Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

The vast majority of my land (2 large farms, 1 thatched, 1 cottage, 1 small farm) was dedicated to Thunderstruck farming after I randomly got 2 of them inside 24 hours. Now I'm going to tear down all of the trees and figure out what to put in all of that space. I'm thinking about dropping 15 honey larders and spacing the times apart so I get 5 every day for my farm wagon. I assume that everyone is going to have a farm wagon all of a sudden, so regular trade packs are never going to be at 130% anymore. I guess I'll put cow pens at each corner of my thatched plot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

ruffz posted:

The vast majority of my land (2 large farms, 1 thatched, 1 cottage, 1 small farm) was dedicated to Thunderstruck farming after I randomly got 2 of them inside 24 hours. Now I'm going to tear down all of the trees and figure out what to put in all of that space. I'm thinking about dropping 15 honey larders and spacing the times apart so I get 5 every day for my farm wagon. I assume that everyone is going to have a farm wagon all of a sudden, so regular trade packs are never going to be at 130% anymore. I guess I'll put cow pens at each corner of my thatched plot.

the poop market crashed as well. I'm considering full honey production as it's relatively passive and yields reasonable profits (right now).

himurak
Jun 13, 2003

Where was that save the world button again?
You see the true 1%ers moved on from ts a long time ago. I'll keep taking dumb peoples money keep up the good work trion :911:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eonwe posted:

Its tempting to come back and play, but all that will happen is that I will keep delivering trade packs and have an even lower margin of profit because so many more trade packs are being delivered. No thanks..

People still play this game?

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Kimsemus posted:

the poop market crashed as well. I'm considering full honey production as it's relatively passive and yields reasonable profits (right now).

Christ. Hmm... I guess it's time to invest in some beehives, but they're expensive as hell to get started if you want several of them.

Ridinspinnaz
Jan 29, 2009

Eonwe posted:

Its tempting to come back and play, but all that will happen is that I will keep delivering trade packs and have an even lower margin of profit because so many more trade packs are being delivered. No thanks..

Or you could come back, pirate every night stealing fish and packs and launching ships into the stratosphere for fun and profit. Why you would ever want to do trading runs outside of full merchant ships is beyond me.

sulley
Aug 15, 2004

Not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
You know last night I was super skeptical after the immediate impact of the thunderstruck change, but whether the means were ideal, the market is better without the trees as a strangle point.

Also we did a really fun trade run from the east with jerkjerk last night. About 25 goons and it was the most fun I've had with the game in a while.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
We've had a great time with jerkjerk this morning with fishing and merchant raids/runs.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Sever reset seems to close my house door. So if you're using the vilanelle one and the doors closed, msg Grithok or me on irc. I'm usually ther to open the door.

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Third World Reggin posted:

DBRB got kicked from goon squad for creating drama. This is pretty much going to other goon communities and trying to get kimsemus kicked.

If we kicked for drama, most goons would be gone from the guild. If this was for comedy, it would of been fine and someone who kicked him would of reinvited him right away. That didn't happen.

DBRB is a lovely person for sure, and kicking him for that is about the same thing. Not quite, but close enough. DBRB acting like an idiot and sperg means he will hang him self within the goon community sooner or later and I don't want to remove his chance to do that within AA.

I will reinvite him back, and if he gets kicked, I kick kimsemus. Thems the rule.

If he keeps getting kicked, I keep removing people with kick powers.

Try not to be just as bad as DBRB.

I kicked him the first time for the CTS drama he was trying to cause with Kim's guild and the Eve nonsense, he wasn't online so I couldn't reinvite him, plus the ArcheAge guild UI is loving :effort:.

I've kind of lost my urge to play this game, between the grind turned up to 11 and the endless fishing masterstrokes and pedo defenders this game and the people just don't feel like fun right now. At least I don't play Eve anymore so I cant get gkicked by some pedo defending fish fucker, so that's nice.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:eyepop:

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

I still love you though

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

apseudonym posted:

I still love you though

No I think what you did was awesome

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Ridinspinnaz posted:

Or you could come back, pirate every night stealing fish and packs and launching ships into the stratosphere for fun and profit. Why you would ever want to do trading runs outside of full merchant ships is beyond me.

