Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.
I just lucked out and found a dice room rolled to 6 while doing the head trauma challenge and it gave me some pretty decent items. On the other hand, the next pills I got were health down, tears down, and bad trip. :suicide:

e: I died oh my god just put me out of my misery irl

Literal Nazi Furry fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Nov 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Those wall spiders that fire brimstone lasers all at once when you enter the room startle me every fuckin time

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here

FirstPersonShitter posted:

How the hell do I unlock the cellar? I've killed every regular boss like a bajillion times now.

Someone earlier in the thread suggested you might need to kill the two halves of gemini in both orders (big guy then small and small guy then big) to get it to trigger. Seemed like that's what did it for me.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Atomicated posted:

Someone earlier in the thread suggested you might need to kill the two halves of gemini in both orders (big guy then small and small guy then big) to get it to trigger. Seemed like that's what did it for me.

Can confirm it tripped for me as well when I killed small guy first, I usually always kill bug guy first.

That idea definitely seems to be it. On the other hand, the Cellar sucks and I hate it so maybe put off unlocking it.

shabbat goy
Oct 4, 2008

Not that it will affect my decision, but is it not possible to claim the discount for owning the original BoI anymore? I bought it + WoL a long time ago but neglected to pre-order Rebirth.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Atomicated posted:

I did that multiple times on different floors and the boss rush. Does it have to be against Gemini in a Basement Boss room? Cause I've never, EVER seen him there in over 20 hours.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Diabetes By Sundown posted:

Not that it will affect my decision, but is it not possible to claim the discount for owning the original BoI anymore? I bought it + WoL a long time ago but neglected to pre-order Rebirth.

It's not, it was for pre-orders only.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Atomicated posted:

I finally got it when I encountered a green gemini in the boss rush where the small guy and big guy were totally seperate. I killed the small guy first then killed the big guy after he changed his animations back to running at me. I'd killed the fetus first before, but those times it was like a fraction of a second apart instead of a couple of seconds like this time. I guess it needs time to register one has died?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Yeah you have to kill the small one first on Gemini. And watch out!! Cause the cellar is a bitch(love the music though). In my opinion it's the toughest alternate floor relative to its counterpart. So you might want to complete some challenges and such while you're guaranteed basement.

edit: Also, am I the only one who thinks the soundtrack on rebirth is by far superior to the first one? My sister was telling me how terrible the music was but I think it's mostly really good! The first one was ok but not great.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Nov 9, 2014

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008
Just got a Satan kill with Ipecac. Does anyone else think it's been buffed ever so slightly? It seems to hit you less and also fly over the heads of enemies less as well

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Ghost Head posted:

Just got a Satan kill with Ipecac. Does anyone else think it's been buffed ever so slightly? It seems to hit you less and also fly over the heads of enemies less as well

It's been buffed in a highly substantial way in that if it overlaps an enemy on the x or y axis, it'll explode and deal damage to them, z-axis be damned. Where as in the original it would only hit them when it's actually on the way down, which sucked hard against enemies that like to stick close to you.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Ghost Head posted:

Explosion damage radius feels a lot less intuitive in this one. In the first one it was real easy to tell where any explosion was going to hit you or blow something up, this one less so, for better or worse but mostly worse in this case. But yeah you can shoot it straight at enemies more in this I think too, which I'm thankful for otherwise Suicide King challenge would be pretty much impossible.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
honestly i just feel kind of bad for those two dorks who are playing around the clock, that sounds like the worst loving idea you could have regarding a game you enjoy, especially out the loving gate

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Okay so now that I got the game working (by installing the beta) I did a few runs, and one thing that I noticed... or maybe I'm imagining it, is that things seem faster.

For instance when I'm fighting one of the old enemies that run after you, such as Gemini. I get the feeling both the boss and I move faster and I have to react more quickly. I have no real trouble keeping up, though. Is that really the case or am I just imagining it?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
So I just unlocked the Lost through the method posted in the Reddit puzzle piece thread.

