Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Tip for the CODE 7 exam: Take Cover in the catwalks along the sides of the level. Long-range fire won't hit you, and the melee enemies will come to you. When they Thorn up I just hit them with my sword (wiped out 4 at once). Just let them come to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Polearms feel a lot stronger than light and heavy melee. You can spam the hell out of that spinning leap attack and just tear everything to pieces.

That EZ Wolf etc. minigun is a ridiculously good Accessory weapon, too.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
The auto-revive item has to be activated manually. Good thing I learned before running out in the final boss fight.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

So I randomly got one of the hoverboards as loot for an online Retribution mission, I completely forgot these things even existed. Has anyone messed around with them? Are they any useful?

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Policenaut posted:

So I randomly got one of the hoverboards as loot for an online Retribution mission, I completely forgot these things even existed. Has anyone messed around with them? Are they any useful?

No. They're funny as hell though.

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009
Reached a conundrum on upgrading my Mimas. I know the impact upgrade is the best option, but the electric upgrade makes it fuchsia and that's hard to resist.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Does anyone know what the 4 choices do? One of them is pretty obvious but the other three are bugging me

Edit: Sorry in retrospect that was way too vague, I mean the plot choices involving simeon

The Chad Jihad fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Nov 9, 2014

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

RentACop posted:

Does anyone know what the 4 choices do? One of them is pretty obvious but the other three are bugging me

If you're talking about weapon upgrading than each upgrade adds a different damage type. Either Impact or one of the four elements (Fire, Ice, Will'O, that other one)

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

Improbable Lobster posted:

If you're talking about weapon upgrading than each upgrade adds a different damage type. Either Impact or one of the four elements (Fire, Ice, Will'O, that other one)
He might be talking about Simeon I think.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

How do you get your accessory back from a Ramosa? I've never been able to even attach to their pods.

Not that it matters now. My reclamation target was a Mk 1. :laugh:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Really Pants posted:

How do you get your accessory back from a Ramosa? I've never been able to even attach to their pods.

You can fit underneath them to thorn up and attach to sever the pod, but if you find that too difficult, when you break their inner wings they lie upright and are open for gauge breaks.

Penis Vanguard
Mar 5, 2014

Really Pants posted:

While you can't attach to it, you can still damage the pod, so you just have to do enough damage with your weapon to its belly that it breaks.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

What does Gauge Break do, exactly? I've seen that pop up a few times, but I think I keep doing it wrong. Is it supposed to instantly smash the target pod?

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Really Pants posted:

What does Gauge Break do, exactly? I've seen that pop up a few times, but I think I keep doing it wrong. Is it supposed to instantly smash the target pod?

Correct.

Gabby_Jay
Dec 14, 2000

Gör som vi
Till denna melodi

RentACop posted:

Edit: Sorry in retrospect that was way too vague, I mean the plot choices involving simeon

Dont worry too much about what you pick, doing his subsequent missions will net you the other 3.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Story stuff: I'm more than a little bummed out about Carlos, because ugh. Also that ice cream thing with Sylvia was ~totally anime~

I got a bunch of clothes up for unlock upon reaching CODE 8, some of which are insanely expensive. Are there more?

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Schneider Heim posted:

I got a bunch of clothes up for unlock upon reaching CODE 8, some of which are insanely expensive. Are there more?

A swimsuit for achieving 0 years sentence.

Penis Vanguard
Mar 5, 2014

Emalde posted:

You also unlock some of the NPCs unique clothing, like Simeon's scarf.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Emalde posted:

Oh God

(How far have you guys gone, I'm about to reach 900000 years...)

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.
Where are people farming weapons? I just got to code 6 and the first solo mission looks like an easy way to get a bunch. With how random the rarity is when manufacturing weapons, doing that seems like a waste of resources compared to straight up farming for them.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Well, this game is definitely inferior to Gods Eater Burst in one way: hub area is too goddamn big. God Eater got it right, make it manageable, with NO LOADING TIMES.

Also I just got ten years for talking to the wrong citizen. What the gently caress.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Speedball posted:

Well, this game is definitely inferior to Gods Eater Burst in one way: hub area is too goddamn big. God Eater got it right, make it manageable, with NO LOADING TIMES.
You get quick travel fairly soon. Don't spend a ton of time on things that don't move the story forward.

Speedball posted:

Also I just got ten years for talking to the wrong citizen. What the gently caress.
Don't get upset. Unless you truly wish to roleplay as a clueless amnesiac with bad temper in the actual game.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Mithaldu posted:

Don't get upset. Unless you truly wish to roleplay as a clueless amnesiac with bad temper in the actual game.