That only lasts so long, probably the most fun thing about this game. Then its gets stale and its game over. :stonk:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
People are upset with certain goon members dropping the guild tag to join the fisher fleet only to report where the fishermen are.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

People are upset with certain goon members dropping the guild tag to join the fisher fleet only to report where the fishermen are.

this is amazing, lmfao

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

:negative:

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

If they start to get wise, we will have to make a new guild called <Burly FisherMen> just so they know we aren't spies.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

So I just realized I'm all of a sudden really bored with this game now that I don't have the anticipation of possibly getting a thunderstruck when I log in. Now I feel like I have too much land because I couldn't even figure out what to throw down to fill it all up after getting rid of my ~40 trees. I also had the realization that it'll take forever to save up the gold for bungalow plans (I don't want to grind out the gilda) now that I don't have a chance of a 1000-1200 gold tree appearing on my farms. The "don't-give-a-gently caress-itis" just hit me like a ton of bricks.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
reddit.txt

quote:

Thank you for westernizing one of the games I was most looking forward to for the past couple years. Thank you for providing me the most fun I've had in an MMO since when Burning Crusade released. Thank you for releasing a game in which I spent hours upon hours to work my way up from (8x8 -> Cart -> 16x16 -> Merchant Ship -> 24x24 -> Fishing Boat). And finally THANK YOU for loving ruining all of that while I was taking a nap you money hungry bastards.

-One of Archeage's biggest fans, gently caress Trion.
http://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/2lnmtc/message_to_trion/

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I finally got a house so I'm looking to reduce my tax burden, any land-poor goons with an 8x8 garden plan want to take over a spot in Lilyut? If not I'll just tear it down tomorrow and let some pubby have it.

As land-locked spots go it is pretty good. Just a short hop from where you put down one of the daily vases in Windshade. Near the road to Gwenoid and a crafting station hub, plus the full set of shops in Windshade.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Near an encampment of children yous ay

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

:eyepop:

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
Is this game dead?
I was told it was dead.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

AMooseDoesStuff posted:

Is this game dead?
I was told it was dead.

are you considering joining now?

then nah, don't play

have you played before?

nah still don't play

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Eonwe posted:

then nah, don't play

have you played before?

nah still don't play

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

Eonwe posted:

then nah, don't play

have you played before?

nah still don't play

it's fun if you just don't play with anyone who posts in this thread

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

GreatestNerdEver posted:

it's fun if you just don't play with anyone who posts in this thread

lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004
I've been playing this poo poo game for a month and change. This game is poo poo and I hate it. But its free and I'm between jobs so my eve accounts are on hold ( RIP Cal Mil nightly drunk fleets ) until school starts up and I get that sweet sweet school monies.

I'm over on Inoch and was playing with some friends that stream, but they have since quit and now myself and a handful of dudes have taken to night fishing and jerking off to how the devs want to ruin this game.

Anyway I've seen a few GOONSQUAD people on Inoch and ask them " No way we have a quild on this server!? " and they always ignore me. Maybe its a fake goonsquad? I dunno anyway. I hate this game and I hate myself, someone privateer with me so I don't blow my brains out farming.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

MaxPowers posted:

I've been playing this poo poo game for a month and change. This game is poo poo and I hate it. But its free and I'm between jobs so my eve accounts are on hold ( RIP Cal Mil nightly drunk fleets ) until school starts up and I get that sweet sweet school monies.

I'm over on Inoch and was playing with some friends that stream, but they have since quit and now myself and a handful of dudes have taken to night fishing and jerking off to how the devs want to ruin this game.

Anyway I've seen a few GOONSQUAD people on Inoch and ask them " No way we have a quild on this server!? " and they always ignore me. Maybe its a fake goonsquad? I dunno anyway. I hate this game and I hate myself, someone privateer with me so I don't blow my brains out farming.

Start > Control Panel > Uninstall a program > Archeage > Remove

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Hmm this car looks cool, lets see what it needs... 8 thunderstruck trees? :suicide:

Oh and 20k machinery but that's the least of the problems.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

DancingShade posted:

Hmm this car looks cool, lets see what it needs... 8 thunderstruck trees? :suicide:

Oh and 20k machinery but that's the least of the problems.

you're in luck, 8 trees now cost what 2 trees cost 2 days ago

lol

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Eonwe posted:

you're in luck, 8 trees now cost what 2 trees cost 2 days ago

lol

im not logged in, have they gone below 250 yet?

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

Start > Control Panel > Uninstall a program > Archeage > Remove

Dont tell me what to do, you're not my real dad TOD.

Seriously where do I play with goons

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

MaxPowers posted:

Just leave port in your fishing boat and contact a goon recruiter with your current location. They will meet you to handle the recruitment process in person.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

im not logged in, have they gone below 250 yet?

Logs are 70 gold 90 copper and trees are 264 gold

So close.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

MaxPowers posted:

Dont tell me what to do, you're not my real dad TOD.

All the currently active goon guilds are in the Op. You did read the op, didn't you?

Unfortunately the biggest and best/worst is Aranzeb west side, and west races are currently restricted so you can't make one. :welp:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
I talked to jerkjerk today when he went on trial. My retard-slow reaction time just made me realize him being there means that there's possibly an east goon guild again.

If this is true, who do I sign up with because I'm still guildless.

• Locked thread