Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snuffman
May 21, 2004

The hack points dont seem any different than Erudito points in AC3 and AC4 multiplayer. They're just applying them to single player now which makes sense cause the coop multiplayer is seamless.

I don't like it, but if its an intrusive as Erudito points, I can live with it.

EDIT: Time to go all tinfoil and say that in putting AC:U and FC4 back on Steam, people will rush to buy them before they get pulled again. Brilliant Ubisoft, brilliant...

More likely someone went all trigger happy on pulling it from the UK and accidentally pulled it from all stores.

Snuffman fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Nov 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grim Up North
Dec 12, 2011

jfc, this is a farce - completely incompetent dudes playing a super buggy game. all hype is gone.

e: didn't they crow about not having enough cpu for ai? i wonder why, the enemies don't seem to posses any ai at all.

e2: oh god all the bugs.

Grim Up North fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Nov 8, 2014

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Grim Up North posted:

jfc, this is a farce - completely incompetent dudes playing a super buggy game. all hype is gone.

e: didn't they crow about not having enough cpu for ai? i wonder why, the enemies don't seem to posses any ai at all.

This combat looks really bad. Time for an update. There hasn't been a meaningful one since Brotherhood.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Probably shouldn't demo your game on an Xbox.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

AngryBooch posted:

This combat looks really bad. Time for an update. There hasn't been a meaningful one since Brotherhood.

I thought this game WAS supposed to be the update to all the basic systems since AC2...

I can't view the video at work, but we are talking about Unity here, right? If so, well, I may not need to worry about losing $60 bux.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

Grim Up North posted:

Hah, yeah. That unlock list and then the stream (plus the few minutes of other streams that pop up here and there) have killed all hype I had for the game. Went from Day 1 to "eh, maybe when it's $20." Well, that'll save me $60 next week.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Singleplayer gameplay was much better as far as I could tell. Mostly because it didn't have four dudes trying to out-LeeroyJenkins each other.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Lol this game looks so loving awful.

It's hilarious how some of you stupid shits are already rationalizing the micro transactions.

Grim Up North
Dec 12, 2011

ymgve posted:

Singleplayer gameplay was much better as far as I could tell. Mostly because it didn't have four dudes trying to out-LeeroyJenkins each other.

Yeah, multi-player on the stream was insanely buggy, single-player looks fine - a new paint-job over good old AssCreed2.
Will buy for :10bux: if it's still on Steam next summer sale.

e: are there no in-city rideable horse like in AssCreedBro?

Grim Up North fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Nov 8, 2014

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Lol this game looks so loving awful.

It's hilarious how some of you stupid shits are already rationalizing the micro transactions.

This site has microtransactions.

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'
I still don't get how the microtransactions are any different from AC4. You could buy DLC for the game that would unlock the locations of bonus items and stuff. They were marketed as timesavers. The only difference here that I can see is that it's foregrounded in the UI instead of being separate purchases from PSN/XBL/Steam. Nobody went ballistic over that though.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol at the "TAIL THE THUG" prompt combined with "TAIL" hovering over the guy while a big giant timer hovers over all. between this and all the transaction things to ensure people can beat the game, it's almost as funnier than getting EZ Mode golden mario in the new games

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Unity is back on steam (along with FC4 which mysteriously disappeared) so the rumors of uplay exclusivity seem to have been unfounded.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Still hyped, still going to play it, still going to 100% it and still going to spend 0 additional dollars doing so.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
I'm just gonna wait a few weeks to see what the goon consensus is. Co-op sounds cool but none of my friends are gonna buy it day 1 anyway so I can wait.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Highlight of the stream was the guy whose fancy assassin/templar shirt kept falling apart.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

RagnarokAngel posted:

Unity is back on steam (along with FC4 which mysteriously disappeared) so the rumors of uplay exclusivity seem to have been unfounded.

Except in the UK. In the UK, it seems possible/likely one of the 'Retail Partners' (read: the retail chain GAME, almost certainly) is forcing the issue, so none of the Ubisoft releases are back on. So when you say 'unfounded'...

E: It's still on Origin though, so dunno!

Shockeh fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Nov 8, 2014

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Unity looks gross as hell.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

sellouts posted:

still going to 100% it and still going to spend 0 additional dollars doing so.

Nah.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Looks like I'm pirating this now. Thought the multiplayer looked interesting enough to actually buy it, but it appears not.

Daily Forecast
Dec 25, 2008

by R. Guyovich

sellouts posted:

Still hyped, still going to play it, still going to 100% it and still going to spend 0 additional dollars doing so.

Yup. Even after all this I'm still pretty hyped. Watched some leaked single player gameplay and it still looks fun.

I know this is on par with saying "my dad works at nintendo and he's gonna get me all the pokemon" but a friend of a friend of mine works at Ubisoft, and he (or she? friend wouldn't identify him/her, which is understandable) says that "yeah the microtransactions are pretty much a huge joke around the office, they're only in because marketing demanded it, everything will be obtainable through gameplay, so don't worry about it" to summarize.

