Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Oh geez what are these emerald idiots doing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strotski
Dec 29, 2013

Never heard a commentator more biased, yeah I get it you want to see the underdog win but holy gently caress
"Yeah run them over with a sunderer hahahah :spergin:"

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

#FireTeam1 #RoyNotAwesome #KVdid620 #KVdid118 #BuffTheOrion

Basically, Emerald's gonna have to pull off a miracle here, but with losing the Tech plants, NC arsenal, etc., I don't know how unless Cobalt suddenly disconnects en masse. Amerish is a bitch to recover.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Is Team 1 going to crumple in the final stretch when pitted against its toughest challenge yet?

Is Team 1 the Atlanta Braves or Indianapolis Colts, adding yet another team to my life that does well in the regular season but breaks my heart in the playoffs?

MORE AT INFOWARS DOT COM

Epic High Five fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Nov 8, 2014

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Strotski posted:

Never heard a commentator more biased, yeah I get it you want to see the underdog win but holy gently caress
"Yeah run them over with a sunderer hahahah :spergin:"

Yeah, guy really does not want Emerald to win, he's the same way every single Emerald game I've watched.

Edit: looks like he'll finally get his wish too unless something dramatic happens.

Alkydere fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Nov 8, 2014

Ra-amun
Feb 25, 2011
We finally got a base after losing eight.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

We just have to pull out our secret weapon: find a nice big hill with a bunch of Cobalt at the bottom of it, and just roll 2fat in their direction. The carnage will be legendary.

Sephuran
Nov 12, 2011

Emerald can bleed afterall.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

So who was on Team 1? Because the only way we could possibly lose is if it had the zergfits.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Looked a LOT worse than this for Mattherson at this point in the MergerSmash

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Emerald getting DUNKED.

Renounced
Nov 8, 2005

POSTING ON THE INTERNET

Epic High Five posted:

Looked a LOT worse than this for Mattherson at this point in the MergerSmash

Well according to Higby Emerald is getting "CRUSHED".

https://twitter.com/mhigby/status/531205063000064000

Your spacehonor is now officially on the line.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Anything that takes the edge off of "canon server :smuggo:" dickwaving would be nice, so go Cobalt.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Blasmeister posted:

Anything that takes the edge off of "canon server :smuggo:" dickwaving would be nice, so go Cobalt.

Like a server smash loss is going to stop that :cmon:

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
I blame the AT Grenade nerf.

Reuben Sandwich
Jan 27, 2007

This song request goes out to Team 1.

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frAEmhqdLFs

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Seems I chose a good SS for the first one I manage to actually play in. GG Emerald :)

Don't think I saw any goons unfortunately, other than rocketing a random GOKU sundie at one point. Mainly fought an outfit called ESU5 (or something like that).

e: later ran into PHX in a couple of attempted retakes but from what I've read in this thread they're not really worth mentioning.

NihilCredo fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Nov 9, 2014

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
I think this conclusively proves just how OP VS is. Incoming nerfs.

Desideratus
Oct 5, 2008

Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people.

RoyAwesome screwed the pooch so drat hard the vet said its spine was split clean in half, air other than ours was a bunch of dumbshit babies that ragequit, nobody but us could figure out how wipe their asses even if they were given an infographic, and command chat apparently read The Art of War: Connery Edition

gg emerald

EDIT: Looking at stats, yeah were were about the only ones that did anything and we're the only ones that took bases (Pushed clean to the amp station). Fuckkkkkkkkkkkkk

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Lynch mob, who is to pay for this disgrace?

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Desideratus posted:

RoyAwesome screwed the pooch so drat hard the vet said its spine was split clean in half, air other than ours was a bunch of dumbshit babies that ragequit, nobody but us could figure out how wipe their asses even if they were given an infographic, and command chat apparently read The Art of War: Connery Edition

gg emerald

Can't even say it was Roy that dropped the ball.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
That was just loving terrible. I'm really not happy that I got stuck squad leading a half hour before the match, when otherwise I would have been infantry with CoOp
We were outnumbered 2-to-1 or more in every air fight, and we had a half a squad of people simply log off partway through. Very little orders, and my squad did a terrible loving job of listening and coordinating.
I spent a bunch of time on the ground and I saw a few bases that Emerald should have been able to save easily, and it just... didn't happen.

