feels, is it exactly like if i were to play on pc or atleast extremely similar? i was looking at the xim4 but am skiddish on spending so much on something i've never actually put my hands on before

Replied last page but here you go

Yeah xim4 is the only option really for the ps4 and xbone. They use a smart translator which is pretty much the mouse movement I think for specific games. Each one will have their own profile you download and use. The AW one isn't out yet but the ghost one works well enough. It's expensive, yeah, but that's going to be up to you. They do hold their value pretty well. You'll want a KVM switch if you use it at a desk with your PC. A nice gaming mouse and preferably a mechanical keyboard. It honestly feels 100% like you're on PC but I'm not some competitive counter strike player. Let me know if you have anymore questions

Spudsly
Jul 11, 2006
How do I make this game fun? Also do the latency meters always just fluctuate between full bars and one bar for every player every game or is it possible to have a solid connected lobby? I mean yeah I get it CoD games are always terrible or whatever but in every lobby I'm in everyone in the lobby is constantly fluctuating.

Goodchild
Jan 3, 2010

Spudsly posted:

How do I make this game fun? Also do the latency meters always just fluctuate between full bars and one bar for every player every game or is it possible to have a solid connected lobby? I mean yeah I get it CoD games are always terrible or whatever but in every lobby I'm in everyone in the lobby is constantly fluctuating.

It's not just you, something is horribly broken with the network. Try playing in the Hardcore playlist, it softens the awful latency since you just need 1 shot to kill someone anyways.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Ok I feel like I am doing something wrong here, single or double tap reload either way I keep dumping the whole clip of ammo, what am I doing incorrectly?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Evil Canadian posted:

Ok I feel like I am doing something wrong here, single or double tap reload either way I keep dumping the whole clip of ammo, what am I doing incorrectly?

It's bugged.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Aphrodite posted:

It's bugged.

Oh, well that will do it then.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

WHERE THE gently caress IS GUN GAME?

Advanced warfare takes the Pick 10 system but doesn't bother taking the most popular mode?

How the hell have party game modes (in their own playlist or whatever) not become a standard part of the call of duty package?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

^ "should" be patched real soon

what are you guys holding over through a prestige? i quite like the mk14 and AMR9.

MK14 seems like it'd be a great sniper rifle. Maybe pair it with an ACOG?

And AMR9 would be great with laser sight, I think

Anyone running either of those guns and what builds?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i was playing with the mk14 with you guys tonight and it feels slow as gently caress for this game

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Shiiiiit Christoff, I have so many PSN friends at this point that I don't know who most of them are, so I think I was just ignoring the invites you were sending me earlier. My bad! :shobon: I'm taking a break for now, but I'd love to play with you later.

I got this on PS4 from GameFly today. Started playing late this afternoon and I'm already at level 24 :lol:

It's a lot of fun, though. So far it's pretty much BlOps 2 (my favorite CoD) with double jumping, no Skrillex, exo powers and some other poo poo. I've been playing Ground War exclusively so far and it owns.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I'm really looking the laser semi auto heavy weapon. Playing on my PS4 with a XiM4 giving me some awesome games. I'm actually slightly glad the only thing I have to contend with on console are little kids, other Xim4 users and people who want to leave their mics open.

I got real tired of hackers in COD on PC. Especially with the removal of dedicated servers. Sucks there is no way to kick someone from a game.

My current build is the heavy gun, with the door while sprinting/sliding perk. It works well in Detroit (Denver?). Though I really hate all these small maps. I want some MW1 giant maps.

SlayVus fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Nov 8, 2014

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Mustang posted:

Alright so I think the campaign customization unlocks you get from full upgrading any of the parts of your exo like health, weapon reloads, battery, etc. I think the campaign exo is from fully upgrading your battery.

If I beat the campaign, what would be the easiest way to go back and do this?

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
Anyone up for some co-op stuff and maybe some MP fuckery tonight? PS4 - D43M0N_au_

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Spudsly posted:

The latency meters are pure fiction at this point, so I wouldn't pay too much attention.

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.

Excuse me?

There are 3 different guns that use sound and/or lazers to kill people in different classes. Thats actually with on demand skrillex.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009

Quabzor posted:

Excuse me?

There are 3 different guns that use sound and/or lazers to kill people in different classes. Thats actually with on demand skrillex.

