Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

ShakeZula posted:

Somebody's forgotten the trip to Russia.

Ollie became Eskimo brothers with his Dad AND Dig on that trip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Harbinger, not Ravager.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah, that's Dig's lady's codename in ARGUS. (And the superhero name of the character she's super-loosely based on from the comics. She once fought a dude powered by cocaine! :flashfact:)

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

DivisionPost posted:

I'm sure the show itself makes their job pretty easy, but the CW has a pretty bad-rear end promo department.

Pretty big contrast from ABC. Agents of Shield is pretty good now (or at the very least it has plenty of cool moments and fight scenes that that you could work with) but all the promos for it make it look really, really dumb and focus on weird things.

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011
The trailer for next week's episode is... very strange. Cool but strange. It gave off an almost supernatural vibe what with the psychic dreams and candle seance thing. Does the paranormal ever come into play in the Arrowverse or was the trailer purposely filmed to be misleading? Is it all Cupid stuff?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I don't know about supernatural but Ollie has had several hallucinations of dead people talking to him and giving him advice.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Bad Moon posted:

I don't know about supernatural but Ollie has had several hallucinations of dead people talking to him and giving him advice.

So you're saying that Barry comes back and doses Roy with rat poison? :v:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Scyantific posted:

So you're saying that Barry comes back and doses Roy with rat poison? :v:

I don't know, he wasn't dosed with rat poison back on the island when his dead dad talked to him and Barry confirmed that there was nothing wrong with Oliver when he saw Slade and Tommy.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Ghost Tommy was real

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Seriously. If the Ghost Tommy scene didn't at least bring you to half mast you're doing something wrong.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Tommy makes a great Uncle Ben, best corpse ever.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Whizbang posted:

He'll start as The Boomerang on Arrow and become Captain Boomerang on Flash.

Nice to see someone moving up the ranks so quickly.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Rhyno posted:

Seriously. If the Ghost Tommy scene didn't at least bring you to half mast you're doing something wrong.

Half mast, like a chubby? That's kinda weird, but whatever floats your boat.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Drifter posted:

Half mast, like a chubby? That's kinda weird, but whatever floats your boat.

Well, something is floating...

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Rhyno posted:

Well, something is floating...

Oliver's dad's body, in the ocean.

Logical1234
Dec 3, 2013
So... I don't really talk much on these forums. I'm gonna change that, Arrow is awesome.

So here's a question for you all. Do you prefer the potential Man of Steel verse, or the Current Arrowverse on TV. Also, who should be part of the invetible Arrowverse Justice Leauge? Flash is Superman, Arrow is Batman, but which obscure DC characters will enter the lineup?

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Logical1234 posted:

So... I don't really talk much on these forums. I'm gonna change that, Arrow is awesome.

So here's a question for you all. Do you prefer the potential Man of Steel verse, or the Current Arrowverse on TV. Also, who should be part of the invetible Arrowverse Justice Leauge? Flash is Superman, Arrow is Batman, but which obscure DC characters will enter the lineup?

The rumor is that the Supergirl show in development may exist in the Arrow/Flash-verse, so she could fill the role of Wonder Woman AND Superman. I'd still prefer Power Girl, though.

We also have Arsenal, Black Canary, Wildcat, Atom, and Firestorm introduced already or on the way, and Booster Gold has been promised on Flash. I'd kill to see Booster, Blue Beetle, and The Question introduced, and the Vic Sage version of The Question has history with Green Arrow and the Huntress in the comics.

I'm also hoping John Diggle's middle name is revealed to be Stewart, and that he finds a magical green ring.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Nov 9, 2014

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i wanna see Superman as the Flash

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
^^^ - Fast running AND flying? sign me up!

Logical1234 posted:

What's in the Man of Steel 'verse? And Arrow is clearly not Batman. Batman actually has plans. Arrow is just "whatevs. lol."

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
"Batman with bows" was pretty much how this show was sold to me and it does constantly crib plotlines from the Nolan movies, so...

In other news, people reminded me that Sarah's killer said "Hello, Sarah" in a modulated voice and people say you could hear a bow being drawn - so it looks like the Roy thing, despite him having a vision of her last words, is probably a cheap and lovely mislead. :smith:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

VagueRant posted:

"Batman with bows" was pretty much how this show was sold to me and it does constantly crib plotlines from the Nolan movies, so...

In other news, people reminded me that Sarah's killer said "Hello, Sarah" in a modulated voice and people say you could hear a bow being drawn - so it looks like the Roy thing, despite him having a vision of her last words, is probably a cheap and lovely mislead. :smith:

It could be a physic attack or some sort of dream poo poo. The league does love its fear poo poo.

Woden
May 6, 2006
Really digging the Arrow 'verse TBH, poo poo is escalating pretty well. Season one I couldn't see any way of having any crazy poo poo like The Flash being compatible but now it works fine, dropping Superman into Arrow would be just as easy as putting Thor into AoS now which is awesome.

