Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I hated hardcore because you die fast enough regularly did something change?

Then again I only play Dom and I never understood people who only do HC dom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I hope there are some bigger maps coming.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
Slightly related, but am I imagining it or did MW2 have a mode where there were no killstreaks? Called like Barebones or something. Not saying I want it back or anything, I'm just not sure if I'm making it up or not.

tjones
May 13, 2005

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Slightly related, but am I imagining it or did MW2 have a mode where there were no killstreaks? Called like Barebones or something. Not saying I want it back or anything, I'm just not sure if I'm making it up or not.

It did.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

The Machinima Man posted:

AK12 with a foregrip has a much tighter spread, akin to the LSAT with foregrip from Ghosts. IMR, meanwhile, is a straight, vertical line. The choice comes down to making sure every bullet gets there versus every bullet dealing more damage and some of them missing.

Source: I have the strategy guide and it has every graph in it.

I can well believe it, I have the gold camo for the AK after all. It really just comes down to whatever you feel most comfortable with I think. I just click with the IMR.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

coyo7e posted:

I hope there are some bigger maps coming.

For the 3rd time I'm trying to convince myself not to get the season pass ugh

They have access to retro maps since the one you get now is so that's promising

And they hinted at adding more guns on Twitter so yeah you know what that means

Cab
Apr 23, 2003
What happened to Ty and Whiskey?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'm not sure if I suck or if I found a cheater on the PS4 this afternoon.
Playing with the AK12 'Bleeder', I hit a guy with 3 or 4 rounds mid-air, he lands next to me.
I 'bash' him as he lands.
We both orientate ourselves.
I bash him again.
Still standing, fire another 5 shots into him.
Bash him again.
Hit him with another 2 rounds and take him down.
During this entire time he's hit/shot me with something maybe 2 times.

My connection is very solid, and his showed full bars in the post-game. I know it sounds like a latency thing, but there was no delay, no him spinning around for no reason, etc. I just beat the poo poo out of this guy before he went down.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Christoff posted:

If they promised Ghilly suits and some maps like that old soviet bloc apartment complex from MW1 where I used to go 25-0 in FFA.. I'd probably give in. :ohdear:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm starting to wonder what's the point in using all the stealth perks when the spawns flip so often.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Alteisen posted:

I'm starting to wonder what's the point in using all the stealth perks when the spawns flip so often.
I use them all, plus the Mute Exo, and constantly get the drop on people. Also it's nice to run around entirely ignoring any and all kill streaks. Perk 2 Greed is pretty much a given on all of my loadouts.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Cab posted:

What happened to Ty and Whiskey?

Ty has been around and I've played with him a few times this week. Whiskey moved to San Francisco and out of god's one true timezone.

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
I've only managed to get into the Goliath once but the machine gun is incredibly inaccurate. Does it have a lockdown mode and I missed the prompt or is it as garbage as I think?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Big Beef City posted:

I'm not sure if I suck or if I found a cheater on the PS4 this afternoon.
Playing with the AK12 'Bleeder', I hit a guy with 3 or 4 rounds mid-air, he lands next to me.
I 'bash' him as he lands.
We both orientate ourselves.
I bash him again.
Still standing, fire another 5 shots into him.
Bash him again.
Hit him with another 2 rounds and take him down.
During this entire time he's hit/shot me with something maybe 2 times.

My connection is very solid, and his showed full bars in the post-game. I know it sounds like a latency thing, but there was no delay, no him spinning around for no reason, etc. I just beat the poo poo out of this guy before he went down.

That's not cheating, that's just the current state of the netcode.

Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! OFFERS 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE TO ANY LIBERAL - SA MEMBER STARTS TO ACCEPT, THEN BACKS OUT AND WETS PANTS AFTER LEARNING IRONKNUCKLE HAS DEBATED ON TELEVISION BEFORE! READ HERE
Any goons wanna team up for hardcore team deathmatch? or anything really.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Posting to say I love the Heavy Shield. Love it.

bye

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Overbite posted:

Posting to say I love the Heavy Shield. Love it.

bye

Is there a trick to using it because I get shat on every time I tried it.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

keyframe posted:

Is there a trick to using it because I get shat on every time I tried it.

Protip: Never run at a dude with it. If you're standing they can shoot at your feet. If it's on your back then you can't get shot in the back. For bonus fun, have the exo shield up and heavy shield on your back and just be annoying.

To kill dudes with it, fight them in tight areas. Never fight out in the open unless you know you can kill them because it takes 2 bashes to drop someone.

It's also great in modes where you need to defend a spot. Just back into a corner and plant the thing on the ground in front of you and hide behind it.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Overbite posted:

Protip: Never run at a dude with it. If you're standing they can shoot at your feet. If it's on your back then you can't get shot in the back. For bonus fun, have the exo shield up and heavy shield on your back and just be annoying.

To kill dudes with it, fight them in tight areas. Never fight out in the open unless you know you can kill them because it takes 2 bashes to drop someone.

It's also great in modes where you need to defend a spot. Just back into a corner and plant the thing on the ground in front of you and hide behind it.

Gets way better when you get the fast melee mod too. God drat.

Galdarion
Apr 13, 2014
Game still seams too similar to the others to me. fps isn't evolving.:(

DoubleAughtMeowMix
May 3, 2006

B33 < Meow what is so funny
I can't hear anything from enemy players running around me, known issue or 'feature'? It's like everyone is using dead silence all the time except my teammates who stomp stomp stomp everywhere.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

dreffen posted:

Gets way better when you get the fast melee mod too. God drat.

