Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

NoUU posted:

Has anyone fought Mega Satan after the patch? Does it not crash anymore?
It worked absolutely fine for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.
I was doing Pitch Black and thought hey I'll unlock Eve at the same time and didn't pick up hearts. When I died nothing unlocked. Do you need to complete the run for that to count?

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

I managed to beat the tank challenge by having Headless Horseman as my first boss, so I had a flying speedy pony. I also got Speed up pills. By the end of the run I was pretty drat fast.

I don't see how I'm going to beat Mom's heart with Solar System. I brought the Bible along to cheese it but before I got there the game bugged out and I died.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Xeras posted:

I was doing Pitch Black and thought hey I'll unlock Eve at the same time and didn't pick up hearts. When I died nothing unlocked. Do you need to complete the run for that to count?

You can't unlock anything on seeds or challenges. Except of course the unlock that comes with the challenge itself.

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008
Trying to get some unlocks with Eve and I have to say it's pretty incredible how they made dead bird even more useless than it was before

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Lmbooo I used to hate Chocolate Milk in the original BoI but this time it just ended up clearing rooms in 1 second with some other upgrades. Look at this poo poo, are you serious

NPFN
G8ZJ

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I got this message from a rule card(linked for potential spoilers):
http://i.imgur.com/p6jHp6w.jpg?1

Anyone have any idea what it could mean?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Kaethela posted:

You can't unlock anything on seeds or challenges. Except of course the unlock that comes with the challenge itself.

I thought this was the case, too, but during a challenge (forget which one) I killed the last of the Basement bosses that I hadn't fought before and I unlocked the Cellar. So apparently there are some exceptions...

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Maybe it's related to that clock that shows up on the 'next level' splash page? I have no idea.

Maybe secret rooms are more likely to appear the faster you play through?

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

I just had an Eve run where I beat the entire boss rush in under a minute. GOTYAY

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
okay so I have beaten the DANK ROOM, how do I get to the chest? just keep beating it until I get the Polaroid?

Read
Dec 21, 2010

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

okay so I have beaten the DANK ROOM, how do I get to the chest? just keep beating it until I get the Polaroid?

Keep beating Isaac, yes.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Noooooooo. :smith:

Ipecac in the very first room as ???, kill mom in about 12 minutes, hit the Boss Rush room, pick up my item, pop Dead Sea Scroll and it triggers the teleporter taking me out of the room and when I go back in I can't resume the fight.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Broken Cog posted:

I got this message from a rule card(linked for potential spoilers):
http://i.imgur.com/p6jHp6w.jpg?1

Anyone have any idea what it could mean?

It's referring to the boss rush room when you kill Mom. You have to get there fast enough or the entrance doesn't appear.

Edit: VVV Owned, slowpokes.

Slime fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Nov 8, 2014

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Ignite Memories posted:

Maybe it's related to that clock that shows up on the 'next level' splash page? I have no idea.

Maybe secret rooms are more likely to appear the faster you play through?

Actually, thinking about it, it's probably just a hint for accessing the boss rush.

Considering the wall breaks down and all.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

e: well nevermind.

Has anyone else messed around with the effects of high luck? I managed to get a full bar of it the other day but it didn't seem to do much other than guaranteeing a drop every room. Gambling didn't seem to be any different.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
Picking up Fire Mind as the very first thing during the Pitch Black challenge sure made my day (and the run, too). Free light? Yes, please.

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
Just tried hard mode, it's really lame. Like some of you said, "play without keys and bombs" is a lovely way to increase the challenge, if I wanted to do that I'll just play a challenge or something. Well, I might consider it a challenge on its own. Seriously, my run ended on the third floor. I found: One Soul Heart, one key, three locked chests, one normal chest filled with 10 pennies. No hearts or bombs. A health down pill and an amnesia pill. Of course, no access to treasure- or secret rooms.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

sicDaniel posted:

Just tried hard mode, it's really lame. Like some of you said, "play without keys and bombs" is a lovely way to increase the challenge, if I wanted to do that I'll just play a challenge or something. Well, I might consider it a challenge on its own. Seriously, my run ended on the third floor. I found: One Soul Heart, one key, three locked chests, one normal chest filled with 10 pennies. No hearts or bombs. A health down pill and an amnesia pill. Of course, no access to treasure- or secret rooms.

I don't know why you're assuming that's the only way the game is made harder but you're incorrect.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

Game still isn't fun if you can't get any items. I doubt sicDaniel thinks it's the only thing about increased challenge, just the thing that's poorly thought out.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
So uh. How do you get the D6 in this? Just beat Satan with ??? and got the Forget Me Now.

