Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChuckLogan
Oct 10, 2009

Oh yeah? Well, I had sex with your wife!

Callick posted:

I apologize if this has been asked before but is there a good video/audio solution for the Wii U for those of us who do not own digital stereo receivers? I'd like to buy a Wii U and have it hooked up to one of the monitors on my computer desk, but there doesn't seem to be a split VGA or DVI/stereo RCA cable like there was for the 360. I usually like to run consoles to my monitor and then have the audio routed through my soundcard so I can be in mumble or w/e and have the game audio attenuated when people speak etc. I don't want to rely solely on TV/Monitor in-built speakers because that's garbage 8(

In my living room I only have an analog stereo receiver so it would be a real shame to have to use the crappy in-built speakers on my Vizio TV.

You can use the composite/component cables and choose in system settings to have audio go out of the cables instead of HDMI.(optionally you can have it go out of both at the same time fyi)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

zolthorg posted:

Is the Wii condom not removable from the motion plus remotes? I just ordered a refurb 25$ combo for a wii-u I ebayed so this is my first time touching the motion plus remotes.

Dude if it's your first time use the condom. You don't know the other person.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Don't buy Costume Quest 2 on Wii U... Game has framerate issues that I assume probably aren't a problem on the PC version. I just did a boss fight and it was getting in the single digits, which makes the game kind of hard considering your attacks have timed button presses.

Game is still charming and fun if you enjoyed the previous Costume Quest, but this is a lovely port.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
IT doesn't even have off screen play I have heard.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

In regards to the question of sharing amiibo to unlock stuff in games, I came across this question in a Club Nintnedo survey I just took:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Canned Panda posted:

In regards to the question of sharing amiibo to unlock stuff in games, I came across this question in a Club Nintnedo survey I just took:

I kinda wish there was a comment box attached to that question. There are 5 people in my household, 3 of which are definitely getting some amiibo, 2 which may get one or two. I don't plan on going out of my way to find friends with amiibo, but if my housemate's Yoshi amiibo happens to unlock poo poo in Wooly World, hell yeah I'm gonna borrow it for a few seconds.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
They should let it happen. The number of people willing to get into Amiibo if they can split it among their friends is probably bigger than the number of people who will try to collect them all just for the DLC. Making it a social/sharing thing would only help drive adoption I think. It's that old sales technique "make the customer think they're ripping you off."

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Amiibo parties incoming.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Light Gun Man posted:

Amiibo parties incoming.
Everyone puts their Amiibo in a bowl, and whichever one you pull out is who you go home with.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I just realized that Nintendo is totally probably gonna give out free amiibos at official events, perhaps even exclusive ones.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I actually saw the Sonic Boom cartoon yesterday since my son had me up at 6:00 am, and it was actually not bad. They basically just made Dr Eggman an Ice King ripoff and the show was essentially a sitcom.

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit

Davinci posted:

I just realized that Nintendo is totally probably gonna give out free amiibos at official events, perhaps even exclusive ones.

I took that same amiibo survey a couple days ago and one of the questions was about interest in alternate versions of existing amiibo characters. I put down extremely interested.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Afro posted:

I took that same amiibo survey a couple days ago and one of the questions was about interest in alternate versions of existing amiibo characters. I put down extremely interested.

I need a Yarn Yoshi and Zelda U Link amiibo so I'm inclined to agree. :allears:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I can't believe there's still like multiple weeks between now and Captain Toad. What kind of communist Russia bullshit is this

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

Macaluso posted:

I can't believe there's still like multiple weeks between now and Captain Toad. What kind of communist Russia bullshit is this
You Americans don't get to complain, at least you get it this year :argh:

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Aww nuts. Bayonetta 2 isn't part of the Target B2G1 sale. This ruins everything!

I was all hyped to get Bayo 2, Hyrule Warriors, and Fantasy life. There isn't a single $60 game on sale I want besides Bayo 2 and HW, and I'd feel like an idiot getting HW, Fantasy Life, and Wonderful 101.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Wonderful 101 is good

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

oknope posted:

Wonderful 101 is good

I love the demo, but from a getting the most bang for my buck perspective it's a silly purchase. Getting HW, Fantasy Life, and W101 would make each game cost $33; whereas W101 on it's own is $24.

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother

Wildtortilla posted:

Aww nuts. Bayonetta 2 isn't part of the Target B2G1 sale. This ruins everything!

I was all hyped to get Bayo 2, Hyrule Warriors, and Fantasy life. There isn't a single $60 game on sale I want besides Bayo 2 and HW, and I'd feel like an idiot getting HW, Fantasy Life, and Wonderful 101.

Is that the Black Friday deal? I'm not American, but isn't there a good chance you'll find these dirt cheap in the next few weeks?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Shelf Adventure posted:

Is that the Black Friday deal? I'm not American, but isn't there a good chance you'll find these dirt cheap in the next few weeks?

