Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

VDay posted:

Is the second form of Satan that you need for the Lost the one where he changes into the bigger version after you kill the first form and the two it splits into? Or are the two split guys considered the second version?

The one where he breaks free from the statue and flies around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
One pathetically small complaint I have is that I don't like Mom's voice near as much this time around. It just sounds too... digital? In the original it really sounded like some fat, crazy evangelical to me.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Yeah you just need to get lucky, if you got something like the Holy Mantle early on it wouldn't even be super hard.

I'm wracking my brain trying to think of how The Lost wouldn't be painful to play as, and that's basically the only way. Holy Mantle followed by ridiculous devil deals. It's not hard, just probably too tedious for me because I have to wait for the game to set up the perfect run.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

PostNouveau posted:

Hmmm, this game stopped working. All I get when I start it is the audio.

Took care of this by deleting the options.ini. I think that's the go-to move for a few problems.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Tracula posted:

One pathetically small complaint I have is that I don't like Mom's voice near as much this time around. It just sounds too... digital? In the original it really sounded like some fat, crazy evangelical to me.

'Digital' isn't the word I'd use but I still see what you're getting at. It has a rehearsed quality to it that makes her sound less deranged.

PureQuestion
Oct 15, 2014

Made some stuff. Some of it even didn't suck.
To unlock the Lost, do the deaths have to be consecutive or do they not hate us quite that much?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

mom's voice had a much more 'natural' feel to it in the old game and the times when she sang out isaac's name actually added a fair bit of character to it because it came off like someone who's off their rocker calling out to someone who they're going to stab the second they turn the corner or something. newer voice isn't as good, but i usually don't pay much attention to those fights anymore so i guess it's a moot point.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Brother Entropy posted:

'Digital' isn't the word I'd use but I still see what you're getting at. It has a rehearsed quality to it that makes her sound less deranged.

Props to the new voice actress for making Mom's evil laugh just as corny-sounding as the original, though.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Been playing this super slowly (though sadly I think everythings spoiled me so oh well) and got to Isaac and it just struck me as to why I like the intro art so much.

Entire game you see Isaac as innocent and the VS screens just show a crying baby, when you have it reversed on you and you're the horrible monster it works pretty well. I dunno why I didn't think about it when I got P. God years ago but still, it's one little touch I enjoy.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

tRIDAV posted:

All that's needed is some good RNG for items. It will happen.

Heck, you need less RNG than normal since The Lost gets Devil Room items for free.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Okay unless there's something I just don't understand the dead boy trophy on the PSN version must just be bugged because I have beaten chest and dark room without taking damage. I assumed this meant that I had to beat Mega Satan undamaged to make the trophy count, and after many attempts and studying its attacks like crazy I got it.

Then the trophy STILL didn't pop. Anyone have any outside knowledge or any ideas? I am 100% sure I didn't get hit.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Good lord I am losing my mind looking for a mulliboom to die to. Haven't seen one in like 30 minutes of restarting over and over and over again. Come on game, just give me the annoying enemy that I want for a change.

MessiahForHire
Oct 15, 2012
I think my favourite item/character combo I've gotten so far is, while playing as Azazel, getting both the Ludovico Technique and then the Spoon Bender. Controllable circle of Brimstone that also warps to touch enemies. :allears:

I didn't realize what the codes in the pause menu were at the time, though, so I didn't end up saving that seed.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

13/f/cali posted:

Okay unless there's something I just don't understand the dead boy trophy on the PSN version must just be bugged because I have beaten chest and dark room without taking damage. I assumed this meant that I had to beat Mega Satan undamaged to make the trophy count, and after many attempts and studying its attacks like crazy I got it.

Then the trophy STILL didn't pop. Anyone have any outside knowledge or any ideas? I am 100% sure I didn't get hit.

Someone on reddit is claiming this achievement is bugged, and no one will be able to get 100% until it's fixed. So bummer for those two guys playing it nonstop till they're done.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Are there unlocks for beating the Boss rush with each character?

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

Holy poo poo, 9 lives makes The Lost invincible. How did they not catch that?

Read
Dec 21, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

Someone on reddit is claiming this achievement is bugged, and no one will be able to get 100% until it's fixed. So bummer for those two guys playing it nonstop till they're done.

I've done both, no dice. Pretty sure he's right and it's bugged.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

RatHat posted:

Are there unlocks for beating the Boss rush with each character?

Yup.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
How do you use the beds (on PS4)? None of the controls seem to have any effect on it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Something new that make The Poop not worthless: You can blow up poop to make bridges like rocks! Mushrooms too.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

MessiahForHire posted:

I think my favourite item/character combo I've gotten so far is, while playing as Azazel, getting both the Ludovico Technique and then the Spoon Bender. Controllable circle of Brimstone that also warps to touch enemies. :allears:

I didn't realize what the codes in the pause menu were at the time, though, so I didn't end up saving that seed.

