Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Anidav posted:

The PS2 has such well known games as Mascot Platformer #355326 and BUZZ.

mario was never on the ps2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
Mascot platformers on PS2: Jak and Daxter and.... uhhh..... maybe a Crash Bandicoot game?? idk??

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Bass Bottles posted:

Mascot platformers on PS2: Jak and Daxter and.... uhhh..... maybe a Crash Bandicoot game?? idk??

I'd call Wrath of Cortex less a game a more something to do between loading screens.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

mario was never on the ps2

no that would have made it good

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
You're all forgetting the fact that the ps2 and Xbox had original IP's. Nintendo has been releasing the same games with a fresh coat of paint (sometimes not that fresh) since they began. I love Zelda and Mario but I can't get myself to shell out money for the same games with the same plots 5th time in a row.

Everyone criticises call of duty and other shooters for having very little variety while giving Nintendo a free pass

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

I think it's safe to say the PS2 was really defined as a videogame console by Sonic Heroes.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Anidav posted:

The PS2 has such well known games as

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Crafty posted:

no that would have made it good

yea mario being on the ps2 might have made mario good

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

holey moley that's a buncha games

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

SBJ posted:

You're all forgetting the fact that the ps2 and Xbox had original IP's. Nintendo has been releasing the same games with a fresh coat of paint (sometimes not that fresh) since they began. I love Zelda and Mario but I can't get myself to shell out money for the same games with the same plots 5th time in a row.

Everyone criticises call of duty and other shooters for having very little variety while giving Nintendo a free pass

I think the difference is that Call of Duty gameplay is pretty mindless even the first time you play it. Zelda might have the same story and structure every time, but there are new puzzles to solve and the gameplay is constantly evolving and changing as you go through.

Even if you think Nintendo only has 5 different games that they recycle 1 at a time per year, that's better than Xbox which only has 1 game that they recycle 5 times a year.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

I used to own about 10 - 15 times more games than that, seriously.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

:holymoley:

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Ps 2 many games

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

And this is only the barbie licensed games.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

echronorian posted:

Ps 2 many games

!!!!!

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Imagine how badly MS' infrastructure would be doing if they made a popular console, in a way the Bone is a blessing.

That line was probably included as a positive somewhere in someone's RackPlank year-end evaluation.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Bass Bottles posted:

I think the difference is that Call of Duty gameplay is pretty mindless even the first time you play it. Zelda might have the same story and structure every time, but there are new puzzles to solve and the gameplay is constantly evolving and changing as you go through.

Even if you think Nintendo only has 5 different games that they recycle 1 at a time per year, that's better than Xbox which only has 1 game that they recycle 5 times a year.

I'll never understand people who poo poo talk Nintendo for rehashing games and then turn around and buy assassin's creed 9/saints row 5/halo 7/etc.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Where-all-the-GameStop-copies-of-madden-go.jpg

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Where-all-the-GameStop-copies-of-madden-go.jpg

:mmmhmm:

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
Its everyones favourite sport, ESPORTS!!!!

Just look at these atheletes http://www.twitch.tv/halo

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Crafty posted:

It's incredibly boring to say the same things to the same people over and over again. It's like a game without any pay off, like the shittest game in the world, it's like a game that's barely able to function, it's like a game called driveclub tm.

it owns

ethanol posted:

just consider for a moment how terrible Sony would become with an actual monopoly over video games, I do not want to live in that dark world

ps2 best gen

ethanol posted:

uh no sorry if you wanted to play online, the ps2 was a piece of dogshit

and so many good exclusives too, on both consoles, but there was plenty of reason to own the xbox

8 gb hard drive bitch

at least you still can play online (for free)

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Anyone playing the crew beta? A code showed in my inbox for some reason.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
It's poo poo

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

echronorian posted:

It's poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4L24TbioC4

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

echronorian posted:

It's poo poo

This is the general consensus about da crew unfortunately.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Crafty posted:

This is the general consensus about da crew unfortunately.

Really?
gently caress :( I knew the story would suck but I could ignore that easily enough if the driving was good.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Platform aside, I was really disappointed that with three new racing games this season only one was good while the other two are just garbage.

Pack it up boys, the Xbox delivered.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

echronorian posted:

Pack it up boys, the Xbox delivered.

That it did, now let's hope they can also deliver the petabytes required so the Bone owners can play Halos 1-4 online (although Halos 1, 3 and 4 are currently playable online on the 360, and 2 you might be able to fake a LAN game with online I guess, or play the PC version?)

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

'TAP' is everything I wanted out of next gen gaming. Thank you for posting this.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

echronorian posted:

Platform aside, I was really disappointed that with three new racing games this season only one was good while the other two are just garbage.

Yeah Mario kart 8 loving owned.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Bass Bottles posted:

Vexx, Spyro, Crash, Jak, Sly, Ratchet, Maximo.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
The crew is the worst game so far on any next gen console.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Don Lapre posted:

The crew is the worst game so far on any next gen console.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Which should I buy next? CoD:AW, Destiny or Halo: MCC? I haven't played a CoD since MW3, I've never been informed of the quality of Destiny but everyone appears to be playing it and I didn't play the earlier Halos because I owned a Gamecube.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Anidav posted:

Which should I buy next? CoD:AW, Destiny or Halo: MCC? I haven't played a CoD since MW3, I've never been informed of the quality of Destiny but everyone appears to be playing it and I didn't play the earlier Halos because I owned a Gamecube.

None of the above? Cod and halo are done to death and just boring as gently caress at this point and they're already making destiny 2 so...

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

The only people playing Halo MCC in 3 months time will be a clan devoted to spending 7 hours setting up elaborate, single shot, grenade + warthog trick jumps.

If that sounds like your thing, then its time to get Chiefing.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Master Chief Collection unironically

It's like this thread has collectively forgotten about LocoCycle

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Crafty posted:

Interesting about tlou, still doesn't explain why you need to buy arrows for your bow through microtransactions though. Guess Sony need that dolla.

There are no microtransactions in TLOU. There are 8 new perks and 8 new guns, and cosmetic items as DLC. You don't buy ammo.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Anidav posted:

COD:AW is gonna be $30 at brandsmart USA tomorrow and you can PM at bestbuy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Anidav posted:

Like you never played any of the halo games, or just not the original Xbox halos?

• Locked thread