Pretty sure Black Ops 2 actually had a skrillex track on it for one of the missions. Where you go to Galts Gulch pretty much and crash some dance party. I think. Maybe I'm mixing it up with Syndicate?

tjones
May 13, 2005
Anyone worth their salt in search can easily rank up per each map if not more even if their team loses. So far its been the fast track for xp for me.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
I feel like they're still trying to fix issues from MW 1/2 without realizing that a lot of the "fixes" are no longer relevant to what the game is.

Mostly overpowered killstreaks are half the fun but now they are usually pathetically weak. Black Ops SAM and trophy addressed them and stealth perks are more abundant now there are less good combat perks.
Grenades are almost useless, I don't exactly miss them but don't really know why they are in.
Weapons feel balanced but half of them don't keep up with the new pace. Using a burst rifle, sniper or heavy weapon is gimping yourself unless you are really good with that kind of weapon. ARs, SMGs and shotguns might all be on a fairly level playing field but before secondaries, melee, heavy and the slower firing weapons had way more viable roles.
Don't get their refusal to go with the BO style choose what you want unlock system. Linear unlocks feel out of date and pointless.
Which idiot put stuff on double, triple kills with such a tiny time window when there is so much mobility people never bunch up? Ditto for longshots for camo in maps with medium range at best sight lines.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

Carecat posted:

I feel like they're still trying to fix issues from MW 1/2 without realizing that a lot of the "fixes" are no longer relevant to what the game is.

Mostly overpowered killstreaks are half the fun but now they are usually pathetically weak. Black Ops SAM and trophy addressed them and stealth perks are more abundant now there are less good combat perks.
Grenades are almost useless, I don't exactly miss them but don't really know why they are in.
Weapons feel balanced but half of them don't keep up with the new pace. Using a burst rifle, sniper or heavy weapon is gimping yourself unless you are really good with that kind of weapon. ARs, SMGs and shotguns might all be on a fairly level playing field but before secondaries, melee, heavy and the slower firing weapons had way more viable roles.
Don't get their refusal to go with the BO style choose what you want unlock system. Linear unlocks feel out of date and pointless.
Which idiot put stuff on double, triple kills with such a tiny time window when there is so much mobility people never bunch up? Ditto for longshots for camo in maps with medium range at best sight lines.

Wasn't there an announcement where they claimed they would change the challenges?

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Wanna own bones with the m14? Play hardcore. Thing rips there

tjones
May 13, 2005
Are you guys cooking the grenades? I get plenty of kills with frags, the stuns help a ton, and the puncture grenades are kinda overpowered.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

Aphrodite posted:

What is Resupply time for?

Double supply time doubles the rate at which you get supply drops.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Bwhahaha. Nothing amuses me quite as much as the campaign hyping up the new abilities - only for the majority of the levels to strip them away. I just started the Thailand level and literally 3/4 of the levels have had double jump disabled.

Oh, Call of Duty, never change.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Narcissus1916 posted:

Bwhahaha. Nothing amuses me quite as much as the campaign hyping up the new abilities - only for the majority of the levels to strip them away. I just started the Thailand level and literally 3/4 of the levels have had double jump disabled.

Oh, Call of Duty, never change.

Yeah, I went through the campaign and used the time slowing down power, the shield and whatever else isn't the double jump all of about once. Lett me double jump and slide round corners, campaign, or get out.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Holy poo poo, the EM1 Laser with Gung-Ho (shoot while boosting) and a shield on your back for extra protection turns the game into Quake with a railgun. My most enjoyable CoD experience in multiplay so far, and it's even my first one on PC.
:hellyeah:

I need to record a session and show the world, it's bonkers.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

So I played some of this and eh. It's Call of Duty.

Honestly they should have named it Call of Spacey: Advanced Spacey and replace every character with Kevin Spacey.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

I got another variant of the hbra3 called the average joe

added damage and range yes please

Poistiant
Aug 22, 2006

Michaellaneous posted:

So I played some of this and eh. It's Call of Duty.

Honestly they should have named it Call of Spacey: Advanced Spacey and replace every character with Kevin Spacey.

I don't know why you can't be a Spacey marine. Also 360 version is ok I just have no one to play with, add Happy Pirate but I'm sure all the people who have played with me in the past are super cool and have an xbone.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Am I missing something in the campaign? I can't loving jump back onto the bus after you rip the dude out of the truck and throw him into a post.

I've literally tried this 10 times, tried pressing Space at numerous different points during the sequence and I still just fall to my death. Can dodge the truck no loving problem both times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

WirelessPillow posted:

Wasn't there an announcement where they claimed they would change the challenges?

Yes, they are changing them. They are also not supposed to reset when you Prestige.

• Locked thread