Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Staryberry posted:

Now for some idiots on social media from STFU Parents:

Exploiting her baby sure seems important to her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Why do you have people like this on your friends list?

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
"YOU CAN'T BE MY FRIEND IF YOU DON'T SAY MY BABY IS THE CUTEST BABY EVER"

Screw unfriending them on Facebook, I'd tell them to gently caress off in real life.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Sagebrush posted:

Why do you have people like this on your friends list?

It's from STFUParents, a mockery site that collects idiots on social media.

Staryberry
Oct 16, 2009
I'm not friends with that person. I found it here: http://www.mommyish.com/author/4df7bbc507dfe/ and here http://www.stfuparentsblog.com/

Also, I have learned from the internet that baby contests bring out the idiots in people:

Guilt tripping:

(also I like how people made it clear that they found one of their sons to be cuter than the other)

Highjacking people's posts:

Spamming:

I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE PRIZE IS. JUST VOTE!

Worst of all, advertising your baby on the Starbucks bulletin board:

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

In 15 years these kids are going to be so thankful that they don't resemble the baby photos that their parents spread around the internet.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Jeherrin posted:

Ah, yes. My uncle is a goldmine for this. He's a closet racist (who moved to Switzerland) who frequently posts the UK equivalent of ARE TROOPS because he was in the RAF.

As a sparky. A civvie. You wouldn't know it from the way he posts, though. You'd think he literally was the entire SAS. Hopefully he'll deliver for the thread soon...

I have a cousin like that. At least 3 times a week he posts something like "IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND THEM FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM" and he gets especially ridculous around Veteran's Day. If you listen to him you'd think he was some Tier 1 Spec Ops noScoperIRL, but he was a sanitation driver in the Air Guard For 2 years.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Staryberry posted:

Now for some idiots on social media from STFU Parents:

Brad n Roxanne

Roxanne n Brad

They have TWO shared accounts? :psyduck:

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde
I've never understood soldier worship one bit, and I am glad I live in a part of the country where that's extremely rare, if it happens at all.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Bobby Digital posted:

Brad n Roxanne

Roxanne n Brad

Liking your own post with your other joint account? That's even more pathetic than just liking your own posts.

TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life
Man, if the other kids are anything like that baby, maybe it's just that nobody wants to vote for your ugly-rear end kids. Be glad you got those pity votes.

Staryberry
Oct 16, 2009

Bobby Digital posted:

Brad n Roxanne

Roxanne n Brad

Well Brad and Roxanne both wanted their own accounts, but they DID NOT want to have their own separate identities. It's a sign that their love is so much stronger than yours or mine. :bahgawd:

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

karl fungus posted:

I've never understood soldier worship one bit, and I am glad I live in a part of the country where that's extremely rare, if it happens at all.

That's because no one died in your country for ARE FREEDOMS :911:

EDIT: VVV I stand by my statement, NYC barely counts as 'merica :colbert:. Just look at how they voted for Obummer last election.

Don Gato has a new favorite as of 21:43 on Nov 8, 2014

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde
I live in New York City, so uh

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

TrekBek posted:

Day by day, friend.

In more "people being stupid with their actual names attached" news, apparently a second Silk Road was shut down.

Don't worry, I have hacked Gibsons before. I got this.

cuber
Dec 29, 2011

100% earnest

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
You should not be aloud on the internet if you take CLICKHOLE.COM seriously.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
People still take the Onion seriously even after it's labelled as "SATIRE" by Facebook.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Don Gato posted:

People still take the Onion seriously even after it's labelled as "SATIRE" by Facebook.

The best Literally Unbelievables are the ones where somebody points out that it's satirical and the person acts like they don't even know what that means. Or when someone says it's fake/a joke and they go "Why? Because they cover the stories nobody else will?!"

NurSpec
May 6, 2007

Win or lose,
just keep on trying!
edit:^haha :hfive:

Don Gato posted:

I'm willing to bet some of those people don't even know what the word means.

NurSpec has a new favorite as of 23:19 on Nov 8, 2014

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

NurSpec posted:

According to a quarter my facebook, satire is a factual account of something that's really happening somewhere in the world RIGHT NOW. You just don't see it, sheeple.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Henchman of Santa posted:

The best Literally Unbelievables are the ones where somebody points out that it's satirical and the person acts like they don't even know what that means. Or when someone says it's fake/a joke and they go "Why? Because they cover the stories nobody else will?!"

