Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

Rocketlex posted:

I wish Brimstone paired with more things, like Cricket's Body. That'd be a hell of a thing.

I just had a run where I paired cricket's body with parasite, and it was like double splash. I then got tiny planet and whenever a shot hit anything it would splinter into several tiny projectiles that kept on spinning.

I then got spoon bender and guppy, it was amazing. I stopped looking for more items and just went straight to (and killed) the Lamb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
-14 winstreak.

Killed mom with the Bible. Take that!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Mega Satan is a lot easier and more fun than I thought. I'm also amazed at myself that I managed to beat him with only 3 hearts at the start(though he gives you a few soul hearts) and a not-super overpowered loadout.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Darth Windu posted:

Who are the grey people frozen in certain rooms? Should I blow them up? They seem so sad.

they're just there. probably old shop owners or eople who lost their way...

it's sad but if you blow them up you get items

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
i did some good runs a couple hours ago

ArfJason posted:

i just:

-attempted a ??? run for the first time where i almsot got momma's boy. first time to the cathedral too:

-did my first isaac cathedral run:

-did my first hard mode run with isaac (epic randomizer room gave me lil brimstone):

-attempted suicide king for the first time and almost got it

still pissed at losing suicide king at womb 2 and getting hit as ??? by It Lives right as it dies, robbing me of momma's boy.

also on release day, my second run:

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Logan 5 posted:

That cobalt guy really really needs to shave his face.

He basically ripped his stream whole cloth from LethalFrag, including the not shaving thing. Except of looking like a wizard he looks like a sentient ballbag with out of control pubes.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

ArfJason posted:

they're just there. probably old shop owners or eople who lost their way...

it's sad but if you blow them up you get items

You also unlock something if you blow up many enough.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Broken Cog posted:

You also unlock something if you blow up many enough.

huh? I've blown up a lot, what is it?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

ArfJason posted:

huh? I've blown up a lot, what is it?

the lucky toe

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

So yeah, Parasite + Cricket's Body + High Fire Rate turns the room into a hellstorm of tiny pellets, to the point of causing slowdown. I'm almost afraid to take any other shot modifiers.

Edit: Add in Cancer and it's like a loving tear firehose. I'm clearing EVERY normal-size room in under a second of firing, without even aiming.

Quinctia
Jul 17, 2006

Disasterrific.
I was getting so frustrated earlier today. I must have died six or seven times in a row. This is the first day I played a lot of the game, so I previously had about 2-3 deaths, plus the first Mom kill that unlocks the Womb.

I was about ready to give up and try another day, when I had a crazy decent run with Samson, which unlocked Judas, had an even better run with Judas where I unlocked Maggie (and I did take at least one deal with the Devil before that, I got that much HP).

Which lead to a crazy insane Maggie run where I got Mama's Boy. I never got Mama's Boy in the original.

RGF1
HK6E

Items of note, double shot, Taurus, Brimstone, Tammy's Head, a bunch of HP, and, since I fought Ultra Pride and got the Left Hand, all four Guppy Items...which unlocked the hairball. So, I was Guppy, but I was killing things so fast with Tammy's Head, I was building up a crazy fly army that never had a chance to do anything.

I still haven't beat the Womb with Azazel. Seeing how my luck has been going, I'd be better off trying Eve next.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I was doing the Suicide King challenge and got an angel room with the holy grail after mom's heart. Don't know if I could have finished the challenge without it.

Is there some special condition where you can get a useful devil/angel room after the mom's heart fight?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

DXF9 6KJ9 is this bonkers run

Only registered members can see post attachments!

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil
Had an ok run going, was in Sheol and entered a double locked room with a weird rug which randomized all my pickups when I stepped on it. My new items allowed me to kill Satan with no effort at all.

The thing is, I've stepped on the rug before in another room, and it teleported me to the devil room on the floor. I guess the rug has entirely random effects?

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
It's a die and the number on the die represents what effect it will have.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Beating Satan with one single heart is god drat terrifying. And of course I had to get a super awesome Guppy loadout on a challenge run.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I really hope that in order to unlock The Lost, I don't have to do it all in one go; no resets at all.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
So apparently if you get enough "Fly" items in the same run, Isaac turns into the Human Fly. That's news to me, and that's pretty cool.