For the record I:

1. Restarted as Isaac until I got a big room with mullibooms next to the starting room.
2. Bombed myself as Maggy in the first room of Caves 1.
3. Got killed by Moms foot in the Depths mom fight as Judas.
4. Got killed by Satan when he flies around and shoots lasers and bullets as Azael.

I did no restarts after getting killed by a Mulliboom, and I didn't die(before I had to) in any of the runs.

Had one of the best runs to Mom as Judas I've ever had too, heh.

Kurtofan posted:

How do I swap cards with the card challenge?

If you're on the PC press left control.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Nov 9, 2014

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014

Kurtofan posted:

It's r2 on a controller, not sure about a keyboard. The 'drop' button in the controls.

Tap to switch, hold to drop.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

I just lucked out and found a dice room rolled to 6 while doing the head trauma challenge and it gave me some pretty decent items. On the other hand, the next pills I got were health down, tears down, and bad trip. :suicide:

e: I died oh my god just put me out of my misery irl

Had this happen to me on Womb 2, it netted me the Lord of the Flies transformation and a bunch of other crazy poo poo. I had no idea what happened, no idea what a dice room was, all I knew is that I walked into a room and suddenly I had a billion new items that completely trivialized the rest of the game. Too bad I didn't get Sheol and it was only my 4th heart kill so the run ended right there.

Massive, spectral, piercing tears that I unfortunately got Chocolate Milk with so I had to charge them, but every charge shot 4 tears and it charged in about half a second. Once I got the rhythm right I just covered the entire screen in tears. That's assuming I even needed tears, because I don't know what the gently caress I got to cause it, but I started every room with unicorn stump-like-invincibility automatically activating and I had tons of contact damage, while having high speed and flying. That was enough to clear most rooms in seconds.

I also entered the level with 12 hearts of health because I came across guppy's paw and a converter (or whatever that thing is called that turns 2 spectral hearts into one regular heart) a few floors up, so I kept switching between them until I had the max hearts that combo would allow.

e:

Otto von Ruthless posted:

It's r2 on a controller, not sure about a keyboard. The 'drop' button in the controls.

left control

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
I'm so scared of dice rooms when I have good poo poo cause I'm afraid it's the reroll everything one and will give me crap

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

I'm so scared of dice rooms when I have good poo poo cause I'm afraid it's the reroll everything one and will give me crap

1 and 6 will both reroll your poo poo. Everything else rerolls either the floor itself or stuff in the floor/room.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Five resetted the floor.

Renegret posted:

left control

Thanks

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

goferchan posted:

Don't worry, the 5th mom kill will unlock something special for you :getin:

Noooooooooooo! :( I'm not good enough at this game for this...

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

I beat Mom (not Mom's heart though), but I had the fart sounds seed, and I didn't unlock anything. Is that supposed to happen?

Edmund Honda
Sep 27, 2003

Mr Tastee posted:

I beat Mom (not Mom's heart though), but I had the fart sounds seed, and I didn't unlock anything. Is that supposed to happen?

Using a seed means you can't unlock anything. Same as playing a challenge, all you can do is complete the challenge.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Okay. I wondered what that symbol meant.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Are you able to switch which Tarot card is in the use slot when you have the extra slot for Tarot cards? I can't figure it out, if it's a feature or not...

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014

Johnny Truant posted:

Are you able to switch which Tarot card is in the use slot when you have the extra slot for Tarot cards? I can't figure it out, if it's a feature or not...

The answer to this question is like two posts up, come on.

Tecman
Sep 11, 2003

Loading the Universe...
Please Wait.

Pillbug
This game is amazing.

First, this is a little funny (but ultimately unsustainable) way to play:

Some item I picked up made it so that every kill spawned a spider. To keep them from dying from self-destructing, I abused a hefty cash reserve and the Pay to Win item to kill everything in a room by spending money. Which spawned more spiders.

In the end I had enough spiders that I could let them kill both bosses and didn't have to fire a shot. The game actually slowed down a bit. My entire wallet was wasted on P2W, tho. :)

This, however, is freaking me out:

That in itself is nothing weird for this game, but this is.

