Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac dat second panel.

Heathcliff I think he just did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Terribly sorry for the second strip in today's Bloom County.

Ditto for Calvin And Hobbes, though for a different reason.

Ripley's

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

My father cut out the third Bloom County strip and stuck it to the fridge. My father was a strange man.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (September 3, 1927)

Peanuts (November 11, 1967)

Funky Winkerbean

Popeye

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (January 6-7, 1926)

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

EasyEW posted:

Rip Haywire

I like how, now that he has returned to being a man of action and ever-present danger, Rip's gone back to squinting constantly.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mary Worth

Rex Morgan MD

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Darthemed posted:

Terribly sorry for the second strip in today's Bloom County.

The first one makes me sad to realize that 1988 was the goddamn Lincoln-Douglas debates compared to some of the elections we've had since.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

GorfZaplen posted:

The Phantom

I'm really hoping that barehanding that gun into the bad guy's hand is about to bite the Phantom in the rear end.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Apartment 3-G

Pros & Cons

Sally Forth

The Amazing Spider-Man

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

grandma got game

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
Marvin

"Marvin is a baby who loves to poo poo himself." — the entire text of The Marvin Fan Guide to "Marvin"

Humanoid Female
Mar 13, 2008

I know nothing about babies but would any human being seriously think a baby can make do without diapers for a few nights?? :stare:

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Pogo (November 10, 1956)

Peanuts: Year Two (October 8-10, 1951)

I keep forgetting Super-Fun-Pak Comix. This will pass.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Selachian posted:

The first one makes me sad to realize that 1988 was the goddamn Lincoln-Douglas debates compared to some of the elections we've had since.

I hope all you Bloom County enjoyers feel old. I'm 27 and from my perspective you might as well be discussing the Civil Rights movement.

Howard Beale posted:

My father cut out the third Bloom County strip and stuck it to the fridge. My father was a strange man.

But please keep posting because my dad likes these too. I've been e-mailing them to him.

It's All Righ Chief Dharma

For everyone who had to go to work today.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Humanoid Female posted:

I know nothing about babies but would any human being seriously think a baby can make do without diapers for a few nights?? :stare:

For reals. I mean, we know that Marvin is an unusually lovely baby, but I've been led to believe that even normal babies poo poo every once in a while. Sometimes they might even pee.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Posting today's Beetle Bailey.

Six Chix

Don't know what she's complaining about, seems like she's got a plenty good answer right there.

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Four Eyes

Lost Side of Suburbia

Dick Tracy

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

Deep Dark Fears

Think I'll start posting this. It updates on mondays, and it looks like it was added to GoComics last april.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I know Popeye's keen on it, but canned spinach sounds awful.

Wanamingo posted:

Arlo and Janis
Hey, an Arlo and Janis with a recognisable joke. And it's even amusing.

Wanamingo posted:

Panel three may be the best Inspector Danger panel ever. SO ANGRY! :allears:

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Wanamingo posted:

Deep Dark Fears

Think I'll start posting this. It updates on mondays, and it looks like it was added to GoComics last april.

I like this one, anyway. I look forward to seeing more.

Juliet Jones

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

That is not a child. He is a 40-year-old little person dressed as a child.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Nothing builds up Tracy's appetite like avoiding hard work.

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Pibgorn

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Comic strip megathread XVI: The navy has a high regard for romance and believes it should be encouraged.

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Nov 9, 2014

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Wanamingo posted:

Deep Dark Fears

Oh, that's neat. I check up on its site every once in a while. I like it.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Wanamingo posted:

dammit I was just working on this one :argh:

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004
Bleeker rains payoff.

Pickles ignores the five second rule.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

The Phantom

Sunday Rip Haywire

Classic Prince Valiant

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Green Intern posted:

Comic strip megathread XVI: The navy has a high regard for romance and thinks it should be encouraged.
It's official policy.

F Minus

Mary Worth

Mary is so smug and self-satisfied there are literally fireworks exploding behind her.

Rex Morgan MD

I think Rex is about to discipline Becka. :pervert:

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
Can't believe I'm up this late again just to get a head start on tomorrow's Cathy.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Chill Callahan posted:

Can't believe I'm up this late again just to get a head start on tomorrow's Cathy.

Every single day for as long as I can remember I've read the comics in the newspaper. For some reason I would always read Cathy and afterward I would always ask myself why I read it. It's been 5 years or so since it was last printed, thus 5 years since I last read a Cathy strip, and once again I'm asking myself "Why did I just read Cathy?".

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Chill Callahan posted:

What store in tyool 2014 still sells palm pilots? Or is Cathy doing reruns from 2002 or something?

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Pretty sure Cathy's been over for years and that's just a rerun

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Reply All

Pearls Before Swine

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Uh, Pastis? Are you doing okay? Usually these awful little stories are couched as Rat's terrible ideas...

