Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!
For the record, vyst, never ask anyone to do a sexually explicit anything as a form of punishment over Internet spaceships in the future. I should not have to tell you why that is a bad idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Fix Lag posted:

For the record, vyst, never ask anyone to do a sexually explicit anything as a form of punishment over Internet spaceships in the future. I should not have to tell you why that is a bad idea.

Man's got a point.

When you coerce someone into doing or saying something sexual over an MMO you have to ask... "am I really any different than an Archeage player?"

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
Nah it's fine

brodoyouevengif
Jun 15, 2013

The pubbie blood must flow for le mighty Brodo.

Worlds Smuggest posted:

This post alone may shake your chances at getting into Groon as tim hates people saying m8 without sarcasm or humorous intention.

It was in a sarcastic tone. There is no point in me trying to be serious, being serious is for tryhards.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

vyst posted:

Deadtear is fuckin stupid.

deadtear is a dick but at least he knows where the line is

Gihon
Jan 9, 2014

Siets posted:

:frogsiren: Paging ullerrm for some fitting chat! :frogsiren:

A few of us Holesquad members have been laboring to design the optimal Tengu C3 site-clearing fit. We've bounced a lot of fits around, and I'm trying to do some missile damage calculations.

To step back a bit, sleepers come in waves of mostly frigates and cruisers. Some sites have a few turrets as well that take some time to kill. Most sites have between 1-3 sleeper battleships. By and large it feels like killing the frigates and cruisers fast is going to be the key to improving site clearing times (this is just based on personal experience from a few weeks of clearing sites so far.)

What I'm trying to determine are the exact sig radius values and velocities of the sleeper frigate and cruisers. This way, I can plug and chug numbers to figure out whether or not I want Flare or Rigor rigs to optimize my DPS against them in my Tengu. There's also the option of Calefaction rigs to up base damage which would speed up killing the battleships. My hunch is that I want to go with some combination of Flare/Rigor rigs, but without knowing exact values I can't be sure. Does anybody know where I can find this data? I've searched a few places but haven't found anything yet. (edit: Maybe this is accurate, in which case wow... sleepers really move fast...)

Ullerrm, I'm wondering if you have some EVE conventional wisdom in this matter such as "if you're shooting primarily frigs and cruisers then your explosion velocity is already fine and it's your explosion radius you want to decrease..." etc. (that was a total shot in the dark, but you get what I'm asking I imagine. :v:)

This was the C3 Tengu I ran for a long time, and while a bit on the expensive side, it could burn through the sites pretty fast.

All 5s works out to be ~635 applied dps to C3 cruisers with Scourge Rage and ~155 applied dps with Scourge Javelin to C3 frigates. Rage applies full damage to all the battleships.
You can swap out the shield boost amp for a small deadspace booster to gain higher boost but less cap stability under neuting pressure.
I wouldn't recommend it though, the last wave of Fortification Frontier Strongholds and the first wave of The Oruze Construct are going to hammer your cap hard (-16GJ/s and -24GJ/s respectively). A good AB uses a lot less cap than the booster and you'll sig tank every battleship orbiting under 5k.

I would normally land on the site and immediately burn towards where the final wave triggered while popping the first two waves with javelin. Even though Rage applies better to cruisers, I used javelin for Awakened Preservers and Upholders as they orbit outside of Rage range. Drop the MTU at the end of the first wave, and by the time the third spawns you should be on top of it. You'll be able to easily get under the battleship guns and sig tank them once everything else in that wave is dead.
RR sleepers always have to die first but leave one alive if it's the trigger.

Hopefully this helps.

Gihon fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Nov 9, 2014

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
Have you guys noticed a significant increase in the rate at which anomalies escalate to DED-rated complexes since Phoebe went live?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
Why the hell would you make a 1080 screenshot of eft

Gihon
Jan 9, 2014

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

Why the hell would you make a 1080 screenshot of eft

I apologize for triggering you with my too-large-screenshots.

Schlampa
Dec 28, 2006

LemonDrizzle posted:

Have you guys noticed a significant increase in the rate at which anomalies escalate to DED-rated complexes since Phoebe went live?

Running escalations is a full time job for the runners in Dek now. You could say that we have noticed.

