Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Katana Gomai posted:

Have you ever been to Dortmund? No one wants to stay there unless they have to.
Glass house much?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

frankenfreak posted:

Glass house much?

I live in Cologne, not Leverkusen (as do most of our players :newlol:).

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Dunban posted:

lol

If Reus was so keen on staying in Dortmund then why would he insist on a buyout clause in his contract?

He should join a good team instead of staying in the Bundesliga

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Katana Gomai posted:

I live in Cologne, not Leverkusen (as do most of our players :newlol:).
Okay, go on then.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

frankenfreak posted:

Okay, go on then.

I grew up there, it's a shithole but I could see the BayArena from my school which was :krad:

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Buyout clauses are obviously shoved into contracts by greedy agents. They are the ones who profit most from players changing teams as often as possible.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Katana Gomai posted:

Have you ever been to Dortmund? No one wants to stay there unless they have to.

Too true. Admittedly, I haven't been to Dortmund in 8 years, but the last time I was there it was drab and dreary. Getting the gently caress out of there to Cologne was very therapeutic.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Jose posted:

He should join a good team instead of staying in the Bundesliga

He should go to Bayern. The other two are already there. Why postpone the inevitable.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
is kagawa being "played in position" at Dortmund now?

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

mackintosh posted:

Too true. Admittedly, I haven't been to Dortmund in 8 years, but the last time I was there it was drab and dreary. Getting the gently caress out of there to Cologne was very therapeutic.

You should've felt right at home then

elbkaida posted:

Buyout clauses are obviously shoved into contracts by greedy agents. They are the ones who profit most from players changing teams as often as possible.

Yeah, I'm sure they literally held a gun to his head when he signed the contract.

Dunban fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Nov 4, 2014

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Dunban posted:

You should've felt right at home then

If I were from Dortmund I'm sure I would have.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

We won a game! :toot:
We're already qualified for the Europa League at least. :toot::toot:
One more point and we're in the 1/8th finals. :toot::toot::toot:
If we beat Monaco, we'll win our group! :toot::toot::toot::toot:

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
So does anyone think dortmund might have turned the corner now in the bl? they looked fairly good against bayern but its hard for me to watch more games stateside.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
Never a doubt in my mind. Now just hope we win the group and maybe draw an opponent from group H.

Nimmy
Feb 20, 2011

Soon young Melvin.
Your time will come.

elbkaida posted:

While this is true, the agent profits more from a 40m release clause than a 25m release clause. It was evident that Reus would be worth that much by the summer of 2015, so I think this was more of Reus' call than his agent.

On another note, holy poo poo Alaba's role is something I have never seen before. The awareness of Lahm and Alonso in the back of the midfield is allowing Alaba to do something totally unique and extremely hard for an opposing team to handle. I'm finally at a point where I believe in what Pep is doing rather than constantly bitching about how he ruined something great that Heynckes created. This setup is revolutionary.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Alaba has picked up a knee injury and will be out for a couple of months.

loving hell this season :shepicide:

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Dunban posted:

bayern official twitter said couple weeks, also with international break and no meaningful CL games bayern will be fine.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Lord of Garbagemen posted:

bayern official twitter said couple weeks, also with international break and no meaningful CL games bayern will be fine.

Not seeing it on there.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Dunban posted:

Not seeing it on there.

http://www.bavarianfootballworks.com/2014/11/5/7164085/report-david-alaba-withdrawn-due-to-injury-in-win-over-as-roma-out

i stand corrected, sky germany said few weeks. Bayern just said tests tommorow. I will now commit sudoku for my dishonor.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
Bayern - Frankfurt might be cancelled because of the railway strike. :stare:

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

alaba is under going surgery out till probably January, these injuries are absurd.

Dunban posted:

This guy jinxed it.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Dunban posted:

Are you seriously complaining about Bayern this season? I don't want to think how badly you'd bitch and moan if you were an actual fan of another club. I could go ahnd break the legs of every second Bayern player and they'd still win the league without much problems, or just buy another squad during the winter break.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Infected posted:

Are you seriously complaining about Bayern this season? I don't want to think how badly you'd bitch and moan if you were an actual fan of another club. I could go ahnd break the legs of every second Bayern player and they'd still win the league without much problems, or just buy another squad during the winter break.

Nice meltdown

also agreed

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Infected posted:

wrong thread

also lol at the "actual fan" bit

Bayern having tremendous injury woes this year is just an objective fact, but yeah, I'm glad that we've finally got enough squad depth that even having 5-10 key players injured over months doesn't hurt us too much.
A couple of years ago that definitely wasn't the case where he had maybe 15 good players and then dross like Lell or Karimi.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
It's so loving frustrating watching Dortmund at the moment. It doesn't seem to matter how many wonderful chances the team creates, their is no way the ball is going in the opponents goal.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Reset Smith posted:

It's so loving frustrating watching Dortmund at the moment. It doesn't seem to matter how many wonderful chances the team creates, their is no way the ball is going in the opponents goal.

It's almost like there's someone missing.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

That certain someone won't be moving though.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
what the gently caress was that

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
I think Kramer is still concussed

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Hahaha

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

holy lol

Redczar
Nov 9, 2011

Own goal of the year nominee for sure

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Reset Smith posted:

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
Kramer was just too fed up with Dortmund's inability to score.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
quite the own golazo: http://gfycat.com/WhoppingHighBee

E: oh, didn't see this already posted in the Pics thread

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Reset Smith posted:

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

great tackle

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Lmao that own goal. It is beautiful.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
FINALLY A WIN!!!! I don't care that it took Kramer's scrambled brain to achieve it. Dortmund finally beat a German team! :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

trem_two posted:

quite the own golazo: http://gfycat.com/WhoppingHighBee

E: oh, didn't see this already posted in the Pics thread

:stare: it's hypnotic, what was he trying to do ?

• Locked thread