Daily Forecast fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Nov 8, 2014

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8DjGzYer-8&list=UU9s0ZYxkI90hP3ADETrHxgg
Here is a guy loving around in the game for 2 hours. No story missions. Looks fun enough.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

pengun101 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8DjGzYer-8&list=UU9s0ZYxkI90hP3ADETrHxgg
Here is a guy loving around in the game for 2 hours. No story missions. Looks fun enough.

That guy has the most grating gamer voice ever.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Wouldn't finance/publishing demand micro transactions? Since when does marketing care about profitability and income?

Joking aside I am p bad at video games but I won't spend money to cheat it and I don't care about playing dressup enough to buy silly hats or whatever

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Do you think the frame rate and graphics problems on PS4 could have something to do with the Firmware 2.0 update effecting some games, and could be fixed by a day one patch? I know the evolve beta had to be pulled down do to the 2.0 firmware causing problems with it.

Daily Forecast
Dec 25, 2008

by R. Guyovich

sellouts posted:

Wouldn't finance/publishing demand micro transactions? Since when does marketing care about profitability and income?

Joking aside I am p bad at video games but I won't spend money to cheat it and I don't care about playing dressup enough to buy silly hats or whatever

Marketing, publishing, whatever. The guys who care about the money.

Really though, it seems like it's just a tacked on thing where "well either you can get in-game money for this sword to buy it like every other loving assassin's creed game ever or you can pay like a dollar if you wanted to cheat yourself out of some gameplay" in which case, wow, it's loving nothing.

I guess there's also the damage and stealth bonuses but heh, Assassin's Creed games are so goddamn easy does that really matter?

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
I heard Unity has a special at GreenMG? I can't seem to find it though.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

Do you think the frame rate and graphics problems on PS4 could have something to do with the Firmware 2.0 update effecting some games, and could be fixed by a day one patch? I know the evolve beta had to be pulled down do to the 2.0 firmware causing problems with it.

I would doubt this, but at the same time, Black Flag for the PS4 did up the game's resolution with a patch down the line.

I've been reading opinions from people who got the game early, and the general idea is that while the game has some bad problems with clipping and a few graphical issues, the game itself is like a mix of Assassin's Creed and Hitman. Apparently an early mission has you killing a guy, but it's very open ended and gives you a couple different examples of ways to do it, like taking a key off a guy to get in as opposed to parkouring your way through.

Crappy Jack fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Nov 8, 2014

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
Does anyone know if we're getting a weird continuation of the "Modern Day" story line from Black Flag in Unity? Or is that in Rogue? And I guess I shouldn't say continuation but just like...more weird links and poo poo. Or is this something that Ubi has managed to keep close to the chest?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Stealthed Zombie posted:

Does anyone know if we're getting a weird continuation of the "Modern Day" story line from Black Flag in Unity? Or is that in Rogue? And I guess I shouldn't say continuation but just like...more weird links and poo poo. Or is this something that Ubi has managed to keep close to the chest?

Rogue continues that the black flag modern day stuff. Not sure what Unity does.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Stealthed Zombie posted:

They've kept it pretty close to their chest.

There was a small leak implying that for Unity you'll be working for the Assassins and going into the Animus for ~reasons~

The current assumption with Rogue is that it'll be an "Abstergo Entertainment" release like Liberation.

Nnnope! Looks like you're playing as An Abstergo Entertainment employee again! Direct continuation!

Snuffman fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Nov 8, 2014

Noirex
May 30, 2006

Someone got a copy early and his impressions seem fairly positive. http://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/2lmzv3/no_spoilers_got_the_game_early_from_amazon_i_will/

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

All the videos have been on Xbone so far. Is there somewhere else talking about the PS4 version?

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I thought I heard on Neogaf that XBO might be superior to PS4, but its Neogaf... so... yeah. I believe someone at some point was streaming the PS4 version according to the thread I was reading.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
So, I completey missed when they gave out the system requirements. A GTX 680 minimum? What the gently caress?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

GhostDog posted:

So, I completey missed when they gave out the system requirements. A GTX 680 minimum? What the gently caress?

The series is infamous for really high specs it shouldn't need. I think short of AC2 on launch they usually run fine on less than that though.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

The minimum requirement is just how ubisoft shifts the blame for its games always running like poo poo

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Minimum specs are complete lies nowadays. They're basically just "This is the lowest spec machine we bothered testing on". Shadow of Mordor, for example, I run at 50-60FPS, 1080p, medium-high settings. I don't meet the minimum requirements.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
It's really the first time I bothered to look at system requirements in a while, so I was a bit shocked there.

And to be honest I've been eyeing a 970 to replace my 670 anyway, I just need a good excuse :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

GhostDog posted:

It's really the first time I bothered to look at system requirements in a while, so I was a bit shocked there.

And to be honest I've been eyeing a 970 to replace my 670 anyway, I just need a good excuse :)

it's not a good excuse I will make fun of you endlessly for buying a vid card based on an AC game

don't listen to me, follow your dreams

ethanol fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Nov 8, 2014

• Locked thread