E: Son of a bitch. Just looked it up. At least Isaac is easier than Satan IMO.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

sicDaniel posted:

Well, "play without keys and bombs" is something that can very for real happen on Normal too. Just remember that Hard still follows the same rules as normal. Not getting hit increases rewards. The only real change I've noticed is enemies have higher chances of being champions/an enemy from a more difficult floor, way more curses, and way less heart drops.

Pennies, Bombs, and Keys still feel roughly the same to me :shrug:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

Start out as eve with brimstone and xray pill, get a dark bum deal and then get this room.

Carefully placed bombs can actually get you both the top and bottom items so that's actually a really good configuration if you go for the rightmost one first.

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008

Skaw posted:

Well, "play without keys and bombs" is something that can very for real happen on Normal too. Just remember that Hard still follows the same rules as normal. Not getting hit increases rewards. The only real change I've noticed is enemies have higher chances of being champions/an enemy from a more difficult floor, way more curses, and way less heart drops.

Pennies, Bombs, and Keys still feel roughly the same to me :shrug:

This is true. No poo poo, I had a run earlier on normal where I got 1 bomb between basement 1 and womb 1

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Just had a really overpowered run, killed Mom's Heart in about 5 seconds.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=338835972

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=338836053

I had 11? lives and don't think I got hit after floor 3 anyway, at one point had full soul hearts and devil deal'd them all away.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Controls lock up after about one minute after I launch the game. Disconnecting and then reconnecting keyboard gives me another minute of gametime.

HELAP!

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

So here's something fun. I run into a shop. It's Greed. I Joker out, buy the Contract from Below, run out and end up back in the shop.

What's there waiting for me? Why, none other than Super Greed.

Scared the poo poo out of me. :stare:

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I've got one previous Mom kill as Lazarus where I died at the exact same time she did, but this is the closest I've gotten as Isaac. It felt like the game was trying to make me win the whole time; had Ludovico with a few DMG upgrades and fire tears, Guppy's Paw and a handful of HP upgrades. At the end, I just couldn't keep track of where Isaac and the Ludovico were at the same time with so much going on.

I'm kicking myself now because I just looked up what The Bible does. It was in the shop on this level.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
Just picked up Best Friend on floor 1, one-shotted The Duke of Flies, laughed. Don't know if the seed is worth saving yet, but it was a pretty funny way to kill a boss.

EDIT: Holy poo poo got the Petrified Poop immediately on the next floor, in a room full of poop, and I'm Cain so literally every one of these poops is dropping a thing.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Is it just me or is Cain garbage with the lucky foot changes? He and Samson both feel significantly worse in Rebirth.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Gortarius posted:

Controls lock up after about one minute after I launch the game. Disconnecting and then reconnecting keyboard gives me another minute of gametime.

HELAP!

In the save directory in your MyDocuments/My Games/Binding of Issac: Rebirth folder in the options.ini change set ControllerHotplug=0

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Something interesting. I took R U A WIZARD? so I was just standing at the top of the room shooting til it wore off, and not trying to hit the worm guys at the bottom. After a few minutes the doors just opened eventhough I didn't kill em all.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Power of Pecota posted:

Is it just me or is Cain garbage with the lucky foot changes? He and Samson both feel significantly worse in Rebirth.
Samson is way better because he doesn't have the special items problem, he has more HP, and his damage boost seems to be better as well.
Cain is somewhat worse but I like luck as a stat.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Power of Pecota posted:

Cain feels worse but Samson's pretty drat strong if you're bad. Only takes maybe 5 or 6 hits to get Polyphemus sized shots with no other modifiers. Just gotta get lots of hearts and healing to keep it up. His damage boost lasts the entire floor so get hit early and murder everything else before they get the chance to kill you.

BlackFrost
Feb 6, 2008

Have you figured it out yet?
Is there an item that completely removes you ability to see how much health you have left?

I think it happened after I picked up that (awesome) Jara item.

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

BlackFrost posted:

Is there an item that completely removes you ability to see how much health you have left?

I think it happened after I picked up that (awesome) Jara item.

That's a curse like the one that hides your map or makes 2 floors into one.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Huh, managed to beat the cat challenge, even without any shooty items (though got Bob's Brain in Depths 1). It was actually pretty fun. Even traded two hearts for Mom's Knife that did absolutely nothing.

PureQuestion
Oct 15, 2014

Made some stuff. Some of it even didn't suck.
Yeah Samson seems way, way stronger for me.

Isaac is also worse, </3 D6 nerfs :(

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
Just fought a boss called The Adversary, that I don't remember seeing anyone talk about. Looks kinda like Azazel, but with bandages all over. He fights with a curving Brimstone, making the screen dark, and making earthquakes from slamming the ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RonJeremysBalzac
Jul 29, 2004
Wow Mega Satan fight made my heart pound. That was intense.