X-Type loot is going to plummet.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I just came back to the game after being gone for 4-5 months and got unvacationed and put in my app and got invited to join but for some reason EVE won't let me accept it. It first flashed something about leaving during a war and having to wait a week but every time after that it just says I don't have the right. The invitation is just sitting there with the accept button. I'm pretty sure I was kicked months ago so I'm not sure why I would need to wait a week. Not sure what to do about this so was hoping the thread had some idea.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

cheesetriangles posted:

I just came back to the game after being gone for 4-5 months and got unvacationed and put in my app and got invited to join but for some reason EVE won't let me accept it. It first flashed something about leaving during a war and having to wait a week but every time after that it just says I don't have the right. The invitation is just sitting there with the accept button. I'm pretty sure I was kicked months ago so I'm not sure why I would need to wait a week. Not sure what to do about this so was hoping the thread had some idea.

Does your employment history confirm that you were indeed purged months ago?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Welp apparently I wasn't purged until 4 days ago despite not having played since June.

NyxBiker
Sep 24, 2014

Schlampa posted:

Running escalations is a full time job for the runners in Dek now. You could say that we have noticed.

X-Type loot is going to plummet.

The loot didn't get nerfed though right? That's more isk! Yay

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

Siets posted:

A few of us Holesquad members have been laboring to design the optimal Tengu C3 site-clearing fit.

I'm more focused on developing a pvp doctrine. I want to move on from "grab whatever kitchen sink fit you have in the POS, meet on the hole, hope garr can save us in time" to "actual fighting fleet comp".

Right now we're divided between Tengu/missile guys and Domi/drone guys. The only logi pilots we have in the hole fly Scimitars. I originally thought about stealing kitey Railgus from SV's tengu doctrine, using Orthruses for webs/points, and putting my Domi guys in shield Stratioses.

Turns out most WH fights are brawls on holes, so now I'm thinking we'll do Hamgus* (cheap option: Caracals?), heavy tackle Gilas (cheap option: no idea), and (neut?)Stratioses (cheap option: shield Vexors?) for the drone guys.

Is anti-support a thing in wormholes? I was thinking that the Orhtruses/Gilas could fit RLMLs if so.

*Comedy option: Blastgus

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

NyxBiker posted:

The loot didn't get nerfed though right? That's more isk! Yay

This is a job for Mynnna.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

scandoslav posted:

I'm more focused on developing a pvp doctrine. I want to move on from "grab whatever kitchen sink fit you have in the POS, meet on the hole, hope garr can save us in time" to "actual fighting fleet comp".

Right now we're divided between Tengu/missile guys and Domi/drone guys. The only logi pilots we have in the hole fly Scimitars. I originally thought about stealing kitey Railgus from SV's tengu doctrine, using Orthruses for webs/points, and putting my Domi guys in shield Stratioses.

Turns out most WH fights are brawls on holes, so now I'm thinking we'll do Hamgus* (cheap option: Caracals?), heavy tackle Gilas (cheap option: no idea), and (neut?)Stratioses (cheap option: shield Vexors?) for the drone guys.

Is anti-support a thing in wormholes? I was thinking that the Orhtruses/Gilas could fit RLMLs if so.

Antisupport in the sense of killing frigates isn't really a thing in wormhole fights, but support in the form of bonused webs, neuts, and other ewar absolutely is, which is why shield doctrines are comparatively disfavored - they don't offer support options with the durability of armor tanked neut legions/bhaalgorns, web lokis/vindicators, and ECM tengus. If you mainly plan to fight in your own system, you could maybe build a doctrine around bringing lightly tanked things in at range (sentry ishtars/domis and shield tanked recons) while your brawling core engages the enemy directly on the hole, but that won't work if you're planning on jumping into other people.

Wyatt Derp
Jul 9, 2014

Blue Lives matter
Funny. A goon just tried to scam me in recruitment for a down payment, explaining that if I was broke after I could ask for isk later. I was sadly denied as I am broke now and not that gullible...
oh well, back to recruitment channel

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Sorry. No Poors or J4Gs allowed in our super secret tree house club.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

What if you are rich and a J4G? Is it like real life where money can buy anything.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

cheesetriangles posted:

What if you are rich and a J4G? Is it like real life where money can buy anything.

Of course, capitalism is the foundation of civilisation and therefore if you can pay, you can play. Feel free to deposit all assets to Arkady Romanov for transport to Deklein and I'll have you in within 48 hours.

Margaret Thatcher
Jan 2, 2013

by Cowcaster

Ms Andry posted:

Funny. A goon just tried to scam me in recruitment for a down payment, explaining that if I was broke after I could ask for isk later. I was sadly denied as I am broke now and not that gullible...
oh well, back to recruitment channel

Stay out of the recruitment channel - it's full of desperate corps spamming their ads 24/7. Any corp worth joining won't be in that channel.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Please just stop posting.