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Dustin

File this one in the boring category.

On the Fastrack

You could just set up your computer to take a picture of you on a timer if you care that much.

Heaven's Love Thrift Shop

Wow burned by a little old lady.

Slylock Fox

Personally I can't wait until the day 3D printers can flawlessly replicate and mass produce works of art. Mona Lisa for the masses.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Tiggum posted:

I love Flintheart's door sign. :allears:

I like the poster for Vitamin starring in "Abbott & Costello meet Columbus". While looking up Abbott and Costello's "meet X" films, I found this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abbott_and_Costello_Meet_the_Killer,_Boris_Karloff

Dick Tracy's been knocking it out of the park for me with this storyline. "Christopher Cushing"? An appearance by Rikki Mortis?

Comic Strip Megathread XVI: EGAD!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set is oh sweet JESUS ARGH :barf:

Working Daze forgot to tell a joke.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Bleh.

Wow. Heavenly Nostrils is yesterday's. Unbelievable.

9 Chickweed Lane 11/9/2003

Cool. Thorax the murderer. It's a Hannibal Lecter joke, isn't it?

Zits

Not half bad, Holbrook. Here's the original if anyone is interested. May be just slightly :nws: as Janice is sporting some nipplage courtesy of Mr. Crumb.

BlankIsBeautiful fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Nov 9, 2014

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac

Heathcliff

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Get bent, Holbrook.

Bloom County

Calvin And Hobbes

Ripley's

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Aardmania posted:

Dick Tracy

Wikipedia posted:

Around 5:30 a.m. on December 15, 39 police officers and four volunteers approached Sitting Bull's house. They surrounded the house, knocked and entered. Lt. Bull Head told Sitting Bull that he was under arrest and led him outside.The camp awakened and men converged at the house of their chief. As Lt. Bullhead ordered Sitting Bull to mount a horse, he said the Indian Affairs agent needed to see the chief, and then he could return to his house. When Sitting Bull refused to comply, the police used force on him. The Sioux in the village were enraged. Catch-the-Bear, a Lakota, shouldered his rifle and shot Lt. Bullhead, who reacted by firing his revolver into the chest of Sitting Bull.[44] Another police officer, Red Tomahawk, shot Sitting Bull in the head, and the chief dropped to the ground. He died between 12 and 1 p.m.
This seems like a really, really ambiguous thing to Hall of Fame someone for. Shoot, even in an interview with the man he didn't try to make it come off as shiny.

Red Tomahawk interview with Col. Welch, 1915 posted:

I was a Sergeant of the Indian Police. Sitting Bull was my friend. I killed him like this.
[...]We police went toward the camp of the hostiles. We came up behind a corral with horses. No one saw us yet. We went to a log house and I tied my horse to the corner of it. We opened the door and went in. Sitting Bull was there and he got awake then. He had been singing and dancing and was tired and sleepy, I guess. We told him to go with us. I had hold of his left arm and I had my gun in my hand, too. I told him not to make cry for his people. We would kill him first. We got outside and he made a loud cry as his son came around the corner of the house, and then the hostiles came. His son, Crow Foot, came and was killed right away. He went down these tracks and died. (Pointed to the trail depicted on the map). I shot Sitting Bull in the left side. He fell with his face down. I shot him again in the back of the neck then. He was dead then. There were lots of shots then. We had a battle with the hostiles. Bull Head, Shave Head, Warriors Fear Him, Broken Arm, Hawk Man were all killed. They were police like I am. Many hostiles were killed. The soldiers came up fast and shot twice with a cannon. They shot off the hind part of my horse tied to the house. They wanted to kill the police, too, it looked like. The soldiers took what Sitting Bull had on to keep for medicine. One soldier hit him in the face after he was dead, with a neck yoke. We piled him and the police dead into the wagons and went to Fort Yates with them. He is buried there. That is where he lies where I point. I was under orders so I killed him. He should not have hollered.
I mean, there's a lot of stories about the death of Sitting Bull, but I still haven't heard any where shooting him came off as necessary, and calling the Ghost Dance an uprising is a stretch and a half.

Drakyn fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Nov 9, 2014

Speed Crazy
Nov 7, 2011

don Jaime posted:

Pickles ignores the five second rule.

I can't see PLOP! in a comic strip anymore without imagining one of the characters doing a flop take from Condorito.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

Peanuts (November 12, 1967)

Funky Winkerbean: Even when Westview takes it all the way, the Scapegoats can't stop being idiots.

Out Our Way (January 8-9, 1926)

Cowboys take care of their own. :clint:

Super-Fun-Pak Comix

The rest of Sunday is coming soon, I swear.

• Locked thread