Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Cat Terrist posted:

http://www.multisportaustralia.com.au/Home/IndividualResult?clientId=1&raceId=1144&eventId=1&athleteId=419718

That HURT. And I cried like a bitch when I finished I am not ashamed to say. GG that was a godawful load of work to achieve

That sounds like a lot of work! I think I would end up in an ambulance.
They need more woman entrants though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

InitialDave posted:

Yeah, I wasn't sure if it was the kind of thing I'd find a knock-off of in a truckstop or something, but I've got no idea where to look. I do already have one, but would like another if I could find one for a semi-reasonable price.

Yeah no they're 100% a dealer-specific item AFAIK. A little more looking around and it seems like they might not be too badly priced at the dealer though, I'm seeing new ones around for sub-$100 prices.
(you want the gold one, it indicates the truck is 100% Mack parts- though seeing a gold bulldog makes me shriek in horror because their drivetrain parts are nightmare fuel)
If you don't find one by the time you head home I can keep an eye out for you, shipping on something that size can't be too bad to the UK.

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Nov 9, 2014

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Deeters posted:

I found one in Rhode Island once.

Yeah there is one in RI, I've been there

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Five Guys opens kosher-certified locations in Israel: Five Goys.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

goatse guy posted:

I live in Minnesota and a lack of Tim Horton's is the only thing that's keeping us from being part of Canada.

Get rid of that Michelle Bachmann and yep. Canada.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Cat Terrist posted:

http://www.multisportaustralia.com.au/Home/IndividualResult?clientId=1&raceId=1144&eventId=1&athleteId=419718

That HURT. And I cried like a bitch when I finished I am not ashamed to say. GG that was a godawful load of work to achieve

Jesus dude, that is some Bachman Long Walk poo poo right there. Congrats on finishing.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
I need a god drat acreage so I can buy a god drat tractor.

Even a Cub Lo Boy 154. That would make me happy.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Okay, which one of you jerks is responsible for this?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

The Midniter posted:

I saw this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzdRQCnDBlw

in TVIV and just had to share it. It's almost too beautiful to exist in this world.

Just saw that today at a gathering of friends (science-fiction nerds.) It goes to some weird places, doesn't it?

Math chat: math likes me. I took AP Calc in high school, then again in college (where a couple concepts that didn't click in high school finally did) and through to Diff. Eq. (EE track - never finished. Probably should have went ME.) Oddly, Statics and Dynamics kicked my rear end. I kept nearly blowing the tests, even though I did well on the homework. Engineering statistics was not bad. Completely hated Engineering Economy, i.e. Accounting For Engineers. there's software to take care of that asinine poo poo.

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Not five miles from my door is a 5 guys, on the other side of the street is In N Out burger. Living in Utah does have its perks.

We're pretty addicted to Smash Burger though. That place has an excellent burger.

Dallas is good on that front, too. There's a 5 Guys, Smashburger, and In-N-Out all within lunch distance of my workplace. Twisted Root near the house. I wasn't all that impressed with In-N-Out, certainly not up to the hype that surrounded it's opening here. Good enough, but not godlike. Smashburger is awesome. Twisted Root is very good. % guys - need to visit again, and not get the fries. After the burger and them I was too full and it soured the experience.

OH!
Colin Furze is up to some new poo poo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d5ntPLnn78

I can't wait to see this thing wheelie down the road.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
You're in Texas. Just hit up Whataburger.

If you're ever in Iowa, check out B-Bops. 60's style fast food. Good poo poo, good prices.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Yeah 5 Guys fries are a group affair. A small will feed 2-3 easily, a large can feed like 6.

I never get fries there when I'm alone (or from any burger place, really), but they are drat good with some malt vinegar.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

I'm sorta screwed when it comes to burger lunchtime, all my friends prefer thin shoestring fries so they all insist on going to Smashburger or Freddy's when it's a group affair. I prefer 5 guys for the fries alone. The burgers are all good to me, but fuckin' A give me thick soggy fries by the bag full and I'm in heaven. No 5 Guys near my house though so lunchtime during the week is my only option.

Do any of you guys have and/or like Freddy's? drat good burgers and the frozen custard is super tasty too.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Good god Nightcrawler is an amazing loving movie

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Nothing better than watching the tap fitting on your bathroom sink let go and start pouring water out of the underside onto the floor just after you sit down and commence an urgent morning excremeditation session (after going out for curry the night before). whilst hungover. gently caress you lovely cheap mixer taps made of chinesium.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

College football fans are the most obnoxious people in the world.

If only they would get that passionate and vocal about something meaningful...

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Goober Peas posted:

Are you saying that getting drunk off of cheap beer and screaming at the TV doesn't somehow have meaning? :ohdear:

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

Goober Peas posted:

:agreed:

Although around here the basketball fans are worse.

e: omg when did :sherman: get added?

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

Mat_Drinks posted:

Last weekend I downgraded a pair of old pair of jeans to work clothing only to realize just how baggy the 501s I had been wearing to work on the house and in the garage were and how much the bagginess limited my freedom of movement. Of course, they were thin so I promptly ripped a hole in the knee :(

Any of you guys have any suggestions for a pair of work pants/jeans that are trim such that they don't get in the way but NOT skinny and are thick enough that they can hold up some hard work?