Yeah it gets a lot easier to kill dudes. I'm working towards the shock plant because that seems super rad but killing someone in a 3 second time limit after I plant it doesn't come easily. Though when I get it I'll have to decide between that and fast melee because my current build is 13/13.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Does no one use mics in this at all? Ive just been playing random games on PS4 and I think I heard one brit swearing once. That's it. I'm more used to PC shooters where everyone is usually working together with comms.

Also, does the season pass get you anything today?

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Philthy posted:

Does no one use mics in this at all? Ive just been playing random games on PS4 and I think I heard one brit swearing once. That's it. I'm more used to PC shooters where everyone is usually working together with comms.

Also, does the season pass get your anything today?

I hear dudes with mics all the time on PS4 so maybe it's you. At the start of every game I have to go in and mute everyone. I don't want to hear people debate on if Randy Orton or John Cena is the strongest.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Philthy posted:

I had a death mic where a guy kept shouting the n word.

Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! OFFERS 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE TO ANY LIBERAL - SA MEMBER STARTS TO ACCEPT, THEN BACKS OUT AND WETS PANTS AFTER LEARNING IRONKNUCKLE HAS DEBATED ON TELEVISION BEFORE! READ HERE

Philthy posted:

Lets get a team going of people with mics add me TwoJsquared

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Who the gently caress wants to hear other people talk?
The lobbies are full of people playing music into their mics, and my favorite, 'screaming baby needs help'. gently caress that. I'd rather mute everyone than get one tip about a guy shooting another guy when my average life expectancy in this game is probably under a minute.

sdr782
Jun 7, 2005

"I said it was dodgeball time, bitch."
Gung Ho turns this into a completely different game. Especially when using the akimbo SMGs

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Christoff posted:

If the first pack of maps/guns is good I'll probably get the season pass. I really like 99% of thing sledgehammer did with this game so I don't feel it's that risky. More of the same concept in the main game sounds perfect to me.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Philthy posted:

I hear people all the time v(XBox 360), death mics aren't super common but most people are like me and end up going "gently caress!" "Motherfucker!" "Oh poo poo!" "Oh gently caress me!" every time they get killed without warning when they're wearing a mic. It's pretty satisfying to hear someone holler "CHEATING FUCKWAD!!!" when I slide into them and rabbit-punch them to death.

Does PS4 come with a mic?

Overbite posted:

Sounds a lot like the original Riot Shield then - get a pistol+tac knife or an SMG, lightweight, and just make sure everybody's eating your dust. The Exo Shield BLOWS though in MP, it only lasts for like 3 or 4 seconds total.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I have some apple earbuds from buying an iphone this year - and there's apparently no way to pipe in the audio through headphones and also mute the mic.

No options to mute yourself in the game or in the ps4 menus - going into "Adjust devices" doesn't help.

Its not a huge problem, but it does create awkward moments. Sorry random CoD players for hearing me barter with my girlfriend on when to watch Scandal.

drink slurm
Feb 18, 2010

Anime and Weed, what else do you need?
slurmsSA on psn. anime clan / autism confirmed

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
PS4 comes with a mic and I hear people talking all the time, same with the death mic. Last night it was hilarious when I joined a game where a premade was dominating the game and I just kept killing a bunch of them every time they tried to cap B on Solar. You could tell they were used to just walking all over people because every time I killed one of them they threw a bitchfit.

Also Semtex grenades are lethal as hell on HC, it doesn't take much to die so even being a decent distance away will more than likely kill you.

Sure you die really easy on HC but so does everyone else. People going 30-40 and 5 is really rare in HC matches. Average K/DR is probably like 0.8 to 1.8

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

DoubleAughtMeowMix posted:

I can't hear anything from enemy players running around me, known issue or 'feature'? It's like everyone is using dead silence all the time except my teammates who stomp stomp stomp everywhere.

Its just the game's poor sound design. Nothing you can do about it until they fix it.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Sorry Bear, I only had one more game in me so I just played one really quick instead of rejoining you guys.

On the plus side, Domination Mastery in under a week :getin:

Undead Muppet
Apr 29, 2007

coyo7e posted:

The Exo Shield BLOWS though in MP, it only lasts for like 3 or 4 seconds total.

Exo abilities seems to be split solidly into reactive and proactive camps. I would say the Exo Shield is reactive. It's handy if you run out of ammo in the middle of a shootout, or have a 1v1 that turns into a 2v1.

As opposed to Exo Stim, which is best used when you know you're about to get into a shootout, or after you've already disengaged from a losing fight and are setting up for an ambush.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Just tried uplink, that actually quite fun. Seems like a good game mode to get attachments as well.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
What allows you to keep points towards streaks after death? Even though it increases cost? I'm not good at this game and would like to see some streaks.

tjones
May 13, 2005

Alteisen posted:

Just tried uplink, that actually quite fun. Seems like a good game mode to get attachments as well.

You are a horrible person. Uplink is terrible and I prefer CTF to Uplink. At least CTF is somewhat structured and doesn't feel as schizophrenic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Fart Sandwiches posted:

What allows you to keep points towards streaks after death? Even though it increases cost? I'm not good at this game and would like to see some streaks.

The support upgrade, but it's only available for certain streaks. The ones I use it on are UAV and Care Package.

• Locked thread