Not Hyrule Warriors and probably not Fantasy Life, but W101 goes for $20 sometimes.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Shelf Adventure posted:

It's a B2G1 sale on "Target's entire stock of video games" which turns out is actually a B2G1 sale on select video games at Target. And yeah, I'm sure there will be better deals in the coming weeks, but I don't go out on Black Friday so I was kinda pumped about this sale. Oh well, I've got a couple games to keep me busy.

Is there any time limit on the Bayo 1 + Bayo 2 pack, or is that how Bayo 2 is going to be sold for the rest of time?

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Wildtortilla posted:

I thought it was all games, all platforms? Or are you talking about online?

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Scholtz posted:

I thought it was all games, all platforms? Or are you talking about online?

I checked online and Bayo 2 is not flagged as part of the buy 2 get 1 sale how every other game I've looked at is flagged.

CatsPajamas
Jul 4, 2013

I hated the new Stupid Newbie avatar so much that I bought a new one for this user. Congrats, Lowtax.

Wildtortilla posted:

I checked online and Bayo 2 is not flagged as part of the buy 2 get 1 sale how every other game I've looked at is flagged.

Ouch, sorry man! It looked like you had really good taste in games to boot. I think both Bayonetta and Hyrule Warriors are worth a full price purchase, if that makes a difference.

If you're more concerned about value than time, maybe do Fantasy Life, Wonderful 101 and ZombiU (or three 3DS games - you mentioned Kirby's Triple Deluxe and that's definitely worth getting too) and wait until Black Friday for the $60 titles? You'd be waiting a couple more weeks to get Bayo 2 and Hyrule Warriors though.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

CatsPajamas posted:

Ouch, sorry man! It looked like you had really good taste in games to boot. I think both Bayonetta and Hyrule Warriors are worth a full price purchase, if that makes a difference.

If you're more concerned about value than time, maybe do Fantasy Life, Wonderful 101 and ZombiU (or three 3DS games - you mentioned Kirby's Triple Deluxe and that's definitely worth getting too) and wait until Black Friday for the $60 titles? You'd be waiting a couple more weeks to get Bayo 2 and Hyrule Warriors though.

I have to run some errands today so I'm going to stop by the store to see if their store has Bayo 2 listed as part of the sale. If not, I may change my plan and get some different games or just hold off and keep playing what I have. But with Nintendo games, I've always thought it best to strike while the iron's hot, even if I have a bit of a backlog because they never decrease in price.

e: folks on Reddit are reporting Bayo 2 is on sale in stores!

Wildtortilla fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Nov 9, 2014

pankus
Jul 30, 2003
I definitely just bought bayo 2 in store with the b2g1 promo.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

When does that Target deal end?

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

Fix posted:

When does that Target deal end?

It goes all week, ending after close Saturday night. But they'll probably run low on the good games before then.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
An NOA manager said that they are considering allowing third party companies to use Amiibo in their games.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Fremry posted:

An NOA manager said that they are considering allowing third party companies to use Amiibo in their games.

Put them in Skylanders! :flashfap:

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Fremry posted:

I thought Nintendo was already doing this by licensing their properties to third party DEVs?

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Bayo 2 is part of the sale in the store. I'm sitting here looking at Bayo 1, Bayo 2, Hyrule Warriors, and Fantasy Life and I have no idea where to begin. :D

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
On world 4 of Super Mario World 3D and I can see the difficulty rising. I wonder if I can handle the final two worlds.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Wildtortilla posted:

Bayo 2 is part of the sale in the store. I'm sitting here looking at Bayo 1, Bayo 2, Hyrule Warriors, and Fantasy Life and I have no idea where to begin. :D

Well any of those is great, but if you start with Bayo start with the first one because 2 is pretty much better in every way and may sour the first game a bit for you.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

James Woods Fan posted:

On world 4 of Super Mario World 3D and I can see the difficulty rising. I wonder if I can handle the final two worlds.

I believe in you.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

God drat Wonderful 101 is fun as hell. I just redid the 003 boss going from a consolation prize (ugh) to a Platinum and now I can go on beating things up. I like that everyone gets a cool jacket and also Reds powering up sequence with him going HUAAGH HAAAH HYYEAAHHH and everyone else just standing like OK whatever.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Everybody check your Club Nintendo accounts to see if you got the amiibo survey and fill it out if possible. They ask you at one point what other functions you'd like to see for amiibos, and I specified that it would be great if third-party games had amiibo functionality that gave them WiiU-exclusive content and features. If you think amiibos in third party games would be cool, tell them!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I told them I want a Wii U app thats just a shelf displaying every amiibo I've scanned in.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

elf help book posted:

I told them I want a Wii U app thats just a shelf displaying every amiibo I've scanned in.

Ooh, brilliant. Wish I had thought of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I mentioned card scanning and CCG's.

• Locked thread