Telling a side story about some low level scrub like Green Arrow in Man of Steel land would either feel really out of place or a waste of time, so not as great for the DC metaverse.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I'm also hoping John Diggle's middle name is revealed to be Stewart, and that he finds a magical green ring.

This would be amazing. I was surprised to find out he was a creation of the show, because the name John Diggle has such an old-timey comic book vibe to it.

Drifter posted:

What's in the Man of Steel 'verse? And Arrow is clearly not Batman. Batman actually has plans. Arrow is just "whatevs. lol."

I think this is just the Batman/Superman movie and the projected Justice League movies?

One thing I wondered about Arrow was how they would have him solve crimes and track down suspects, since he doesn't have the whole World's Greatest Detective motif, and it turns out they'll just give him his own Oracle to do all the heavy lifting. That's kinda why I steered clear of this show for a while, because "Batman-with-bows, only not as good", seemed weak on the surface. I think this show hits it out of the park with its source material for the most part, but I don't know if they'll ever get to the "inevitable" Justice League, because how can you really do JLA-style threats with A: a TV budget and B: no Batman or Superman. (And realistically, no Green Lantern, either, because that poo poo's expensive.)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Phenotype posted:

This would be amazing. I was surprised to find out he was a creation of the show, because the name John Diggle has such an old-timey comic book vibe to it.

He's named after a writer and based loosely on an existing character.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Rhyno posted:

He's named after a writer and based loosely on an existing character.

Didn't they just create a new 52 John Diggle based on Arrow's?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Phenotype posted:

I don't know if they'll ever get to the "inevitable" Justice League, because how can you really do JLA-style threats with A: a TV budget and B: no Batman or Superman. (And realistically, no Green Lantern, either, because that poo poo's expensive.)

Easily. There are plenty of problems the regular Justice League can't handle.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

greatn posted:

Yes but what I'm talking about was way before that, just after Infinite Crisis. John Smalls was introduced as Ollie's bodyguard in One Year Later. Diggle is based loosely on that character.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I wanna watch Ollie fight Captain Boomerang.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

greatn posted:

Yes they did, and I think they reworked Felicity out to be a new individual character from what she used to be in DC comics.

Drifter posted:

Does, "I'm going to save my city by taking out a list of corrupt people" count as a plan?

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Booster Gold has been promised on Flash.
Not saying I don't believe you, but promised, or rumored? Anyone got a source on that, because Booster :syoon: Also, because this:

quote:

I'd kill to see Booster, Blue Beetle, and The Question introduced, and the Vic Sage version of The Question has history with Green Arrow and the Huntress in the comics.

Is Montoya on Gotham? (I haven't bothered to watch that after seeing it get ripped apart in the BSS TV thread.) I like her version of The Question as well, and she appears in a run of Birds of Prey doing a team-up with Huntress to save Black Canary; so there's some history there, too.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
A person with the name of Rene Montoya is on Gotham, but she's a lovely detective breaking laws left and right because she still loves Gordon's girlfriend, and harasses her. It's seriously a pathetic character.

Scyantific posted:

Yes they did, and I think they reworked Felicity out to be a new individual character from what she used to be in DC comics.

Does, "I'm going to save my city by taking out a list of corrupt people" count as a plan?

No, that counts as goal.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

Scyantific posted:

Batman's ability to plan is way overrated. He can't figure out a way to keep anyone in jail.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Montoya on Gotham is totally pussy whipped too.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Not saying I don't believe you, but promised, or rumored? Anyone got a source on that, because Booster :syoon: Also, because this:

Is Montoya on Gotham? (I haven't bothered to watch that after seeing it get ripped apart in the BSS TV thread.) I like her version of The Question as well, and she appears in a run of Birds of Prey doing a team-up with Huntress to save Black Canary; so there's some history there, too.

Sounds like a very strong, credible rumor, directly from Geoff Johns. He wrote some of the best Booster stories ever in 52 and his own relaunched series, as well as the Smallville episode where Booster, Jaime Reyes, and Ted Kord all appeared:

http://www.cinemablend.com/television/Time-Traveling-Superhero-May-Heading-Flash-67701.html

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Rocksicles posted:

"I know you dumped me, and have a boyfriend, but I still love you and am going to save you. BTW, I heard your boyfriend is a pedophile, and rapes dogs...He might have killed someone, too. What? A homeless man told me. Believe me. Also, gimme a kiss, luv."

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Rocksicles posted:

Montoya on Gotham should really worry everyone about how women are going to be treated in the DC tv/movie universe. As who though crazy, lesbian stalker was a good idea?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Stephen just posted this on Facebook. Maybe a new logo for the crossover episode?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Deadpool posted:

Stephen just posted this on Facebook. Maybe a new logo for the crossover episode?

That's an awkward arrowhead to shoot.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Drifter posted:

The lighting bolt makes it go faster, duh!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Drifter posted:

The shaft is actually behind it. It's for giving wicked scars.

• Locked thread