I honestly think that this is the result of not reading enough to (or otherwise mentally stimulating in a meaningful way) a child or something. It's like something was done so terribly wrong during a person's developmental years that they end up almost incomprehensibly stupid as an adult and unable to understand concepts such as irony or sarcasm.

Pulsedragon
Aug 5, 2013

That70sHeidi
Aug 16, 2009
It took me a long time to figure out what this kid's name is. Spelling is "rediculous."

Looking for something the whole family can enjoy!

And just... what?!

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Wait, wait! I know this one!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dgmgub8mHw&t=17s

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

NurSpec posted:

My ex-wife thought satire was an article of clothing. I'm not on Facebook or I would have plenty of poo poo to share from her feed.

Gerty
Jun 11, 2013

by XyloJW

Chomp8645 posted:

You should not be aloud on the internet if you take CLICKHOLE.COM seriously.

http://www.clickhole.com/blogpost/time-i-spent-commercial-whaling-ship-totally-chang-768

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

I want to punch the author of that article right in the dicksucker. Just the smugness of the piece is enough to make it happen, but my eyes crossed by the time I got to Chapter 2, just from trying to decipher what this idiot was trying to say.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

The pacing on this one is pretty good.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

No one really posts Onion articles on my feed, how does it show they are satirical?

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
I should be embarrassed to admit it but this is from my 18 year old nephew (again) who is going to have a baby next month (and is unemployed).

Ronnie has a new favorite as of 20:14 on Nov 9, 2014

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

karl fungus posted:

It's staggering how we pretty much only care about active duty people and well-adjusted vets in the US. If you have any actual issues coming back from war (PTSD, missing limbs, etc) you can go gently caress yourself because how dare you drain the tax payers even more.

EZipperelli posted:

I want to punch the author of that article right in the dicksucker. Just the smugness of the piece is enough to make it happen, but my eyes crossed by the time I got to Chapter 2, just from trying to decipher what this idiot was trying to say.

Look where the article is from, bro :thejoke:. Assuming you're not joking, this is a good post for Literally Unbelievable.

Tracula has a new favorite as of 20:39 on Nov 9, 2014

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Tracula posted:

Look where the article is from, bro :thejoke:. Assuming you're not joking, this is a good post for Literally Unbelievable.

I'm pretty sure he's not the one missing the joke here. Click the article.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I think the joke is that Moby Dick is a boring as poo poo book, and he just expresses it in a very unorthodox way. I admit, I read very little of what he wrote.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
I really liked Moby Dick, I don't get the hate. If you don't like the bits about whaling, you can skim those parts super easily (which, I've admittedly done a few times).

But don't tell me you don't think that the bit about how whales are flat-finned fish and not mammals isn't funny.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

Shbobdb posted:

I really liked Moby Dick, I don't get the hate. If you don't like the bits about whaling, you can skim those parts super easily (which, I've admittedly done a few times).

But don't tell me you don't think that the bit about how whales are flat-finned fish and not mammals isn't funny.

Moby Dick is my desert-island favorite book and I re-read it at least once a year. Melville crew represent

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Kajeesus posted:

I think the joke is that Moby Dick is a boring as poo poo book, and he just expresses it in a very unorthodox way. I admit, I read very little of what he wrote.

The article is literally the entire text of Moby-Dick

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

The article is literally the entire text of Moby-Dick

OK thank you. I'd never read it, but like 3 lines into the "article" I had a feeling that this was just the entire book Moby Dick. And that's the joke.

But Goons and not getting jokes is kinda the staple of this forum.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

kannonfodder posted:

OK thank you. I'd never read it, but like 3 lines into the "article" I had a feeling that this was just the entire book Moby Dick. And that's the joke.

But Goons and not getting jokes is kinda the staple of this forum.

Between the You're Not in Kansas Anymore discussion and the Silicon Valley thread I'm beginning to wonder if this is actually a comedy website.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Between the You're Not in Kansas Anymore discussion and the Silicon Valley thread I'm beginning to wonder if this is actually a comedy website.

It's more of a PYF problem

• Locked thread