Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Maybe it's just the characters don't connect to people because they are often badly written/unrelatable, VS, that they are humans in dramatic situations on a show about zombies? I mean look at Sleepy Hollow. It's a show about weekly demons and monsters and poo poo, and yet the characters are the most interesting thing about it. Doesn't have anything to do with 'Michael Bay' poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fionordequester
Dec 27, 2012

Actually, I respectfully disagree with you there. For as obviously flawed as this game is, there ARE a lot of really good things about it. The presentation and atmosphere, for example, are the most immediate things. No other Yu-Gi-Oh game goes out of the way to really make

CelticPredator posted:

Maybe it's just the characters don't connect to people because they are often badly written/unrelatable, VS, that they are humans in dramatic situations on a show about zombies? I mean look at Sleepy Hollow. It's a show about weekly demons and monsters and poo poo, and yet the characters are the most interesting thing about it. Doesn't have anything to do with 'Michael Bay' poo poo.

Eh, I dunno man. I think the characters are pretty relatable, and the story is generally well written (though obviously not perfect).

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I was making a point as to why people can be bored with the show and find the Zombie bits more interesting. Rather than just proclaim their idiots who want explosions all the time. Sometimes things just don't connect with people.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Are there any zombie books or movies that present the zombies in a medically accurate way? I have no idea what real medical issues would most resemble zombies, but that could be kind of fun.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Juan of the Dead.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

The 28 days later movies are roughly a million times more plausible than any "shoot them in the head" zombie movies.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I guess. Does 'plausibility' matter?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Mantis42 posted:

Not really but 28 Days Later owns and everyone should watch it.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Mantis42 posted:

this thread got goony hella fuckin fast. drop the ep already AMC so we can get back to arguing about whether or not beth should sing.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Mantis42 posted:

Nah but if that's what dude I was replying to wants, those movies are as close as it gets as far as I know

ed: Beth singing is ok, seems like a cool kid the directors or whatever wanted to showcase singing, good for her

Pharmaskittle fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Nov 9, 2014

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

precision posted:

Not really but 28 Days Later owns and everyone should watch it.

Well, the first 2/3's of it does.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011
28 Days Later is a pretty decent movie, but it isn't a zombie movie. Its a 'Super-Rabies' movie.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I like the Last of Us O. unilateralis-based zombies. :colbert:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Zombie fungus is about as realistic as it gets

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

enraged_camel posted:

You may not feel that the show is supposed to be about humans vs. zombies, and that's OK. However, the show is called "The Walking Dead" and not "Survivors." Just like the show Dexter was about a protagonist named Dexter, The Walking Dead should be about zombies primarily (as the main protagonist).

Zombie media is almost never about the zombies. Night of the Living Dead and all the stuff Romero did that followed was about how terrible human society is, using its collapse under the zombie apocalypse as the backdrop.

And that's also what The Walking Dead is about, it's just not as good.

:commissar:
(Formerly Colonial Air Force)

mewse
May 2, 2006

Have you guys ever considered that maybe it is us who are the zombies

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
We are the Talking Dead!

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

It's us. This convo died a while ago but its still goin

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Colonial Air Force posted:

Zombie media is almost never about the zombies. Night of the Living Dead and all the stuff Romero did that followed was about how terrible human society is, using its collapse under the zombie apocalypse as the backdrop.
Isn't it rather about how terrible the absence of human society is? How terrible individuals and groups isolated from society can be?

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Am I the only one who really gives no damns about zombies, and am just in it for the post-apocalyptic setting? I guess I'm just kind of resigned to the fact that if I want a post-apocalyptic story to exist and be remotely popular, I have to deal with there being zombies in it.