I wear rock climbers' jeans. loving awesome flexibility for working on cars and getting into small spaces, but look good too. They've got a clever gusset that means you can basically do the splits in them.

http://www.prana.com/axiom-jean.html

I also wear them to work, to go trekking, to fly in, to the pub... Perhaps I need more than two pairs of the same jean.

meltie fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Nov 9, 2014

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Liquid Communism posted:

You're in Texas. Just hit up Whataburger.

If you're ever in Iowa, check out B-Bops. 60's style fast food. Good poo poo, good prices.

B-Bops can be confirmed for kick rear end burgers. On the weekends, the one on the east side of Des Moines sells them for a buck.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Fucknag posted:

Yeah 5 Guys fries are a group affair. A small will feed 2-3 easily, a large can feed like 6.

I never get fries there when I'm alone (or from any burger place, really), but they are drat good with some malt vinegar.

Haha, says you, a large cajun fry and a double bacon cheeseburger (ie not the junior one) is normally what I have for lunch if I don't eat at work :v:

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 205 days!)

How the hell did it go from a magical 50 degrees at 1am to a sub-frost now that the sun is out? Something is trying to keep me from wrapping up and flipping the drat Cheby. :ohdear:

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*
I want Five Guys now. Take that as you will.

The forecast says 6 to 10 inches of snow between tonight and Tuesday morning. This should make my commute exciting. I have to make sure that I have my winter gear packed for tomorrow because I am sure I'll be cleaning off cars on the lot.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Fucknag posted:

Really? I've always managed to devour a bacon cheeseburger and large fries with no trouble other than feeling like poo poo both physically and mentally for hours afterwards.

I'm not even "goon-sized".

goatse guy posted:

I want Five Guys now.

One at a time or all at once?

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

goatse guy posted:

I want Five Guys now.

In a row? :v:

E: Dammit, thats what I get for getting distracted by my cleaned up fake chrome plastic hub covers this morning.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

BrokenKnucklez posted:

B-Bops can be confirmed for kick rear end burgers. On the weekends, the one on the east side of Des Moines sells them for a buck.

That's like half a mile up the road from me. Many times this has been my solution to hangovers.

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

goatse guy posted:

The forecast says 6 to 10 inches of snow between tonight and Tuesday morning. This should make my commute exciting. I have to make sure that I have my winter gear packed for tomorrow because I am sure I'll be cleaning off cars on the lot.

I guess you aren't being a fibber. From the NWS: "Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 30. Northeast wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches possible."

Thankfully we recently went to four 10 hour days at work, and I chose to have mondays off!!

It's me, I will be the blue 740 in this video tomorrow

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Guys, let's keep the misogyny to a dull roar, ok?

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Ozmiander posted:

We'll try to slow it down and type monosyllabically for you.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Viggen posted:

We'll try to slow it down and type monosyllabically for you.

If only took that advice for driving.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Ozmiander posted:

If only took that advice for driving.

Hello! I am Mahir! I kiss you!

Cracks me up every time.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

Wally Joyner posted:

I guess you aren't being a fibber. From the NWS: "Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 30. Northeast wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches possible."

I live in Roseville and work in Saint Louis Park, so tomorrow will be exciting.

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004
I am so sorry for all of that.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

goatse guy posted:

Crap I leave WI and the snow shows up...every time.

'Winter' tires going on the VW tomorrow. Going with full tread Dunlop Direzza's that have been sitting in the garage for ~6 months. Hope we don't get much snow this year because those tires will be useless and I'll be stuck driving the 928 instead :getin:

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

with no trouble other than feeling like poo poo both physically and mentally for hours afterwards.

We call that "Eating yourself grumpy" at work, and it's a thing you can definitely quantify.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

goatse guy posted:

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

One at a time or all at once?

Ozmiander posted:

Is it truly misogynistic if the same comment could (and probably has) been directed at several males in this subforum, as well?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
the best part about 5guys is making constant innuendo about the name

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Every time I've eaten at five guys I point out to my wife that there are not many skinny people there and if we continue to eat there we will end up like the regulars.

:stare: at those who can handle a double and fries by themselves. That's impressive. In N Out isn't something you get because they are perfectly delicious but it's a good value, it's made fast, the people working there are happier, tastes good enough, but most importantly it is NOT McDonald's. I haven't eaten at McD's, Burger King, Carl's jr, etc in well over a decade and that's okay with me.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Every time I've eaten at five guys I point out to my wife that there are not many skinny people there and if we continue to eat there we will end up like the regulars.

This.

yet when I go into wholefoods for a light lunch I feel like a 18th century whaling vessel compared to the regulars there.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Winter is coming and I have not fixed the blower motor in my car yet. Think the cops will take me driving faster forces more air over the heater core when everything is turned to fresh air vent and the heat on full as an excuse for speeding?

e: Now I want 5 guys, it's been a while since I've eaten there but I could pound a double all the way and a large cajun fry back when I was a fatass, probably not such a great idea now though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004
Yeah, I'm done procrastinating. I'm gonna spark a fire in the garage stove, get around to putting the snow tires on, and organize a bit.

• Locked thread