Azazel + Tiny Planet is pretty great too. All my Az runs have been absolute death machine caliber, just splash out for damage upgrades wherever possible and you vaporize half the game in one charge.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

NoUU posted:

Hoping for a patch that immediately kills The Lost if he attempts to pick up 9 Lives. :allears:

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

NoUU posted:

Hahaha, really? My first assumption with that was "9 Lives must not work either or else people would've done that first!"

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

dis astranagant posted:

Does the boss rush door stay open if I go into the devil room?
Not if you go over 20 minutes!

I had an angel room and a certain... unexpected encounter within. By the time I left, the boss rush crack was gone. :( This happened with a devil room as well, but I was doing the suicide king challenge that time and had no intention of doing the boss rush with him anyways.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Well that was a hell of a run. The Wafer and Cricket's Head on the first floor (the latter in a golden chest in a room with a key) and the second floor has Ludovico. CC1A DS0Z if anyone wants yet another ridiculous seed.

RonJeremysBalzac
Jul 29, 2004
Agh, these extremely specific requirements for unlocking what is basically a joke character. I screwed up on the Judas part of it, and nothing unlocked after dying against Satan. I'll try it again later.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Is there a keyboard shortcut for "gently caress it, just restart"?

DannyTanner
Jan 9, 2010

hold R

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I'm at the door to Mom with this garbage, trying to win some crap challenge. The gently caress do I pull this off?

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Having just unlocked Azazel, he seems so overpowered. Since his damage and speed is so high, I feelhe doesn't need DPS increases every single floor, which makes him much less RNG depended. Also, flight is incredibly powerful, since McMillen still has rooms that are almost impossible to avoid damage without flight.

RonJeremysBalzac
Jul 29, 2004

golden bubble posted:

Having just unlocked Azazel, he seems so overpowered. Since his damage and speed is so high, I feelhe doesn't need DPS increases every single floor, which makes him much less RNG depended. Also, flight is incredibly powerful, since McMillen still has rooms that are almost impossible to avoid damage without flight.

Even when you have flight, there's still those rooms full of exploding leeches

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Getting curses on Depths 2 is the worst.

I got uhhh the curse that makes it so you can't see your health? A few runs back during a champion boss rush. It was scary as gently caress.

By the way, I chose flush :sigh:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dis astranagant posted:

I'm at the door to Mom with this garbage, trying to win some crap challenge. The gently caress do I pull this off?

use the bomb? keep all your antigrav tears floating in front of a door in hopes that mom will shove her fat rolls into them? idk

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
How do I make The Lost stick? Whenever I restart the game he's gone and I have to alt-F2 him to get him to appear on the character list, at which point the whole thing breaks and he becomes the icon for the random button and I have to pick Lazarus to be able to use him. I did not unlock him using steam achievement manager but apparently it also happens if you do that. Do I have to win with him to get him to stay on the list?

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

For some reason the OP lists the original's controls, can we replace it with Rebirth? I've noticed that not everyone knows to hold down r to restart, or left control drops/switches pill/tarot/runes, and hitting tab changes your map and holding tab lets you view map, level name, and item flavor text. Tia

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

RonJeremysBalzac posted:

Agh, these extremely specific requirements for unlocking what is basically a joke character. I screwed up on the Judas part of it, and nothing unlocked after dying against Satan. I'll try it again later.

Yuuuuuuuuuuuup I screwed up my first Azazel run after getting the other 3 parts in a row and after going back and dying with him where you're supposed to on the very next run nothing happened :suicide:

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Holy poo poo, if you see a flaming heart item, pick it up.

Pyromania: Hurts to good. +5 bombs and explosions now do no damage and in fact heal red heart containers! :stare:

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

VDay posted:

Yuuuuuuuuuuuup I screwed up my first Azazel run after getting the other 3 parts in a row and after going back and dying with him where you're supposed to on the very next run nothing happened :suicide:

The real question is whether restarts count.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Does soy milk work at all when you already have polyphemus, or does it still set damage to basically nothing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuicideSnowman
Jul 26, 2003
Just had a really fun Isaac run where I came back from one health and a dead cat death and managed to beat Satan. Well, two dead cat deaths. I got the "Suicide King" card which kills you and revives you next to a couple secret room items and various other things. I figured after my first death, what the hell I'll see what the card does and it gave me Daddy Longlegs and Big Fan. I spent the rest of the run squeezing out every room, arcade and secret room to having 3 red hearts and several soul hearts along the way.