For reference, I had the Smart Fly and Forever Alone after a lucky Dice Room, and Skatole caused the transformation.

IMJack fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Nov 9, 2014

jsr v2.0
Jun 26, 2004
japanese seisure robots
Alright, so I just beat the final Mega Satan on Isaac. I didn't get any achievements or item unlocks. Is that normal? Seems kind of sad to not get anything cool for beating him =\

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Remind me how to unlock the D4.

Rashomon
Jun 21, 2006

This machine kills fascists
Does Polyphemus pair in an interesting way with either Number One or Soy Milk? I have both of those as options in the Boss Rush room right now...

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

IMJack posted:

So apparently if you get enough "Fly" items in the same run, Isaac turns into the Human Fly. That's news to me, and that's pretty cool.

For reference, I had the Smart Fly and Forever Alone after a lucky Dice Room, and Skatole caused the transformation.

Yeah I've done this in the orbital challenge. Not sure if it unlocks anything or does anything but I did get fly wings.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

The challenges can be both frustrating and amazing. Beating my head against the wall pretty hard with Waka Waka but drat if it didn't lead to the best Wrath fight. Watching Wrath get trapped on his own bombs by the ball of gravity tears I was making was pretty damned hilarious.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Does the boss rush door stay open if I go into the devil room?

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

dis astranagant posted:

Does the boss rush door stay open if I go into the devil room?

Yep

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Thanks. The Dark Bum was the Devil item, Tiny Planet was my pick for the rush. Sadly there's no giant black teeth, just some of the tears make the tooth splat.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Nov 9, 2014

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009

So It Goes posted:

That's so crazy. I love the people getting butthurt that it was discovered through datamining and not the "legit" way of dying a specific way with an item that is random to get to get 1 of like 50+ puzzle pieces in a death screen that you would have to screenshot and piece together. Like holy poo poo that's the "legit" way? When the "legit" way of discovering the unlock is that loving obtuse, tedious, and dumb, what does it matter how exactly the person who told you about it discovered it? Either way, some random internet nerd discovered the method to unlock the character and you follow the instructions. It's not like any single person would piece that together "legit" of randomly getting the item and then randomly finding a sacrifice room to get a random puzzle piece, and repeat 50 or so times, so that you can screenshot and piece together the clue in a "legit" way. It's so insane.
I think it would have been better if it 'saved' a copy of the puzzle pieces somewhere. Maybe not even in an obvious location. Either an option that only opens up after you get puzzle pieces, or by entering a code.

Keeping in with the similar mechanics, I guess it would be just each puzzle piece was on a different page, like the secrets list thing.

I'm not sure how the tarot cards even tie into figuring it out. Unless there's a second secret.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Hmmm, this game stopped working. All I get when I start it is the audio.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
Krampus' Head is just completely absurd.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Sheesh, watching the Cobalt and Richard stream, this Lost run was tense as hell.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Is the second form of Satan that you need for the Lost the one where he changes into the bigger version after you kill the first form and the two it splits into? Or are the two split guys considered the second version?

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Do you guys think anyone will ever be able to do a lost run all the way to isaac and win?

tRIDAV
Jul 10, 2001

Oh, cruel fates, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones, it bones for thee.

something posted:

Do you guys think anyone will ever be able to do a lost run all the way to isaac and win?

All that's needed is some good RNG for items. It will happen.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

something posted:

Anyone? Yeah, probably in the next couple days if not tonight.

Me? Holy poo poo no.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

people out there have the skill, but they just need the rng to cooperate. it's entirely possible.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Bets on if the speedrunning community is going to be masochistic enough to include The Lost runs for their standard format.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Brother Entropy posted:

Bets on if the speedrunning community is going to be masochistic enough to include The Lost runs for their standard format.

totally

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Brother Entropy posted:

that would go against the speedrunner's creed of taking damage to save time, so i want to say 'no' for the sake of hilarity

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Yeah you just need to get lucky, if you got something like the Holy Mantle early on it wouldn't even be super hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
http://www.twitch.tv/antizoubilamaka

This dude is about to finish the chest as The Lost b/c he got some sort of glitch that made him unable to die.