Survivors, the BBC series mentioned earlier, is actually my preferred apocalyptic scenario. Disease (or something) wipes out 99.9% of humanity. What happens next? No need for zombies to make that a good or exciting story. I actually kind of liked the 1975 version a lot for just how down to earth it tried to be (it also had obvious issues). The 2008 remake kind of lost me with the needless and stupid government conspiracy subplot.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Eiba posted:

Am I the only one who really gives no damns about zombies, and am just in it for the post-apocalyptic setting? I guess I'm just kind of resigned to the fact that if I want a post-apocalyptic story to exist and be remotely popular, I have to deal with there being zombies in it.

Survivors, the BBC series mentioned earlier, is actually my preferred apocalyptic scenario. Disease (or something) wipes out 99.9% of humanity. What happens next? No need for zombies to make that a good or exciting story. I actually kind of liked the 1975 version a lot for just how down to earth it tried to be (it also had obvious issues). The 2008 remake kind of lost me with the needless and stupid government conspiracy subplot.

That was the same point that lost me on Survivors as well. I recommend everyone at least watch the first few episodes just to get a nice helping of that Fallout feel. I loved the gas station scene that showed that some survivors just get hosed over without any external stimuli affecting their demise. Also, I'd like if we got to see more mystery houses/bunkers with strange final circumstances that may or may not have anyone left in it a la the cabin with heads or the country club.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

Eiba posted:

Or Aliens.

I started watching Falling Skies recently (still in first season) and almost prefer it to TWD.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Eiba posted:

I know you aren't referring to Survivors with Jeff Probst, but I like to imagine that you are and that is the actual setting on which they are hosting the contest on.

Or is that just Survivor? Not plural? I have no idea, I'm a stupid idiot.

The REAL Gtab Fan
Apr 12, 2007

Let it post, let it post, can't wait to shit post anymore~
Let it go, let it go, gonna vote one and move onnnnnn~
Look not one of you have given a theory on how they flip that short bus, I wanna know your thoughts on how it goes down.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

The REAL Gtab Fan posted:

Look not one of you have given a theory on how they flip that short bus, I wanna know your thoughts on how it goes down.

Somehow Lori comes back, and she's driving.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Everyone hedge your bets on if/when this episode will catch up to recent events. I say no till the very end.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

The REAL Gtab Fan posted:

Eugene spouts a lot of techno-babble nonsense about driving and they give him the wheel

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I say it's Abraham's group the entire time.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Eugene and Glen get in an argument about exo suits and Abraham reaches back with a fly swatter to hit them but they're two seats back so he turns completely around and oops car out of nowhere

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Walking Dead characters are incredibly negligent in cars. Always crashing into zombies because they're reading maps or adjusting radios.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

OVer/Under on The Car for the washington crew is currently 10mins

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

I'm betting the under

The REAL Gtab Fan
Apr 12, 2007

Let it post, let it post, can't wait to shit post anymore~
Let it go, let it go, gonna vote one and move onnnnnn~
Over, I bet it lasts until near the end as the 'all is lost' moment.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

OctoberBlues posted:

Are there any zombie books or movies that present the zombies in a medically accurate way? I have no idea what real medical issues would most resemble zombies, but that could be kind of fun.

The only medical issue anyone cares about is: do they poop :psyduck:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
"Oh my God, it smells like a poo poo took a poo poo!" :barf:

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Pharmaskittle posted:

ed: Beth singing is ok, seems like a cool kid the directors or whatever wanted to showcase singing, good for her

Beth's actress is almost 30, she's just aged very little.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

TOOT BOOT posted:

Beth's actress is almost 30, she's just aged very little.

She looks 7, but her actress is almost 88 years old, so it's ok.

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

I started watching Falling Skies recently (still in first season) and almost prefer it to TWD.

Whoa. You're in for a...a treat.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Rewatching this awful last week episodes episode, and it is just awful. Ill take anything they can give for this next episode as an improvement. I'm betting this was their plan all along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

She looks 7, but her actress is almost 88 years old, so it's ok.

Look at her arms, she has middle aged woman arms.

• Locked thread