Horizontal Tree fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Nov 9, 2014

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

It's obviously KV's fault.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

#emrolledover

Polyakov
Mar 22, 2012

People in the south, whenever i was down there to let nanites regen it was just a constant stream of cobalt air pounding the everloving poo poo out of us, was that a constant theme? The air ball never really ventured south of ravens landing in any significant numbers.

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

Horizontal Tree posted:

That was just loving terrible. I'm really not happy that I got stuck squad leading a half hour before the match, when otherwise I would have been infantry with CoOp
We were outnumbered 2-to-1 or more in every air fight, and we had a half a squad of people simply log off partway through. Very little orders, and my squad did a terrible loving job of listening and coordinating.
I spent a bunch of time on the ground and I saw a few bases that Emerald should have been able to save easily, and it just... didn't happen.

As part of delta in the air platoon, Cobalt really did have a huge amount of air. We all ran out of resources 15 minutes in and had to ground pound for awhile until our nanites came back.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Gentlemen let the drinking to forget begin.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Polyakov posted:

People in the south, whenever i was down there to let nanites regen it was just a constant stream of cobalt air pounding the everloving poo poo out of us, was that a constant theme? The air ball never really ventured south of ravens landing in any significant numbers.

Yes

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

You guys did worse than Connery did last match. Literally worse than Connery.

Polyakov
Mar 22, 2012

Horizontal Tree posted:

It seemed like the air PL just abdicated all leading, we got 3-4 orders throughout the match in Delta, and most of those got us hosed hard.

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug

Polyakov posted:

Pretty much. After the first twenty minutes or so you saw the occasional Reaver but never anything organized. It was pretty much two hours of resecuring points against ceiling gals and getting pounded by PPA spam.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Desideratus posted:

gg emerald

EDIT: Looking at stats, yeah were were about the only ones that did anything and we're the only ones that took bases (Pushed clean to the amp station). Fuckkkkkkkkkkkkk

Wycliffe said one thing over air platoon-wide chat the entire game. It was a poo poo show and their air was playing way way better than ours and he showed pretty much no leadership the entire 2 hours, it was pretty bad. Like what the gently caress dude, it's one platoon. It's not a room of hundreds of people trying to talk at once. Say something to people other than the 4 squad leaders.

After an hour or so of gently caress-all direction from Wycliffe our squad just hosed off and did its own thing and did pretty well :shrug:

Fart Car '97 fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Nov 9, 2014

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

PooNanners just declared Cobalt the new canon server.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

QRYed so hard they ragequit.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Vernii posted:

PooNanners just declared Cobalt the new canon server.

PooNanners, why have you forsaken us? :smith:

Oh right we got rekt.

Polyakov
Mar 22, 2012

BigFatFlyingBloke posted:

Pretty much. After the first twenty minutes or so you saw the occasional Reaver but never anything organized. It was pretty much two hours of resecuring points against ceiling gals and getting pounded by PPA spam.

Our air squad tried to do something but we didn't really get any support other than from yellow in the default colors which i think is bravo, props to our squad leader who was a guy from 903 whose name ive forgotten, he did his best with the utter shitshow that was air coordination, but we went south to try and do some support, had some moderate success then just got swarmed by about 2 full squads of air and wiped out.

Polyakov fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Nov 9, 2014

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Air POV: http://www.twitch.tv/westy543/b/586702414

Fart Car '97 posted:

Wycliffe said one thing over air platoon-wide chat the entire game. It was a poo poo-show and their air was playing way way better than ours and he showed pretty much no leadership the entire 2 hours, it was pretty bad.

Our squads (bravo+delta) were the only two that had any uptime. Charlie (QRY/0PTR/PREY) had people quitting. We got beat by more than Connery did LOL.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Losing NC arsenal and crux early on and having aircraft pretty much quit lost it so hard for emerald. Straight up let them have Sky-PPAs (un-nerfed ed.) for the rest of the match. NC arsenal / crux are like brick walls once you have them and welp. Oh and they got the center mountain.

It was an amazing catastrophe to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
Alright, now that we as a server lost... time to assign the blame!

• Locked thread