The item in question which caused this is called Judas' Shadow which activated when I died, I picked it up on Judas. Has anyone else picked up an item that literally changes the loading screens?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

The answer to this question is like two posts up, come on.

:doh:

Thanks.

Bulletproof Tiger
Nov 2, 2010
Does Everything's Terrible affect challenges? I've beaten Mom's heart 4 times and I'm wondering if I should try clearing out some challenges before going for my 5th kill.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

GenericGirlName posted:

Noooooooooooo! :( I'm not good enough at this game for this...

My first run after getting Everything's Terrible I make it all the way to satan and beat him, and I also unlock Samson along the way. Are the bosses in the boss rush room supposed to be super easy? Sure I had crazy damage, but I'm very bad at this game and generally take ~1 heart of damage on a (pre-sheol) boss from careless mistakes, and I always take only ~1 heart of damage total from the boss rush. :iiam:

Edmund Honda
Sep 27, 2003

Played the tank challenge and got a dice room on the first level. Not a challenge when you keep 7 hearts but gain a normal level of speed and damage upgrades!

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Got a question for the veterans of the original game now that Rebirth's been out for a bit. Are the controls...improved, for lack of a better word? Is it a bit more noob friendly? I've been playing the base game again to see if I want to try Rebirth and I can't get the hang of the floaty/imprecise controls, tried a 360 pad and the KB+M. Even if I get great items I still throw it away taking stupid damage early on so I'm screwed at or before the foot. I've watched a ton of this game so I know most of the items and tricks, but I'm still at 90 deaths and 2 kills.

e: Kill #3 with Maggy the very next run after making this post. I see your game, Edmund.

redgubbinz fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Nov 9, 2014

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Doing the Pitch Dark challenge, got Pony+FireMind+Soy+TripleShot. So much fire...(PBQ9 ECAB).

e:

Floodkiller fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Nov 9, 2014

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

GenericGirlName posted:

My first run after getting Everything's Terrible I make it all the way to satan and beat him, and I also unlock Samson along the way. Are the bosses in the boss rush room supposed to be super easy? Sure I had crazy damage, but I'm very bad at this game and generally take ~1 heart of damage on a (pre-sheol) boss from careless mistakes, and I always take only ~1 heart of damage total from the boss rush. :iiam:

the boss rush is pretty hectic but if you hve good firepower they go down quickly. usually it seems like if you've got a good enough item setup to make it to & beat mom in under 20 minutes, you can probably handle the boss rush. also, it helps that a shitload of hearts drop (or at least it seemed that way to me) during the fight

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Azazel + damage up items + Tammy's Head = Holy gently caress levels of damage.

I was able to clear every room except Isaac in a matter of a couple of seconds.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

goferchan posted:

the boss rush is pretty hectic but if you hve good firepower they go down quickly. usually it seems like if you've got a good enough item setup to make it to & beat mom in under 20 minutes, you can probably handle the boss rush. also, it helps that a shitload of hearts drop (or at least it seemed that way to me) during the fight

I stare at all those hearts and think "What if I had a temperance card???". One day.. one day...

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

GenericGirlName posted:

A lot of the bosses don't do so well when you put them in a massive room. There's waaaay more room for Isaac to maneuver, so the damage you take goes way down.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Also if you make it to the boss rush room you're likely to have a good amount of power behind you. The one thing though in that room is to take down Carrion Queen ASAP when it comes in, otherwise it will leave red poops around for you to step into through the rest of the bosses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PepperSinclaire
Jan 21, 2007

But everyone's doooing it!

Tecman posted:

That in itself is nothing weird for this game, but this is.

The item in question which caused this is called Judas' Shadow which activated when I died, I picked it up on Judas. Has anyone else picked up an item that literally changes the loading screens?

If you pick up the Ankh, you get resurrected as ??? when you die, and your character on the loading screen becomes a blue doll looking thing (which is actually a dead baby, says the Wiki).