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006

cheesetriangles posted:

A dude got kicked for doing pretty much the most despicable thing you can do within our little sandbox/spaceclub (which admittedly, didn't hurt anyone in Rl), and all it took to have him taken back into the fold were a couple Cirque du Soleil tickets, a few botttles, and a night or two in a high roller's suite* or some poo poo.

Money can do anything.

*total speculation on my part, please don't kick me. Oh God, I don't have the money to get back in!

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

orange juche posted:

Please just stop posting.

hmm.. So whats the story here?

Dirty Sanchez posted:

*total speculation on my part, please don't kick me. Oh God, I don't have the money to get back in!

Send me whatever ISK you have, and I will double it. I pinky swear!

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Dalael posted:

hmm.. So whats the story here?

He's a worse poster than you.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

smg77 posted:

He's a worse poster than you.

That is saddening. I work very very hard to make sure I'm the worst poster on this forum. :newlol:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Fix Lag posted:

Yea I'm a big fan of community service personally because at least someone benefits from it. I was ok with yours because it keeps everything online. I don't like exposing peoples rl identity.

Sixx Spades
Aug 16, 2013

In regards to escalations, more escalations mean more loot. The drop tables were also increased so more loot drops per escalation. So, if more loot is going to be entering the market, what does that mean in regards to loot value?

It's going to be interesting for every escalation service in s-mart where the value per site is going to drop dramatically. Some concessions are likely going to be made in regards to what gets run and what doesn't.

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

scandoslav posted:

Anything that fights at range or relies on speed kind of sucks because any fight we're winning will inevitably move to the other side of a wormhole (if thats where the fight starts (very likely)) when the enemy decides to start running away. Then our Orthruses or sentry Ishtars or whatever have to spend 20 seconds getting to the hole since their whole point is being able to sit 40km out and still point things/do damage. Hamgus work well because your engagement range is ~25km and you're also pretty fast even with an AB fit (~650m/s). If we try and use T1 cruisers for anything more than ganking ratters at range we're going to get absolutely spanked (speaking from experience); BCs can do 70% of what a T3 does in a decent-sized fight though, so those wouldn't be bad for the poors to use.

Here is some random Prophecy I threw together that could be used by anyone with Amarr BC skills/Hams/t2 med drones:

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

vyst posted:

Yea I'm a big fan of community service personally because at least someone benefits from it. I was ok with yours because it keeps everything online. I don't like exposing peoples rl identity.

It still managed to find its way back to me. :smith:

As someone once told Prencleeve, some mistakes are forever.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Fix Lag posted:

You shouldn't have been so emphatic about doing it! I was fully expecting you to balk and I'd just make you build rifters.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Unfunny Poster posted:

He got banned from Kugu. Does that count?

Kugu, a relevant and currently existing forum.

Blazing Zero posted:

If you call him out on it, why you are a :siren: terrible social justice warrior! :siren:

I'd like EVE, but knowing the community is full of people like digi and CCP only cares when it blows up in media outlets is just :yikes:

Nah it's great fun to watch meltdowns over internet spaceships and ~~~doxxxing~~~ (everyone who uses this terrible reddit word should do the world a favour and kill themselves). :munch:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Fix Lag posted:

What was your crime anyway?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Here are some wonderful tears brought to you by HERO coalition.

https://soundcloud.com/mysteryman1337/hugs

blowfish posted:

Kugu, a relevant and currently existing forum.

He was asking if anything happened to Digi because of that stuff. That's about all that happened in public.

you feelin fucky
May 23, 2009

Unfunny Poster posted:

:monocle:

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Unfunny Poster posted:

Sounds like becoming a sov holder has really cut down on BNI's fun per hour.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Unfunny Poster posted:

"Next time, let's take sov next to the CFC, so if PL wants to follow us, CFC's in range."

:henget:

(Consequences.)

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ullerrm posted:

"Next time, let's take sov next to the CFC, so if PL wants to follow us, CFC's in range."

:henget:

(Consequences.)

Well according to this soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/mysteryman1337/hero_tears PL are "a kid with a magnifying glass pointing at an ant hill, pathetic" so maybe CFC can defend the several thousand newbies in HERO, and let them keep their fun/hour ratio stay strong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

torpedan
Jul 17, 2003
Lets make Uncle Ben proud

smg77 posted:

Sounds like becoming a sov holder has really cut down on BNI's fun per hour.

No worries, I hear lowsec is way more fun.

• Locked thread