Oh, no, actually I think it's hilarious. These assholes running this world are clearly abusing the penal system to create a slave caste, but it gets to ridiculous levels. I laughed out loud when your Accessory tells you to sleep, then fines you for trying to sleep lying down without the entitlement.

You better bet I spent every entitlement point I got on "speak to everyone" rights after that...

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
The ludicrous sentencing reminds me of Known Space, which was a universe a lot of Larry Niven's stories took place in. At one point in that earth's history organ replacement technology became so advanced that the death penalty was given for increasingly smaller crimes in order for organs to be harvested, until in one story you had a guy being locked up and executed for jaywalking.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Pierson posted:

The ludicrous sentencing reminds me of Known Space, which was a universe a lot of Larry Niven's stories took place in. At one point in that earth's history organ replacement technology became so advanced that the death penalty was given for increasingly smaller crimes in order for organs to be harvested, until in one story you had a guy being locked up and executed for jaywalking.

Yeah, I remember that. Larry was operating under the assumption that limitless organ transplants would mean functional immortality and that therefore humanity would go organ-crazy. He's a good writer but I'm not sure things would ever get that far.

Man, considering how much value this system places on human life I wonder what the penalty is for actual crimes, like murder.

Penis Vanguard
Mar 5, 2014

Riftling posted:

Where are people farming weapons? I just got to code 6 and the first solo mission looks like an easy way to get a bunch. With how random the rarity is when manufacturing weapons, doing that seems like a waste of resources compared to straight up farming for them.

The trick is to upload your save to your computer or PSN if you have PS+ and savescum weapon manufacturing so you don't go insane.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

Riftling posted:

You're better off going full autismo and manufacture weapons for a level 8 weapon that's a late bloomer, so you can max out modules and have high damage when it's Level 10.

Speedball posted:

10 years is nothing, don't worry about it. Later missions will help reduce the gently caress out of your sentence.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Yeah, I gathered the materials for about 10 of my chainsaw and my shotgun each then got 20 civilians to skip the build time, uploaded the save to PS+, then I just cranked out weapons until I got the rarity 8 late bloomer model I wanted. I would just download the PS+ save if I didnt.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Speedball posted:

I laughed out loud when your Accessory tells you to sleep, then fines you for trying to sleep lying down without the entitlement.

Best part is, if you turn them down you get penalized for refusing the gift of leisure.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
For me the most hilarious thing in the game is that the grizzled veterans aren't even close to halfway done with their sentence.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

nerdz posted:

For me the most hilarious thing in the game is that the grizzled veterans aren't even close to halfway done with their sentence.

When you spend twenty-four hours a day on the same chair in the post-cyberpocalyptic ice cream shop, those Right to Rest violations start adding up.

Does the Thorn Master aug let you chain leap attacks more quickly? If so, what's a good source of Ruined Conductive Coil: High Quality? I can't figure out where I picked up the ones I have.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
7-1 has them as a 5* reward, I think.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

But that's a Them mission :negative:

If anybody's just reached CODE 8: make sure you take your favorite weapons with you when you go to plant the Seed and visit Simeon again. The weapons he gives you for choosing the Path of Alliance are based on what you're carrying at the time.

Cold Milk Bottle
Nov 19, 2012
Can you get a multiplayer proof for the end game missions that are after the first one, like xx7-4? It's such a draining part of the game, I want to just get it over with already

Teslavi
May 28, 2006
Ridiculous.

Cold Milk Bottle posted:

Can you get a multiplayer proof for the end game missions that are after the first one, like xx7-4? It's such a draining part of the game, I want to just get it over with already

Yep, you sure can.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Thorn Master doesn't seem to do anything for leap attacks. :saddowns: Oh well.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

Really Pants posted:

Thorn Master doesn't seem to do anything for leap attacks. :saddowns: Oh well.

Does it let you cancel out of animations? I was considering it if it would let me thorn out of the end of the sword animations since some of those are looooong.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I talked to Simeon and now I have some new Entitlements in the Interface category. What do these CODE X Sinner Logs do?

Does anyone have a mission they like soloing for entitlement points?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Schneider Heim posted:

I talked to Simeon and now I have some new Entitlements in the Interface category. What do these CODE X Sinner Logs do?

Does anyone have a mission they like soloing for entitlement points?

The Sinner Logs let you replay all the scintillating dialogue scenes from each CODE chapter. :geno:

You can get 1,000 years/EPs for re-fighting either of the CODE 7 end bosses. Abel and Red Rage are kind of a joke, unless you're trying for no deaths. Don't forget the Contribution Booster augs--they boost your EP rewards as well as your sentence reductions.

Do you get higher rewards for soloing?

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Nov 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

The real money for getting years off your sentence is playing online and doing Invasions or playing the CODE-8 style stuff. 5000 years or 10000 years for a single mission!

• Locked thread